Who Cares?

By MischievousAtHeart

[A Villain Rehab BNHA story] Who knew that the No. 3 Villain will get caught? What's funnier is that he is a... More

Chapter 1 - Apprehended
Chapter 2 - Punishment
Chapter 3 - Introduction
Chapter 4 - Revelation
Chapter 5 - Reason
Chapter 6 - Test
Chapter 7 - Deal
Chapter 8 - Mock Battle Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Mock Battle Pt. 2
Chapter 10 - Recovery
Chapter 11 - Regrets
Chapter 12 - Happy Death Day
Chapter 13 - Uneasy Reunion
Chapter 14 - Faux
Chapter 16 - That's what friends are for
Chapter 17 - A slice of truth
Chapter 18 - Bitter Truth
Chapter 19 - Down the memory lane
Chapter 20 - Opening the Pandora's Box
Chapter 21 - Standing on last legs
Chapter 22 - Kill me, Heal me
Chapter 23 - Omitted

Chapter 15 - Playing with fire

6.9K 153 26
By MischievousAtHeart

A/N ~ This is an obvious spoiler for the ones who don't know Kurogiri's true identity, so I apologize in advance and you can decide to skip out his chapter if you want. If anyone is confused (especially I used the word devices here more than I intended) please do ask in the comments, I'll try to explain. Yeah, to put it simply, I just wrote off what is on my mind, and I think I fucked up in this chapter but oh well. 

______

"All heroes in the vicinity of Osaka City Mall and nearby regions, please respond. A villain attack occurred in the said mall and the villain is at large having all civilians as hostages due to the claim there is a bomb inside. Please proceed with caution."

Eraserhead listened through the intercom, and can't help but feel worried. Hizashi and Oboro decided to shop in that said mall for their day-off on the weekend, and a villain attack occurred on the same day? Something must be really wrong. He knows that his friends can fight until help arrives because they still brought their costumes along, but since this is a bombing situation, what if he is too late?

"Heroes Present Mic and Gang Orca were out, Hero Loud Cloud was taken captive. Nearby Heroes respond to the scene, over."

Panic spiked through Aizawa's chest, as he sped up his pace towards the mall. This was supposed to be their day-off after the hectic week of preparing the internships and training of the first years', why would this happen now?

As he burst through the entrance, he suddenly skidded to a halt, seeing that there are about three groups of civilians in every part of the mall except the third floor. He tried to approach a group that was near him, but as soon as he thought he could reach the civilians, he felt something hard hit his hand, like a wall separating him from the hostages. After his attempt, a woman pointed to a device that was in the middle of the group, and he realized that was probably the thing that creates the wall, or a forcefield that surrounds the groups of civilians.

A voice rang somewhere, which caught the attention of the Erasure Hero. He looked up and saw the owner of the voice. The villain looks like he was arguing on his phone. He took that distraction and wasted no time as he ran through the stairs to get up on the said floor before the villain can see him.

Meanwhile, in the third floor, minor heroes' body littered everywhere, but none were dead and was just knocked out cold. Present Mic was also out, with an injury in his throat and his speakers bashed through, and Gang Orca was out due to the massive burns that littered his body. The latter seemed not to be waking up soon because of said injuries.

Only Loud Cloud was still conscious on the said floor, with his mouth gagged, preventing him from screaming. He was tied up in pillar, and he saw what this villain did to all these heroes, including his best friend.

"Deku, have you acquired the target?" A voice spoke through the villains' phone, and the hero visibly paled when he heard the name.

That was the name Tsukauchi told them to be careful for.

Dread settled in his stomach when the said villain looked to him in the eye, but that fear was soon replaced by confusion, as he did not saw any sign of malice in that pair of eyes, a common emotion in the eyes amongst the villains.

"Shirakumo? Yeah. He was behind me now, I tied him. Apparently, we need to retreat now, because the flaming shit of garbage is on his way now, and I hones don't want to detonate this so please hurry the fuck up." The villain, Deku snarled, as he angrily hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket, whilst he was tapping his foot, a sign of impatience.

The villain was wearing a suit with a mask, but due to his stature, Shirakumo knew the villain was either a young adult with very short height or for worse, a child. He has red eyes, but it looks very unnatural, so he assumed it was eye contacts.

