A Promise : To You For You

By francy1606

••§§•• (Excerpt) 'She turned around from the window and saw the mess she had created in her room. Events from... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (part 2)
Chapter 19
Covers
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Message/Notice
Summary- (Part 1)
Summary (Part 2)
Summary (Part 3)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
New chapter
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 18 (part 1)

215 12 11
By francy1606

*left one is Rheyan and right one is Nikhil*

~Rheyan

"London project is very important for me and I want it at any cost." I declared.

Every single person in the room nodded.

"Now dismiss."

One by one everyone exited the meeting room leaving me and Nikhil behind. A meeting had had conducted with employees of my company regarding the London deal we were trying to crack.

For this deal our company needed support of other companies also which we got without any difficulty. Everything was going smooth, till that Vivaan Raichand. He was one of our partners in this deal but after what happened between him and Ahana makes me doubt if he would want to be a part of this deal now.

"Relax Rheyan. We will crack this deal together." Nikhil encouraged patting my back.

"I hope that sick minded Vivaan doesn't mess up this time. If he decides to step back from the deal..... Let's say consequences will not be good for us." I explained to him.

Vivaan was not a saint. He was a kind of man who couldn't accept his mistakes and would seek for revenge to satisfy his ego if someone made him pay for his mistakes and Ahana, she had given a big blow to his ego which he would never outlook. This deal was the best way for him to get back at us for what we did to him and I had a feeling he would not let go this chance out of his hand.

"Don't worry about it. I'll take good care of him. After what he did to Ahana I will not spare him." His voice contained unexpressed anger while his expressions morphed into fury.

"I just want this project." I repeated the same sentence again.

"Where is Ahana? She wasn't in the meeting." He asked, completely ignoring my previous statement.

I stared at him for a good minute while he was busy in looking out for her through open slits.

What is it between him and Ahana?

Same question repeated in my mind again.

"Find her?" I asked him with hint of taunting in my voice.

"Hmm?" He hummed still looking out for her.

When my words registered in his mind, he replied nervously turning around to face me, "Umm.. No."

"What is it between you and her? You seem to be very fond of her." I voiced out my question cocking an eyebrow at him.

By the fact that I introduced both of them a few weeks ago, they look more close to each other than they should. Even when Naveen uncle announced him the next C.E.O. of the 'Ahuja Group of Companies' she seemed to be more happy than any other person present there. Sometimes I felt like I was missing something here like some missing parts of puzzle.

But again as I had said before she was an enigma and I would definitely solve this enigma.

Coming out of my thoughts I looked at Nikhil who looked taken aback by my question.

"What are you saying, Rheyan?" He acted nonchalant not making an eye contact with me.

Oh he is gonna play dumb now but I am not in mood of playing games.

"Are you into her?" I questioned directly not beating around the bush.

If I say he was shocked, it would be an understatement because he was beyond shocked.

Before he could say anything, another thought crossed my mind. "Wait! What about Neha? Don't tell me you are cheating on her!" I was surprised at my own realisation.

"What?! No!!" He replied immediately. "Rheyan, Ahana is my sister. I- I mean like a sister. How can you think...." He trailed off as if not wanting to complete the sentence.

He turned around and took a deep breath as a sign of calming himself.

"I love Neha. I will never cheat on her with anyone." He said softly. "And please never ever think about me and Ahana in that way." He added while cringing visibly as the mere thought of them together was disgusting him.

"Oh." It came out as a whisper. I doubted if he heard it or not.

Well, his expressions were worth seeing. He looked like I had barged in the washroom when he was peeing. As funny as it sounded, I would never do that.

"There is no need to overreact Nikhil." I commented.

"I'm not overreacting. For me she is just like Ahana and Aarushi...." He again trailed off.

Silence prevailed in background whilst guilt swarmed in his eyes.

Till today one thing I didn't understand was the reason behind his guilt. When Aarushi died, he changed too just like.... Aahi. Then I realised that how much a person value in our life. Their presence can do wonders and the fact is we understand their value only when they leave us. Aarushi, the little angel, was the same person.

"Sometimes I wonder, what things would have been like if she was with us alive." He said, most likely wished. His whole demeanour was changed and all I could see was the Nikhil who was fighting on his own with his inner demons all vulnerable.

