Hired For Love

By JhaynetteVhydalz

There are more things in the inside than on the outside. The one who seeks deeper finds it. Beauty entails a... More

Prologue
The job offer.
Meeting the boss
The gossip.
My new job.
That lil bitch.
A bitch at a party.
Mr Goldberg.
The betrayal.
The two newcomers.
That lil fight.
"My" son.
The DNA test!

The movie night.

13 4 25
By JhaynetteVhydalz

It's been a successful week of working with JhayRay Arts. Today is a Friday and tonight is the movie night. Mr Goldberg has been really nice to me and we get closer and closer each day.

Sometimes I think my wages are too high. It can pay for my rents, my family, clothes and food, and trust me some little amounts would be still left.

Ben, on the hand has been really great and helpful. Both of them are not what I really expected. They are funny and friendly.

Working with them have shown me that not all bosses are knuckleheads, as rigid and uninfluential. They listen to my opinions and they've never underestimated me, my thoughts, ideas, decisions or even my opinions.

Today is going to be a nice day for the three of us, Shawn and Caleb. We would all be leaving the office at 6:00pm for the movie night.

I've been working on the movie for sometime and I'm going to present the introduction, so I work on that myself. I even kinda slept late yesterday because of the movie. The only thing I'm really trying to avoid right now is, not sleeping at the movie show.

I reach the office really early and I meet Mr Goldberg and Ben. I get his schedule for today and we head off to his first meeting for the day. The conference room is all set as we settle down with the other company to talk about important issues. I write down everything I hear till the meeting ends.

After the meeting, they chat a little individually amongst themselves before leaving whilst I arrange and pack the stuffs on the table.

"Hey, I'm Evans" a guy says to me, expecting a handshake.

"Hey!" I exclaim, louder than I planned to and giving him a handshake.

"Your name, Pls" he says.

"Oh Ann."

"Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet.."

"Err. Ann we've got to go." Mr Goldberg says taking me away from the guy, Evans."Bye" he says to Evans as we walk away.
I actually didn't really care about what just happened because Evans didn't look genuine to me.

"Hey. What was that for?" I ask him immediately we enter his office.
He looks at me for sometime and rubbing his chin,turns his face to the opposite direction, then looks at me.

"Its not everyone we talk to and befriend, Ann"

"But he came to me first and started the conversation. There is nothing wrong with chatting with someone I don't know. Besides if it is not for the fact that he doesn't look that genuine, he sounds really cool" I ended my rant with a frown.

"Hey, Calm down, Ann. You don't know the type of guy he is. Just be careful around him." he says with so much concern written all over his face.

"Am I interrupting something?" Ben asks entering the office and taking his position behind the desk.

"You can go back to working on the movie as we also get ready. Forget about what just happened. I'm sorry."Mr Goldberg says with so much remorse.

"Its fine" I say, leaving.

*****

We all leave the company together passing in front of most of the staff as they all watch us, some leave the office as they are done with the day's work.

"Ann I hope we are all set" Mr Goldberg asks, as we all enter the company van and head to Feather Arts company for the movie night. There was another van behind us, Mr Goldberg told me was full of his guards.

"Ann, so what is your introduction going to be like" Ben asks.

"Its going to be about the type of movie we are centering on, the teen fiction and a little bit of romance."

"Oh Okay,can't wait to hear cause I know you are definitely not going to tell me right here" he says in a kind of way to get me to tell him what I'm going to say as my introduction.

" Yeah. Great you know" I say sending everyone into hearty laughter.

"You know we should really know, to correct your mistakes." he says trying to be convincing.

Mr Goldberg reads out the movie set up and they think of a name for the movie as I read over my introduction.

"Caleb can you step on it a bit or we'll be late" Mr Goldberg says making Caleb drive a bit faster.

"We are here" Caleb announces parking in front of the gigantic building.

Then I see them, the tabloids coming towards us in their numbers. Gran tells me they are the public gossips.

They were all shouting on top of their voices, different questions. Then the guards from the other van came and obscured their way, preventing them from getting into direct contact with Mr Goldberg.

Ben alights from the front seat and opens the door for Mr Goldberg , I was about to move to the door where Mr Goldberg alighted when Shawn also opened my side of the door.

