The 7 Deadly Sins: The Cursed...

By ravenmoon_

Within the realm of the Celestial Palace, where everyone maintains peace and order down to the world of morta... More

Chapter 1: The Mission
Chapter 2: Pride
Chapter 3: Envy & Wrath
Chapter 4: The Secluded House
Chapter 5: Lust On A Rouge
Chapter 6: Sloth
Chapter 7: The Underworld
Chapter 8: Gluttony and Apologies
Chapter 9: Pretentious Greed
Chapter 10: Finally Complete
Chapter 11: Broken Child
Chapter 12: Hide and Seek
Chapter 13: When Love Turned into Lust
Chapter 14: Double Encounters
Chapter 15: Carrot Cakes and Books
Chapter 16: Workaholic or Just Greedy?
Chapter 17: Swallow Your Pride Part 1
Chapter 18: Swallow Your Pride Part 2
Chapter 20: One Point For The Underworld
Chapter 21: The Slap of Failure
Chapter 22: Fears
Chapter 23: Captivity
Chapter 24: Gearing Up
Chapter 25: Save Yourself
Chapter 26: My Nightmare Came True
Chapter 27: Saved By A Traitor
Chapter 28: Who Came To Visit?
Chapter 29: Bloody Battlefield
Chapter 30: The King's Jackpot
Chapter 31: Checkmate
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: The Eclipse
Chapter 34: The Final Battle pt. 1
Chapter 35: The Final Battle pt. 2
Chapter 36: In Its Time (The Final Chapter)
The Original Ending

Chapter 19: An Emerging Betrayal

441 31 11
By ravenmoon_

When Gabrielle left the supermarket, San came back to his senses. He realized he hasn't captured Keonhee and killed Gabrielle, heck not even a scratch has he given her. He just couldn't kill her, he doesn't even feel the need to hurt her.

San was so pissed when he went back to the Underworld. Upon stepping on the palace, nervousness started to rise within him. How would the King react to this? He has never delayed an order from him. He would always finish his tasks in no time, that was why he's the King's favorite.

The King was not present on his throne. He should be there to wait for him to come back yet he's not here. San sighed in relief when he wasn't greeted by the King.

"Where's his highness?" San asked the guard at the door.

"His highness went out to eat. He told me that if you finally arrived, just go straight to the dining hall."

Just when he thought he could take a break and make up for his failure, the King was always impatient for results even a meal cannot be used as an excuse. San began to walk to the dining hall, his footsteps echoing through the palace. It matched his strong heartbeat but he still maintained to look composed and calm on the outside.

When the King saw San enter the dining room, his eyes instantly lit up with excitement. "San! You're finally here! Did you finally have that wretch's head?"

San bowed down to the King, preparing himself for his reaction. "I apologize, your highness. I have failed to capture the cursed man."

"Oh, how about her head?"

San mentally cursed at how obsessed he was for obtaining her head over obtaining the cursed men. He must really hate Gabrielle to the core. "I don't have it, your highness."

"What!?" The King exclaimed as he slammed his hands on the table, shaking up the dishes and drinks in front of him.

"I'm afraid, the angel isn't an easy opponent. Our encounter, I'm afraid, is one of the most remarkably ones I've ever had." Gabrielle and San may have not fought for real but he was telling the truth. It was the most remarkable one for him, and it's up to the King how he'll understand what he said.

The King eyed San who instantly avoided his gaze. It was as if he could read him. "Tell me what happened."

"I was stalking them at the parking lot. I almost got the cursed man but her senses were sharper than I thought. That was when our strengths started to clash. It was intense and I never felt so challenged at that time. Yet everything was ruined when the man she's with just hit me with his car. That certain attack got me off guard and they drove away."

That was the most stupid excuse San has ever come up in his whole life. He knew he better slap himself after this, well, if the King would believe this stupid excuse he has made.

But why is he even making excuses?

After his explanation, the King stared at him. San remained to look calm on the outside just like his usual self but he was really nervous for the first time he reported to the King.

"But you look fine, San." The King eyed his body. "You don't seem to be hurt at all."

A hole. That was a hole to his excuse. "Your highness?"

"If you were hit by a car, you wouldn't be standing so well in front of me. You would have some bruises from fighting that wench since you said it was remarkable. The impact of the car, wherein you said it caught you off guard, should be big and effective."

San bit his tongue and tried to think of anything without showing how panicked he was. He has to come up with something. Something believable to cover up the hole he found.

He cleared his throat. "Well, I have brought a healing potion with me, your highness. And before I came here, I fixed myself to face you presentably."

The king raised his eyebrows to contemplate San's reasoning. He nodded, sipping his wine. "You always come straight to me after you accomplish my orders, despite the wounds and scratches you had. Why the change?"

Another hole.

"It was uncomfortable, your highness. I apologize for not coming straight here to report to you." San bowed his head, hoping this would stop.

The king raised his hand to stop him. "It's okay. Don't apologize. I just got used to you coming directly here."

He tapped on the table with his fingers. "Next time, I hope you'll finally be able to gather them. At least one or two." He looked at San with so much expectations. "I consider you as the best servant I have for so many years, San. I expect you to finish this neatly and easily. You are dismissed."

San bowed his head one last time before leaving the king. The moment he turned around, he inhaled sharply. He got through him. Barely.

