Safe Haven (SLOW updates)

By Xannny

Everything's not always what it seems..sometimes you just need a safe haven. More

Copyrights 2020
Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine

chapter three

1.9K 215 112
By Xannny

Chapter Three

"Yo, you got my phone."

"Who is this?"

"This Haven, right?"

"Yeah."

"When I'm getting my shit back?" He asked with a attitude.

Haven hung up the phone without another word being said, it was as if everyone in her life was so rude for no reason. She hated she couldn't stand up for herself as she does in her head.

Haven continued watching Love and Hip Hop until she accidentally dozed off, she was real tired from working, dancing and keeping her GPA up to date.

"Haven, you still woke?" Indigo asked coming in the room immediately waking her.

"Mhm."

"I have a problem and you are the only one I could talk to."

"What's the problem?" Haven sat up ready to listen to Indigo problems.

"I've been talking to this boy low-key and we've been going good so far but now he says he feels like a secret and wants to come out."

"So what's the problem?" Haven asked a tad bit confused.

"When we become public rumors and side chicks going to suddenly pop up creating drama. You know how I am about people or even getting closer to people but I actually love him and I would be so heartbroken if we decided to end it because something fucked us up."

"I think you should tell him how you feel about this and if he still wants to then this is a test. A test to see how strong you guys relationship really is."

"Yeah you right, I just don't want us to stop talking y'know? I think we could get some where far." Indigo shrugged.

"If you believe in your relationship, it should be strong."

"Thanks sissy, we got to get you a boyfriend now or somebody you could talk to. You too damn pretty to not be playing people kids." Indigo patted her hair making Haven laugh.

"I don't want a boyfriend right now but the minute I do I'll promise to let you know." She smiled.

"You better, imma get you a baller with a car and a education. Someone that could compare or better because ain't no nigga gon have my big sister looking stupid."

"Please go to sleep." Haven smiled.

"For real, we can't have you looking bad out here like Flaire." Both sisters busted out laughing at their own inside joke.

"What's been going on with you big sissy?" Indigo asked laying back on the bed leaning on Haven as they talked up a storm until they both began to fall asleep.

~

Haven woke up in a panic looking for her phone to check the time waking up a sleeping Indigo, Indigo yawned then looked at Haven with a mug for waking her up.

"What are you doing? What's wrong?" She asked a little concerned to see her panicking.

"What time is it?" She asked still looking for her phone.

Indigo grabbed her phone off the drawer and read the time with wide eyes. "Oh shit, it's 2:00."

"We missed school." Haven frowned.

"Well we did go to sleep around three in the morning, so it's expected." Indigo shrugged getting out the bed.

"I'll go make breakfast." Haven instructed. "Well brunch."

She walked down stairs seeing Genesis and Devin talking in hush tones, she decided to mind her business because obviously they weren't being loud for a reason. She began to go through the pantry trying to find something to cook that would be quick.

"Haven missed a day of school?" Devin gasped coming in the kitchen grabbing her and checking around her face. "Is she okay? Do we need to go to the hospital?"

"I think so, this isn't normal behavior. Is she finally being the rebellious teenager?" Genesis gasped playing along as they both found it hilarious.

"Ha ha, so funny." Haven mumbled with the smile on her face trying to stop her laugh.

"But for real, why you here? You good?" Devin asked drinking his Brisk Iced Tea.

"We just woke up, I guess we all wasn't feeling school today." She shrugged.

"Flaire not here, that's why I thought y'all all weren't here." Genesis looked confused.

"She bitch made for that." Indigo growled coming in the kitchen not even looking up from her phone as she texted away.

"Language." Genesis glared at her.

"Nah fam, this is a recession."

"I hate your little sisters." Devin said covering his mouth so he wouldn't spit out his juice from laughing too hard.

"So did you find out who phone you have?" Genesis asked.

"It's a boy but he was being rude so I hung up before he could tell me who he was."

