Saved

By marvelgeek1507

It had been three years since she found out she had powers, it had been three years since her parents had die... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

10

2.3K 55 13
By marvelgeek1507

Abi's P.O.V.

I felt my cheeks flush red and I nodded, he walked out and I quickly got undressed. I opened the door slightly, just enough to fit my arm through, and handed him my bundle of clothes before getting into the bath tub. I let out a content sigh as I sunk down into the water so that only my head was poking out of the top of all the bubbles. I laid my head back and closed my eyes, enjoying the first moments of peace and quiet I'd had since arriving here. After a while there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I called.

"It's Clint, I've left your clothes on your bed. Are you going to get out soon? Only you've been in there for about an hour." He said with a chuckle.

"It hasn't really been an hour has it? It only feels like I've been in here for 20 minutes." I said.

"It most definitely has, now come on, get out, we have shopping to do." He said, I could hear by the tone of his voice that he had a big smile on his face.

I quickly climbed out of the tub and wrapped my hair in a towel before wrapping a towel around my body. I made my way into my room and got dressed before going to Clint's room and knocking on the door, but I got no answer so I made my way to the kitchen. I found Clint on the couch with Natasha and Tony, they were watching some sort of cartoon.

"You ready?" I asked him.

"Good to hear you saying something other than his name, and at least you aren't screaming this time." Tony said with a grin.

"Very funny." I said as I rolled my eyes.

Clint got up from the couch and we made our way down to the garage before making our way over to one of the cars.

"How are you going to be able to drive with your shoulder like that?" I asked.

"It'll be fine." He said.

"If we crash, it's your fault, not mine." I said.

"I'm a good driver, I'm not going to crash." He said.

I just shook my head and climbed into the car before we set off for the mall. It didn't take long to get there, Clint quickly parked the car and we made our way inside, I still couldn't believe how big this place was. It was just after 10am when we arrived and the first place we went was a trainer store.

"What size are you?" He asked.

"8." I said.

"Follow me, there are some really nice trainers over here, I have a pair and they're so comfortable." He said as he lead me over to the back of the store.

I tried the pair on that he was talking about and I had to admit they were really comfy and they looked really nice, I decided on an all black pair, I think they were called adidas superstars. Despite my protests he also bought me a pair of black timberlands as well as my other trainers, both pairs were black and they were so nice, but they were also really expensive.

"I don't need both pairs, I hate spending other people's money." I said with a frown.

"Tony is fine with it, and besides the man has millions." He said with a smile.

I just shook my head at him as we walked out and into another store. I tried on quite a lot of different clothes but only ended up buying a few pairs of jeans, some t-shirts, a hoodie, some leggings and a set of pyjamas. By the time we had finished shopping it was 1pm and I was starving, as if on cue my stomach started making noises.

"Hungry?" He asked.

"Very." I said and we made our way over to a fast food place, in n out.

We got our food and took a seat at one of the tables, we were surrounded by all the bags full of clothes and shoes. I looked around sadly at the bags, knowing that when I left I wouldn't be able to take everything with me.

"How am I going to carry all this stuff in my rucksack when I leave?" I asked sadly.

"That's what I was meaning to talk to you about. The team and I have been talking and most of us agreed that we want you to stay, if you want to of course." He said.

I knew when he said 'most of us' he meant everyone apart from Natasha, I don't know what I've done to make her hate me so much.

"I'd love to, but I feel bad, you're the Avengers and I feel like I'm not doing my part or paying my keep." I said.

"We don't expect you to pay, we want you there. But maybe we can find something for you to do, if it makes you feel better?" He suggested.

"That would be good." I said with a smile.

We finished off our food and made our way back to the car before setting off back to the tower. Clint helped me carry all the bags back to my room and I quickly unpacked everything, putting it all away before taking a seat on my bed and letting out a sigh. Who knew that putting clothes away could be so tiring. I decided to go and find Clint to see if he wanted to watch a movie or something, I made my way out of my room and walked over to his room. His door was slightly open and I was about to knock on the door when I heard voices coming from inside.

"Clint you barely even know the girl but yet you're out buying her a load of clothes and new shoes?" I heard Natasha say with anger in her voice.

"Oh come on Nat, if you actually took the time to get to know her then you would see who she really is." He said.

"I don't need to get to know her, she's some random homeless girl with powers that put us all in danger. She doesn't belong here and both you and I know that." She said.

