Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

66

563 19 0
By marvelgeek1507

Clint's P.O.V.

"Abi, what's going on?" I asked, my voice harsh in a hope she might talk to me.

Seeing her puffy, red, blood shot eyes broke my heart, I wanted to know what was wrong so that I could fix it and get her smiling again.

"Am I fat?" She asked, her voice barely audible.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Am I fat?" She asked again, her voice the tiniest bit louder.

"I heard you the first time, I just couldn't believe you actually asked that. Of course you aren't fat, you're beautiful and you're carrying our babies, your stomach has gotten a little bigger but that's only to accommodate for the little ones growing inside of you. But do not mistake that for being fat because there is not an ounce of fat on your beautiful body." I reassured her.

I grinned as I saw a small smile tug at the edge of her lips but the smile quickly turned into a frown and she looked up at me again.

"If I'm not fat why did you groan when I sat on you earlier?" She asked.

"You uh... you sort of sat on the wrong spot and crushed something." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"And why have you stopped being so affectionate?" She asked.

"You keep pushing me away Abi! Almost every time I go to hug or kiss you, you either push me away or turn your face so I get your cheek." I said quickly.

"Sorry, hormones." She mumbled.

"Hey, it's okay, but I want you to know I don't care what you look like or whether or not you're fat, which you're not by the way, because I love you and that's all that matters." I said as I quickly kissed her, lifting her so that she was on my lap.

"I'm sorry for being like this, it's just my hormones are all over the place and I over think things and I-" She began to ramble but I cut her off.

I pressed my lips against her soft ones and instantly felt her relax against me as she smiled into the kiss.

"I love you so damn much Abi, but our food is getting cold so can we maybe go eat?" I asked.

"Do you ever think about anything other than your stomach?" She asked, laughing a little.

"Only you and the babies." I said, earning another laugh.

She shook her head at me before slipping her hand into mine, I intertwined our fingers and lead her downstairs to where the others were waiting for us. Well they said they would wait, but by the time we took our seats they had all almost finished their food.

"Sorry Barton, it just smelled too good to wait." Tony said with a shrug, shovelling another fork full of food into his mouth.

The rest of the evening flew by and before we knew it, it was 10pm and everyone retired to their rooms due to Tony claiming 'Santa won't come unless we were all asleep'. The man confused me sometimes, he could at like such a child but then a minute later be one of the most mature in the room, but that didn't happen very often.

"Tony you do realise that all of our presents are already set out under the tree? You can't even try and claim Santa is real." Abi said, shaking her head as we walked up the stairs.

He began to fake cry as he buried his head into Pepper's chest, she gave us an apologetic smile, which we returned before heading into our room. I slipped into a pair of pyjama bottoms, opting for no t-shirt, whilst Abi put on one of my t-shirts and we climbed into bed, a content sigh escaping her lips as she laid her head on my chest. I looked down at her and watched as she tried to fight the sleep that was engulfing her, and soon her soft snores filled the room.

"I love you, I always will, never forget that." I whispered before sleep took over me.

Abi's P.O.V.

I rolled over, expecting to find Clint laid next to me but I frowned and opened my eyes as I sat up, realising the spot beside me was empty. I was about to call for him when I heard excited chatter coming from downstairs, I quickly slipped on a pair of sweat pants before making my way down to find out what was going on.

"Abi!" Chloe squealed as she jumped up from her spot on the couch and ran over to hug me.

"Hey Chlo." I said with a smile, wrapping my arms around her.

"Look at you! I can't believe you actually agreed to wait to find out the genders of these little ones, my parents were so excited when they heard about the two new additions to the family, they can't wait to see you later!" She said happily.

"Later?" I asked.

"My aunt and uncle are coming round for Christmas dinner with us later remember? We spoke about it a few days ago? It's why we had to bring in the old table from the barn." Clint said softly.

"Baby brain, sorry." I said sheepishly.

"Merry Christmas love." He whispered as he pulled me into a hug.

"Oh yeah! Merry Christmas guys!" I said, making everyone chuckle.

Squished onto one couch was Chloe, Steve and I whilst on the other couch was Tony, Pepper, Nat and Bruce, Clint sat on the floor between my legs as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Tony do you want to do the honours of handing out gifts?" I asked.

"Really?" He asked excitedly.

"Well we might be in a different place this year but we don't want to break our traditions do we?" I asked with a smile.

Tony jumped up from his seat on the couch and dropped down beside the tree before he started handing out gifts. He took his time so that we all watched as one person opened their gifts and as we got to the end I ran upstairs to grab one last gift before quickly making my way back downstairs.

"Chloe this last one is for you." I said as I handed her the small box.

I sat back in my spot and Clint and I watched her with big grins on our faces, he knew exactly what it was and I couldn't wait for her to open it.

"Oh my god." She breathed.