And as if on cue, the flaming shit of garbage, yes Shirakumo somehow agreed on that, Endeavor burst through the stairs of the left wing on of the third floor and ran towards the villain, shooting his flames ablaze towards the general direction. The villain jumps and dodges the flames that were thrown at him, resulting in some stores caught up on fire and was later engulfed in flames.

But before Endeavor can even reach the villain, another villain was seen running down the stairs and burst his blue flames to distract Endeavor. Endeavor seemed to notice the villain and shifted his aim towards the fire quirked villain, and shot his flames to the newcomer. The newcomer simply dodged it and the establishment behind the villain was caught up on fire.

"Finally, you turkey! Distract him for a moment, the moment we got out, I'll get you out of the oven!" Deku shouted, and he began on taking the tie off the hero, but before he can even retaliate, Deku punched him in the neck, direct to the pressure point to override his system and knock him out cold.

"Who says I need your saving squirt? Just let me roast the chicken will 'ya?" The villain yelled as he dodged Endeavor's flames, and shot him with the flames of his own. The fight between the two escalates, with more properties caught up on their attacks, and Deku used that distraction to try getting out of the scene.

"Fine, whatever you say." Deku picked up the body of the downed hero, and was making his way to the stairs in the middle wing of the third floor. He was already in the first step of the staircase when he dropped the hero to cover his ears in an attempt to save his eardrums, as Present Mic jolted awake and used his quirk. The moment he dropped the hero, a white binding cloth shot from behind and took the downed hero away from him. Eraserhead placed the said hero, his friend, away from the villain's reach and the fight of Endeavor, and turned to face the short villain.

Said two heroes were now only meters away from said villain, and Deku turned around to face the heroes once Mic stopped using his quirk.

"Mic, don't aggravate your injuries," Eraserhead said and pointed to his own throat. Mic looked at him in confusion but realized that he had an injury to his throat. It looks like a small cut sitting on the top of his throat, but then after a while, he felt a sting on his neck, feeling that it was deep enough to further cause complications if he uses his quirk too much.

Deku rolled his eyes at the conversation of the two and immediately lunged for Mic, as he was the one who was more dazed than the other hero.

Eraserhead shot his capture weapon and ran towards the villain, and the villain sidestepped even from behind, dodging it. He shot it again and again, the villain is just dodging it every time it was supposed to make a contact. The villain jumped on the air to avoid his weapon, but Aizawa took that to his advantage and tried to put the villain off-balance. Unlucky for him, the said villain just flipped out of the way and was now in front of Mic. Mic tried to kick the villain in the face, but Deku caught the foot and flipped the voice hero out of his feet, and pinned him to the ground. Deku smiled under the mask as he aimed a punch to Mic's throat, but the pro managed to get out of the villains' grasp thanks to Aizawa's capture weapon and dodged the punch that made contact on the ground. With a punch that was supposed to make contact on the villain's face but just slips through the smaller villain's hair, they ensued in a fight.

Mic restrained himself from using a quirk, reserving it for the moment Aizawa can put the villain lose his balance. He knew that if it wasn't for Aizawa's capture weapon that the villain needs to dodge every time, he will be knocked out by now. Seeing the villain was fast and nimble, not to mention that the villain is sure short enough to evade all the attacks coming from tall men, and possesses a great prowess on hand-to-hand combat. The fight soon escalates, but even though they were in a two-to-one fight, the villain doesn't seem to sweat it as he dodges all the attacks from the said heroes. The villain was more on fighting Eraserhead, as Mic was injured and Deku was able to read the Voice Hero's movements more easily than the Erasure Hero.

Eraserhead stumbled backward as he was punched in the jaw, but used his capture weapon to catch the villain off guard as he saw him shift his position to target Mic, who seemed unaware of the attack directed at him. The villain seemed to grin under the mask as he faced Eraserhead, and he pulled the capture weapon towards him, making the hero lose his footing. At the moment the villain was distracted, Mic used his quirk, but it seems all of the people on the floor heard it except for the said villain they were fighting. He dodged a knife that was flying towards him that came out of nowhere, and proceeded to help Eraserhead all the while using his quirk.

At this Eraserhead assumed that the villain was using a quirk, and indeed the moment Aizawa used his quirk on the villain, he backed away and covered his ears. But he knew that the villain was still aware of his surroundings, and Mic's quirk will not last long.

