Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

27

1.1K 30 1
By marvelgeek1507

Abi's P.O.V.

The arrow soared through the air and hit the target right in the middle of the bullseye.

"Beginners luck?" I said with a grin.

He pulled two more arrows from his quiver, one after the other, and hit them in the middle of the bullseye too.

"You've still got it." I said.

"Damn right I do." He said, a big smile on his face.

He pulled me close, pressing a kiss on my lips.

"Your shoulder is back to normal I see." Steve said from behind me.

I pulled away from Clint and turned to Steve with a big smile on my face.

"He hit them all first time, well first, second and third time. But he didn't even practise!" I said proudly.

"I'll tell Fury, you'll be back on missions as soon as we get our next one." Steve said to Clint.

"Thanks Steve, well I'm going to go tell the others, I'll be back in a minute." Clint said before leaving.

"Steve what are you doing on Saturday?" I asked.

"I don't have anything planned, why?" He asked.

"Will you come Christmas shopping with me? I don't want to take Clint in case he sees what I get for him." I said.

"Of course, I still need to buy presents anyway." He said.

"Great, thank you!" I said.

"How about a spar?" He asked with a grin.

"You're on." I said as I started to wrap my hands.

I climbed into the ring after him and we each did our own warm up before getting into a stance.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Lets go." He said.

He started throwing punches and kicks my way, I managed to dodge most of them but he managed to land a few of his kicks on my legs, the last sweeping me off my feet. I jumped back to my feet and started a counter attack, landing a few of my own shots to his body and one to his jaw. We continued fighting until he pinned me to the floor and I tapped out, a grin on my face as I was breathing hard.

"I believe that's 1-1." I said with a smile.

"That's right." He said as he helped me up.

"Have you spoken to Fury about me?" I asked.

"I have, and he agrees that you will be a great addition as soon as you are in full control. We can't have any mess ups in the field, it is too risky. When do you start your training with Bruce and Clint again?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, I know Bruce and Tony are trying to work on some tech to help me control my powers. But I don't really know how that's coming along either, I'll find out later." I said, making a mental note to talk to Bruce.

"Let me know what they say." Steve said just as Clint walked back in.

We all worked out together, Clint lifting weights whilst Steve and I worked on the bags and with the pads. After what seemed like only half an hour, Steve started unwrapping his hands.

"Oh come on super soldier, we've only been working out for like half an hour." I said.

"Abi, it's 6pm, we've been working for an hour and a half, and I'm hungry." He said.

"What?" I said.

"You really need to work on your concept of time." Clint said with a grin.

I threw my sweaty towel at him and he shut up, throwing the towel into the pile with the other ones.

"I'm going to hit the showers." Steve said before disappearing off into the bathroom.

"I think I'll shower in my room." I said.

"Me too." Clint said.

We both walked out and made our way up to our rooms, as I walked into my room I realised Clint was following me.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Saving water." He said with a grin as he shut my bedroom door.

"Oh really?" I asked, a smile tugging at the edge of my lips.

"Mhmm." He said as he stepped towards me.

I turned and ran towards my bathroom, he followed after me, lifting me off my feet as a squeal escaped my lips. He slung me over his shoulder as he walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower. It finally dawned on me what he was about to do, and I didn't like it.

"Clint no! Pl-" I started but he didn't listen.

Instead he put me down in the shower, my clothes instantly getting soaked as he stood there laughing at me.

"Oh no, looks like you're going to have to get undressed now." He said with a smirk.

Before he had chance to react, I grabbed his arm and pulled him in with me.

"Now we both do." I said.

I pulled his shirt off over his head as he kicked off his sweat pants before pulling my top off. I peeled my leggings off, the water making it a lot harder but I managed it. We both got fully undressed and I smiled before he kissed me, my back pressed against the glass wall.

"You're so beautiful." He said, pushing my wet hair out of my face.

I looked down as a blush formed on my face, but he lifted my chin back up so I was looking at him.

"And you're even more beautiful when you blush, so don't hide it." He said.

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him as my back stayed pressed against the glass.

"You know, I've never done it in the shower before." He said, a playful grin on his face.

"Oh really?" I said.

When we stepped out of the shower, I was on cloud nine and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I quickly got dressed into a pair of sweatpants and Clint's hoodie before I turned to him, he was still stood there with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

"That looks good on you." He said, talking about his hoodie.

"It's so comfortable, you definitely aren't getting this back." I said with a grin.

"It's fine, I have more hoodies." He said.

