Fitting In.

By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

The BAU faced so many downturns but with a sudden budget increase and some timely encounters, the team might... More

Chained up.
Fresh Air.
All of Them.
Welcome Back.
Under Suspicion.
Finding Him.
Returned.
Coffee.
June.
On My Own.
Working Together.
House.
Gut or Elbow.
If He Can.
Matthew.
All Over.
Delayed.
Specify.
In Time.
Hot Water.
Profiling the Profilers.
Left.
Rhubarb and Rose.
Paddleboarding.
Beach.
Suits.
Faux end.
Linda Barnes.
Latched On.
Shackled.
Ravaged.
Split and Scorned.
End.

Daniel.

25 3 1
By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

If nothing else, the world around Elora was crumbling. Her brothers had put themselves at risk and she blamed herself.

"Third time, no response. He is an idiot but not this bad. I am going to call Lawrence." Her phone was picked up once again and it began ringing.

"Hey, El. What is going on?" He was distant as he spoke and there sounded to be a busy crowd around him.

"Do you know where Dan is? When was the last time that you spoke to him?" Her breathing picked back up.

"How are you, Ren? Oh good, good. How about you El? Oh, yeah I am good too. Nice conversation. Look, I guess that you saw Dan so it isn't a secret now. We are all coming over. He and Matty came over earlier so that Matty could get to know the area better." The laughter was heard as men were all laughing and joking behind him.

"NO!" Matty jumped and Elora just stepped away for a moment as she tried to think.

"Hate us that much?" There was far less joy in his voice than there was normally.

"Ren, Dan is missing and Matty is currently sat at my desk. I want to look for Dan but I can't leave him alone and I have friends who can help but he is more stressed with them." The line had gone quiet and instantly there was a rustling of clothes and a deep rumble was heard.

"Where do you need us?" There was a far off sound of a tannoy system as he spoke and she had a good guess for where they were.

"Stay there. I will go to the airport and pick you up. I will bring Matty so that I can then drop all of you off at my place." Elora walked over to her brother and crouched down to his level.

"No. You have never been any good at protecting yourself, we will look and you stay with Matty." Her eyes rolled as she gestured for Matty to follow her.

"I live here and have done for two years now. Besides, I may or may not have some help from people who do this for a living." There was a hesitation before he spoke again.

"We booked a car to rent. Dan and Matty picked it up and parked it at the airport before taking a taxi to that location that Dan had, he left the keys with airport security. And El, we aren't about to put the life of our brother on the line because you have a private investigator friend." The car was met and the speaker was connected. Matty had been given earphones so that he could not hear and he took the back seat.

"They aren't private investigators. Quite the opposite really..." Her thoughts were stopped when Emily climbed into the front seat and Spencer took the backseat.

"I don't care. We are helping you to look and that is the end of this conversation." He hung up before she could respond and then he rang back.

"Took you longer to realise that you have no leads than it should have. Ren, this is bigger than you are and it is my problem. I will pull up to your location and then... Wait. Emily, can you get Garcia to track this number?" Her phone was pulled out and unlocked as a number was then pulled up.

"Emily? I know that there are a lot of us but you are the only girl. Oh, let me guess, your not 'private investigator' friend is there." Elora rolled her eyes and moved the car in the direction of the airport.

"Fine. You always had to know everything, Ren. You could never just accept that perhaps there are things in this world that you don't know. These friends of mine are from the FBI. Part of a specialist team that literally does this for a living." He seemed to shut up as soon as she said this and her face became sullen.
"Sorry, I'm just worried. I didn't mean to snap at you. How are the others?" Her voice grew weaker as she spoke.

"They are fine. We have just left and we are looking for the car. We have their bags in the boot so tell us what car to look for." Just as he said this a horn was heard and they turned to it. Elora was behind the wheel.

"Follow me." She spoke and they all climbed into the car quickly.
"Matty, Matty. Do you want to go in the car with the boys?" He had slowly climbed out of the car and got into the other one.

"Elora. Who are they?" Spencer kept winding his neck up to get the best view of the road and who was in the other car.

