The 7 Deadly Sins: The Cursed...

By ravenmoon_

Within the realm of the Celestial Palace, where everyone maintains peace and order down to the world of morta... More

Chapter 1: The Mission
Chapter 2: Pride
Chapter 3: Envy & Wrath
Chapter 4: The Secluded House
Chapter 5: Lust On A Rouge
Chapter 6: Sloth
Chapter 7: The Underworld
Chapter 8: Gluttony and Apologies
Chapter 9: Pretentious Greed
Chapter 10: Finally Complete
Chapter 11: Broken Child
Chapter 12: Hide and Seek
Chapter 14: Double Encounters
Chapter 15: Carrot Cakes and Books
Chapter 16: Workaholic or Just Greedy?
Chapter 17: Swallow Your Pride Part 1
Chapter 18: Swallow Your Pride Part 2
Chapter 19: An Emerging Betrayal
Chapter 20: One Point For The Underworld
Chapter 21: The Slap of Failure
Chapter 22: Fears
Chapter 23: Captivity
Chapter 24: Gearing Up
Chapter 25: Save Yourself
Chapter 26: My Nightmare Came True
Chapter 27: Saved By A Traitor
Chapter 28: Who Came To Visit?
Chapter 29: Bloody Battlefield
Chapter 30: The King's Jackpot
Chapter 31: Checkmate
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: The Eclipse
Chapter 34: The Final Battle pt. 1
Chapter 35: The Final Battle pt. 2
Chapter 36: In Its Time (The Final Chapter)
The Original Ending

Chapter 13: When Love Turned into Lust

505 40 28
By ravenmoon_

It was 10 in the morning and Keonhee was on the bed, scrolling through his phone, specifically on Instagram. It wasn't intentional. He doesn't know why he just ends up looking at someone's profile.

A knock on the door was heard and Gabrielle instantly came inside. "Keonhee, are you ready--why are you still on the bed?"

Keonhee looked at Gabrielle who looks ready to go. "Where are you going?"

"It's where we are going, Keonhee. Aren't you the one who told me that you volunteer to do grocery shopping with me because you wanted to see some women?" Gabrielle looked at him in disbelief. Keonhee's mouth turned into an 'o' when he remembered what he told Gabrielle at the dinner last time.

"Am I just wasting time here? Because I can just take Seoho or Leedo with me, or I'll go alone instead. Honestly, I'm fine with being alone--"

"Okay! I'm up. I'll go with you, Darling." Keonhee said. "I didn't know you would really grant my wish." He smiled sheepishly.

"Well?" Gabrielle asked. "Why are you still there? Go, get up. We can't waste time. Xion's craving for carrot cakes."

"Goodness, you sound like a mom." Keonhee whined as he got up from bed. He started unbuttoning his top which surprised Gabrielle. "W-What are you doing!?"

Keonhee looked at Gabrielle with a smirk on his face. He approached her, still unbuttoning his shirt, both of them getting nearer to the wall behind Gabrielle. "Lee Keonhee, step back this instant!"

Gabrielle's back hit the wall and her fists were clenched in front of her chest. She closed her eyes as Keonhee finally took off his top, his perfectly sculpted body finally exposed, not to mention his collarbones. Keonhee inched his face closer to Gabrielle who squirmed in response. "Lee Keonhee, if you don't back off this instant, I'm really ready to fight!"

Keonhee looked at Gabrielle's cute fists and her adorable face.

She's so small and precious, he thought.

He laughed and moved backwards. "I'm just joking. You should've seen your face, Darling."

Gabrielle opened her eyes and glared at Keonhee. She instantly hit his chest with her fist. "You even have the nerve to have fun right now, eh? You could have started taking a bath but here you are standing with... Whatever."

He laughed again. "Standing with what, darling?" He teased and Gabrielle's face was slowly turning red. "Don't even start! One more word and I'll go grocery shopping alone!"

"Alright, I'll stop!" He laughed with his hands on the air. "Geez, now you sound like a wife."

"Lee Keonhee..." She warned him. Keonhee instantly ran towards the bathroom. Before he closed the door, he peeked out. "Wait for me, wifey." He teased for one last time and closed the door before Gabrielle's slippers hit his face.

°°°°°

"Didn't you say you want to go grocery shopping?" Keonhee smirked at Gabrielle who was looking at the list of movies at the cinema. "This looks like a date, wifey."

"Stop calling me wifey, Keonhee, or I won't let you find someone to marry. You won't get married for the rest of your life."

"It's okay. I already found one." Keonhee shrugged his shoulders and looked at Gabrielle. "She's here."

One glare from Gabrielle got him to stand straight. "Shutting up."

"Yoojung might not like it if you talk to me like that." Gabrielle muttered under her breath. Keonhee looked at her when he heard her talk. He didn't hear her so he asked. "What did you say?"

"Nothing." Gabrielle shook head and smiled at him. "I want to watch this."

°°°°°

Keonhee glanced at Gabrielle who is already crying beside him. He had given her his handkerchief and she used it so well. "Why is this so sad, Keonhee? He didn't mean it. He wasn't cheating on her."

