Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

58

670 18 1
By marvelgeek1507

Abi's P.O.V.

"You're pregnant." He breathed as he stood up, wrapping me in a tight hug.

"Eight weeks." I said.

I looked over Clint's shoulder and the others all had a smile on their face, but Natasha looked a little worried.

"I can't belive it." Clint whispered.

"Neither can I." I said with a small smile.

I cupped his face in my hands and pressed a soft kiss on his lips, when we parted he rested his forehead on mine as a smiled tugged at the edge of his lips.

"It's going to be different this time, I promise." He said quietly.

"I know." I said as he ran his thumb across my cheek.

"Well I don't know about you two but we are all going to bed." Tony said, interrupting us and making me jump a little.

I buried my head into Clint's chest to hide the blush that had risen to my cheeks and when I looked around a few minutes later, the room was totally empty other than the two of us. He dipped his head to kiss me again but we were interrupted by his phone ringing and when he took it out, he let out a groan.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Fury." He said with a sigh before answering the phone.

I hoped it wasn't another mission, I don't think I could deal with the stress of him being away on a mission again.

"Fury... yeah I'm with everyone... the helicarrier?... fine, we will be right there." Clint said before putting his phone back in his pocket.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Fury wants us all to meet at the helicarrier, and he asked for you too." Clint said with a frown.

"What the hell does he want me there for?" I asked, confused.

"We won't know until we get there, we need to go and wake the others." He said.

"I swear that man always calls at the wrong times, I was looking forward to spending tonight with you." I groaned.

"Me too beautiful, me too, now you go get Steve and Bruce, I'll get Tony, Nat and Thor." Clint said before heading to the elevator.

"Bruce!" I called as I pounded on his door.

It soon opened to reveal a very tired looking Bruce, he frowned when he saw me and I gave him an apologetic look.

"Fury called, he wants us at the helicarrier asap so get ready." I said, earning a groan from him.

I walked down to Steve's door and lifted my hand to knock but just as I was about to, the door swung open and Steve stood there with a duffel bag slung casually over his shoulder.

"I heard what you said to Bruce." He said as he stepped out.

"Right, okay, well we are flying there on the quinjet so if you're ready to go then head up. I need to pack a bag, I don't have a pre-prepared one like you guys." I said before disappearing into my room.

I grabbed a duffel bag from under my bed and filled it with as much stuff as I could fit, I wasn't too sure how long we were going to be gone and I wanted to be prepared. Once I had packed it, I made my way up in the elevator and climbed into the quinjet to find the others all waiting for me.

"Take your time, it's not like Fury wanted us there as soon as possible." Tony said tiredly.

"Well sorry I don't have a bag packed and ready so I can leave at the drop of a hat, I'm not like you guys." I frowned as I took a seat next to Clint.

Tony mumbled something under his breath but I didn't care to ask what he had said, I hadn't slept yet and it was really starting to catch up with me,

"You not flying this death trap?" I asked, earning a tired chuckle from Clint.

"No, Nat got to the pilot's seat first." He said as he laid down, resting his head on my lap.

"Comfortable?" I asked with a grin.

"Mhmm." He said with a nod.

"Well at least one of us is." I said quietly.

"I can move if this isn't comfortable for you." Clint said quickly, about to get up.

"No, you're fine, I'm just not a huge fan of flying." I said as I ran one of my hands through his hair.

He let out a content sigh and closed his eyes as I stroked his hair, more to try and comfort myself than anything else but he seemed to enjoy it. When I felt the jet take off my hands fell to my side and I gripped the edge of the seats tightly, my knuckles turning white as my heart raced. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut until I felt the jet stop rising and when I opened my eyes I found Clint's bright blue eyes staring back at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, brushing his thumb against my cheek.

"I-I'm fine." I said shakily.

He gave me a reassuring smile as he took one of my hands in his, intertwining our fingers as he moved his head around on my lap in an attempt to get comfortable. I watched as his eyes slowly started to shut and his grip on my hand slowly loosened, but he didn't let go, as he drifted to sleep, I had no clue how he could sleep when we were on this flying death trap.

"He loves you so much you know." Someone said.

I tore my eyes away from Clint and looked up to see Natasha stood there, I had to do a double take before looking over at the pilot's seat to find it was empty.

"Who the hell is flying this thing?" I hissed, trying not to wake Clint but also trying not to show my fear.

"It's on autopilot, it knows exactly where we are going, these jets don't really even need a pilot. I just like annoying Clint and getting into the pilot's seat before him." She said with a grin.

I shook my head as I looked down at Clint, he looked so peaceful and innocent whilst he slept, it was adorable.

"He absolutely adores you." She said as she took a seat next to him.

"And I adore him." I said as I ran my free hand through his hair.

"Please be careful." She started as she glanced down at my stomach.

I had an idea of where this was going but I didn't want to interrupt her.

"He was so excited last time but when you lost Roman it completely ruined him, I don't think he could handle losing another." She said sadly.

"I don't think I could either." I said, my voice barely above a whisper as I bit my lip to stop myself from crying.

"You've both been through so much, I just hope this all works out for you." She said before getting up and walking away.