The Nikhil I knew had never cared for anyone. He was a carefree person. He had emotions and had always kept them on the bay. I had never seen him so attached with anyone before Aarushi's death, not even with Aahi. But after that incident everything changed.

He realised he should let others know what their importance was in his life and how much they mean to him while Aahi....she left, leaving all of us behind.

Aahi

"How's she?" I asked in a low voice.

He looked back at me, probably processing my words in his mind. I turned to the side and grabbed a water bottle from the table as the memories of hangouts of three of us, our playfulness and promises rushed into my mind.

Of course she must have been doing good. What a stupid question you asked.

My subconscious mocked me.

Gulping down the contents inside the bottle I shook my head at my stupidity with a taunting smile playing on my lips.

"Tomorrow is Aarushi's death anniversary Rheyan." He said, again disregarding my previous question. His voice shaking at the end.

I stilled.

"There is a small puja at home for her like every year. I'll be waiting for you." He added.

I didn't turn back to him but could feel his eyes on my back.

"I'm going home." Placing now empty water bottle back on table I walked to the glass doors of the room.

"Where is your home Rheyan?" He asked from behind stopping me in my tracks.

Silence prevailed in the room. Again. Now what I should answer to his question. I had no answer to it.

Since I came back it was first time when we had shared a conversation about something besides business especially about personal stuff. I was not interested in anything except business and he also never brought up any topic which would make situation awkward between us.

Then what's special today?

Home

It was a topic I neither want to think about nor talk and for me today was nothing special that I would think or talk about it.

"I don't know." I answered slowly in a low tone.

"Nalini aunty miss you a lot. So do Dev uncle. Pay them a visit and spend some time with them. Maybe you will get your answer too." He advised whilst walking to me to stand in front of me.

His words were affecting me. I shouldn't be affected. Should I? But I was.
I looked up at him and he blinked his eyes giving a gentle squeeze on my right shoulder in reassuring manner.

I nodded slowly, silently agreeing with him.

No words were spoken after that. We headed down to the parking lot together silently. Giving me a curt nod he slid inside his car and drove off to his destination. Seeing me, driver opened the door of backseat but today I wanted to drive myself. Taking keys from the old man I slid into the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Don't worry I'm not going to bar." I said seeing the old man still standing there with a worried expression on his face.

He nodded in okay then left whilst I drove off to the mansion.

It was true that whenever I had driven car myself I always end up being drunk. Then Kwan, my butler, would track me down and bring me back to my penthouse. Last time I drunk was the day when he said that a friend of mine, precisely a girl friend of mine helped him to find me and I was still not able to figure out that friend of mine.

Who could be she?

My subconscious wondered.

After driving for good thirty to forty minutes I reached mansion. Watchmen opened doors at the honk of horn allowing me to drive in the driveway. Parking my car myself I went inside, only to find no one in the living room. Some of the workers looked surprised seeing me there. Asking one of them about the whereabouts of my family I found that they were in the dining room having dinner together.

My family.
It sounded so good. A warm feeling crept in my heart. Having few people around you in your life who will always be there for you to share your sorrow as well as happiness and will have your back in times of need is what they call having a family. Right?

"Rheyan" a low voice called me from behind.

Slowly turning around I came face to face with the woman who looked surprised to see me there, the woman who had now teary eyes at the sight of me, the woman who had always been caring and affectionate to me, the woman who had kept me in her womb for nine months, the woman who took so much pain only to bring me to this world, the woman whom I called my mother.

"Mom"

Then there was the man standing beside her in his usual business attire, a man who had scolded me at my mistakes as well as supported me whenever I fell, a man with whom I had once shared the friendly relation but his one decision changed everything. He looked unsure of what he was seeing was true or not but his eyes were gleaming with hope. Hope, that I would be there for real not a dream to be woken up.

"Dad"

Glancing at the pair, my eyes fell upon a beautiful young girl who was at end of her teenage, now fully grown up. Her long brown, coffee shade hair cascaded down her back of her petite body complementing her cream coloured skin and brown coloured eyes same as mine which showed a hint of fear in them. And I felt hurt because I knew I was at fault of inducing that fear in her.

"Eva" I called as softly as I could.

Hearing her name from me, her eyes lit up. She gave me her widest smile which automatically bought smile on my face.

"Rheyan" mom called again. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she hugged me by wrapping her arms around my torso.

Why is she crying?