When Clint didn't respond I felt tears begin to sting my eyes, he agreed with her. If he didn't then he would have said something, but he didn't, he just stayed silent. I turned on my heel and made my way back into my room, grabbing my rucksack from beside the bed and dumping it onto my bed. I grabbed some clothes and shoved them inside, I slipped on my new timberland boots and made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed some cereal bars from the cupboards and some other food that wouldn't go off very quickly before making my way back to my room. I put the food and a few bottles of water into my bag and zipped it up before slipping Clint's hoodie on then I slung my rucksack onto my shoulders and quietly made my way to the elevator. I pressed the button that would stop at the ground floor and I quickly stepped off before making my way out onto the streets. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, I had debated leaving it behind but I needed it for the map on it, I set a waypoint for the forest I was staying in before and set off. It was the late afternoon when I finally got there, and the sun was just starting to set as I climbed up into my usual spot in the trees and sat back. I couldn't fight the tears any longer, I had been so stupid to believe what he had said to me. Everyone in my life ended up leaving and nobody really cared for me, I was naïve to believe all the lies he fed me, I wanted to believe that I had finally found someone that cared but I was wrong, again.

Clint's P.O.V.

"I don't need to get to know her, she's some random homeless girl with powers that put us all in danger. She doesn't belong here and both you and I know that." Nat said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I was silent for a minute whilst I let her words sink in.

"It wasn't her choice to be homeless or have powers Nat, she doesn't deserve any of what she has been through and if you knew even the slightest thing about what she has been through then you wouldn't be saying what you're saying now. She's so strong and has been through so much, she just needs people who are going to help her and she will learn to control her powers soon enough. Bruce, Tony and I are setting up a training programme at the moment to help her with that. And she does belong here, as much as the rest of us do, so I don't want to hear any of this ever again." I said angrily as I walked out of my room.

I made my way up to the roof and let out a big sigh as I stepped out into the fresh air, I didn't understand what Nat's issue was with Abi, she hasn't done anything to Nat personally. I took a seat on the edge of the roof, letting my legs dangle over the edge as I closed my eyes. I had always felt calmer coming up here, I knew that I wouldn't be disturbed and I could just sit and think. After a while, the sun started to set so I decided it was probably time for me to go back inside, and I was starting to get hungry. I made my way back inside and went into the living room, where I found almost everyone sat on the couch watching TV.

"Whose night is it to cook? I'm starving." I said.

"It's your night dumbass." Tony said.

"Oh, right." I said as I made my way over to the kitchen.

I decided to make spaghetti Bolognese and as it was cooking, the smell made my stomach rumble. I dished it up onto seven plates and set them out at the table, before I even had chance to announce that it was ready they had all got up from the couch and sat around at the table. I made my way down the hall and knocked on Abi's door but got no answer so I opened the door in case she was asleep but her room was empty, I checked her bathroom, the training room, the roof and the balcony but I couldn't find her anywhere. I made my way back into the living room as I tried calling her but every time I tried it went straight to voicemail.

"Has anyone seen Abi?" I asked.

"Not since the two of you came back from shopping earlier." Steve said and everyone else agreed.

I let out a sigh, where would she have gone.

"Jarvis, do you know where Abi is?" I asked.

"She left a few hours ago, about ten minutes before you went up to the roof to be exact. She looked quite upset and had a big bag with her." He said.

"Tony what did you do?" I demanded.

"Nothing! I haven't spoken to her since this morning before the two of you left!" He said.

"Well you're going to help me, we can track her phone." I said.

He mumbled an answer but I didn't quite catch what he said.

"Now! It's starting to get dark!" I demanded.

He sighed as he got up from the table and I followed him to the lab, he started tapping keys on the computer and soon a big map came up on the screen with two flashing dots, one red and one blue.

"You're the blue dot and she's the red dot." He said.

"That's all the way across town, what is she doing all the way over there?" I asked, confused.

"Beats me. Anyway, give me your phone." He said and I handed it over to him.

He started tapping away at the screen and then handed it back to me, when he did the same map that was on the computer was now on my phone.

"Just follow it and you'll find her. Now can I go and eat my food?" He asked.

I just shook my head at him and left, heading down to the garage and climbing into the car. I sped off, following the map towards the red dot as thoughts whizzed round my head, I had so many questions. It took my about half an hour to get across town and when I was about half a kilometre away from the red dot I came to the entrance of a forest, what the hell was she doing in there? My heart raced as awful thoughts filled my mind, the last time I had found her she was half dead, and I really didn't want that to be the case this time. I sprinted into opening in the trees, not wasting any time, as I got close I slowed down and walked silently in case anyone else was here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 54 15
You were recruited by the Avengers and joined them shortly after their conception. You immediately develop an attraction to a certain dark haired arc...
73.9K 998 58
I WROTE THIS 1.75 YEARS AGO (IN 2021 JAN) IN NEED OF MAJOR EDITING!! Clint Barton and Emily Banner fall in love. Will Bruce agree to it? Will it last...
543 28 20
Arrow had made some stupid decisions in her life but none that had worse consequences than having to come face to face with the man she left without...
1.6K 28 23
Just after the Battle of New York, Melody Stark comes home from visiting her mother on her home planet. Her father, Tony, introduces her to the newly...