Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

35

1K 26 1
By marvelgeek1507

Abi's P.O.V.

When I'd calmed down we set off again and within about ten minutes we were finally back at the tower, it was 9:30 so the others were almost definitely all still awake. We stepped into the elevator and I could feel Tony's eyes burning into the side of my head, waiting for me to say something.

"I'm going to go straight to bed, can you just tell the others I'll talk to them all tomorrow or something?" I asked.

"Of course." Tony said as the elevator doors opened.

"Thanks, goodnight." I said before making my way down to my room.

As soon as I stepped inside, I made a beeline for the bathroom, feeling the sandwich I'd eaten earlier making it's way back up. I threw up into the toilet and then made my way back into my bedroom, pulling off my coat before climbing back into bed. Within seconds off laying my head on the pillow I fell back to sleep.

Tony's P.O.V.

Abi walked down the hall, disappearing into her room and a sigh escaped my lips, knowing I was about to be bombarded with questions. After taking off my coat, I stepped into the living room and, to my relief, only Bruce was sat on the couch.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They went to bed about 20 minutes ago. How is Abi? Steve said they were running a few tests on her." Bruce said.

"She wants to speak to you all about it tomorrow." I said.

"That doesn't sound good." Bruce said.

I looked down at my feet as I stuffed my hands in my pockets, not wanting to look at him.

"Is she alright?" Bruce asked quickly.

"She will be." I said quietly.

"Tony, you can't keep this from me." He demanded.

"I promised Abi I would let her tell you all, and I'm not going back on that. Clint will be back in the morning and she will talk to you all then." I said.

Bruce let out a frustrated sigh and I walked over to the bar, pouring myself a glass of whiskey. I downed it before saying goodnight to Bruce and I made my way down to my room. I climbed into bed and tried to sleep but I couldn't, I was still so worried about Abi. I tossed and turned all night, trying to get comfortable so I could get to sleep but nothing seemed to work so I made my way to the couch in the living room, dragging my cover with me. I turned on the TV and laid on the couch, at around 4am I finally fell asleep.

Clint's P.O.V.

It was around 6am when I pulled into the garage of the tower, I couldn't get to sleep so I left at 1am so that I could be here when she woke up. I grabbed my duffle bag from the passenger seat of the truck before stepping into the elevator and making my way up. When I stepped out, I noticed Tony was asleep on one of the couches so I quietly made my way towards my room. I dropped my bag inside my room and changed into a pair of sweatpants before going next door to Abi's room. Quietly, I pushed open the door and stepped inside, walking over to the bed where Abi was sleeping peacefully. Even as she slept, I knew she had gotten worse since I had left and a wave of guilt washed over me, I felt awful for leaving when she needed me. I climbed into bed next to her and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to me; I'd missed her touch a lot more than I had realised in the few days I had been away. As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep, feeling more relaxed now that Abi was in my arms.

"Clint?" Someone gasped.

I opened my eyes to see Abi awake and staring at you, my face broke out in a grin.

"Good morning beautiful." I said tiredly, a smile plastered on my face.

"When did you get back?" She asked.

I looked over at her alarm clock, it was 8:07am.

"About 2 hours ago." I said.

"I didn't think you were coming back until tomorrow." She said.

"Tony called me last night to tell me you were at the ER, I had to come home to make sure you're alright." I said, placing my hand on her cheek.

Her face fell and she looked away from me, her eyes focused down on her hands. I frowned, unsure of what was going on.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Come with me." She said, tugging on my hand as she climbed out of bed.

I followed her as she pulled me towards the living room, the others were already there and looked surprised to see me. Tony was wrapped in his blanket but awake now, although he looked about as tired as I felt. Abi pointed at the spot next to Tony on the couch and I took a seat as she stayed standing in front of us all. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before speaking.

Abi's P.O.V.

"As you all know, I haven't been well these last few days and last night I had to go to the ER. They ran a few tests and did a few different body scans, the good news is that they found what's wrong and the baby is fine. But I found out last night what the problem is, and I know that when I say this you guys aren't going to react very well, but please promise me you will hear me out?" I said.

They all nodded, although Clint looked really worried and as if he was ready to flip out. I tried to give him a reassuring smile but it didn't seem to help.

"I uh..." I started.

I looked at Tony and he nodded, willing me to go on.

"They found two tumours, one in each of my breasts. I have breast cancer." I whispered, looking down at the floor.

Someone stood up from the couch, I looked up in time to see Clint step into the elevator and disappear. I let out a sob and Tony quickly stood up, wrapping me in a hug and he stayed stood next to me whilst I finished telling the others minus Clint.

"They caught it early enough to hopefully treat it with chemotherapy, I have to go back on the 2nd of January to start the treatment. But if that doesn't work then I will need an operation, they can remove the tumour in my left breast and the chemo has no effect as all I will lose my right breast. I said with a sigh.

They all stayed silent, trying to process what I'd just told them.

"I uh... I'm going to find Clint." I said.

"Take these, it's pretty bright out there." Tony said, handing me a pair of sunglasses.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button, I knew exactly where Clint had gone.

I stepped out onto the roof, seeing Clint sat on the edge of the roof, with his legs dangling over the edge. I squinted behind the sunglasses, the sunlight still hurting my head despite me wearing them. Clint didn't turn around when I walked towards him but he knew I was there, I saw his shoulders tense up when he heard me. I put my hand on his shoulder and he relaxed slightly, turning to face me and I saw his eyes were red and puffy, his cheeks stained with tears. I pulled him into a hug and he sobbed into my chest.

"I'm sorry." He sobbed.

"It's okay, you have nothing to be sorry for." I said, stroking his hair.

"I left you and you had to go through that alone. I just... I'm so tired and everything is happening at once; the baby and..." He started but he couldn't finish.

"I know, I wish I didn't have to tell you that, I wish I could have just told you it was a sickness bug or something. But, they can treat it so I'm going to be alright." I whispered.

His crying slowed and eventually stopped, he swung his legs back over and turned to face me, cupping my cheeks in his hands.

"I love you so much." He said, pressing a kiss on my lips.

"I love you too." I breathed when we broke apart.

A look of realisation then worry washed across his face.

"Tomorrow is New Years Eve." He said.

"I know, I wasn't so ill I forgot the date." I said with a grin.

"Tony always throws a huge party, are you going to be up for that?" He asked.

"Yeah, the doctor gave me some pills that should help with the sickness and headaches." I said.

"You don't have to come if you don't feel up to it." He said.

"What, and leave you with a load of girls trying to throw themselves at you, I don't think so." I said and he grinned.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Oh come on, I saw the way some of the girls looked at you at the last party, you're Hawkeye for god sake. You're hot, but you're mine." I said, pulling him towards me.

"That I am darling." He said, brushing my cheek with his thumb.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for another kiss, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face, I had missed his touch more than anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 308 18
"Clint Barton's got nothing on you" Usually when Kate Bishop lands herself in a sticky mess, she has her girlfriend to help her out of it, but is she...
224K 9.8K 26
Clint Barton doesn't go on dates. He makes arrangements. Everything is clearly stipulated from the beginning so there are no surprises, no messy emot...
6.9K 124 14
Two years ago Isabella Barton helped defeat Loki in the Battle of New York, but after the war she took a trip to Sokovia that was only supposed to be...
73.7K 998 58
I WROTE THIS 1.75 YEARS AGO (IN 2021 JAN) IN NEED OF MAJOR EDITING!! Clint Barton and Emily Banner fall in love. Will Bruce agree to it? Will it last...