I looked at dad who also had a wide smile plastered on his face. He just blinked his eyes, telling me to go with the flow. I nodded slowly then wrapped my arms around my mother embracing her my embrace.

"I'm here mom." I told her because I felt like she was afraid that I would leave her just in next moment.

Pulling away slowly she wiped her tear stained face then cupped my right cheek with her hand.

"How is my son?" She asked.

"Good, mom." I replied.

"Say again." She said.

"Good, mom." I repeated.

"It has been so long you called me mom." She whispered, loud enough for three of us to hear.

From the periphery of my vision I could see Eva scowling.

"Now, you are being over dramatic mom. We had met just two weeks ago at dinner and he had called you 'mom' as usual." She whined while quoting 'mom' in her sentence.

Dad chuckled lightly and mom shook her head smiling in disagreement as she stared at me in longing but nonetheless didn't speak anything.

"Rheyan come. Let's have dinner together. Your mom is starving me and your sister." Dad said playfully to lighten up mood and I was more than glad as I didn't want to deal with tears and all.

We all went to the dining room and took our respective seats. Dad sat on head chair while mom and I sat across him and Eva beside mom opposite to me. Mom served me herself making sure I had each and every food item present on the table in my plate. Despite my protests she didn't listen to me at which Eva giggled and dad chuckled.

I could feel change in whole environment around me. Mom looked overly joyed, dad was smiling and Eva, she looked happy. Throughout the dinner mom kept on chatting continuously like any other time. With whom? Well, apparently with me or sometimes dad would also get involved.

Like any other time I would have gotten frustrated till now but today was different because today I kept my awkwardness and hesitation on side and tried to get along with them. All these things would have taken toll on me but I was trying not to react in such a way which would only hurt them.

Why?

Because I was selfish. Just because I wanted answer to the question Nikhil had asked which was apparently mine question too. He had said I could get my answer here but didn't tell me how. But it was true that even if I didn't get any answer today, I had realised something which would lead me to my answer, maybe.

I realised it was not that difficult to spend time or get along with the people whom I called my family, only if I wanted to. These awkwardness and hesitation occurred in relations only when there is no understanding and communication among people and distances between them kept on increasing. But also that distance can be reduced if we try.

Is it what Nikhil you were intending to do?

I wanted to try but whenever I do, my past kept holding on to me and all those intentions of trying got replace by anger, rage and fury. It wasn't easy for me to forget that these people had themselves pushed me away from them leaving me all alone to myself and what were the consequences.

It still isn't easy to forget.

I waited for the day when I would be free from the hold of my past and could be again with my family because I desperately wanted to but I couldn't. The hold was tight and was getting unbearable day by day.

Shaking my head to get rid of these thoughts I stood up.

"I should get going." I said.

Mom who was gushing over something stopped in mid with a frown creasing her forehead. "Stay for the night, Rheyan." She pleaded.

"Mom, I can't."

"Its just one night." She reasoned.

"Please mom."

"Why? Its your home. Then what's the problem?" She complained. Her voice raising a bit at the end but dad stopped her.

"Nalini don't force him. He is trying. Lets take it slow." Dad explained her.

While my mind processed her words again and again.

Why? Its your home. Then what's the problem?

Its your home. Then what's the problem?

Its your home.

Your home.

Home.

Is it? I asked myself but had no answer to it.

"Dev, all I am asking him is to stay for the night." She countered.

"Nalini try to underst-" before he could complete the sentence I cut him off.

"I will stay."

*******
Hello lovely readers👋

So, this is part 1 of the chapter and another will be updated soon. Share your views about the chapter.

Do you understand Rheyan, his pain and hurt ❓🤔

Also, I know many of you desparately wanted moments of Ahana and Rheyan😍 together which I have given very less.😌

But I just want to say hold on to the patience and don't let it wear out because soon your wishes will be granted.😁😘😊

Aahi and Rhee loves you all ❤️.....and soon will love each other 😍😜.

Till next time

~Francy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 33K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
18.3K 428 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
80.7K 4.9K 32
"You're a sin You're a monster You don't deserve to live Don't come to my house You're a unlucky charm" She heard all these words in her life so many...
5.1M 118K 66
DARK ROMANCE "Don't please," she sobbed, shaking badly. The fear of her situation was slowly sinking in. "Please let me go, I want to go home." S...