"I got you,Miss Mosley" he says holding my hand for me to alight and joining the others.
Caleb doesn't follow but rather finds a free parking space to park the van.

"You can call me Ann, Shawn" I tell Shawn who gives me a tight smile.

I was dressed in an orange and blue  knee length dress and Mr Goldberg was clad majestically in a black and ash New Look Kaftan which made him look very attractive.

We all walked majestically into the grand auditorium where the show was going to be held as we left the elevator. I'll say that all eyes were on us, some women sheepishly drooling over Mr Goldberg.

"Girl, he's a big catch, don't fall for him" I remember Natalie's words a chill run through my spine.

I replaced my nervousness which was coming from the lots of public figures with a permanent and fake smile.

"Ann you can do this"  I remember my Gran's words.

"Ann don't be nervous. You can do this you know. Get used to the crowd, the press and public figures" Mr Goldberg tells me as I smile back at him.

We finally get to our seat and I sit between Shawn and Mr Goldberg.

The show begins as the lights lits up the dark place. I was so occupied in my nervousness I didn't have time to take the place in.
The auditorium is gorgeously big, cold and lit.

"Why did you bring the other guards?" I ask Mr Goldberg.

"To protect me from the tabloids, you know, I'm never ready for them and also in times like these, there are a lot of attacks and stuff and I don't think I'm ready for them."

"Oh okay" I say

"I hope you are fine"

"Yes please" he smiles at me and we all direct our attention to the host as the show begins.

*****

"Shall we all give a round of applause for Trinity Arts, their idea was really a good one. Now for our last company before we start the reception,we would like to invite JhayRay Arts, one of our best companies for their ideas."

God!! My heart won't stop beating.

"Ann, you ready?"  Mr Goldberg asks with a warm smile.

"Ye..ah" I say.

"You'll be fine, trust me. " he says as we move to the stage together with Ben following behind.

I went and stood in front of the pulpit and took in a deep breathe.

"Good morning!" I shout before I realise it.
There was a reel of laughter which made me quite nervous. I also began to smile.
It looks like morning for you baby. Just think of something to cover it up.

I quickly laugh along with them.

"Just wanted to know whether you would be listening to me or not." I say making them laugh even the more. I think I'm feeling better.

"OK. So good evening everyone. Mr chairman, Distinguished guests, Highly Respected public figures, Our fellow companies, Ladies and gentlemen,I'm greatly honoured to present to all of you JhayRay Arts, your home of quality entertainment."I receive an applause from the audience which inspires me to continue.

"Forgive my manners for not mentioning my name,I'm Ann Mosley. Like each and everyone of the companies we are here to present our movie. But before that, I would like to critically analyse a few stuff.
In our current world, in order to make our movie popular ,we must know the type of movie to aim at. There are two things you have to look at. First of all, we must put into consideration the type of people and then the type of movie.
Talking about the type of people. We have children, teens and the aged or the adults. The probability of making your movie popular when you consider children is very low. As for the aged, they might not even have time to watch it or even share them with friends and others. But if we take a critical look at teens you would realise that, they would have all the time to watch it, to send it to friends, siblings, cousins and others. So when it comes to the people, we would have to focus on the teens. As for the type of movie, the teens would love some thing extraordinary that would keep them glued to the movie and feel like they are part of it, thereby making them love it."

By this time, I'm standing right behind the pulpit  as I do this.

"So placing everything together, our movie would be centered on teen fiction with a little blend of romance. So I officially present to you, audience, our presenter and presenter, your audience, I say looking back at Mr Goldberg who was looking proudly at me.

"I present to you, Mr Goldberg" I say as he receives a standing ovation from some audience, and a round of applause.

He gets up and approaches the pulpit whilst looking at me, smiling. I quickly leave the stage and take my seat beside Shawn.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would first of all like to thank you for the applause I guess was meant for my secretary. She did great. I would like to introduce our story, The Monster and the Conspiracy. This is an action movie with a little blend of romance.
It is about a young man who has braved the pyramid of Tutanakhamun, sat down with a Laibon from Masai tribe, visited the Dogon tribe of Mali and gone on many other adventures of his...why? Because he's an amazing anthropologist/ archeologist. Unfortunately, he is a terrible father who is failing to raise his son.
Worried about the welfare of his son and the prospect of losing his Manor and Museum, he enlist the help of an annoyingly happy-go-lucky teacher, Miss Simo, who manages to help him raise his son and also helps him to try and uncover the untraceable swindlers who threaten to ruin all that he has built...
Join Lin And Julian, in an action packed adventure as they face off notorious criminals, race across the continent, survive, solve puzzles, dodge death and raise a seven year old boy, all the while, trying to ignore their growing attraction for each other"

I tried not to sleep several times so I went on some social media platforms to chat till Mr Goldberg finished his presentation.