He aimed a punch at the villain but the villain caught it by his hands and pushed the hero away, much to his surprise. The villain threw a knife at him which he narrowly dodged, then he saw the villain shift his gaze on the downed hero earlier. Deku ran towards the direction where the hero was resting, and seeing the villain ran towards their friend, Eraserhead and Present Mic was directly now on tail of the villain.

The villain skidded to a halt as his accomplice, the tall villain who uses a fire quirk was thrown on his way, and was now in front of him.

Eraserhead was sure he heard the shorter villain utter curses under his breath and quickly pulled his accomplice away from the heroes on the scene and towards Loud Cloud, who was still unconscious. Once the villain was now in front of the hero, only then he pulled the hero's body towards him. How he can carry and pull two people who was larger than his size? He didn't even want to know.

Endeavor was the one who threw the taller villain that Eraserhead now realized that was full of gnarled scars, and was running towards them, shooting flames all over the scene, not caring if the establishments were caught on fire. Pretty sure by now a fourth of the third floor was engulfed in fire, and was slowly spreading its way towards the other establishments.

The shorter villain then put out a device that is full of buttons, and Eraserhead and Present Mic froze. Though it seems that Endeavor was oblivious to it, as he was still shooting his flames towards the direction of the villain that just dodges the flames again.

The villain looked back to where the flames have gone, it seemed to anger him that the flames had almost set the bodies of his accomplice and Loud Cloud on fire, and was huffing on anger.

"I don't really know why there is a hero like you who was nothing but garbage! It seems I need to take it up a notch!" The villain screamed as he pointed on Endeavor and pressed a button in his device.

Eraserhead tried to use his capture weapon to swat the device away from the villain's hands, but he was a step too late as a loud explosion rang beneath them, specifically the right wing of the second floor, where Present Mic paled as he was certain that there is a group of civilians that were trapped by a forcefield right under them.

Deku stood up, gritting his teeth in anger, and looked again to his friend and captive, both still unconscious. He felt a little wave of guilt surge in him, but he just can't help his anger especially if one hurts his friend, and lucky for Endeavor he was number one on his personal hit list. Oh well, not that people literally died in that explosion, it was just a logical ruse, used to tick off the heroes.

All the hostages were in fact being kept just on the first floor, grouped in three groups, and the people they saw on the second floor were all just clones, clones made from a program he made along with the forcefield that encages the civilians in the first floor. Does he plan to kill everybody here? No, he was just going for a show like crusty hand man told him. So what he will do when the bombs all detonated? He'll just have the clones replace the civilians, make them forget by a gas infused by a certain drug that can stimulate nerve cells to dull their memory (why a kid got hold of this kind of drug? Answer's simple, he's a villain, and he loves science) and use that as a gateway to make the civilians escape all along to distract the heroes then leave the scene with their captive. It's that simple of a plan, except that he totally forgot that there is a certain hero that never really cared for the civilians in the first place.

He pulled out a gun and shot Eraserhead's leg, knowing that he is the only one who can stand a fight in him here, and lucky for Deku, the Erasure Hero was not fast enough to dodge it. The bullet contained a liquid that can paralyze who was ever shot by it for a few minutes, and by that, as soon as Eraserhead realized he was shot, he slumped to a wall nearby, but was caught by Present Mic before he can hit his head on it. Mic now felt his throat becoming raw, probably from his quirk usage earlier. He tried to say words to Aizawa, who was on the verge of falling unconscious, but nothing came out of his mouth. He also crashed to the ground as another gunshot was heard, and he felt something embed itself in his leg. It seems to numb his whole body the second it was on his body, and he dropped in front of Aizawa, lying on top of his legs, who has his face full of concern.

"Zashi..." The erasure hero groaned as he felt nothing in his body listen to him, and looked to his friend. Yamada wanted to say something, but all comes out of his mouth is unintelligible sounds.

"Take a move closer and I'll make sure no one gets out alive." The villain warned Endeavor with a creepy grin, contradicting the seriousness of his words, but the said hero was enraged by his predicament as he knew he was cornered, so he let that anger get a hold of him and shot another barrage of flame towards the villain, which he was unable to dodge due to how huge it is.

