Pinky Promise (Paused)

By BrumosoAmor

Meet Sage Harlow. A young twin sibling living in Brighton & Hove, England. Currently living happily with his... More

1 | Chapter One
2 | Chapter Two
3 | Chapter Three
4 | Chapter Four
5 | Chapter Five
7 | Chapter Seven
8 | Chapter Eight
9 | Chapter Nine
10 | Chapter Ten
11 | Chapter Eleven
12 | Chapter Twelve

6 | Chapter Six

134 12 2
By BrumosoAmor

"Sanity and Happiness are an impossible combination,"
-Mark Twain

CHAPTER SIX

     We had finished eating around two hours ago. So we moved on to the arcade part of the restaurant but truth be told I got bored of it fast.

       Noe was with Alfie and Jenna at a claw machine, wasting their money on a toy. Something they knew they were never going to get. Theo had gone after a girl he met and was more then desperately trying to get her number. Dragging Santiago with him.

       Then there was me. Sitting alone but enjoying the music flowing through my headphones. To which I'm not complaining. I was on my phone texting James, Noah and Lily.

Sage
"I think I'm going to die of boredom🙄☠️"
Delivered.

Lily
"What's up buttercup? Weren't you out with friends
tonight?🧐"
Delivered.

Sage
"Just cheeky !! They're off doing their own thing, I'm alone😢"
Delivered.

       Seconds after pressing send I feel the booth dip besides me. "Porque andas solo? Why are you alone?" He asked as he slid a sparkling water across the table for me to catch.

       "Oh these are my absolute favorite!"

       "Ya se, I asked Noe," He chuckled as he threw a wink. Both actions causing the butterflies in my to reappear.

       "You're accent is really cute you know?" He mentioned as he scooted closer to me.

       "Thank you, I can say the same to your spanish," I blushed, not really being confident in my compliment.

       "Gracias, It comes naturally," He smiled.

       "So have you lived here all your life?" I asked, struggling to open the water bottle.

       "Yeah, I have. It's not all that fancy but it's one of the most popular cities around here I guess." He shrugged and smiled as he watched me still struggling with the stupid water.

       "Te ayudo?"

        "Imma take a long shot and assume that means you're asking to help," I accept defeat and hand him the bottle. And guess what? He opened it with such ease.

       "What in the bloody hell.." I whispered.

       "You loosened it up for me," He shrugged his shoulders again, laughing at me. I glare at him and huff. I liked being able to talk to people one on one. I'm not sure why, I just get shy and anxious when it's more than two people. I guess my brain just considers it being a crowd, something that makes me truly uncomfortable.

       "My bad cielito, I didn't mean to test your strength," I squint my eye at as I drink the fizzy beverage.

       "What does ce-lito mean?" I frown as I butcher the word completely.

       "I'm sorry what?"

       "Cel-ito, what does that mean?"

       "One more time?" He smirks as he cups his ear. I glare at him once again.

       "Cellito!"

       "Sor-"

       "You know what I mean!" He busted out laughing so I crossed my arms and waited for him to finish.

       "I'm sorry Cielito, It was just to funny to not hear you say it again." His laughter calmed down but I never uncrossed my arms. I huff out and looked away. I could still here his soft laughter when I felt something on my arms.

       "Come on Cielito, I was just playing with you. Lighten up," He grabbed my arms forcing me to uncrossed them. I look up at him and I met his eyes, he had a big toothy grin exposing one of his dimples on his left cheek. I blushed and looked down. I've never been this close to a boy that wasn't James or Noah.

       "If you're gonna have a nickname for me then I get to have one for you!"

        "Alright, give me your best one," He smiled and stared at me, waiting. I stare back at hime for a while before he says something again.

       "Come on Cielito, I thought you were gonna give me one today," He laughed once again causing me to blush. The sound was just so contagious.

       "Oh shut your bloody mouth," I slap him on the shoulder and he flinches as he laughs harder.

       "Damn Sage, what did you do to him?" Theo asked as he sat down across from Santiago. Santiago's laugh died down a bit after Theo sat down.

       "I didn't do anything, I swear," I raise my hands in the air as if I'm surrendering.

       "I haven't seen you laugh like that since middle school, honest to god thought you forgot how to,"

       "Shut up, Theo. I laugh all the time,"

       "Pinche mentiroso that's a lie and you know it,"

       "Fine, maybe not all the time." He smiled shyly and looked away.

       "More like since you started working,"

       "Just because you're working doesn't mean you can't have fun," I pitch in.

