Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

74

573 19 1
By marvelgeek1507

Clint's P.O.V.

"Get away from me." Abi said, suddenly stepping away from me.

I let out a sigh and my arms fell to my sides, I thought we might be getting somewhere but obviously not. I ran a hand through my hair and then down my face, trying to figure out what to do now, she wasn't going to make it easy for me and I couldn't blame her.

"I can't believe you accused me of cheating on you with Steve." She said angrily.

"You accused me of flirting with Nat! There's nothing going on there and there never will be, she's my best friend and she's like a sister to me, it would be weird to date her. It feels weird standing here talking about dating her, I can't even imagine what it would be like if I actually dated her. You are the one I want, not her or anyone else." I said.

"I'm too tired for this, I'm going to bed." She said with a sigh before heading towards the bedroom.

I grabbed her hand and stopped her before she could walk away, spinning her round so she was facing me but leaving a foot or two between us so she couldn't yell at me to get way from her again.

"No, you can't just walk away in the middle of us trying to resolve this! I know you, if you try and go to bed now you won't get to sleep for hours." I said quickly.

"Clint I'm exhausted, I pushed to babies out earlier and I just need to go to bed." She said and I could hear in her voice how tired she was.

"Promise me we will finish this tomorrow." I pleaded.

"Yeah we will, I promise, but right now I just need to sleep." She said.

I nodded and followed her through to the bedroom, I was tired too from all of the stress of today but when Abi walked into the bedroom, she groaned. I walked in after her and saw why; we had a double bed to share instead of a bed each.

"I'll go down to reception and get it ch-" I started but she cut me off.

"No it's fine, that's too much hassle and I really can't be bothered to be moving around, I just want to go to bed." She said and yawned.

"Well I'll take the couch then." I said and turned to walk out.

"No, I'm not letting you sleep on that couch, it was uncomfortable to just sit on let alone trying to sleep on it. We might not be on the best terms but we're engaged Clint, I'm sure I'll survive sleeping next to me." She said with a tired smile.

Her words filled me with hope, I wasn't sure before if she still wanted to be with me but now I was almost sure that she did still want to be with me. Almost. She just climbed into bed in what she was wearing but I took off my jeans, leaving on my t-shirt and boxers, before climbing into bed next to her, I didn't like sleeping in t-shirts but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"How come you're sleeping in a t-shirt? I thought you said it wasn't comfortable for you?" She said tiredly.

"If you wanted me to take my top off, you could've just asked." I said with a grin, making her chuckle lightly.

"If you want to take it off you can, I don't mind." She said almost shyly.

I slipped my t-shirt off over my head before laying back down, leaving space between us because I didn't know if Abi would appreciate me cuddling her. My heart swelled in my chest when she rolled over and rested her head on my chest before tangling her legs with mine, I let out a content sigh as I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, maybe this won't all be as bad as I thought it would be.

Abi's P.O.V.
I woke up to the smell of pancakes drifting into the room and the bed beside me was empty so I put two and two together, climbed out of bed and went to find Clint. I had to hold in a laugh when I found him in the kitchen, he was dancing the whole routine and singing along to 'Single Ladies' by Beyoncé, it was definitely a sight I wouldn't be forgetting anytime soon. It wasn't easy, but I managed to tear my eyes away from him and I glanced over at the table to see a mountain of breakfast foods covering it.

"What's all this?" I asked, making him jump and spin round to face me, his face instantly flushed red and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I... uh... I have a lot of making up to do and this is the start of all of it, and the way to your heart is through your stomach so I thought what better way to kick off my apology than to cook you breakfast. Besides, I'm ;pretty sure all you've eaten in the last 24 hours is whatever you had for breakfast yesterday morning and that chocolate bar I gave you so you must be starving after using all that energy to bring our babies into the world." He said with a small smile, making my heart flutter.

"You know me too well, food is the best way to apologise to me, and you got that first bit right; you do have a lot of making up to do before I will even consider forgiving you. Just because I let you sleep in the same bed as me last night doesn't mean I've forgiven you, I was just too tired to deal with the hassle of changing rooms." I told him.

"I know, and I don't expect you to forgive me any time soon, but I hope you know I'm going to do everything I can to get you to forgive me and regain your trust. I know it's not going to be easy or a quick overnight fix but I will stick it out and I will do whatever it takes." He promised.

