DreamTale - A fight to the pa...

Por _arty_boi

Everyone knows of the classic legend of Dreamtale. How Nightmare betrayed Dream, by eating the apples and des... Más

Chapter 1 - A fight to the past
Chapter 2 - Strawberries
Chapter 3 - Story
Chapter 4 - Too soon
Chapter 5 - Welcome
Chapter 7 - Care.
Chapter 8 - Missing
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Trying to build
Chapter 11 - Golden Apple.
Chapter 12 - Frustration
Chapter 13 - Dream and Nightmares day
Chapter 14 - Capes
Chapter 15 - Dream
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Knights
Chapter 18 - Hidden
Chapter 19 - The apples
Chapter 20 - Even more travelling
21- Forest of uneasiness
Chapter 22 - Along the forest path

Chapter 6 - Hurt

1.3K 66 25
Por _arty_boi

Thank you to  OneGalaxiePen for this amazing suggestion. I had fun writing it and I hope you enjoy it. 

Warnings: Mentions of death and gore.

Please proceed with caution if you are uncomfortable with this subjects. 

====================================

Star and Nightmare began walking down the village. Looking at all the bright decorations that hung from roof to roof. All having the symbols off the apple's that were swaying softly back at the tree. Nightmare was taking in all the amazing sweet smells that were there, fresh pies, pastries and other delicious baked goods were out on display.

Moon and Dream were back at the tree. Star having told Nightmare that they could look around the villager, as Moon and Dream were sleeping, holding him in a protective big brother hug. Nightmare had decided that he wanted to get Dream something to make him feel a bit better about losing his tooth.

"Star!" Nightmare exclaimed tugging on one of Star's twin tails. "Could we get something sweet for Dream and Moon?" He inquired happily, smiling widely.

Star petted the top of Nightmare's head. "Of course we can." He agreed, seeing as though Nightmare began laughing childishly. "What should we get?"

Nightmare went towards one of the stalls then. Still too short to look other the stall and see the other goods. Nightmare huffed in annoyance, puffing his cheeks out similar to his younger brother.

"Can't see?" Star snuck up behind him, startling Nightmare. Nightmare soon then felt Star pick him up from under his arms and place him on Star's shoulders. "Better?"

"Woah, You're really tall!" Nightmare declared, his eyes pretty much beaming with joy as they went from a regular lavender to a lighter shade.

Star laughed a little. "Why thank you." He thanked simply, chuckling to himself as he thought 'Only if he knew that he would grow to be taller than me'.

Nightmare then looked down at the stall, now towering other the stall. "Oh there's star shaped cookies!" Nightmare pointed towards them. "We should get some."

"Of course. I'm positive Dream and Moon will like them." Star agreed, soon getting shoved quite roughly. Making sure that Nightmare was alright as he had stumbled rather badly, but regained his composure. "Um excuse me." Star said passive aggressively. "You don't need to budge us. You could of just asked us to move."

A dark chuckle came from the person who came in front of him. "Of course I could've." They had a rather strong accent, which Star recognised as being an accent most people had from UnderFell, but never here. The fun part was that they also had a golden tooth with a cigar wedged in between. "But I didn't." He puffed a large waft of smoke towards the two of them.

Star put one of his hands other Nightmare's mouth and nose. Star was disgusted by this, once the smoke moved past and he made sure Nightmare was okay. "You know he's a child right?" Star lifted Nightmare from his shoulders and put Nightmare on to the ground.

"And?" The stranger said taking the cigar from his teeth and stamping it in the ground.

"You shouldn't blow smoke in a child's face. It's bad for their health." Star answered.

"Who said?"

'Oh right' Star remembered. 'This is a medieval world. There's no scientific evidence that smoking is bad.' Star looked off to the side quickly, not in embarrassment as the stranger thought.

"That's what I thought. Plus the boy's a monster." The stranger opened up their jacket and got another cigar out. "Giving us negative emotions and negative experiences. But what for? Lost my buddy last week, the only friend I had. Feeling like crap, since she's gone." The stranger put the cigar in his mouth and his eyes looked lost.

Nightmare's bright eyes went to a dull purple in a matter of seconds. "I'm really sorry sir." Nightmare apologised, even though it wasn't his fault.

The stranger only glared at Nightmare, grabbing Nightmare then by his collar. "If you were sorry you would of dis-"

Star quickly took hold of Nightmare who looked terrified. Star held Nightmare tightly. "Don't finish that sentence." Star said sternly. "I understand that you're mourning the death of your friend. Trust me. I've been mourning the loss of my brother for the past hundred years. You have my sympathy. But don't let your anger consume you, it'll make you far too angry at the world."

The stranger only scoffed. "Oh shut up!" He yelled. "A hundred years?! You expect me to believe that! No one lives that long!" The stranger began screaming in Stars face, pressing a finger constantly jabbing at Star's chest.

Star stood his ground. It wasn't the first time he had been told that.

"Some people do." Star said, getting the strangers hand off of him. "So please stop." Star said, seeing as though now a crowd were watching the three.

Star's eyes widened in surprise as he saw the glimmer of a weapon in the strangers hand.

"Nightmare quick go back home, I'll be there soon." Star quickly told Nightmare, putting a hand on Nightmare's shoulder and gently nudging him away.