"So how are y'all going to meet up to switch phones if you don't know who this is?"

"I'll turn the phone back on and wait until he call again so he can tell me where he wants to meet up at."

"I'm coming with you just to make sure this ain't some ugly ass old pervert." Devin muttered.

"Sir yes sir." Haven saluted him making them laugh.

~

Flaire walked the hallways when she should've been in her last hour but she was skipping instead, she didn't feel the need to go to art class. She didn't like drawing and the only pictures she liked was the ones that involved her in it.

"Aye Flaire." She heard from behind her making her roll her eyes.

"Who calling me?" She looked back mugging the group of football players.

"You know it ain't me so what the fuck you looking at?" Keygen asked with a bored expression.

"Your dirty ass love saying shit to me, I'm not your bitch so why do you keep talking to me?" She laughed.

"Dirty ain't even a word I would be associated with and watch ya mouth when you talking about her." Keygen defended Sapphire, hating that bitch word.

"I say what I want when the hell I want to, so what's next?"

"You so extra for nothing." Ezra laughed putting his arm over her shoulder calming his best friend down.

"Cause he's annoying as hell and bitch made as hell, like let that hurt go." She waved him off.

"What hurt?" Keygen laughed. "My girl everything and more, the fuck?"

"And that's good for you." She clapped smiling. "Now who called me?"

"I did, your sister in school today?" Adonis asked with a smile.

"Get ya pervert ass outta here, my sister is 16 you 19. Indigo not bout to fuck with you." She scrunched her face up automatically becoming defensive.

"I ain't checking for Indigo young ass, wassup with Haven?" Adonis asked rubbing his hands together.

"What you checking with my sister for? She ain't one of these bitches out here that's giving up anything." Flaire mugged him.

"Like you?" Nate joked but stopped once she looked at him throwing his hands up in surrender. "That was a joke Flaire chill."

"She was bout to dig in that ass." Tyke joked making them laugh.

"That's why he changed up so quick." Ezra chuckled.

"I'm not even on that with shawty, I just wanna get to know her for right now and then if it get that far then she'll be my girl." He spoke with true intentions.

"I'll put the word in but if she don't want to fuck with you then that ain't my bidness." She spoke looking at Keygen with a mug as he looked at his phone with a wide ass smile.

"I'm leaving, good luck on y'all game-"

"Hey Ezra." Regina smiled coming over with Brooke and Aaliyah.

"Wassup?" Ezra gave her a side hug still holding on to Flaire though.

"Hey Flaire." Regina smiled.

"Bitch I don't like you or your ugly ass friends, don't say shit to me cause the minute you say something I don't like Imma smack all three of y'all asses just cause y'all ugly as hell." Flaire exclaimed typing on her phone not even looking up.

The trio didn't say anything because they knew what Flaire was speaking was true, Flaire talked shit because she can back up every single word that came out her mouth. She wasn't the type of girl that sent a empty threat and that's why so many females never stepped to her.

"Damn all she said was hey." Nate laughed.

"I don't like your dirty ass either so you better not say shit to me, you'll get the same treatment."

"Stop fucking playing with me." Nate yoked her up by her shirt slamming her to the lockers.

"Aight get your brolic ass off of me." She laughed.

"Ezra, I called you yesterday." Regina informed him.

"I lost my phone, what you wanted?" He asked.

"You." She touched his arm rubbing it making him laugh and smirked.

"I'll hit you when I get my phone."

"Alright love." She smiled walking away.

Ezra shook his head calling his phone hoping it would answer but got the same answer since yesterday, his voicemail. He groaned running his hands down his face annoyed, mad ho's probably been calling him.

"I'm going to class, good luck on y'all game. Go, fight, win." Flaire cheered blandly. "That's how it go right?"

"Bye." Most of them said in unison making her laugh.

"You ain't even going to class, you like 25 minutes late." Keygen added.

"Time don't matter when you got the juice." She laughed walking away going towards her art class.

