WHY DO I STILL? | stiles stil...

By -despressos

ON HIATUS If there was one thing known about Haven Salazar, it was that she would do anything for Scott McCal... More

TRAILER
CAST LIST
PLAYLIST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NEW COVER
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
EDITED
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

TEN

2.9K 113 213
By -despressos

✧☾✧

JACKSON WAS TAKING OUT THE TRASH.

He saw Isaac Lahey ride off on his bike and Mr. Lahey drive after him.

"Freaks," he mumbled, but he took his phone out of his pocket, dialing Haven's number. "Hey, you might want to call your boy, make sure he's okay."

"What?" she asked.

Jackson sighed, and started to explain what he had just heard from the Lahey household.

✧☾✧

Haven was pacing back and forth as the rain picked up outside, but still no calls from Isaac. She was glad her mother had a night shift, even though she was unsure if Isaac would go to her house in the first place.

There was a knock at her window, both she stood up from her bed. Haven opened the window and there was Isaac, soaking wet. She helped him through and grabbed the towel she had ready on her bed.

"How'd you know?" he asked, seeing how well prepared Haven was.

"Jackson called," she said as he wiped his face and tried patting his clothes down.

"Alright, go take a shower, we can wash your clothes and get them dried. Hopefully Stiles's clothes will fit you."

"No offense to Stiles, but I would rip his clothes if I tried putting them on," Isaac said.

"It's all I have," she said, and she started to examine his skin for cuts. "What happened tonight? Jackson said he heard glass breaking."

"My dad got angry over my grades," he said.

"But we have an A in French," she said.

He laughed, "And I have a D in chemistry."

"Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?"

When he got into the shower, she opened the door slightly, yelling, "I'm coming in to get your clothes!"

She could barely make out his silhouette with the shower curtain, and she grabbed his clothes so she could wash and dry them. Before she threw his shirt inside, she saw a blood drip. She was confused, there was no cuts on him. She tossed it in with a knowing look, and she exhaled.

"It's Beacon Hills, Hav. Are we surprised?" she asked herself, closing the washer and pressing the on button.

✧☾✧

When Isaac was out of the shower, his clothes was still in the wash. He was wearing one of Stiles's sweats, but left the shirt part optional. He had the towel over his shoulders, running it through his hair when he walked into Haven's room. She giggled at how short Stiles's sweats were on him.

"Is this okay?" he asked, pointing to his lack of a top.

"Yeah," she said, blushing. "I, uh, I have a question."

She nervously ran a hand through her hair, and he sat down next to her, turning his head to the side in confusion. She examined him one last time, and there was still no cuts on him.

"So... was it Peter or Derek?" she asked.

"W-what?" he asked, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Peter or Derek?" she repeated herself.

"How do you know?" he asked. "Wait, the original beta... is he one of your friends?"

"Scott," she nodded.

He nodded slowly, processing the information. "Who's Peter?"

"So, it's Derek," she confirmed. "Oh I'm kicking his hot ass."

"Come again?" Isaac asked, and Haven brushed it away, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"When did you get the bite? Why did you get the bite?"

"I was tired of being afraid of my dad," he whispered to her, and she sighed. "Are you angry with me?"

She shook her head. "No. No. I just... you were normal." She laughed as she said it. "You were... the one thing left that the supernatural hadn't touched."

"Isn't Stiles still human?" he asked.

"Yeah," she nodded, smiling about the fact. "Yeah, he is."

"One more thing," Isaac said. "I think something happened to my dad."

✧☾✧

When his clothes was done, they headed to Derek's apartment.

"Derek!" they both yelled.

"What's wrong—Haven? How does this keep happening to me?" Derek was taken aback when she saw the girl who seemed to hang out both of his betas now.

"My dad," Isaac said. "I think he's dead."

"What did you do?" Derek asked, stepping closer to the two.

"That's the thing," Haven said. "He was with me."

"Why are you always around my betas?" Derek asked her, and she walked over, whacking his arm. "It's like you're a supernatural magnet!"

"Why do you and your family keep biting my friends?!" she exclaimed, whacking him again.