Keonhee just chuckled as he watch Gabrielle wipe the tears that just keeps on coming. She really looked so cute in his eyes.

Until her expression changed.

"What!? The end!? That was the end!? It's over!?" Gabrielle asked in disbelief, her eyes looking at the black screen with the credits rolling. She looked at the people walking out of the cinema. People were looking at her. This was the first time she let people see her because she wanted to feel human once.

"Apparently, that really was how they should end up. They think their relationship is getting toxic and unhealthy so I don't think they have to stay together anymore. They just have to go to their separate ways." Keonhee explained, trying to ease Gabrielle's heartbroken face.

"But they love each other... They can fix that." Gabrielle looked so sad. She has learned a lot from the movie. From love, dating, pain, and toxicity.

"Darling, the movie would go three hours if that's the case. Let's just wait for a sequel, okay? I think there will be one, I guess." Keonhee thought and Gabrielle's eyes lit up. "Really? Then let's come back here when they release the sequel!" She wiped away her tears and pulled Keonhee by the hand.

"I'm already fine so let's go grocery shopping!" Keonhee just watched Gabrielle hold his hand once again. Just like the first day they met, but this time, his stomach stirred. It felt different than the first time. He couldn't describe it.

When they both got out of the cinema, Keonhee came to an abrupt stop when he saw a familiar face in front of him. She saw him and stopped as well.

"Keonhee?" The lady asked with her brows furrowed in confusion, her hand still intertwined with the guy she's with. Gabrielle looked at her and Keonhee. She concluded that this was Yoojung. Keonhee's first love.

"Yoojung?" Keonhee asked, but with a low voice. When he finally saw her in front of him after two years, everything went back to him like a wave.

°°°°°

"I love you." Yoojung whispered at Keonhee's ear.

Keonhee, who was busy admiring the stars above them, looked at Yoojung in surprise. "W-What...?"

She giggled. "I love you. I'm saying yes."

Keonhee stood up from the red blanket underneath them. "Really? Y-yes? We're finally dating?"

Yoojung nodded with a with smile on her face. "Yes, Keonhee. I'm all yours already." Keonhee covered his mouth with his hands as he paced around his place.

"Finally! I'm finally hers!" Keonhee yelled through the cold night sky and Yoojung laughed. Her laugh was music to his ears.

He turned around and crouched down beside Yoojung to give her a kiss. She smiled at the kiss before kissing back.

Ever since they were young, Keonhee already liked her and he didn't even expect he'd fall in love with her so deeply when they grew up. At eighth grade, Keonhee finally had the courage to confess his feelings to Yoojung. She likes him too but they were so young at that time so she decided to see how long this will go. Every effort Keonhee has done for her reached her heart and planted its roots there. She fell deeply in love with him too. She thought this was the right time to finally risk it.

°

For three years, they have officially dated. They were so happy and despite of Yoojung's hectic schedules because of modelling, they still have time for each other.

Until everything changed as if a magician snapped its fingers.

It was Yoojung's birthday and Keonhee decided to surprise her at her company. He held a bouquet of roses on his right hand. He already had their table reserved at their favorite restaurant.

When Keonhee opened the door to Yoojung's room, he thought his heart stopped at what he saw in front of him.

Yoojung was sitting on the desk with a man standing between her legs. They were both kissing at the moment, her arms snaked around his neck and his hands resting on her waist. When they pulled away the man rested his forehead against Yoojung's. "Happy birthday, baby. I love you so much."

"I love you too." Yoojung replied with the same sweet smile she has, but now it was not a smile meant for Keonhee. It was for another man.

Keonhee dropped the roses on the ground and the couple looked at them. Yoojung's face was filled with shock as she saw Keonhee right at the door. "Keonhee...?"

"Sir, Keonhee, you can't go in yet." Chaejin, Yoojung's bestfriend and manager, entered the room in panic and realized she was late. Keonhee looked at Chaejin and then back at Yoojung who finally stood up. The man she was kissing just looked at Keonhee at ease.

Keonhee shook his head. "I can't believe this." He walked out of the room and made his way to his car. Yoojung followed him behind, still yelling his name. Everyone was looking at them but she didn't care.

"Keonhee, wait! Please, let's talk." Yoojung begged when they reached the parking lot. She grabbed Keonhee's wrist where in return was harshly pulled away from her grasp.

"Talk!? You want to talk!?" Keonhee snapped at her. "Or do you want me to hear your excuses? Yoojung, I saw and heard everything with my own eyes! You can't lie to me and tell me it was an accident or something!"

"Keonhee, please..." Yoojung begged, her eyes tearing up.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he raked his hair back. He felt disgusted of how she has the audacity to cry. "Since when? How long?"

"W-what?"

"Since when did you start cheating?" Keonhee asked. He didn't want to ask because he doesn't want to get hurt even more... But he asked anyways, he doesn't even know why. Humans are really stupid.