When he was nearing the door, the King called for him.

"San,"

San paused for a moment, wondering what this is about next time. He turned around to fully face the king. "Yes, your highness?"

"The angel's head. Don't forget it." The king reminded San before he started eating once again. San nodded his head and turned to leave.

Once he closed the door behind him, he let out a breath of relief. He's safe for now, yet he doesn't know how he'll deal with his next encounter with Gabrielle.

San remembered their first meeting at the supermarket. How she looked and how strong she felt without even having her execute much strength. He doesn't want to kill her. He can't kill her. The feeling just wraps around his dark heart uncomfortably but he didn't even bother trying to pry it off.

He has to think of how to abduct the seven men without getting Gabrielle involved.

I apologize, your highness. I cannot give you the head you desire. It's just too beautiful to be decorated on a wall.

Just as he made his way to his room, he saw someone familiar across the hallway. He looked at the man who approached him. He had black hair. Its right side was pushed back to the side while the remaining part of his hair has its bangs down. He wore a leather jacket with a black turtle neck underneath it. It was paired with black ripped pants and combat boots.

"San, my friend! I didn't know I'd see you here!" The familiar man let out a wide smile as he was finally in front of San. His smile was wide but it was clearly fake, even San can see it.

"Didn't know I'd see you today too, Seonghwa." San replied, completely uninterested of this whole situation.

"I heard you were ordered to gather the cursed men and kill that famous angel. What's her name again? Garbel--"

"Gabrielle." San coughed.

"Oh, right. Gabrielle. So," Seonghwa trailed off. "Where are they? Are they in the dungeon? Is the angel finally here? I want to see her."

"They're not here."

Seonghwa looked at San with so much surprise. "What? They're not here? You didn't get them?" He let out a breath. "How? Aren't you so fast? You know, in completing your highness' orders?"

San held himself from rolling eyes. He knew very well Seonghwa is not saying this out of surprise. He's trying to mock and make his first failure a happy story. He loved knowing San making mistakes.

"Unfortunately, it's not as easy as you think it is." San said. "Know that it's the famous angel we're talking about. I even got hit by a stupid car."

Seonghwa looked so amused. "Well, you aren't wrong. She's one of the youngest angels yet also one of the best ones. And that is why, my dear friend, I'm getting excited at meeting her. I'd like to know how what she's really got."

"Don't even think about it." San threatened Seonghwa. He meant for Seonghwa to not even touch her, but to Seonghwa's perspective, he believes it's all about their competitiveness.

"Why? Are you the only one who wants to face her and kill her?" Seonghwa gave him a daring look. "I believe everyone wants to see her head displayed at the palace. If you cannot do it, I'll gather those men myself and cut off that angel's head for his highness. You're not the only one on top, San. You may be his favorite but I'll prove it by my skills of who deserves that spot."

San looked unbothered. "Are you done? I just want to congratulate you for your competitiveness. Keep trying. You still have a lot to catch up to be at my level." He patted Seonghwa's shoulder before leaving him.

Seonghwa scoffed in annoyance. It completely pissed him off. He felt insulted and offended. How dare he speak like that? It's as if he's looking down at him.

He dropped everything and just made his way inside the dining room. He saw the king eating at the end of the table. When the king saw him, he acknowledged and nodded at him to come in front of him.

"Seonghwa. I haven't see you in a while." The king said as Seonghwa bowed down to him.

"Forgive me, your highness. I was doing some business." He apologized before standing straight. He was waiting for this.

"I'll go straight to the point because I'm getting impatient myself. San failed to gather the seven men and kill the angel today. I'd like you to help him to rush things. We can't afford to gather them too late."

"Yes, your highness." Seonghwa nodded his head at the king's words. He felt satisfied to be given the same mission as San.

"It would even be better if you'd gather them all a lot quicker." The king said which inspired Seonghwa. Until he continued. "Well, I know San would still do better with or without you but I'm just getting impatient."

His last statement almost made Seonghwa frown from hurt. He gave the king a tight lipped smile. "Don't worry, Your Highness. I'll gather them all as quick as possible and I'll cut off the angel's head for you."

The king smiled in amusement and pride. "That sounds good, Seonghwa. You're growing well. You might as well be one of my favorites if you satisfy me."

This boosted Seonghwa's confidence even after the previous statement. "Being one of your favorites won't matter to me, Your Highness. I am just doing everything to serve you loyally."

Behind Seonghwa's smile is a dark and sinister face.

This is the beginning, San. Watch out and prepare yourself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 278 35
When 2 of the oldest members of ATEEZ get stressed, they can't help themselves but slip into little space. They always took care of each other when o...
165K 2.6K 23
this is an old ass oneshot book that i wrote in 2020 so if you want to read it venture at your own riskπŸ’€πŸ’€ its definitely cringy and poorly written ...
13.7K 608 23
Two different worlds with two different kingdoms that were separated by two borders that formed each different areas. ꜱᴜɴ α΄‹Ιͺɴɒᴅᴏᴍ ᴍᴏᴏɴ α΄‹Ιͺɴɒᴅᴏᴍ What w...
4.5K 44 11
One shot scenarios and reactions of the ATEEZ members. I also post these stories on my Instagram account: @a.tease_fics