"I know you will, but enough about that, let's eat." I said and, as if on cue, my stomach rumbled.

He pulled out my chair for me and I sat down, piling my plate high with a multitude of different foods as Clint took a seat opposite me and smiled as he watched me. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while as we ate our foods, and they tasted heavenly; he had made pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, sausages, omelettes, and so much more, I don't know how he expected the two of us to finish it all. After a while, we had both stuffed ourselves full with food and just as I was about to ask him what we were going to do with the leftovers, the hotel room door swung open and the team walked in.

"We thought the two of you might need some fresh clothes so we bought you some." Nat said throwing a bag in our direction as they all gathered around the table.

"Dig in guys, we've eaten our share." Clint said with a chuckle and I shook my head as they all ravaged the food like wild animals.

"I guess we should go get ready." I said to him.

"Yeah, come on." He said and I followed him to the bedroom.

"So how is this going to work?" I asked.

"You go and shower now, I'll go through the bag and separate out our clothes, then you can come in here and get changed whilst I shower?" He suggested.

"Sure." I said and quickly made my way into the bathroom.

Once I locked the door, I wasted no time in stripping out of my clothes and quickly climbed into the shower, not wanting to make Clint or the others wait for too long. When I was finished, I wrapped a towel around myself and carried my bundle of dirty laundry back out into the bedroom with me, where I found Clint waiting patiently.

"Your clothes are there at the end of the bed, just put your dirty clothes back in the bag and we can take them back to the farm later." Clint told me.

I nodded and as soon as he shut the bathroom door, I quickly dried myself off and got dressed so that he wouldn't walk out whilst I was naked, obviously he has seen me naked before but I had put on a lot of weight whilst pregnant that needed shifting before I would let anyone see me naked. I joined the others in the main part of our hotel room, they had eaten all of the leftovers from the breakfast Clint had made for us, and we waited for Clint to join us before we headed over to the hospital.

"Come on birdbrain!" Tony yelled.

"I'm just getting dressed." Clint called back.

A few minutes later, Clint came out just slipping his shirt on over his head and I got a glimpse of his body, he may be a complete asshole but he was definitely a smoking hot asshole. We all piled into the two vehicles and drove round the corner to the hospital, this time we parked in actual parking spaces so Tony wouldn't get into an argument with any of the security guards. I made my way round to the NICU with the rest of the team following behind me and Clint by my side, just as we came to the twins' room the doctor and nurse from yesterday stepped out.

"Ah Miss Gilbert, Mr Barton, I've just done a few checks and the twins are fine, they've just been fed so you can go in and see them if you'd like. But like yesterday, your friends will have to wait a little and only come in in pairs." The doctor said.

"That's great, thank you doctor." Clint said with a smile.

"They're okay." I breathed repeatedly as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Yeah they are, they're little fighters like their mom." Clint said as he hugged me, letting me cry into his chest a little.

"Like both of us." I corrected him with a watery smile.

"I love you." Clint whispered as he leant down, his lips brushing against my ear and sending a shiver down my spine.

"I..." I started but I struggled to finish the sentence as images of him and that girl popped into my head, making me even more upset.

"It's okay, I know." He whispered as he rubbed my back.

We stood there in silence for a while and none of the team said anything, knowing that we just needed a minute to ourselves, but when I finally calmed down Clint and I washed our hands before going in to see the twins. Steve and Chloe came in a few minutes after us and the four of us stood talking to the twins for a while so that they could become familiar with our voices, but I couldn't help it as my eyes wandered to Clint a few times and I felt like an idiot but every time our eyes met I felt my cheeks heat up. I wanted to hate him and be so mad at him but I just couldn't, but not hating him and forgiving him are two very different things, I may not hate him but he still has a long way to go before I will forgive or trust him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

591 28 20
Arrow had made some stupid decisions in her life but none that had worse consequences than having to come face to face with the man she left without...
9.8K 160 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
226K 9.8K 26
Clint Barton doesn't go on dates. He makes arrangements. Everything is clearly stipulated from the beginning so there are no surprises, no messy emot...
155K 4.6K 30
(Takes place after AoU) She has never really been close to anyone. She has lived her life, just doing what she has been told. After Sokovia, agent [Y...