Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

95

410 13 1
By marvelgeek1507

Abi's P.O.V.

"Hey, wake up." Someone said as they shook me.

"I'm up." I said as I sat bolt upright, rubbing my eyes and stretching.

"What are you doing on my couch?" The person asked, and when my eyes focused I realised it was Tony.

"It's a long story." I mumbled.

"I've got time." He said, sitting beside me.

I explained to him what happened last night with Clint, how he changed so quickly and our small argument that we had, and by the end of it he had a knowing look on his face.

"He probably saw this." He said, tapping on his phone before turning it towards me.

"What the hell?" I breathed.

There was a headline saying 'How long before Hawkeye's young wife trades him in?' and below it was a picture of the two of us yesterday on our way to the store.

"I swear these reporters have caused so much shit for me." I said, running a hand down my face.

"It's how they make their money." Tony said.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6am, I couldn't sleep so I came down here to do some work." He said.

"Thanks Tony." I said.

I quickly got up from the couch and made my way up in the elevator, when I got off I rushed down to mine and Clint's room, just as I was about to open the door it opened for me. Clint stood before me, dark circles under his eyes and his hair sticking up all over the place, he looked a bit surprised to see me and he stumbled a little when I threw myself into his arms.

"I saw the article." I mumbled against his chest and he tightened his grip on me.

He walked us back to the bed, he sat on the edge and I climbed onto his lap, my arms wrapped around his shoulders and my head buried into his neck.

"It's not true, at all, Clint I love you and only you, there's nobody else for me and there never will be no matter what those stupid reporters say." I said.

"I just... I know we've had this conversation before but every time I look at you I see the love of my life and that terrifies me because I know that at any second you could change your mind and just leave me. I'm not stupid Abi, I know I'm not getting any younger and I know I'm a lot older than you, and I know that there are so many guys you're own age who would be lucky to have you. I'm scared I'm going to lose you Abi, whether it's tomorrow or ten years from now, I'm terrified because nothing good ever lasts for me, no matter how badly I want it to." He said sadly.

"Well this is the good thing that's going to last Clint, that I promise you because I'm not going anywhere, not now and not in ten years because I've never been happier than when I'm by your side." I said, cupping his face in my hands.

"I love you, so much, and I'm sorry for reacting the way I did and believing the bullshit they wrote over you." He said.

"It's okay." I said with a smile before pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Did you know... it's only 16 days until Christmas!" He said excitedly.

"I'm married to a child." I said with a grin, making him laugh.

"You wouldn't have me any other way." He said, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"You got that right." I said.

"I think it's time we head back to the farm for a week." He said.

"I think that sounds like a perfect idea." I said with a smile.

"It'll be good for us to get away for a while and to get the twins used to being there, because it won't be long until we're living there permanently." He said softly.

"But I thought you said-" I started but he cut me off.

"I know, but I'll be retiring from SHIELD soon, there's only so many aliens a guy can deal with, and I want to spend more time with you guys. I'm away all the time on missions or running errands for Fury and I've add enough of it, I love my job don't get me wrong but I love my family more and I want to see the twins grow up." He said.

"Have you spoken to the others about it?" I asked.

"Not yet, I'm going to later but now we need to pack, we'll head off after lunch so it's gives me time to tell them all and then disappear before they kill me." He joked.

"They aren't going to be happy you know." I told him.

"I know, but I need to be here for my family, and one wrong move when I'm on a mission could take a turn for the worse, I don't want to risk that." He said softly.

"I don't want you giving up on the people that you love and a job you enjoy for me though." I said.

"I'm only giving up going on missions, I'll still see the team and I'm giving it up for our family, for our future and I'd give up anything for you guys." He said with a small smile.

"I love you so damn much." I said with a grin.

"I love you too." He said.

We spent the morning packing after we'd eaten breakfast with the twins and when it got to around 12pm, Tony ordered pizza for everyone for lunch. We all sat around the table, eating, chatting and laughing as the twins got more pizza on their faces and in their hair than they managed to get in their mouth.

"Guys there's uh... there's something I need to talk to you all about." Clint said as everyone finished eating.

"I'm going to take the twins to the store, I need to grab a few things." I said, taking the twins to their nursery.

I quickly cleaned the twins up before putting their coats on and heading to the elevator with the their folded up double pram. I unfolded it when we got to the lobby and strapped them in before heading to the mall, the twins could do with some new clothes and I fancied a shopping trip.

Clint's P.O.V.

I waited until Abi was in the elevator with the twins before I started talking again, I knew the others weren't exactly going to be happy and I didn't want the twins hearing Tony yelling.

"Let's go to the couch, I'm sure we'll all be more comfortable over there." I said.

"Clint what the hell is going on?" Nat asked as we walked over.

"I'm going to explain." I said with a sigh.

"This has been something I've been going back and forth over for a while now, and I've finally come to a decision but I feel like it's one you guys probably aren't going to like. You guys all know that Abi and the twins are my everything, and working for SHIELD has taken time away that I should've been spending with them, I'm missing seeing my children grow up because I'm going on missions." I started.

"Tell me this isn't going where I think it is." Nat said, her eyes wide.

"I've decided I'm going to have to step down and leave SHIELD, it's just too dangerous and I don't want to risk missing my children grow because of a stupid decision on a mission. I'm going to stay for another year, until next Christmas but after that, I'm going to call it quits with SHIELD and Fury already knows this. You guys mean the world to me, alongside my wife and children, and I hope you understand why I'm doing this, I don't particularly want to but it's something I have to do. You've all done so much for me in the time we've been together and I hope this doesn't drive us apart because you all mean so much to me." I said.

"Clint we are all going to be here for you no matter what and if this is your decision then we're going to support you, aren't we?" Nat said and the others all mumbled their agreements.

"Thanks guys, I just... I need to do this for myself and my kids, I don't want to miss out on seeing them growing up, and I'm taking Abi and the twins to the farm for a week, we'll be back on the 16th so it's up to you guys this year to decorate." I said with a grin, knowing they'd all have something to say.

They all freaked out and I couldn't help but laugh as they all talked excitedly, planning it all out between themselves and assigning roles.

"It had better look good though." I warned.

"Oh it will." Tony said.

Abi and the twins returned a little while later with more bags than I'd expected, I just chuckled and shook my head as she tried to justify it. We loaded everything into my truck and strapped the twins into their car seats before we set off for the farm, I couldn't wait to get there; this break from the city was desperately needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 2.2K 15
Gemini Sparks was your average fun-loving, out-going, bubbly, and cheerful gal. Except, she's anything but normal. For one thing, she's a long-term a...
7.3K 71 74
For the past 12 years, since you were 13, you've spent it as a HYDRA Agent, until one day someone from your past comes to rescue you, and it's none o...
154K 4.5K 30
(Takes place after AoU) She has never really been close to anyone. She has lived her life, just doing what she has been told. After Sokovia, agent [Y...
7.9K 196 25
WARNING: This story contains a relationship between three people! Clint and Laura Barton had decided to stay to themselves after the fight between Ca...