Half of his body was set on fire, but the said villain was just gritting his teeth to stifle a scream from the pain. Though that was enough to awaken his accomplice, and as he saw the shorter villain caught on fire,

"Oh, for fuck's sake! Dabi jump over!" Deku rolled to the side to put out the fire, then smashed the glass in the railing behind his accomplice once the fire is out. Aizawa noticed the villain throw another device to Dabi, which wasted no time, and activated it, and then jumped over the edge along with the body of Loud Cloud. Deku pressed another button on his earlier device, and another loud explosion rang on the second floor, which was located in the left wing of it. With two foundations out, the third floor now trembles, and debris was now falling out of everywhere.

Deku looked to his body, which he frowned as he was left with charred and burnt clothes that now adorned his body, luckily, he made his mask fire-proof, and so his identity was safe. The villain snarled and pulled out the similar device he had given to his accomplice earlier, and jumped out of the edge before another wave of Endeavor's flames can even reach him.

Endeavor gritted his teeth when he saw the villain escape, but once he saw the two heroes who were shot earlier, who was now moving a bit, assuming the bullet's effect worn out, he slowly approached them, dodging debris falling out of the ceiling now and then. He helped them stand up, and was just right on time as a large chunk of cement falls out of the ceiling from where the two heroes lay earlier.

The only exit available on the third floor was the middle wing stairs, and all of them immediately ran to it, with debris falling down behind them with every step. They all just hope that the heroes who were still on that floor can somehow make it alive in this disaster.

In the first floor, Deku landed safely using his device to parachute down, which Dabi did earlier in the same fashion. Deku then growled at the civilians that were looking at them, but his growl was cut short by All Might's signature line.

"Do not fear, for I AM HERE!" All Might shouted, which gained looks of relief in the civilians, promptly ignoring that they were trapped in a force field in the first place.

"Ah, All Might. I am glad you made it. Well, seeing that the number one is here, two can play this game." Deku chuckled under his mask, his features highlighting his grin underneath.

"Your time has come, villain. Please surrender or we will have to use force." All Might tried to reason, but that only made Deku's grin widened even more.

Unbeknownst to the number one hero, said villain has his device full of buttons again in his back, and pushed the necessary buttons using one hand all the while monologuing.

"You see, I planted three explosives in the whole vicinity, two of which already went out and presumably killed the civilians. The last one is the real deal though, and you have ten minutes to put it off. So which is it gonna be, hero? You have three options in this scenario, choose wisely." Deku said, the last part in a more hushed and serious tone, and made his way to his accomplice who was now tying Shirakumo.

All Might knew that he doesn't have a choice in this, and decided to try and break the forcefield. When it proved to be useless for the whole minute, he gave up and decided to fight the villain, leaving the other heroes to the task of finding the bomb.

His limit is nearing its end, he probably has a good fifteen minutes at this point, and that is if it wasn't cut short of him dying. He pushed the thought away, no he will not die by a simple bombing like this, but he knew deep inside that he is scared. For him and the people in this mall. There is no time to waste, and he aimed a punch at the shorter villain which looks like was unaware of him.

Unfortunate for him, Deku already knew what All Might's choice going to be from the very beginning of this whole bombing situation, and he already pulled a few strings (more like created things from materials from shady businesses) that can protect him from All Might's attacks. Yes, he was that prepared for this moment even though Shigaraki only informed him of this mission this morning. Yeah, he is not paranoid. Not at all.

The punch All Might directed at him made a huge shockwave, blasting him away and the other two behind him a few meters, but he managed to pull his greatest creation just on time. The entire floor was now covered in smoke, and he decided to look behind him for a moment to ensure that his fucker of a friend is alive. Seeing his scarred friend's condition and then at his device, he steadied himself, before he smiled at his success.

The smoke slowly cleared and All Might was shocked to see the villain was still standing from that much force, it was god damn 50% of his power! And yet the villain is standing there, a blue almost transparent thing that somehow resembles the forcefield that encages the villains covered him from the shockwave that occurred earlier.

A few gasps from the civilians are heard, and somehow, police decided that this is the time that they better do a distraction for the number one hero, which is a word that was never pleasant to their ears. A shoot-out.

Guns blazed towards the villain, and All Might use that distraction to take out the villain, only failing miserably as all his attacks were sustained by the blue transparent thing that covered the villain.

Deku then started to laugh seeing the man's frustration from all the punches directed at his creation, only three minutes are left, and he guessed now was the time to pull of his ace card.

