DreamTale - A fight to the pa...

By _arty_boi

Everyone knows of the classic legend of Dreamtale. How Nightmare betrayed Dream, by eating the apples and des... More

Chapter 1 - A fight to the past
Chapter 2 - Strawberries
Chapter 3 - Story
Chapter 4 - Too soon
Chapter 6 - Hurt
Chapter 7 - Care.
Chapter 8 - Missing
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Trying to build
Chapter 11 - Golden Apple.
Chapter 12 - Frustration
Chapter 13 - Dream and Nightmares day
Chapter 14 - Capes
Chapter 15 - Dream
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Knights
Chapter 18 - Hidden
Chapter 19 - The apples
Chapter 20 - Even more travelling
21- Forest of uneasiness
Chapter 22 - Along the forest path

Chapter 5 - Welcome

1.2K 75 13
By _arty_boi

Moon was sadly correct. Somehow the village was done in under a week and already a grand vast of the luscious tree's had disappeared. A few villagers at a time began settling in with their families. The children seemed to always be glancing up at the tree on the hill, gazing upon the luscious golden apples.

However, Star and Moon didn't really mind the children really. It was the older villagers, who were the children's parents that they were more concerned about. As the children were kind hearted and polite. Inviting both Nightmare and Dream to run around the bottom of the hill and go to the fields nearby to pick at some of the flowers that were there.

Since it was the beginning off the villagers settlements... the adults didn't have any hate towards Nightmare and his negative aura, as they didn't know about it.

Moon was sat under the hill at the moment. The shade's off the leaves hiding him from the scorching sun. Star was in the sunshine though, keeping a close eye on their younger versions who were happily rolling down the hill.

The sounds off drums began to ring out in the air. Bringing a rhythmic beat along with them. Star and Moon looked other to the direction that the banging of drums appeared, seeing that many off the villagers were their bearing gifts. Most of them were small toys, made of either wood or were soft toys such as teddy bears.

"Oh it's that day already?" Moon sat up right, getting up and tapping Star on the shoulder. Moon continued to jog down the hill.

Star remained sat down. Feeling instant regret for this one moment, that he couldn't of known was going to spiral out of control and make his brother feel horrible like an evil entity.

He inhaled sharply, soon snapping out of his thought.

"You coming?" Moon asked quickly.

Star shook himself. "Yeah..." Star got up. "Just thinking off something."

Moon raised a brow. "I didn't ask." Moon told Star giving him a hand. "Well let's go and burn those toys." Moon said, rather cheerfully in a strange way.

Nightmare and Dream were a little scared at seeing all these taller people holding strange items in their hands. Nightmare being the older and taller of the two had brought Dream towards him. Nightmare was a little fearful about what they were holding, but most importantly was more intrigued. Dream as well was intrigued by the items as his eyes morphed other into stars.

"Night what's going on?" Dream whispered to him.

Nightmare shrugged. "I don't know." He replied in a whisper as well.

The tapping off a staff soon also appeared. As a small elderly looking lady appeared, holding a book under her arm. Nightmare and Dream exchanged looks, obviously clearly confused.

"Hello, young guardians." She spoke dawning a small smile. "We have come to offer you gifts." Who they assumed was probably the village elder.

"Why?" Nightmare questioned.

"Because you look after the tree of Feelings, for us to keep positive emotions." She replied simply.

"And the negative emotions." Dream added. "There needed for balance." He mumbled a little more, seeing as though a few of the taller villagers glared at the smaller one.

The village elder soon saw some of the glares that were given. "You lot behave." She shot a huge glare towards the villagers. "Here." She waved her hand and some of the villagers put the toys on the ground. "We hope you enjoy these gifts"

Moon and Star soon appeared then. Noticing the crocodile and bear from earlier in the week. Moon and Star just glared at everyone there. Moon especially smirked, slightly reminiscing about the time he pretty much killed everyone in front of him. Oh the power he felt.

In theory, he could march up the hill eat the apple's and do it all other again.

Swim in the negative emotions once more. See their shriek and distraught faces, tears falling down their faces.

Why was he holding back?

So many opportunities he had to eat the apple's once again. Oh wait. Star was there and would probably stop him and that disappointing look would tear him up inside.

Star was now taken authority in the situation. "Say thank you." He gave a caring look other at Dream and Nightmare, his tone soft.

The two boys nodded. "Thank you." They said in unison, still confused on what to do in the situation.

"Do you have a bag? So we can carry them back up." Star asked, keeping a calm and official look about him.

One villager sprang up. A young lady, wielding a basket made of sticks. "Here you go." She handed it other to Star.

"Thank you, very much." Star took it carefully. Crouching down to pick up some off the toys. "Do you mind if I ask a simple request on behalf of the guardians?" Star stood up once again.

"Of course not." The young lady answered surprisingly quickly. Causing a few of her fellow villagers to look at her rather strangely.

Star handed the basket to Moon, looking up at Dream and Nightmare before back up the tree. Moon nodded, taking hold of Dream's hand in his other hand.

"Right come on." Moon said, looking at Nightmare before walking back up the hill. Nightmare followed behind, however still exchanging glances behind him to see what Star was up too. However, he soon felt Dream grab hold off his sleeve.

Dream's golden eyes might as well of been the sun as they were glowing so brightly, as his eyes know had multiple stars that reflected in them. "Nighty lets go play!" He exclaimed, tugging on his arm.

Nightmare nodded. "Okay then." Nightmare agreed as he and Dream ran the rest off the way up.

Moon had put the basket on the ground near the tree. Before sitting back down. Looking other at Star who was talking with the villagers still. He couldn't hear what he was saying, as it wasn't loud or clear. Since when Star came back he was holding a box.

"So? What'd you ask them?" Moon questioned, as he looked at Star who had sat next to him.

Star gave a smirk other to him. "Well." Star began opening the box. "I asked if they had any tea and surprisingly they have tea. So I'm going to drink some tea now." Moon peered in to see a kettle a cup and many many tea bags.

Moon raised a brow. Star let out a light laugh. "I'm only joking."

"Then what did you ask?" Moon muttered frustrated getting annoyed by Stars 'silly' joke.

Star sighed relieved, looking up at the bright blue sky. "Well. I asked them not to bother Dream and Nightmare, as they have an important job to do."

"And how did that go?" Moon also looked up.

Star looked off to the side awkwardly. "Well... let's just say it could of gone better."

Moon only nodded. "Well of course, it wouldn't off. We've faced this once before." Moon looked other at the tea cup Dream was now holding and pouring himself a cup. "Can I have a cup?"

"Of course." Star smiled getting out another cup.

"Thanks." Moon thanked. Looking off to the side other at Dream and Nightmare. Who were off playing with a few toys they were given. "We use to be so weird." Moon sighed a little.

Star nodded handing the cup to Moon. "I agree. But we had each other." Suddenly though they heard a thump on the ground.

"Oh stars Dream are you okay?!" The two heard Nightmare exclaim. Nightmare had crouched down next to Dream. "You're missing a tooth!"

Dream sat up quickly, looking up at Nightmare with tears in the corner off his eyes. "Nighty it hurts!" Dream jumped up and hugged Nightmare tightly.

Moon got up quickly and ran other to where the two were. "What happened?" Moon asked quickly.

"Dream tripped and landed onto that." Nightmare answered hugging his brother extremely tightly trying to stop him from crying.

Moon looked other at the wooden toy that was now lying on the ground. A few splotches off yellow blood was on it. "Right Dream come here." Moon looked at Nightmare, who was hesitant to let Dream go.

Dream let go off Nightmare, but still held onto his brother hand.

"You've just lodged your baby tooth out." Moon reassured. "You'll probably just need a rest." Moon said picking Dream up.

"Okay." Dream mumbled tearfully. Nightmare trailed behind a little.

Moon climbed into the tree and put Dream there. "Now go to bed." Moon instructed.

Dream shook his head. "My cheek hurts." He put a hand on his cheek.

Moon took off his hoodie, folding it until it was the shape of a pillow. "Right rest your head on this." He placed it down.

"Okay." Dream complied.

"Does that help?" Moon wondered, as he heard Star snicker from below them.

Dream nodded, humming a little. "Yep." His voice was a little muffled. Dream then shut his eyes. "Thank you Moon." He yawned before falling asleep.

Moon only smiled.

"You're welcome." 

=========================

Another chapter for this book done. I hope you guys enjoyed!

And I was wondering, if anyone would like to request some scenarios for the four to go through. If you have any suggestions please comment them :)

Hope your having a lovely day/night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 259 23
You know the story. Dream kept a dark apple hidden from Nightmare. And finally, in desperation to understand his dear brother's pain, he ate the dark...
68.1K 2.2K 39
When Ink is exploring the au's, he stumbles upon a new au where he meets a new friend named Nightmare. The both of them create a close bond, and Nigh...
3.7K 66 10
Undertale AU based story of Nightmare, who needs bad Sanses to catch the apple of the true feelings for him. The apple gives ultimate positive/negat...
25.2K 1.4K 34
If someone had told the Bad Sanses a week ago that they would not only have an unwanted vacation but would also have turned into children, they would...