       "Yeah, I agree with the pipsqueak. Dude ever since you started working you've been nothing but serious grumpy and tired," You could tell that Theo was genuinely worried about him.

       "Look I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off that way. You just don't know how it feels to struggle," He whispered the last part as he glanced around.

       "I know but still man, you're over working yourself and that ain't right. You're still super young yet you work like a thirty-five year old man supporting a family of five."

      "Okay, ya para no? No quiero hablar de esto en frente de personas ajenas," He slammed his hands on the table making me flinch. Getting up he started walked away "You can't run away from your problems, Te siguen," Theo shouted so Santiago replied with a middle finger towards him.

       "See what I mean, always grumpy," I shook my head at Theo and got up from the booth.

       "Tell my sister I won't be long, aye?" I tell him as I begin to run after the other boy.

       "What? You're running too? Don't let his depression get to you,"

       "I would never!" I laugh and open the door to the outside, looking around I find Santiago getting into his truck.

       "Wait up!" I yell, he looks up and smiles at me. Shaking his head as he unlocks his car doors. Getting in and closing the door, I look over at him to see he staring at me already.

       "Forgive me for the scene I caused. Theo just doesn't know how to shut his mouth sometimes,"

       "Don't fret it to much Santi,"

       "Santi?" He looks over at me with a smirk. "I like it Cielito," He says as he reverses out of the parking lot.   I'm aware you should never get in a car with a stranger, and nevertheless leave the building your sister is in with strangers. But to be fair this is just a book.

.
.
.
.

       "What are you thinking about?" 

       Santi and I had parked outside the little plaza by a cute little park. It was now around nine and Noe had texted me tell that she was at Jenna and Theo's with Alfie and Harry. There was soft Spanish music playing in the background, not something I quite understand but it was soothing to say the least.

       "Not much, just the whole moving thing. You know? What about you?" I look at him, he had his left arm chilling on the steering wheel and his head on his right arm that was resting on arm rest between us.

       "School, work, baseball, all that good stuff,"

       "You play baseball?" He looks over at me and smiles showing off his left dimple, "Of course Cielito, only the best in the city," He throws a wink my way cause me to look away blush.

       "I bet you're always this flirty with everyone huh?"

       He scoffed, "If it was that easy, I wouldn't be single right now," laughing at the end.

       "I suppose you're right,"

       "To be completely honest, I've never thought of anyone in a romantic way. Nor have I dated anyone believe it or not,"

      "I refuse to believe that, how have you never dated anyone??"

       He shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I've always been so invested in working or playing baseball that it became the least of my concerns," I was a bit shocked to say the least. Now and days dating was the number one priority to people my age. Everyone around me always seemed to be in a rush to get in a relationship.

       "That's interesting, well if it makes you feel any better neither have I. I've never even kissed anyone,"

       "Now I refuse to believe that. How old are you?"

       "I'm only seventeen, but it's normal! There are people in there twenties that have never kissed anyone yet!"

       "Mmh, you ever hear a twenty year old say that?"

       "Shut up you twat! You know what I mean,"

       "Mmh, twat? Is that how people who haven't kissed insult?"

       "I hate you so mu-"

       He kissed me! His lips were soft and I could taste the mint of the gum he was smacking on. My eye were wide open unlike his. He softly bit down on my bottom lip before releasing.

       "Now, you can say you've kissed someone,"

————————

Unedited
Word count: 1500
Helllllloooooo my beauty bees!! 🐝
Im soooo excited for this book i have so many ideasss and i just wish i could transfer my imagination to yall. But sadly i cannot :( I hope you guys liked it, sorry if it too long. i know sometimes people get bored of long chapters.
But anyways make sure to vote and comment!! <3

For those of my bees out and about protesting! Make sure to take care of yourselves please! Stay hydrated, with a buddy, and stay safe!! We all love you and im sure someone will be more then relieved to have you back home safe and sound!
And if you're not protesting make sure to check out the link in my bio for more information on how to help!
#blacklivesmatter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4.4K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
1.3M 66K 146
The ancient Greeks said Cupid's arrows could make you fall in love, but what if those arrows hit the wrong person? And what if that person was Eastwo...
660K 33K 41
Liam Walsh, Nick Kavanagh, and Jeremy Sawyer only have one thing in common: They're seniors at St. Ignatius Academy, an all boys Catholic preparatory...
118K 3.3K 33
Nathan's life: school, work, secrets, and survival. Ryder's life: soccer, friends, awesomeness, and his mom's annoying attempts to set him up. Nathan...