"Is that all Yagi?" The villain cooed, which made the hero froze for a moment.

How does the villain know that?

"One thing is for sure, Yagi-san. Your attacks were indeed powerful. But what will you do if that was used against you?" The villain laughed, as he pressed a button underneath his sleeve, and it made the blue transparent thing change and glow to a menacing green.

It was all too fast, as that device released all the shock it collected through all of All Might's attacks, and blasted it to the hero.

All the people in the vicinity were blasted away, including the number one hero and the pros who were helping him through the wall, the police had all their weapons now out of their hands, and many of them hit the concrete that bad, making them unconscious.

Only the civilians were unharmed by the shockwave because of the forcefield, though Deku can now only see a few people that were still standing from that attack.

He grinned as Dabi put a hand in his shoulder, signifying that their work here is done, and made their way in the clear area where he had hidden the last bomb before the heroes can attack again.

Only a minute left, when the flaming trash bag appeared and dropped Izuku's favorite heroes (to mess with) in the ground where All Might is, and saw the villains. It is quite a shock that seemingly the two villains did not notice Endeavor's presence, probably because he was in the right entrance, and the villains were now walking towards the left entrance.

All Might stood up from his place, and scanned the pros who helped him earlier. They were all unconscious, which was not a surprise considering how big that attack was. He himself knew that the shockwave did quite a damage to his other injury, probably taking another hour away from his hero form.

He did saw Eraserhead and Present Mic was still conscious and standing, he assumed the reason must be that they were not directly involved in that attack earlier. He knew that their quirks were useless in situations like this, so he just told them to wait and do not let their injuries get worse. Though he was surprised when the underground hero pointed at the body behind the two villains, and the voice hero beside him whispered,

"Please, save him."

All Might realize that the body behind the two villains was a hero, based on the costume, and by now was injured though he was still tied up. He aimed an attack to the villain again, this time trying to avoid the flame hero and the hero behind the two villains. He moved to the only spot in the area that ensured that conditions and was readying to fire One for All when a sudden barrage of flames erupted from Endeavor that made its way to the villain.

Sadly Deku was unaware of this, but Dabi was, and jumped to the shorter villain to move them away from the huge wave of flames.

Time slow motioned as Deku's eyes widen.

He did forget to tell Dabi the specific location where the last bomb is.

And panicked more when he realized the direction where the flames were making their way.

He hid the last bomb where his mother previously died.

And that is in the fountain near the left entrance of this mall.

All his plans were wasted on flames.

Just like how his mother died, he can't save everyone. He just destroys them.

He doesn't have a choice now. He pushed a button on his sleeve to try to stop the bomb, but he was too late.

Once the flames reached the fountain, a certain tick was heard, and the fountain blew up a large explosion that made All Might blast away again, but Endeavor stood from his position with a panicked and shocked expression, as he made his way for once towards the civilians and tried to save them.

Keyword: tried.

Izuku let out a tear from his eyes as Dabi was clutching him away from the explosion, but it seems they were not going to make it at the entrance, and gave his friend a smile as he pushed a button that hopefully can save Dabi from this explosion, and Shirakumo.

He was blaming himself now, for he forgot that he installed a fail-safe in the devices that encages the civilians. A fail-safe where he would rather die with people all of here than go back to the league. Yeah, great mentality, now he put his friend at risk.

The moment Endeavor reached the civilians, the devices that encaged the civilians put off its forcefield.

Some civilians gasped in relief, before getting fried by the explosion that erupted from the devices that encages them in a forcefield earlier.

Wails and screams are heard, and the pro heroes that were still not taken by the Medic Team outside were already in action trying to help but they were too late.

All Might was at the same pace as Endeavor, trying to save civilians from the explosion and fire, but they were too late.

And that day is recorded in history where heroes failed their jobs. Many Heroes died, and over a hundred civilians were declared deceased.

That day marked the debut of the villain organization called League of Villains. When Shigaraki saw what show Deku did, he was giving off a proud smile as he cackled on the T.V in front of him.

And that day made Deku realize the villain he is.

___________________

It's really funny, considering you died a hero and became a villain, right Oburo-san?

Izuku shot a painful smile to his friends who were down the hall, and they all understood what it meant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
812K 37.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
556K 34.1K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
300K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc