The 7 Deadly Sins: The Cursed...

By ravenmoon_

Within the realm of the Celestial Palace, where everyone maintains peace and order down to the world of morta... More

Chapter 1: The Mission
Chapter 2: Pride
Chapter 3: Envy & Wrath
Chapter 4: The Secluded House
Chapter 5: Lust On A Rouge
Chapter 6: Sloth
Chapter 7: The Underworld
Chapter 8: Gluttony and Apologies
Chapter 9: Pretentious Greed
Chapter 10: Finally Complete
Chapter 11: Broken Child
Chapter 12: Hide and Seek
Chapter 13: When Love Turned into Lust
Chapter 14: Double Encounters
Chapter 15: Carrot Cakes and Books
Chapter 17: Swallow Your Pride Part 1
Chapter 18: Swallow Your Pride Part 2
Chapter 19: An Emerging Betrayal
Chapter 20: One Point For The Underworld
Chapter 21: The Slap of Failure
Chapter 22: Fears
Chapter 23: Captivity
Chapter 24: Gearing Up
Chapter 25: Save Yourself
Chapter 26: My Nightmare Came True
Chapter 27: Saved By A Traitor
Chapter 28: Who Came To Visit?
Chapter 29: Bloody Battlefield
Chapter 30: The King's Jackpot
Chapter 31: Checkmate
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: The Eclipse
Chapter 34: The Final Battle pt. 1
Chapter 35: The Final Battle pt. 2
Chapter 36: In Its Time (The Final Chapter)
The Original Ending

Chapter 16: Workaholic or Just Greedy?

460 34 12
By ravenmoon_

"Why are you calling her Elle?" Seoho made a face as he asked Ravn. The other guys thought they just misheard it but they just kept on hearing it.

Ravn gave back the face Seoho made. "Why can't I? Gabrielle's too long."

Leedo shrugged his shoulders. "Then we can call her that too--"

"No!" Ravn instantly protested. "I'm the only one who can call her that. Understand?"

"You don't own that name, Ravn. " Keonhee rolled his eyes and Seoho scoffed. "Says the guy who only called Gabrielle darling and wifey."

"You like her, don't you, Ravn?" Xion smirked as he elbowed him. All of them instantly looked at him like daggers ready to stab.

"I found it!" Gabrielle approached them, carrying a board game in her hands. The guys shut their mouth. They ended their conversation by giving Ravn glares, which in return he glares back at them, especially Xion.

Gabrielle opened the board game. "I really thought my superior wouldn't leave it here in the house." She paused and looked at the guys. "Where's Mingi?"

Hwanwoong shrugged his shoulders and pointed at the ceiling, pertaining for the floor above them. "He said he has work to do." Gabrielle frowned at the answer before nodding. "Okay, I'll just get him after one round of this."

°°°°°

"One day, I'll own a company. I'll get rich and I'll give you all the things you deserve." Middle School Mingi told Yunha, his girlfriend. "Then, I'll marry you and we'll have a family."

Yunha rolled her eyes, but a wide smile was seen on her face. "Cheesy. But are you sure that I'll still be your girl when you finally become rich? What if you find someone prettier than me?"

Mingi hugged Yunha and kissed her forehead. "That won't happen because you'll be the only girl my heart wants. You're the only one my eyes see as beautiful."

"Geez, since when did you become so cheesy and sweet, Mingi?" Yunha pinched his nose which made them laugh afterwards. "Since I found you."

°

'KQ Corporation which is owned by the young CEO Song Mingi, has become the top 1 company of the industry. It gained its title in just less than a year.'

'Song Mingi, CEO of KQ Corporation, has bought RBW. At such a young age, the CEO has yet again gained partnerships, companies, and corporations.'

'KQ Corporation has maintained its spot as the top company of the industry for 2 years. A remarkable achievement for a young company.'

°

News after news and awards after awards came. Mingi's shelves were full of photos and plaques from his achievements.

"Mingi?" Yunha knocked on Mingi's door, her dark brown hair peeking in. Mingi looked up and nodded at her with a smile. "Oh, come in."

Yunha entered his room and walked to sit on the chair in front of his desk. She wore a red cocktail dress and red stilettos with her LV bag. Her dark brown hair was fixed in an updo and she had light make up on.

"You're looking extra pretty today." Mingi smiled as he took one short glance at Yunha before reading his folder once again.

"Well, aren't we going out tonight?" Yunha raised her brow, reminding him of something. Mingi lifted his head and looked at Yunha with confusion. "We're going somewhere? Where? Why?"

Yunha almost frowned at his response but she gave him a smile. "It's our anniversary today. Did you really forget?"

Mingi's jaw drop as he realized that today was indeed their anniversary. "Oh, damn. I'm sorry, Yunha."

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's okay. I totally understand. You were busy." She smiled once again, somehow sadder. "Now that you remember, where are we going tonight?"

Mingi bit his lip when he remembered something. "Yunha, I'm really sorry but I have a business meeting tonight with Yohan."

A frown was finally visible on Yunha's face. She knew where this is going but she just went on. "Can't you cancel it? Our anniversary is just once a year. I think Yohan can wait."

"It can't be waited. It's so hard be in contact with him and today's the chance that I could meet him." Mingi shook his head. "I'm really sorry, but we can probably celebrate it tomorrow, okay?"

Yunha's lips parted. "Tomorrow? But--"

Before she could even protest, Mingi's phone rang. It was as if fate is siding with Mingi.

"For a moment." He told Yunha before picking up the phone. "Yes, hello? Oh, Mr. Yohan! I'm glad you called. You're on your way? Okay, okay, I'll be on my way too."

Mingi dropped the call and stood up. He looked at Yunha. "I have to go now, Yunha. I really need to meet Yohan. I've been waiting for this." He approached Yunha and kissed her forehead. "Let's celebrate this tomorrow, okay? I'll tell my secretary to get you a cab."

Without a response, he left Yunha alone in his cold room. Yunha rest her back on the chair and sighed. She looked at his shelves. "Why did it turn out like this?"

Yunha isn't even supposed to be surprised at this. It's been happening to her even if it's not their anniversary. She's still not his wife, nor his fiancé but she has the right to feel like this, right? They were basically together for six years since middle school. They basically shared their lives with each other.

°

Yunha was sleeping alone on their king sized bed. They were living together since Yunha doesn't have parents anymore and Mingi doesn't like living with his parents.

The bed feels bigger without Mingi but Yunha knew deep down that even when he's here, the bed still feels the same.

Yunha felt the bed dip and knew Mingi has come home, but she didn't open her eyes to acknowledge him. She felt his face nearing hers, approaching for a kiss on her forehead. Yet Yunha turned to her side, avoiding his kiss and turning her back towards him. She opened her eyes, finally unable to see him.

"So did you finally get OUI?" Yunha asked, trying to sound asleep.

Mingi sighed and laid on his bed. "Yes, finally. I'm so happy."

Yunha let out a smug smile even though Mingi cannot see it. "Good for you."

Little did Mingi know, the most important thing in his life was slowly disappearing. Night after night, this is how Yunha sleeps even if it makes her uncomfortable. She started getting busier from working, either trying to distract herself or maybe she found something better to focus on. She doesn't talk to Mingi a lot anymore and she never begged for his time anymore. But she's still there for him.

Even if these things were happening, Mingi was still completely unaware. After all, he's busy working and reaching his goals.

°°°°°

"Oh, yeah! I won! I won! I won, I won, I won!" Keonhee made a victory dance as he stood up with his arms waving around. He laughed evilly at the rest of the players below him. "Come on, show me your foreheads, you peasants!"

Everyone glared at Keonhee but they complied. They moved their bangs away, exposing their forehead. Keonhee was so excited to flick their foreheads since that was their deal. The winner flicks the losers' foreheads.

Keonhee started from Seoho who closed his eyes tightly from the impact. Leedo followed, then Ravn, Xion, and Hwanwoong. When he reached Gabrielle who was already closing her eyes while her hands held her now long bangs, he smiled. "Of course you get a special treatment, Darling."

The flick on Gabrielle's forehead was not even painful for a bit. It made the guys furious.

Leedo went on his knees with his arms on his hips. "Hey, that's unfair, Keonhee!"

Keonhee gave Leedo a face. "Why, do you want me to hit her hard like yours? If you want to, then you do it. I'm not hitting my wifey." Ravn inwardly scoffed at the nickname again.

Gabrielle rolled her eyes. "Keonhee, that's okay. You won't hurt me, I promise. Please take me seriously, I'm not a kid."

Keonhee hesitantly approached Gabrielle but Ravn stopped him. "Hey, aren't you calling Mingi? Just call him instead so we can start the second round. I can't wait to win so that I could flick Keonhee's forehead too."

Keonhee glared at Ravn but Gabrielle laughed. She stood up. "Okay, okay. I'll go get him. This game was fun."

Gabrielle made her way upstairs and knocked on Mingi's door. She opened the door and peeked inside, her blonde hair swaying down.