"But-" Nightmare brought a hand towards Star.

"I'll be there soon." Star smiled quickly, giving Nightmare a small feeling of reassurance. Nightmare nodded then, convinced as he ran off towards the tree.

Moon had woken up. Stretching a little as the sun hit him right in his face. He flinched a little as the sun got in his eye. Soon though his eyes were saved by the sun, thanks to the Tree of Feelings branches and Dream. Dream was now upside down.

"Where's Nighty and Star?" Dream asked dangling above Moon.

Moon looked to his side. "I don't know." He mumbled before getting up and getting Dream off of the branch. "They'll probably be back soon though." He yawned a little. "So I'm gonna go back to bed." Moon lifted his hood up and shut his eyes.

"No." Dream complained, whining a little, tapping Moon's knee. "I'll get bored." He added lying on the green gas.

Moon only sighed. "Of course you'll get bored." Moon suddenly felt very anxious about something. Unknown to him at the time, as he only merely glanced at the village. But that was enough to see how many people were gathered in a small spot near the edge of the town, furthest from the tree. "Have you heard any noises from the town while I was asleep?"

Dream sat up, rolling a little. "I heard people talking and the other children asking me to play. I also heard someone scream." Dream replied after a while, before his eyes lit up. "Hi Nighty!" He waved at the upcoming Nightmare, who was out of breath and didn't have time to catch his breath as Dream hugged him quickly.

"Oh hi Dream." Nightmare said awkwardly, hugging back. Smiling a little.

"Where's Star gone?" Moon asked, trying to force the anxiety he felt back down, in order to keep his cool demeanour.

"He said he'd be here soon." Nightmare mumbled. "But he's down in the village."

Moon got up. "I'll go get him." Moon petted the two boys heads. "Be back soon. If you need anything just shout." Moon waved to the two before going down the hill and back to the village.

Star soon felt himself gasping from pain. Holding his hand to where a fresh wound was applied just above his hip. He had been able to get away from the stranger. Hiding in a dark alleyway.

'Its not a big deal' Star told himself, trying to get out from his slouching position. He put his hand on the wall and forced himself to get up, to stand up!

But he fell back down, coughing violently, hitting his stomach against the ground. "Gah!" He exclaimed clutching his stomach and still trying to stop the bleeding above his hip. His body was hurting and the only thing he could think about was how Moon when they were younger had probably gone through.

And he was just a kid!

Had the body and mind of a child!

But he was an adult now and even he felt the pain... he couldn't let Moon see him like this. Getting out of the small ball he had made himself he got up. Looking at the twin tails off his cape. He ripped one of them off and tied them around his waist where he his wound was located.

He got up and walked out into the street's going back to the stall where everything had taken place. Getting the star cookies Nightmare had wanted before turning away and heading back home. Waving and smiling at people who he made eye contact with, as every step, felt rather painful, as the fabric itched against his wound.

He soon saw Moon ahead of him.

"Ah there you are." Moon said relieved heading towards Star, eyeing up the small bag of star cookies that had a pretty golden bow. "Oh cool you got cookies."

"Yeah I did." Star nodded his head. "Did Nightmare get home safe?" He inquired as Moon turned around.

'Ignore the pain'

'Ignore the pain'

'IGNORE IT!'

Star's mind began screaming as he continued to chat with Moon, who was talking about how Star should've told him that he was going to go to the village. Star only nodded as they continued to walk. Soon they made it back to the tree.

Nightmare and Dream eyes beamed up at the sight of the cookies that Star had then handed to them.

"Oh you got the cookies!" Nightmare smiled happily.

Dream looked at his brother. "They smell nice." Dream commented a little, still holding onto Nightmare's arm.

"Yeah, me and Star were gonna get you guys cookies, so you would feel better." Nightmare told Dream, smiling sweetly.

Star soon opened the bag and gave the cookies to the smaller of the two. "Enjoy." He spoke up. Star soon sat on the edge off the tree stump, pouring himself another cup of tea. Moon sat down next to him.

"Are you alright? You seem tense." Moon inquired, putting a hand on Star's head.

Star dawned a smile. "Of course I am. Just well going back to the village and remembering stuff, just brings me back to you know that day." Star only half lied, completely avoiding what actually was causing the pain.

Moon nodded in acknowledgement. "Well that makes sense." Moon sat next to him. "If you feel like that again, just come get me. Okay?"

Star smiled. "You've changed a lot haven't you." Star laughed a little.

"Well you did as well. You're not a kid anymore." Moon glazed other at the forest. "But I'm serious. Come get me if you feel troubled."

"Okay."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.4K 259 23
You know the story. Dream kept a dark apple hidden from Nightmare. And finally, in desperation to understand his dear brother's pain, he ate the dark...
6.2K 312 12
What if the corruption that invaded Nightmare's mind after eating the apples disappeared? When he woke up after a long sleep Nightmare found himself...
3.7K 66 10
Undertale AU based story of Nightmare, who needs bad Sanses to catch the apple of the true feelings for him. The apple gives ultimate positive/negat...
40.2K 1.2K 5
(REWRITE OF THIS BOOK IS UP! It is called "Obsessive Love".) (I do not own the cover, Undertale nor any of the characters besides my OC's, they belon...