"Ms.Knox nice seeing you, do you have a pass?" Her art teacher asked making everybody in the class look up at the door.

"Nah, I was in the hallway working on my community service hours." She lied sitting down on the stool.

"Alright, copy the objective and pick a animal."

Flaire nodded her head but disregarded anything Ms.Pulliar just said putting her head on the desk sleeping the last twenty minutes away as if she didn't have classwork to do.

~

Haven walked through the door sore and slow, she had just came back from dance practice but they had to do a lot of stretching and gymnastic work this practice. She popped and cracked things that she didn't even know was there, her body was going through it.

"Take that stick out your ass and get out my way." Flaire clapped trying to make her move faster.

"Why don't you just go around?" Haven rolled her eyes not increasing her speed.

"Because I want to annoy you." She laughed clapping louder as if she was motivating her up the stairs.

Haven grew annoyed but quickened her pace so she can get away from Flaire, she finally made it to her room almost immediately going to the bathroom in her room to run her a steaming hot bath. She threw some Epsom salt in her bath and grabbed her phone putting her library on shuffle.

By time she got out, she was feeling much better. She walked in the room hearing something vibrate, she searched around in her draw for the phone that was vibrating.

She looked at the time that read 11:20 letting her know she been in the tub for a while now, that explains why she was so wrinkly. She slid the arrow to answer the phone waiting until the rude ass boy said something.

"Oh you finally answered." Ezra mumbled surprised.

"I guess." She put the phone on speaker so she can get dress.

"So like wassup, you enjoying my phone that much that you can't answer?"

"I don't even know your password so how can I even get on your phone?"

"I didn't know your password but I'm on your phone." Ezra laughed.

"How? Did you go through my phone?" Haven asked praying that he didn't go through her pictures, she didn't care about anything else but the pictures in her camera roll.

"I got connections but don't worry I didn't go through your shit. I just want my phone back."

"So where are you now?"

"Not in the state, we had a football game."

"Football game?" Haven asked with wide eyes not paying attention to anything else he said. "You a football player? Which one?"

"See for yourself." Ezra said with a smirk. "Go through my phone to see who I am."

"I don't know your password." She looked at the phone like he can see her.

"Go ask your sister then call me back." He chuckled.

Haven rolled her eyes, she wasn't with the games but she desperately wanted to know who phone she had. She hurriedly finished getting dress then walked to Indigo room seeing she was on the phone with her head hanging off the bed smiling.

"Hold up, yeah sissy?" Indigo asked with the phone still to her ear.

"Do you know who phone this is? The password?" Haven held up the phone.

"No, why?"

"The owner is playing games, he told me my sister would know the password."

"Welp, go see the demon child but I'm coming cause I wanna know."

Indigo jumped up smiling hoping it was somebody cute so Haven could get a boyfriend, they walked into Flaire room seeing she was laying down on her stomach on FaceTime with her best friend.

"Hold on, some little bitches in my room." She looked back then sat up. "Speak."

"Do you know who phone this is?"

"Yeah, why you got it?" Flaire looked at Haven confused.

"He has my phone and I have his, he told me to ask my sister to unlock my phone and you the only sister who know who phone is this."

"He could have just told you, his dumb ass." She laughed snatching the phone out of Haven hand putting her face into the phone unlocking it.

"So who phone is it?" Indigo asked looking over her shoulder.

Haven shrugged going to his pictures so she can see his face, her mouth went agape when she clicked on the first photo. She accidentally dropped the phone but quickly picked it up before it can lock.

"Close your mouth before something get in it." Flaire laughed.

Before Haven could reply the phone rung and she answered quickly not looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Who's this?" She heard a female voice which sounded as if they had a attitude.

"Put it on speaker, I wanna hear." Indigo snatched it out her hand not knowing it wasn't Ezra on the phone.

"Hello? You deaf? Bitch like I said who is this?" The girl questioned again.

"You called my phone, who is this?" Indigo asked.