"Come on, you need to get dressed, and I can smell someone cooking food." I said.

We quickly went into his room so that he could get changed, he put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt then we walked out. We made our way into the kitchen to see Steve cooking something, looking a little flustered.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, just not the best chef." He said quickly.

"Just relax, it'll make it easier." Clint said.

Steve nodded and took a deep breath before reading the recipe book again, this time taking everything slower. Clint and I walked over to the couch where Thor and Natasha were watching a film, some action movie by the looks of it. He took a seat next to Thor and I sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me. Just as the movie ended Steve called the four of us over, telling us the food was ready, he had made tacos.

"Jarvis, please tell Bruce and Tony that dinner is ready." Steve said.

We all took a seat at the table and a few minutes later Bruce and Tony joined us so we all started eating.

"Steve you are such a liar! You aren't a bad chef, these taste amazing." I said.

"Thanks. But you should try Clint's tacos, they're the best. He's by far the best chef out of all of us" He said and everyone else agreed.

We all sat around the table, talking and eating, and thankfully we made it through the whole meal with no jokes about Clint and I. When we all finished, Bruce and I cleaned everything away, when we finished I quickly stopped him.

"When will I be continuing my training?" I asked.

"Tony and I were talking about that earlier. We are still working on those cuffs that suppressed your powers before, so in the two hours training you do everyday we were thinking you could train with Steve and Clint on your attack and defence whilst we work on the cuffs. There's no point working on controlling your powers if these cuffs will suppress them, it means you have more time to work on other areas." He said.

"Okay great, thank you." I said before walking over to Clint.

He was stood talking with Steve, but when he saw me he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm heading to bed, I'm exhausted." I said.

"Okay, I'll come and join you in a little while." He said.

I nodded and said goodnight to everyone before making my way to my room, I climbed into bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

The rest of the week dragged by, Tony had me working my butt off, it was the most work I'd ever done in my life. It was finally Saturday so Steve and I were going shopping today and I couldn't wait; I loved Christmas shopping hence why I was up at 8am without an alarm. I managed to slip out of Clint's grasp with ease, not wanting to wake him up because if I did, he would want to come with us. Silently, I got dressed and left the room to go and find Steve, but first I needed breakfast. I made my way to the kitchen and found Steve eating toast, he smiled at me when he saw me and I returned the gesture.

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I said as I poured myself a bowl of cereal.

We quickly ate and I washed up my bowl before turning back to face him.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Someone's eager." He said.

"It's the 30th of November, loads of people are going to be out doing their Christmas shopping so I want to get there early." I said.

"Fair enough, let's go." He said.

We made our way down to the garage and got into one of the cars before setting off to the mall, when we arrived it dawned on me that I had no clue what to get anyone. I just had to wing it, if I saw something that I thought was a good present for that person I was just going to buy it.

"Where do you want to go first?" Steve asked.

"I have no clue." I said.

"Do you have any ideas for presents?" He asked.

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Okay, well lets start with Thor." He said.

"Pop tarts." I said quickly.

"Okay, follow me." He said with a chuckle.

I followed him into a big candy store and he lead me over to the pop tarts, there was at least 20 different flavours so I got him one of each and took them to the counter.

"Do you have a big box I could put these all in?" I asked the lady at the till.

"I'll have a look." She said and disappeared out the back of the store.

She came back carrying a big cardboard box, we piled all of the pop tart boxes into the big box and she taped it shut for me. I paid for it all and Steve picked up the box before I had chance to try and grab it.

"I'm going to take this back to the car, have a look around, I'll call you when I'm back." He said and I nodded.

Steve walked off and I started looking in shops for a present for him. I decided on a new leather jacket, as his one is starting to look a bit worse for wear, and a motorcycle helmet, he didn't need a new one but it looked cool and went well with his new jacket. Just as I finished paying, my phone started to ring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 54 15
You were recruited by the Avengers and joined them shortly after their conception. You immediately develop an attraction to a certain dark haired arc...
74K 2.2K 15
Gemini Sparks was your average fun-loving, out-going, bubbly, and cheerful gal. Except, she's anything but normal. For one thing, she's a long-term a...
7.1K 192 25
WARNING: This story contains a relationship between three people! Clint and Laura Barton had decided to stay to themselves after the fight between Ca...
73.7K 998 58
I WROTE THIS 1.75 YEARS AGO (IN 2021 JAN) IN NEED OF MAJOR EDITING!! Clint Barton and Emily Banner fall in love. Will Bruce agree to it? Will it last...