After what felt like forever we finally landed on the helicarrier, whatever that was, and I shook Clint awake.

"Hey, we've just landed on the helicarrier." I said as I shook his shoulders gently.

We all made our way off the quinjet and I frowned when I realised we were on some huge contraption in the middle of the ocean somewhere. I grabbed Clint's hand and dragged him towards the edge when I saw dolphins jump out of the water.

"Clint look, dolphins!" I said excitedly.

He chuckled at me as he shook his head but he happily let me pull him over to get a closer look.

"I'd stay back away from the edge if I were you Miss Gilbert." Someone said from behind me.

I was about to ask why when the whole deck started to shake, I looked over the edge to see we were lifting out of the water and rising up.

"Not again." I groaned as I clung to Clint and buried my head in his chest.

"Not a fan of flying?" The same voice from earlier asked.

"No." I snapped and I felt Clint suck in a sharp breath.

I looked over to where the voice had come from to see a tall man in a long trench coat stood there wearing an eye patch. Fury. I glanced around at the others and they all had wide eyes, on my first meeting with Fury I had snapped at him, great.

"Uh... sorry sir, I just don't like flying and it makes me a little irritable." I said, my eyes trained on my feet.

"Let's go inside, there's no time to waste." He said, completely disregarding my apology.

"You've made a great first impression." Clint whispered as we followed Fury inside.

I slapped him on the arm and glared at him but he didn't care, he just chuckled and pressed a kiss on my temple. We all walked into a big meeting room; it had along table surrounded by multiple chairs. More people, some I did recognise and others I didn't, filed in and everyone took a seat, I followed suit taking a seat next to Clint as Fury stood at the head of the table.

"Why are we here exactly?" Tony asked as he put his feet up on the table.

"Something catastrophic is happening and we need you all." Fury started.

He assigned jobs to everyone in the room before finally assigning my group's mission.

"... And Rogers, Romanoff, Wilson, Maximoff and Gilbert, you will be going to Lagos. We have intel that Rumlow is going to be hitting a police station there within the next 24 hours, he's been robbing banks and has been named a 'terrorist' in the papers after buying a number of different weapons. He needs to be stopped by any means necessary." Fury instructed.

I looked around and found Steve, Natasha and Sam huddled in the corner with another girl who I didn't recognise, she must be Maximoff. I made my way over and they all turned to look at me, I felt a bit awkward with all eyes on me but the girl I didn't know quickly stuck her hand out to me.

"I'm Wanda." She said.

"Abi." I said as I shook her hand.

"What are you all waiting for, there's no time to lose, move!" Fury's voice boomed and everyone scurried out.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Clint asked for the millionth time as we walked towards the quinjets.

"Clint I will be fine, I wouldn't be going if I didn't think I could handle it and I have a great team with me." I said as I glanced over my shoulder at the other four.

"Well we should get going, make sure you call me to let me know you are alright." Clint said before giving me a quick kiss.

"I'll call you later, I love you!" I called as I followed the others onto one of the quinjets.

After an eternity on the quinjet, we finally landed in Lagos and Steve instantly took charge.

"Sam, I need you as eyes in the sky, Wanda you are with Nat and Abi you're with me. We need to split up and find this guy, we all know what he looks like and where the station is so let's split up." Steve said.

I saw Sam head for one of the high rise buildings, probably to get access to the roof, Nat and Wanda disappeared into a coffee shop opposite the station and Steve pulled me towards an apartment block just next to the coffee shop so we had eyes on the police station from all angles.

"Alright what do you see?" Steve asked as he peered out of the window.

"Standard beat cops, small station, quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda replied through the comms.

"Look, an ATM on the south corner, means there's cameras." I said.

"Both cross streets are one way." Steve observed.

"So he has compromised escape routes." I said with a frown.

Surely if you were going to hit a police station you'd want guaranteed escape routes, but maybe that's just me.

"Means our guy isn't afraid to be seen, doesn't care if he makes a mess on his way out." Steve said quickly.

"Do you see the Range Rover half way up the block?" I asked.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda said and I shook my head.

The other four started talking but I drowned it out as I wandered over to the other window where I heard cars honking. I looked out and saw a big garbage truck barging it's way through all the cars.

"Sam, tag that garbage truck." I said quickly.

"That truck is loaded for max weight and the driver is armed." Sam said and my heart started to race.

"It's a battering ram." I said, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

"Go now!" Steve instructed.

"He's not hitting the police." I hissed before following Steve out of the building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4.5K 30
(Takes place after AoU) She has never really been close to anyone. She has lived her life, just doing what she has been told. After Sokovia, agent [Y...
393 20 10
Reader x Clint Barton Insert into MCU: The Avengers - Avengers: Endgame Y/n Y/l/n was a normal girl, going about her business as usual-that is, until...
223K 9.8K 26
Clint Barton doesn't go on dates. He makes arrangements. Everything is clearly stipulated from the beginning so there are no surprises, no messy emot...
3.2K 54 15
You were recruited by the Avengers and joined them shortly after their conception. You immediately develop an attraction to a certain dark haired arc...