"This is not ya phone, where is Ezra?" She asked smacking her lips all ghetto like.

"This Regina?" Flaire asked taking the phone.

"Yeah, who the fuck is this?" She asked.

"Bitch you bold, you better calm down for I smack you."

"You ain't smacking shit, fuck is you on? Where my nigga at?"

"I'll see you Monday, ugly." Flaire hung up. "His password is my name, get out my room."

Haven walked out with Indigo hot on her trail wishing that Ezra wasn't interested in her, she said she wanted Haven to have a boyfriend but not that type of boyfriend.

Haven unlocked the phone typing in 352473 which spelled out Flaire name in numbers, the phone unlocked and she dialed her number putting the phone on speaker. She waited as it rung a few times and right when she was going to hang up he answered sounding like he was sleep.

"I fell asleep fucking with your slow ass." He laughed.

"Why couldn't you just tell me your password yourself?"

"Cause I'm bored."

"Okay, when can we meet up to trade phones?"

"Tuesday morning."

"Tuesday morning?"

"That's what I said, right?" He replied smartly making Haven hang up.

"I'm going to sleep, got a early practice. Love you sissy." Indigo kissed her on her cheek and exited her room closing the door before she can even say it back.

She turned off her lights turning on the t.v going through the guide clicking on her favorite movie Twilight: Breaking Dawn pt. 2. She laid down on her side smiling at the movie as if she haven't saw the film way too many times.

The phone began ringing and she looked at it debating if she wanted to answer or not but as soon as she decided to answer the phone stopped ringing. She shrugged not wanting to call him thinking he wouldn't call back but he did.

"Yo that hanging up shit got to go, how the hell you hanging up my own damn phone?" He growled as soon as she answered.

"Because you're so mean and rude."

"Well you too sensitive."

"Okay." She said about to hang up.

"Wait don't hang up, my bad."

"Okay."

"So anybody been texting or calling me?"

"Um, I didn't go through your phone."

Ezra had to pull the phone away from his face for a second confused, girls would take the chance to go through his phone as if their life depended on it. He rubbed his chin hair and cleared his throat.

"Why not? I went through your phone." He admitted making Haven heart damn near beat out her chest.

"What did you go through?" She asked.

"Don't worry, I only went through your messages."

"Oh okay." She said a sighed of relief.

"Although, I like the boy shorts better than the thongs." He smirked and she gasped hanging up embarrassed.

She blushed burying her head deep in the pillow embarrassed that he saw the many booty pictures she took on her phone but never sent them to anybody but her friends. She was just glad that she deleted the more explicit pictures prior to.

On the other hand Ezra was smiling wide laughing that she was embarrassed, usually the females would be excited to get those words from him. This was something different, he laughed giving her a minute or two to get herself together.

"Who got you smiling like that pussy?" Keygen his best friend asked coming in the hotel room that they shared together.

"Nothing bitch worry bout your girl not creeping on no niggas while you out of town."

"Yeah aight, beat Sapphire ass like she took the last piece of cornbread." He said making them laugh.

"Stupid as hell brah." Ezra waved him off putting in his airpods pressing the FaceTime icon calling his cellphone. "Why you not showing your face?"

"Because I'm ugly right now and you didn't even make a FaceTime appointment." Haven mumbled touching the satin bonnet on her head.

"You beautiful as hell, fuck is you talm bout brah?" He asked surprising Keygen, Haven and mostly his self.

This nigga must be crushing, Keygen thought as he looked at his best friend shaking his head. Ezra caught him but decided on not saying anything to him.

"You better not laugh."

"I'm not, go head."

She showed her face looking at him, he looked at her admiring her face in the dim lighting. Her face was bare of makeup, you could see the little freckles around her eyes and nose just like Flaire had. Her plump lips that was wet due to her licking her lips and the gap that was barely noticeable unless you really looked.

"Why you staring at me like that?" She asked growing shy making him snap back into reality.