Mingi looked at the door. "Yunha--Oh, it's you, Gabrielle." He closed his folders. "I thought you were Yunha for a moment."

"Your girlfriend?" Gabrielle asked as she sat down in front of his desk. Mingi nodded with a sad smile. "Yeah, my girlfriend."

"Do you miss her?" Gabrielle asked again, trying to open a conversation. She thinks this is the right time to talk to him.

Mingi sighed and rested his back on his swiveling chair. "Yeah, I do. But she's been busy. I couldn't reach her."

"Have you ever thought about why she's busy and why you couldn't reach her?"

Mingi looked clueless. "I don't."

Gabrielle sighed. "It's not just because I know your background and your life, but as a lady like Yunha, I honestly understand her. Even if I never experienced what she went through, I still understand her."

"She's going through something?" Mingi asked in worry. "Why isn't she telling me something?"

"Why do you think so?"

Mingi looked so confused. "I really don't know. I don't know anything."

"Of course, you wouldn't know, Mingi. You're too busy and preoccupied with your work and your goals." Gabrielle looked at Mingi sadly. "You were busy chasing your dreams until you forgot the reason why you were chasing it. Yunha was the reason why you wanted to be who you are today."

"I don't understand." Mingi shook his head. "I've been doing this for Yunha all along."

"Are you sure? Are you sure you're still doing this for Yunha? Or are you doing this for yourself?" She asked him and he fell silent. "Let me tell you something, Mingi."

"Being able to find someone who loves you when you were all still at the bottom is something only a few could find. Even more, when that person still loves you the same after you reached your dreams is a very big bonus to it. She loved you with your ups and downs."

"She was thankful that she was the reason of you achieving your dreams. That she was your inspiration. All those days, she supported you all from the bottom and when you reached the top, she's still the same girl. She didn't even take advantage of what you had. She was thankful that you gave her a beautiful life but then you never knew what she wanted to most."

"She just wants you. She just wants to have a simple dinner with you. A day with you alone. She wants to feel the love you gave her back then. She'd give everything to just go back in time. When you were both dreaming and loving each other so much."

Mingi stared at his table, tears blurring his vision. Everything felt like a slap of reality to him.

"Mingi, you were slowly losing Yunha."

His tears dropped when the final bomb has exploded. Everything hit him so hard that he couldn't breathe.

He finally knew the reason why Yunha doesn't sleep facing him. He finally knew why she rarely talks to him. Yunha has become like a ghost. She's still there even though he couldn't see her.

Gabrielle bit her lip and stood up. She finally said it. "I truly hope it'll sink into you Mingi. You weren't even playing with us downstairs. It's sounds childish but it felt like you're doing the same thing you did with Yunha. I brought you here to help you, not only for myself and the palace. So atleast, if it's not for us, help yourself for Yunha."

Gabrielle left Mingi who still hasn't gotten over what she told him. He looked at the folders on his desk and his laptop.

"What am I even doing?"

When Gabrielle made it back to the living room, the boys noticed her looking glum. They didn't see Mingi follow behind her.

"Are you okay? Where's Mingi?" Ravn asked with worry.

"He said he'll pass." She said. "Let's start the second round."

The boys nodded and started rearranging the board and its pieces. "Alright, I'll roll the dice first since I won!" Keonhee said.

When Keonhee rolled the dice they heard footsteps approaching them.

"Why are you starting without me?" Mingi asked, making up a look of hurt. Everyone looked surprised.

"Oh? Gabrielle said you'll pass." Hwanwoong asked in wonder, looking at Gabrielle who was also surprised.

Mingi smiled and sat down. "Nah, I changed my mind. I realized I wanted to play with you guys."

Xion smiled and clapped his hands. "Oh, yeah! We're finally complete!"

They began the game once again. Gabrielle glanced at Mingi who was laughing with the boys. Her lips spread into a smile, happy that her words seemed to sink into Mingi's head and heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 372 26
He is her bodyguard, aloof and unbothered. She is a spoiled Vice CEO, who hates her family and her Father's company. Deep down she's alone and want...
21.8K 920 24
I don't know how to make a description for this without spoiling the best part so just know.. There will be fluff, there will be angst, there will be...
7.1K 531 24
"LIVED AND DEVIL" Everything began from Helios' jealousy towards the monarchs. Six monarchs are conflicted on whether to take the blood of the prophe...
154K 5.9K 54
This book will be filled with many ONEUS imagines! Some created by me and some requests from you! REQUEST BOX : OPENED 「 」 REQUEST BOX: CLOSED 「✓...