Hayden

By Drea14_ac

(Spin-off to My New Baby + My Baby Girl - Book 3 of 3) Hayden hears something he shouldn't of, between his Mo... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 20.

335 9 4
By Drea14_ac

That night, I didn't even sleep. All I kept thinking about was Avery, and how much I was going to miss her. Jacob had invited me to hang out with him, but I refused the offer. I really wasn't in the mood to see him, or anyone else for that matter. I was locked in my room for the rest of the day, even my parents seemed worried for me. I didn't tell them anything though, I felt like I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Grace at one point kept banging on my door, begging me to let her in. Eventually I had to. As it turns out, Grace was the one who put Jacob up to the whole going out thing. She was worried too, and thought a night out with the boys would help me. She was wrong though, nothing could ease my pain right now. I really felt like Avery was taking a part of me, and leaving me hallow inside. I've never had this feeling before, I've never experienced this sort of heart break and pain.

"Can you talk to me? I know something's up. Mom and Dad are worried too," Grace said. She took a seat on my bed, while I was laying down on it.

I wasn't keeping my pain a secret, at least not from Grace. She knows about Avery, she's the only person that really knows about Avery. I just didn't want to talk about it, if I talked about it it would make it more real. It felt real enough. I knew I couldn't just keep ignoring my family though, they really are worried.

"Avery left," was all I said to her. Grace furrowed her eyebrows at me, she seemed confused.

"What do you mean she left?" Grace asked. I rolled my eyes, but sat up on the bed. I just didn't want to go into detail with this, but knew I had to.

"She's moving foster homes. She's moving to Pleasington, which is like three or four hours away. She doesn't want to try for long distance, so she pretty much just dropped me," I explained.

"You two weren't a thing though, right? I mean, as far as I know you're still with Savannah," Grace pointed out.

"Yeah, I'm so stupid that I'm literally still with her. To answer your question though, no we weren't officially together. We kissed, and I mean at one point we even... you know. But we weren't together. She didn't want to be in a relationship with me, she never wanted to make it official. This is why though, because she knew at one point she would have to leave again," I explained to Grace. Grace smiled at me.

"Aw, who knew my brother actually had a heart. I've never seen you like this over a girl," Grace said amused. I rolled my eyes at her, and laid back down.

"I'm really not in the mood for jokes," I said to her.

"Okay, I'm sorry you're right," Grace apologized. In frustration, I covered my face with my hands.

"I wish there was some way I could just keep her here," I mumbled into my hands.

Grace stayed for a bit, before I heard her gasp. I uncovered my face, to look at her. She wore this goofy smile.

"It's a long shot, but you can always ask Uncle David to take her in. Him and Aunt Julie are foster parents, remember?" Grace suggested.

"Grace, I don't think that's how the foster system works," I said to her.

"I don't know how it works either, but you can always try. I mean would rather say you tried, or just give up? Just talk to him, maybe he can even give you another idea on how to keep her here," Grace said. I smiled at her, it actually wasn't a bad idea.

"Should I go now?" I asked Grace sitting up on the bed. Grace glanced on the alarm clock on my night stand, and she kind of cringed.

"Wait until tomorrow, maybe you can go after school?" Grace suggested. I shook my head at her, there was no way I was waiting half the day. The more I wait, the longer Avery's gone.

"I'll go right now. It's barely nine o'clock, I'm pretty sure he's still awake. Besides, he's the one that always says if we need anything to just go on by. I need him right now, so I'm taking him up on his offer," I said to her getting off the bed.

I grabbed a jacket, and slid my shoes on. Why didn't I think of Uncle David? He's in our life, but not as much as an uncle should. He's just usually busy with his foster kids. He has to deal with the social workers, and at one point he even had five different kids with him. I left my room, leaving Grace inside it. I had my keys, and phone. I was ready to go to his house.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to Uncle David's I'll be right back!" I yelled out. I didn't wait for a respond, I just left out the front door. I couldn't be wasting anymore time. Enough time has been wasted already.

I drove my car to Uncle David's house. I tried not to speed, but it was hard to follow the speed limit. I felt like I was in such a rush to get to his house, I needed to talk to him about Avery. I hope there's something he could do to bring her back. If he wouldn't be able to, I don't know what I'd do.

As soon as I got to his house, I got out of my car and practically ran to the front porch. Uncle David lived in this big house. It had two floors, and I believe five or six rooms. I wasn't sure on the exact number of rooms. We've been over to his house a few times, but not enough to fully remember the place. I knocked on the door, as soon as I reached it. I couldn't wait another minute, not being able to talk to him about Avery.