"Stop it, tiny," he chuckled at her.

"Woww, that's the first time I've seen you laugh!" she teased him.

"Let's figure out your friend's problem first."

"Uh... I think I'm a little more than just a friend," Isaac corrected him, earning a smile from Haven. Considering it had just been a few days since the dance, of course they weren't putting any labels on themselves just yet.

"Yeah, definitely more than friends," Haven agreed with him.

"You're not dating the annoying one?" Derek asked, looking confused.

"They're both annoying, you'll have to elaborate which ship you were on," Haven said.

"Ship? What?"

"Nevermind," Haven shook her head, realizing Derek wouldn't understand the joke. Then, she whacked him again. "You Hales need to stop biting the people that I like!"

"Seriously, Scott?" he asked, a hint of disgust in his voice. "Yeah, I definitely wasn't on the Scaven ship," Derek commented, shaking his head with a small smile.

"You understand my joke!"

"I understood your joke," he nodded.

"Mm, I get why all your betas are connected to me," she said, pointing at him as she was onto something. "You and I just have the same taste in men."

"Excuse me?" Isaac asked, looking between the alpha and the girl he had been seeing, confused.

"The full moon's coming, and all of a sudden I have the slight urge to main and kill you," he joked, sending an empty threat to her that caused Isaac's eyes to widen. Derek shook his head. "Chill. I'm not gonna hurt her, she knows that."

"Debatable."

✧☾✧

"Scott thinks there's another werewolf on the lacrosse team," Stiles texted Haven.

She ignored it since she hadn't told them about Isaac yet, putting her phone into her pocket as she walked up the steps to their school with Allison and Lydia.

"You really don't remember anything?" the onyx haired girl asked.

"They called it a fugue state," Lydia said. "Which is basically a way of saying 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.' But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds."

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked her.

"Please, it's not like my aunt's a serial killer or my boy works at a cemetery," Lydia joked, earning laughs from her friends as she walked inside.

People stopped to stare at them, earning an awkward smile from Allison, wide eyes from Lydia, and crossed arms from Haven.

"You gonna stay and get your noses broken, or keep walking?" Haven yelled at them, and they all started to get on with their day again. She sarcastically said, "Thank you!"

Lydia started to walk confidently again, her friends linking arms behind her and following.

✧☾✧

Haven ran onto the lacrosse field, seeing the sheriff's department talking to Isaac. She stopped next to Stiles and Scott.

"Your boy is—" Stiles started.

"I know," she cut him off.

"His dad is—"

"I also know."

"And they think he was—"

"Bro... I know."

When Noah started to take Isaac with him, Haven started running over. Scott and Stiles tried to grab her, but she went over anyways.

"Isaac!" she yelled.

"Haven," sighed Noah. "Now is not the time..."

"Babe, I'm fine," Isaac said to her, earning a cringe from Noah, who just heard a boy call the girl he helped raise 'babe.' That was some other level of uncomfortable for him. She, however, liked the sound of him calling her that. "My stuff is in the locker room, can you maybe get it?"

"Y-yeah," she nodded as he handed her his lacrosse stick, and he bent down to kiss her before walking off with the officers.

She blushed, rubbing her lip together as a small smile grew on her face. He kissed her. She turned around with a sad smile, walking back to her friends.

"He just... he uh... that guy just..." Stiles and Scott said together, both of them dumbfounded by what they just experienced. "Huh."

"Can you guys get me his things?" she asked her friends, bringing them back down to earth. "From the locker room?"

Scott nodded, going off while Stiles stayed with her.

"You okay?" he asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"I'm never going to be normal," she joked, and they both started to walk after Scott.

✧☾✧

The trio sat outside the principals office while Jackson was being questioned by Sheriff.

"So, you knew that Isaac's father was hitting him?" Noah asked.

"Hitting him? He was kicking the crap out of him," replied Jackson.

"Did you ever say anything to anyone? A teacher, parents, anyone?"

"Nope," Jackson shook his head. "It's not my problem."