Her eyes welled up with tears as she pulled me into a hug, a few tears slipped down her face but I knew they were happy tears.

"I'd love to be your bridesmaid." She said happily as she slipped on the bracelet.

I had brought her a simple silver charm bracelet and inside the box was a note that said 'I can't say "I do" without you, will you be my bridesmaid?'

"Great! Pepper is my maid of honour and my bridesmaids are you, Nat and Jane, a friend of ours, we haven't really decided or planned anything yet. All that we know really is that it's going to be in July, but we will probably do the bridesmaid dress fittings soon, I obviously can't be fitted for my dress until these two little rascals make their appearance." I said as I placed my hands on my stomach.

"Tell me when and where and I'll be there." Chloe said.

"Well it'll probably be in Manhattan so we can send Tony's private jet to come pick you up." I said with a grin.

I saw Tony was about to protest when Pepper gave him a swift elbow to the ribs which shut him up pretty quickly. The others spent the rest of the day chatting and getting to know Chloe whilst Clint and I prepared the Christmas dinner, at around 5pm there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" I called.

I walked to the door and swung it open, seeing the two best friends of my parents and grandparents' stood before me.

"Abi, look how much you've grown up!" Chloe's mother said as she embraced me in a hug.

"It's good to see you again Abi, I haven't seen you since you were this big!" Her father said, putting his hand by his waist to show my height last time we saw each other before pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Aunt Martha." Clint said happily as the two of them shared a hug.

"Oh Clint you really should come around more often, we miss you so much you know." Martha said sadly.

"I know, but I have my beautiful fiancé to worry about too now, although something tells me we might be spending a little more time here than before." He said as he glanced at my stomach.

"Make sure you look after her Clint, you've got a good one there, don't let her go." Robert said as he shook Clint's hand.

"Trust me, I don't plan on ever letting her go, I love her too much." He said as he pulled me close to him and pressed a kiss against my temple.

At least Clint's family approved, it wasn't his actual parents but from what Clint has said, Martha and Robert were the closest thing to parents he had after his parents passed. Christmas dinner went smoothly and I spent most of it chatting to Chloe's parents, catching up on everything I had missed. They asked about my parents but I quickly swerved that question because Chloe and the two of them still didn't know about my powers and for now I wanted to keep it that way. Out here they don't hear much about what goes on in the rest of the world, there's no time for TV when you own a farm. The six days passed all too quickly and before we knew it we were back home in Manhattan, preparing for a party to celebrate New Years Eve tonight.

"Abi can you pass me those streamers?" Bruce asked from the top of the ladder.

I handed the colourful bundle of streamers up to him as I glanced around the room, the others were all blowing up balloons or putting up decorations but Tony was nowhere in sight. It wasn't really a surprise though, he organised the parties but left the preparation and clean up afterwards to everyone else.

"There, all finished!" Bruce said as we all gathered in the middle of the room, admiring our work.

"Great job everyone!" Tony said as he magically reappeared when all the work was done.

"Yeah thanks for all your help Tony." I said with a frown.

"Hey, I paid for all of this and all of the alcohol everyone is going to be drinking later so I can get away with not helping." He said with a shrug.

"Uh I'm not going to be drinking." I said quickly.

"Yeah but I paid for your dress." He said matter of fact-ly.

"Dress? What dress?" I asked.

Clint quickly grabbed Tony's arm and dragged him out of the room before he could answer my question. I looked around at the others for an answer but they all looked just as confused as I was apart from Nat, she had a smirk on her face and I wanted to know what she knew.

"What was that about?" I asked Nat.

"You'll have to wait and see, and trust me it'll be worth the wait." She said with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I don't want to wait, I want to know now! You know I hate surprises." I groaned.

"And that's why I'm loving this." She said as she sauntered off.

"Bitch!" I called after her.

A few minutes later Clint returned with Tony, who gave me a small smile before disappearing off, and Clint made his way over to me.

"Hey beautiful." He said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Hey." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"You ready for tonight?" He asked with a smile.

"Well, I thought I wasn't, but I just found out Tony got me a dress so I guess I'm all set." I said.

"Well technically I picked out the dress, Tony only paid for it like he did for Pepper and Nat." He said.

"It better be a good one." I said playfully.

"Trust me, you're going to love it." He said with a grin before quickly pecking my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 1.9K 17
Julianne Barton is an agent for shield. The only problem, is that she's very independent, but what happens when she has to work with the Avengers to...
3.2K 54 15
You were recruited by the Avengers and joined them shortly after their conception. You immediately develop an attraction to a certain dark haired arc...
6.6K 218 8
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥❞ °°°Hawkeye Series AU Things seemed normal between Kate and her best friend Rowan, even though...
7.2K 71 74
For the past 12 years, since you were 13, you've spent it as a HYDRA Agent, until one day someone from your past comes to rescue you, and it's none o...