Soon after, the door opened. I smiled as I saw my Uncle standing there. Uncle David was a tall, blond man. He looked nothing like my Dad, and that's because they were both adopted. From what I know Uncle David was adopted first, followed by my Dad. Then Aunt Paris joined the family, and lastly Aunt Isabella. That's probably why Uncle David got into the fostering children system. He was in it, before he was adopted.

"Hayden, what are you doing here so late?" He asked me.

I didn't answer him, I pushed past him and into his house. I felt comfortable enough with my Uncle to do this, I knew he wouldn't turn me away.

"I need you to help me with a problem I have," I said to him.

Uncle David closed the door behind him. He walked over to the couch, and took a seat there. He signaled me to take a seat as well, but I didn't wan to. I wanted to stay standing, and just pace around to distract myself from the situation.

"What is it?" Uncle David asked.

"How many foster children do you have right now?" I asked him.

Uncle David and Aunt Julie never had kids of their own. Something about being way too many kids without parents as it is. Also, he's never adopted a child either. He wanted to keep his house open to all the foster kids he could. Some do leave, because they're getting adopted or just being repositioned. None of them have ever left because Uncle David doesn't want them though, he always keeps them for as long as he can.

"I have three, why?" Uncle David asked.

"Do you have room for one more?" I asked him.

Uncle David stood up from the couch, he looked really confused. Maybe I should of explained the situation, before I just started asking all these questioned.

"What are you talking about, Hayden?" Uncle David asked.

"I know this sounds weird, and I have no idea how the foster system works. It's just there's this girl, and-"

"She's a foster child," Uncle David cut me off.

"Yes, but she's moving to Plesington and-"

"And you want to keep her here. So you came to ask me if I could take her in, am I right?" Uncle David asked. This time, I looked at him shocked and confused.

"How did you know all that?" I asked him. Uncle David laughed, and he took a seat on the couch again.

"Once you said girl, the pieces came together," Uncle David explained.

This time I sat down as well. I sat down on the recliner that was across from him.

"So, will you help me keep her here?" I asked him.

Uncle David looked defeated. He looked like he was at a lost for words. He probably wasn't sure what to say, since he wasn't probably expecting this from me.

"Hayden, I can't promise you anything. If she moved to Plesington, it might be because a couple is looking into adopting her. I can't just tell you yes, and the next day she'll be here. It's a whole complicated process," Uncle David explained.

I sighed, at that moment it felt like there was no chance I would get Avery back. I was honestly willing to drive the four hours to see her every weekend, but she made it clear she wouldn't want me to do that.

"Can you at least try?" I asked him. Uncle David ran a hand through his hair, he looked like he was really debating an answer here.

"What's her name?" Uncle David asked.

"Avery Madison," I answered him. Uncle David sighed, and he stood up from the couch.

"Look, I can't promise you anything, Hayden. Like I said, it's a complicated process. I'll go tomorrow, and ask about her. I'll see if there's anything I can do to take her in. Just, don't get your hopes up, Romeo," Uncle David joked. I smiled at him, I didn't care if his joke was cheesy. Right now, Rome really did need his Juliet.

"Thank you, trying is all I'm asking for," I said to him relieved.

Uncle David and I stayed silent for a bit, before he spoke again.

"Is Avery your girlfriend? I thought you were with that Savannah girl," Uncle David said. I shook my head at him.

"I want Avery to be my girlfriend, we've been somewhat seeing each other. As for Savannah, we're not really a thing anymore," I lied. I was going to break up with Savannah, so might as well just start telling my family to forget about her.

"How old is Avery anyways?" Uncle David asked.

"Sixteen, she's two years younger than me," I said to him. Uncle David slowly nodded,

"Isn't she a little too young for you?" Uncle David asked. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Isn't Aunt Julie too young for you?" I asked him. Aunt Julie was three years younger than him.

Uncle David smiled, and he slightly nodded him head.

"I forgot how much fun it is to hang out with you," Uncle David answered. I knew he was pointing out to the fact that I was sarcastic dick, but that's just a part of my personality. You either love it, or hate it.

"I better get going, Uncle. I kind of ran out of the house, so Mom and Dad might be worried," I said to him.

Uncle David nodded. We both hugged goodbye, before I left. I know he didn't promise me anything, but I sure this plan works out. If it fails, I don't know where I would go from here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 6.5K 42
Bethany had it all a husband and a lovely son but soon after tragic news appear she must deal with her life alone. She along with her son and daughte...
74.9K 3.3K 27
"We can't let him know," she whispered. "We don't have to let him know." "This isn't right," she began, but he silenced her with his lips. ••• Cla...
4M 86.8K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
5.3M 125K 54
Eighteen months ago Alicia was left standing at the alter. Lisa, Alicia's best friend has had enough of her moping and demands her to go out and get...