Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

14

1.7K 40 7
By marvelgeek1507

Abi's P.O.V.

I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before slipping my new superstars on and grabbing Clint's hoodie. When I walked back out, Clint was wearing a baseball cap and a pair of sunglasses, I frowned, I could barely see his face.

"I don't like people seeing me when I go out, I get bombarded with photos and questions. I just want it to be the two of us, without people harassing us." He said.

I nodded and he took my hand in his, pulling me towards the elevator, when we stepped out into the street I took a deep breath. It was nice to be outside for a change, we walked hand in hand down the street and thankfully nobody seemed to give us a second glance. I didn't really know my way around this part of town so I let Clint lead the way and soon we came to a big park. We followed the trail around the outside and I turned my head to look at him. The sun was hitting his face just right and making his blue eyes shine, he looked amazing, majestic almost.

"What are we going to do about my training?" I asked.

"I'm not too sure, I'll have to talk to Tony and Bruce about that. We will probably have to re think it, but I promise you that we will help you get your powers under control." He said quietly.

I smiled and hugged his arm, resting my head on his shoulder as we walked. Soon we stopped outside a small café and Clint looked down at me.

"Do you want a hot chocolate, they're really good from here." He said.

"Sure." I said with a smile.

"Sit here, I'll be back in a minute." He said.

I took a seat at one of the small metal tables just outside the café and a few minutes later Clint came back with two big cups of hot chocolate. He sat down opposite me and handed me my cup, I blew the piping hot drink and glanced up at him. He looked on edge and kept looking round as if he was expecting something to happen.

"Hey." I said, reaching over to grab his free hand with mine.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want anyone to recognise me." He said with a sigh.

"Well acting all shifty and weird like that will definitely attract attention." I said with a small smile.

"You're right, I'm sorry. You're my main focus right now." He said and I felt my cheeks heat up.

I quickly looked down at my hot chocolate, blowing on it to try and cool it down as he kept hold of my other hand. In this moment, I was happy, genuinely happy and that's the first time in a long time. We sat there, chatting and drinking our hot chocolates, it was only something simple but I really enjoyed it. My phone buzzed in my pocket, Clint's did at the same time, I pulled my phone out to see it was a news alert. I clicked on it to see a photo of Clint and I sat here at the café, hand in hand, and the caption read 'So this is what Hawkeye was doing instead of helping the rest of the Avengers'. I looked up at him and by the look on his face, it seemed that he had seen the post. I tried to take his other hand in mine but he pulled both of them out of my grasp and got up, walking away. I tried to keep up but after a few minutes I lost sight of him and I had no idea where I was so I pulled my phone out. I tried calling Clint but I got no answer so I called Steve.

"Hey Abi, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I've been better, I'm currently lost." I said and he chuckled.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Clint and I came to the park, something happened and he disappeared. I tried following him but now I'm lost." I said sheepishly.

"Okay, well what can you see around you?" He asked.

"Trees.... Trees.... and more trees." I said.

"Well, you're still in the park then. Stay where you are, I'm on my way." He said and ended the call.

I looked around and spotted a bench so I walked over and took a seat as I played games on my phone. After about twenty minutes I heard someone call my name and I looked up to see Steve making his way over.

"Thank you so much for coming." I said.

"It's no worries, I'm happy to help, and I'm happy to have escaped from Tony, he's gloating about how he saved everyone by himself, even though he definitely didn't." He said and I chuckled.

"I tried calling Clint but he wouldn't answer." I said with a sigh.

"What happened" He asked.

"Well earlier on the news, they started to make up stories about why Clint wasn't with you guys on this mission. So I suggested we go for a walk and we came to the park, we stopped at the little café for hot chocolate." I started.

"They do the best hot chocolate." He said and I smiled, nodding in agreement.

"We were sat there drinking our hot chocolate and he was on edge so I grabbed his hand to try and calm him down. A few minutes later we saw this." I said, showing him the photo.

"What's the big deal? It's just a photo." He said.

"I think he was more bothered about the caption underneath it." I said.

"Right, well I can see his issue with that, but everyone will get over it soon enough, and so will he. Now come on, we had better get going, Bruce said something about wanting to give you a check up when you got back and that you need your medication." Steve said and I groaned.

"I hate needles." I said with a frown.

"I don't think anyone really likes needles." He said with a grin.

I just shook my head at him and we walked along in a comfortable silence for a while, I just admired the view around me.

"What's going on between you two anyway" He asked after a few minutes, referring to Clint and I.