"No, no, of course not," Noah said sarcastically. "You know, it's funny that the kids getting beaten up are always the ones who least deserve it."

"Yeah," nodded Jackson, still not caring. "Wait, what?"

"I think we're done here."

Jackson stood up, and then paused. "Actually, there is one person I told. Well, I didn't tell her what was happening, I just told her to make sure her little boyfriend's okay."

Noah's face dropped.

"Haven knew?" he asked.

Jackson nodded. "She's the girlfriend. Of course she knew."

"Girlfriend?" muttered Sheriff as Jackson left. "Since when was she anyone's girlfriend?"

Stiles scrambled to cover his face when his dad walked out, who only looked mildly disappointed.

"Hi, Scott, Haven."

"Heh," Scott said.

"Haven, I have some questions for you," Noah said. "About your, erm... boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Stiles asked, shifting in his seat rapidly. "When did that become official?"

She stood up, ignoring Stiles and following Noah.

"When did you find out about Mr. Lahey hitting Isaac?"

"Yesterday after the cemetery, after you pointed out his black eye" she replied, and Noah sighed. "He lied about getting the bruise under his eye from lacrosse. His face didn't look like that at the dance... He came to my house yesterday after his dad got angry about his grades. He threw dishes at him, so Isaac left and came over."

"He said his dad was alive the last time Isaac saw him?"

Haven nodded. "Jackson called me last night that Isaac was on his bike and his dad was driving after him. Isaac showed up wet from the rain."

Noah nodded, taking down notes.

"And you believe Isaac?" he asked.

"I don't think he'd tell me about what happened last night if it wasn't the truth," she replied.

"How long have you two been boyfriend-girlfriend?"

"We haven't really put a label on it? We've been a thing for about a week?" Haven replied.

Noah sighed, seeing the tears well up in Haven's eyes as she processed what was happening.

"Why didn't you come to me yesterday when you found out?" he asked.

She shook her head, "I-I don't know... I guess I just... I didn't want him to be upset that I was intervening. What's going to happen to him?"

"We're just going to ask him some questions, see what we can do for him. His dad was the only parent he had left."

✧☾✧

Haven and Scott ran out of the school, but not in time to stop the Isaac being driven away in the back of a deputy car.

A black car sped in and stopped, Derek sitting in the driver's seat with his mystery aura. Dark and brooding, check.

"Get in," he said to them.

"Are you serious?" Scott asked him, irritated. "You did that." He pointed after the deputy car. "That's your fault."

"I know that," Derek admitted, which was new for Derek. "Now get in the car and help me."

"No, I've got a better idea," Scott said. "I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting his out—"

In the middle of Scott's rant, Haven ran up to the car and got into the passenger seat. She looked at Scott expectantly.

"Seriously?" he asked, glaring at his friend.

"I'm not going to sit and wait for a lawyer to get my werewolf almost boyfriend out of a jail cell on the night of a full moon," she said to him.

"I always knew I liked you," Derek said. He looked at Scott and said, "They're not going to be able to get him out after they do a real search of the house."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse. A lot worse."

"What?" Haven asked, her heart sinking to her stomach. "How can something be worse than Mr. Lahey kicking the shit out of Isaac?"

Derek just looked and her, and she extended opened the passenger seat and bent forward as she pulled her chair back so Scott could get into the backseat of the two-door car.

✧☾✧

Haven stood in front of both of the boys as they ventured through the Lahey household. They each held flashlights as they went through the dark house. She shined her flashlight along the walls, seeing jackets hanging by the door, picture frames along the walls of Isaac and his family when he was younger.

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asked.

"I don't know yet," Derek said, shining his flashlight at Haven so that he could keep an eye on her.

"Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Scott asked, watching as Haven whipped around fast, shining her flashlight in his face with a glare on her face. He sighed, "No offense, Hav, but you've only been close to him for a week, okay?"

She rolled her eyes at him, wondering off.

"Because I trust my senses, and it's a combination of them. Not just your sense of smell" Derek answered his question. "Haven, don't wander away from us!"

He was behind her within a second.