"Oh that was great." Ben says to Mr Goldberg when they came to take their seats in the midst of Mr Goldberg's applause.

"OK so the proud winner of this year's movie night is.... is.... Cerise Arts."the host says as there is a round off applause from the audience as Cerise Arts Company joins the host on stage.

There is a little bit of confusion going around in the auditorium as people whisper to themselves, creating so much noise, chaos and confusion.

I look at Mr Goldberg who is charting with Ben. I think I'm just lost in the whole show. Cerise company won, that's great. What else?

"Wait.. Wait, there's a bit of confusion going on" the host quickly says looking carefully at his list."Everyone pls settle down." He says sending the Cerise company back to their seat.

They looked a little bit nervous."There was a little problem but the right and genuine winners of this year's movie night is.... JhayRay Arts, thank you" the host concludes, sending the whole place crazy with applauds and screams from the people. Music plays in the background, creating a happy environment.

Cerise company immediately leaves the auditorium shame faced, as they chat amongst themselves.

"What's going on" I asked Mr Goldberg, as we joined the host on the stage.

"The movie they produced was not their own idea. They cheated."Mr Goldberg says.

"Oh" I say as Ben receives our award and we take our seats back at where we were seated.

"We shall all move to the gardens behind the building for the reception." The host says, playing some music in the background as people leave their seats and chat around and others making their way behind the building.

The crew and I just sit there, chatting amongst themselves as I just sit there looking around.

Mr Goldberg goes and chat with the manager of the Feather Arts Company and the hosts.

"Let's get out of here." Mr Goldberg announces when he returns from his chat with them.

Its not like I even wanted to eat anything in the first place. I know we have won. I guess  Mr Goldberg has a lot of things to do at the office. That's why we are leaving this early.

We all move to the van and its quiet. Everything is quiet as Caleb starts the car and off we go.

"They cheated" Ben says with time.

"Yeah they did" Mr Goldberg says, slowly and he sounds so sure.

"Why did we leave that early?"

"I could sense that there would be a little bit of chaos. The Cerise company are kind of vandals and are barbarians in a little kind of way. That's why they could cheat. They told the officials to cheat for them but they didn't also want to pay him so that's why the truth came out that quick. Why, did you want to eat something. We could get something and eat right now." Mr Goldberg explains.

"Oh no. Not at all." I say wishing I said the opposite of it because my tummy is really grumbling and asking for food.

I tilt myself in such a way that would help me sleep easier in the van when a phone rings.

"Ben pls take it" Mr Goldberg says giving the receiver to Ben.

"Hello... Yes....JhayRay Arts.......okay" He places the receiver down.

"Err, Feather Arts company would be visiting us on Monday to discuss the whole movie thing. They also say, they are sorry for all that" Ben tells Mr Goldberg who looks the least interested.

They start something they call a movie mash up as we drive through. We do this till we reach my apartment where I alight and enter my home.
"Bye"

"The Monster and The Conspiracy" is a book on wattpad by a great writer, EnigmaticGeek. Go check it out!!!!!!

Yeah, Bye for this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it again. Always remember that I love you no matter who you are!

Bye!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99 9 2
You suffer in a tragic love story, where, your athletic lover suffers an unfortunate accident. Think of it like this, you love to paint in favor of y...
92.6K 3.9K 20
"I want you to be present at every beck and call of mine. And your contacts with men should be very limited" "What exactly do you think I am?" "I kno...
38.3K 1.4K 42
Damon makes me feel more, he makes me feel loved, cherished, he makes me feel wanted. Even by the slightest action, I can tell, he is a caring and lo...
2.7K 211 29
OH MY GOD! There's nothing quite like being trapped with the one man you can't stand .. egotistic, pompous, and brutal. He was the epitome of opulen...