"In all honesty, I don't know. I mean we've kissed a few times but just as I think it's going well he suddenly changes and pushes me away." I said with a sigh.

"Do you like him?" He asked.

"I really do, he has helped me so much, and he makes me feel things that nobody else can, I can't explain it. But I just can't tell how he feels about me." I said.

"He does like you, trust me. Just seeing the two of you together, it's plain to see that there is something between the two of you. Just give him some time." He said as we arrived at the tower.

I went up to the lab where Bruce was searching frantically for something, but stopped when he saw me come in. He ran a few tests and checked me over before injecting my medicine into my arm.

"That's the last dose of that you'll need." He said.

"Thank god." I said with a relieved sigh.

"I'm all done, so you're free to go." Bruce said with a small smile.

"Thanks." I said with a smile as I turned to leave.

I made my way up to my room and pulled out my phone to see if Clint had been in touch, but he hadn't so I decided to try and call him again. I sighed as it went to voicemail, deciding to leave him a voicemail.

"Hey Clint, it's Abi again. Please just come back, the media will get over it and forget about it in a few days. If you aren't going to come back, at least let us know you're okay. Please. I'll see you soon." I said and I ended the call.

My stomach started to rumble, it was 8:45pm and I hadn't eaten since Clint made the pasta at around 2pm. I got up and made my way to the living room to find out who was cooking, but both the kitchen and the living room were empty.

"Jarvis." I called.

"Yes miss?" He replied.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They're down in the labs." He said.

"Thanks." I said as I walked over to the elevator.

I stepped out of the elevator and looked around, seeing everyone over in Tony's lab so I made my way over.

"What the hell is Clint doing there?" Natasha asked.

"You found him?" I asked quickly.

They all jumped and turned to face me, Tony quickly shut his laptop so I couldn't see the screen.

"Well where is he?" I asked.

"We don't know." Tony said.

"Don't mess with me right now Stark." I demanded.

He opened his mouth to say something but decided not to. I pushed past him and opened his laptop, seeing a flashing red dot on the screen.

"Isn't... isn't that a strip club?" I asked.

They all stayed silent and avoided eye contact with me, I just rolled my eyes.

"Right." I said as I walked off.

I made my way into the kitchen and grabbed a big bag of chips before going back into my room. I opened the bag of chips and grabbed my TV remote from my nightstand and turned it on before putting on a movie. About half way through, there was a knock at my door so I paused my movie and opened the door to see Steve stood there.

"Are uh... are you alright?" He asked.

"Just fine." I said, forcing a smile.

"Stupid question. I'm sorry about earlier, I was just still in shock, it's not like Clint to be in a place like that, that's usually Tony's sort of place." He said.

"I just don't understand it. He freaked out about the two of us being seen in the park together and then he goes to a place like that, surely it would be worse to be seen at a place like that?" I said.

"That's what I was thinking too, but he will come back soon enough. Tony is tracking his phone so we can keep an eye on where he's going and possibly intervene if he's gone for too long." He said.

"Okay, keep me updated." I said.

"Will do." He said.

He turned to leave but then turned back to me.

"Do you want to get something to eat? Like a takeout or something?" He asked.

"Sure, I could kill for a Chinese right now." I said.

"Sounds good to me, come on." He said with a smile.

I followed him into the empty kitchen, the others were still down in the lab, I could hear the music thumping from up here. Steve and I ordered our Chinese and when it arrived we sat on the couch and ate as we watched some comedy movie on the TV. It completely took my mind off of Clint as we sat there laughing, tears streaming down our faces throughout almost the whole of the movie. When it finished I checked the time, realising it was 11:45pm.

"Thank you for cheering me up." I said to him.

"It was my pleasure." He said with a smile.

"Well I'm going to head to bed." I said with a yawn.

"Okay, I'm going to head back down to the lab and see what's going on down there, sounds like they're partying or something. Make sure you call if you need anything." He said.

"Okay, well have fun, and thanks again." I said, giving him a quick hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 28 23
Just after the Battle of New York, Melody Stark comes home from visiting her mother on her home planet. Her father, Tony, introduces her to the newly...
3.3K 54 15
You were recruited by the Avengers and joined them shortly after their conception. You immediately develop an attraction to a certain dark haired arc...
8.9K 143 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
224K 9.8K 26
Clint Barton doesn't go on dates. He makes arrangements. Everything is clearly stipulated from the beginning so there are no surprises, no messy emot...