Yoojung closed her eyes and swallowed a lump on her throat. "One year."

Keonhee didn't know how deep his heart has already sunk but he felt it dropping down even deeper into the endless abyss. "One year... That's almost half of our years being together."

He gritted his teeth. "But why? Did I lack anything? Did I hurt you? I did everything for you, Yoojung. I understood you and your career. You rarely had time for me but I understood you. I've waited for almost ten years to have you. I loved you for so long but wasn't that enough?"

"Keonhee, I'm so sorry." Yoojung looked away. Keonhee fell silent, ready to listen for the explanation. "I did love you, I truly did. I feel so loved when I'm with you. I feel so safe even when we were still young. I have always wanted to say yes when you confessed to me but I had to wait. We had to wait. That time came and I was as happy as you were."

"So where did it go wrong?" Keonhee asked, not looking at her. He rested his back on his car with his hands on his pockets, his hidden hands that were clenched into fists. Tears were fighting to flow out but he held it in.

Yoojung bit her lip. "I don't even know. I just think it disappeared. It was wavering especially when Yeosang came. I didn't know when and why but my heart started beating for another man. I tried to stop myself from liking him but I couldn't help it. I'm so sorry."

"You should have told me. You should have told me that you already started loving someone else. I'd hear your explanations and accept it because I love you. I'd let you go." He began.

"You didn't have to keep it from me for a year. For a year, Yoojung! I was a fool for one year. Your bestfriend even knows about this--or probably the whole company. They're probably laughing at how stupid I must have looked like when I came in to surprise you. I should've worn a clown costume when I came here."

Yoojung looked so guilty. "I'm really sorry, Keonhee. Let's just stay as friends, ple--"

Keonhee scoffed, he finally looked at her. "Friends? You even have the nerve to ask me to stay as friends? After what you did to me? I'm sorry too, Yoojung. I can't stay as your friend anymore. I'd rather live like we're strangers. Thank you for everything."

That was the last thing Keonhee said to Yoojung before he entered his car and leave. Yoojung was left at the parking lot, the though of Keonhee out of her life slowly sinking in.

Keonhee drove without a destination in his mind. He just drove and drove with his tears finally released from being held back in front of her.

°

After a few months of being lost to himself, Keonhee turned into a different person. He went out with so many ladies but he never dated any one of them. Pleasure was what he only seeks. One night stands have become his thing. One lady after another. Sometimes two or three.

Who knows? He isn't the same Keonhee as before.

°°°°°

"It's been a long time, Keonhee." Yoojung smiled.

"Yeah, it's been a long time, Yoojung." Keonhee replied, his eyes looking at the lady he once loved so much but gave him pain in the end. He shortly looked at the guy Yoojung is with and he concluded it's Yeosang.

So, it's still them up until now.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Yoojung looked at Gabrielle with her eyebrows raised. Keonhee's breath was caught on his throat. Did she just think I'm dating someone else?

Keonhee cleared his throat and looked at Gabrielle. "Well, she's Gabrielle. She's my--"

"Girlfriend. I'm Keonhee's girlfriend. Nice to meet you." Gabrielle interrupted Keonhee as she intertwined her fingers with his. She recently just learned about this from the movie they watched. She was glad they watched this.

Keonhee looked at her in shock and Gabrielle just smiled sweetly at him. She squeezed his hand, reassuring him that all is well and that she is here for him.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend." Keonhee nervously replied as he raised their intertwined hands.

Yoojung looked at their hands and smiled widely. "Really? How about we go on a double date? You're not busy, aren't you, guys?"

Keonhee nervously laughed. "Well, we're going groce--"

"Oh, we're totally free!" Gabrielle interrupted him once again. Keonhee gave her a questioning look but she ignored him and just squeezed his hand.

"Cool! Where do you guys wanna go eat? Let's get to know each other!" Yoojung talked while Yeosang was beside her, still quiet.

"Let's go eat some ice cream." Gabrielle suggested and they all agreed. Keonhee and Gabrielle were behind them.

"What are you up to?" Keonhee whined. He felt like he wanted to go home already.

"You're going to face this either way, Keonhee. And I suppose this is the best timing." Gabrielle told him. She gave him a wide smile which somehow calmed Keonhee. "Don't worry, I already said I'm here for you, okay? I won't let your hand go and I won't let you get hurt."

Gabrielle's words hugged Keonhee's heart, making it warm and safe. Safe from any heartbreak unlike before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 260 35
When 2 of the oldest members of ATEEZ get stressed, they can't help themselves but slip into little space. They always took care of each other when o...
11.8K 781 49
(In Editing/ Fixed Chapters will say edited) Being a prince, king, or guards can be one thing but when you add demons and reincarnations what do you...
7.1K 531 24
"LIVED AND DEVIL" Everything began from Helios' jealousy towards the monarchs. Six monarchs are conflicted on whether to take the blood of the prophe...
27.7K 1.4K 14
❝y'all batches❞ » in which oneus make a group chat for themselves, but then made the dumb decision to add ateez, causing immense chaos in the said gr...