"Cause you really beautiful." He said before he could stop his self.

"Nah, I let it go the first time but now I gotta know who the hell you talking to." Keygen said getting off the bed.

"You in my business?" He laughed moving his phone.

"Hey brother." Haven smiled hearing his voice.

"He can't hear you, I got my airpods in."

"See look she already wanna talk to me." He laughed finally snatching the phone. "Who the hell is- Haven?"

Keygen mouth literally dropped seeing her on his screen smiling and actually talking. Haven wasn't the person to talk to you or even smile if she didn't know you so he was wondering how well they actually knew each other. She was real reserved.

"Hey Key."

"Wassup? This you?"

"No, somehow our phones got swapped and we can't get our phones back until Tuesday apparently."

"Yeah we out of town sis and we get back Monday night at like 2 in the morning."

"Good luck on your game tomorrow."

"Yeah, good luck on y'all competition." He handed Ezra back the phone giving him a look and Ezra waved him off already knowing what he was talking about.

"So what now?" Haven asked.

"What's your favorite color?" Ezra asked making her furrow her eyes.

"Orange."

"Favorite animal?"

"Baby monkeys."

"Favorite number?"

"18."

"Favorite ice cream?"

"Neapolitan."

"The fuck is that?" He scrunched his face up making Haven laugh.

"Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry."

"So like you eat it all together? That's nasty."

"No, I eat it separately but it comes together."

"Favorite song?"

"Bryson Tiller x Been that way."

"Favorite movie?"

"Twilight Breaking Dawn: pt 2."

"Eclipse better." He said making me smile since he knew the movies.

"Team Edward or Jacob?"

"Don't ask me that gay shit." He smacked his teeth making Haven laugh.

"Omg, it's not gay." She covered her mouth laughing.

"Team Edward."

"You gay as hell brah." Keygen stopped his phone conversation overhearing that part.

"See." Ezra smacked his teeth as Haven laughed harder tilting her head back. "Alright I'm bout to hang up on you."

"Ooh you're going to get diabetes with how salty you are." She mocked Lexy from BBOD.

"You sound as stupid as her when she said that dumb shit." He cracked a smile as she continued her laughing fit.

"Alright, I'm done. Why you asking me questions?"

"I got to get to know my future wife and mother to my kids before we can plan our future."

"Alright, smooth criminal." She laughed trying to hide the wide smile she desperately wanted to let out.

The rest of the night they spent talking about their past, friends, passions and dreams. Not once was there a quiet moment on the phone until they suddenly fell asleep, not being able to stay up anymore.

"Hello?" Haven answered rubbing her eyes looking at the sun come through her window fixing her bonnet on her head.

"Good morning." His raspy voice said yawning. She looked at the phone seeing him look back at her, they both smiled simultaneously.

"Good morning." She said back.

"Never talked to a girl this long on FaceTime or the phone." He admitted.

"I guess we're each other's first." She laughed making him chuckle.

"I guess."

"Early morning workout before the game let's go!" Coach C yelled banging on the hotel room.

"Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer." She laughed. Yesterday after talking they found out their favorite Disney movie was Cars, it was really a underrated movie that didn't get enough credit.

"Funny for that, good luck on your dance competition today. Bring it." He clapped his hands like they do on the cheer leading movies laughing.

"Omg Bye." She laughed blushing.

"I'll talk to you tonight." He laughed.

They both hung up with smiles on their face until they decided to get ready to do their early morning workout, they both was running through each other minds but right now they needed to focus on what they were good at.

Their Safe Haven's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242 12 19
Life in a small town, the good and the bad!
24.9K 845 38
You gotta find the beauty in the inside 🥰 Read to find out 🤌🏽
803 86 20
At some point in our life we think about that special someone, even if they aren't in our lives yet. There's always so many steps to take, sacrifices...
Hope By harley

Teen Fiction

1.5K 71 20
If two people are meant to be, they will eventually find their way back some way, somehow. Life have its ways.