"My other brothers. Lawrence was on the phone, he is the oldest, then there is Angus, Michael is next and then the twins but I am the baby. Matthew has severe autism but he has always been at Daniel's side. The pair cried almost every day on the way to school. Matthew had to attend another one because our one didn't have the provisions for a boy like him." Their drive was mostly quiet as Spencer watched their surroundings and Emily checked her phone constantly.

"She has his location. Morgan and Hotch are looking now. JJ and Rossi are looking where the police claimed to have found Matty." The car only had a short distance to go so her foot pushed a little harder as they got to her house.

"I want to check my house before the boys go in. This is my fault that they are in danger." Elora climbed out and just as the boys got out she waved them back.

"Wait, since when did you have a gun?" Emily didn't recognise the men but they all looked just like Matty did.

"Some strong genes in this family." Emily mumbled before following out and walking behind Elora, Spencer followed.

"I'll use the front door. You two check the backdoor and boys, even if there is someone there and they manage to get out of my house, don't do a thing. They might have a gun." Emily and Reid walked over to the back of the house in search of the door while Elora took the front.

A set hand met the door handle as it opened, the door was not supposed to be open, black marks were around the lock and so the gun was lifted slightly higher.

"FBI. COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP." Elora rarely spoke in a voice so loud that it seemed to be odd. Without putting anymore thought on it though, she walked into the house further until she moved up the steps and looked for someone. Emily and Spencer had entered at one point and all of their hearts were beating as fast as they could as the adrenaline was pumping.

Elora jolted her gun towards her bedroom where the door was left open and the three walked into the landing some more. Slowly they approached the door and it was at that point that Elora saw that her vest was still in the car.

"3...2...1." Elora whispered so low that they barely heard but the door was swung open and all of them pointed their guns towards the room.

Elora found a new strength as she saw the man on his knees whilst holding some of her jewellery.
"Get up."

Jewellery dropped and all of their guns were holstered once again and Emily began to read him his rights.

"Who robs an FBI agent?" Emily had barely taken him away when Elora spoke and began to place all of her jewellery away.

"He probably had no clue. If he did then he would have at least brought a gun. This isn't an accident that your brother was taken on the same day but they probably have no clue about who you are. How did he know your address though?" Spencer's words didn't help as he had hoped but she was able to carry on with their clean up.

"All my brothers have my address. Probably got it off of him. Maybe it was written in his wallet or on his phone." Elora sat on her bed while she looked out for a second and wiped a tear before finally, she got to her feet and walked out of the room.

"We should go." Emily had rushed up the steps as the two other agents walked down and they met on the steps. Elora just nodded and they walked out.

"Boys. It isn't safe here. I will take you to a hotel until this case is all cleared up." They nodded and got into their car while the agents also climbed into Elora's car.

"Bloody idiots." Elora smacked the wheel before starting the engine and moving towards a hotel that she knew well enough. The boys got out but Elora didn't leave the car, she just drove off once they had entered the building.

"Why did they leave Matty? I mean, I am so glad that they did but surely you would leave no one behind." The drive was quiet as the day grew to be darker.

"Maybe Dan kept him safe." The clouds had circled about the team constantly.

"Look. It's late. Spencer has been yawning for the past half hour and you look like you might just drop. I will drop you off at work Emily and I can drop you at your home Spencer." Her wheel never stopped as she worked towards a goal that seemed impossible.

"No. We are solving this case together and if you aren't sleeping then neither am I." Elora could barely smile as she heard the comment but no resistance could be thought of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.9K 24
A mysterious girl decides to call the BAU for help on something that she has been struggling with for the past eight years. Will they be able to solv...
102K 1.6K 32
Agent Y/N Cooper gets relocated to Quantico BAU after a dangerous accident. She often finds her heart in the hands of the one and only Dr. Spencer R...
98.6K 2.9K 31
After her sudden departure from the BAU, Y/N and Spencer have spent the last four years apart, yet somehow, they keep finding their way back to each...
1.6M 28.9K 50
Charlie McDowell is the newest member of the BAU. Smart, sarcastic, stubborn, and unwilling to share anything with her colleagues, will they be able...