"You saw the lacrosse thing today," Scott concluded, looking at Derek.

"Yeah," Derek said, deadpanning at Scott.

"Did it look that bad?"

"What happened at lacrosse today?" Haven asked.

"Just Scott bulldozing everyone down while he tried to figure out who the other wolf was," Derek said nonchalantly.

"Maybe if Haven answered her phone, I wouldn't known it was Isaac before I bulldozed everyone down."

"You wanna learn?" Derek asked as he opened the door to the garage. "Let's start now."

Scott went downstairs first, asking, "What's down there?"

"Motive," answered Derek.

"And what am I looking for?"

"Follow your senses."

Derek grabbed Haven's arm when she tried going down with him, shaking his head.

"What's down there?" she asked him.

"There's a reason Isaac seems so shy and frightful even with his tall height," replied Derek.

"I want to see," Haven pressed, and Derek released her arm.

"What happened down here?" Scott asked.

"The kind of thing that leaves an impression," replied Derek from the top of the staircase.

Haven went next to Scott, who saw claw marks on the floor. He followed it to a cooler, taking the unlocked lock off of it, and Derek appeared next to them, telling Scott to open it. Inside the cooler was scratch marks everywhere, tallies and evidence of someone being trapped in it.

Haven grabbed Scott's shoulder, burying her head into his side as a tear fell down her face.

"This is why he said yes to you," Scott concluded.

"Everyone wants power," Derek said.

"If we help you, then you have to stop," Scott gave the alpha an ultimatum. "You can't just go around turning people into werewolves."

"I can if they're willing."

"Did you tell Isaac about the Argents?" Scott questioned. "About being hunted."

"Yes, and he still asked," Derek said.

"Then he's an idiot," Scott said, looking at Haven as he emphasized his conclusion about the Lahey boy.

"And you're the idiot dating Argent's daughter," Derek fired back. "Yeah. I know your little secret. And if I know, how long do you think it's gonna take for them to find out? You saw what happens to an omega. With me, you learn how to use all of your senses. With me, you learn control. Even on a full moon." He pulled Scott's hand up, showing his claws growing.

"If I'm with you, I lose her," Scott said, pulling his hand away from Derek.

"You're gonna lose her anyway," Derek said, closing the cooler. "You know that."

Haven's phone started going off, and she answered it, saying, "Speak of the devil."

"Hey, Allison," she said, looking at Scott as she said the name. "W-what? Okay, I'll tell them. I'm with Scott and Derek. Yeah, thanks."

"What happened?" Scott asked her.

"Her family just sent someone out in deputy's outfit with wolfsbane."

Scott sighed, and look at Derek. "I'm not part of your pack. But I want him out. He's my responsibility, too."

"Why? Because he's one of us or because he's dating the tiny one?" Derek asked.

"Because he's innocent," Scott replied, then he shrugged and added, "And has good taste in women."

✧☾✧

Stiles picked up Derek and Haven to get Isaac out while Allison went to Isaac's to chain Scott up for the full moon. The three looked through the windows of the sheriff's station.

"Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office," Stiles explained. "The problem is getting past the front desk."

"I'll distract her," Derek said.

"Woah, woah, woah, you?" Stiles asked, putting his hand on his shoulder. "You're not going in there." He saw Derek eying his hand. "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated," Derek said.

"You're still a person of interest," Stiles argued.

"An innocent person."

"An—you?" questioned Stiles. "Yeah, right! Okay, fine, what's your plan?"

"To distract her," repeated Derek.

"Uh huh, how? By punching her in the face?"

"Heh," Derek fake laughed. "By talking to her."

"Okay, all right, give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?" Derek was quiet. "Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?"

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

"I think you'll do a great job at distracting her, Derek," Haven told him, propping herself into the middle of the two chairs, facing the two boys.

"I know you've been calling me Wolfie McHottie," he told her as he shut the door.

Derek walked inside while Haven and Stiles watched from the door as Derek flirted with the lady at the front desk. Haven covered her mouth to conceal the laughter as she sand Stiles went for the keys.

"They're gone," she said.

"Oh, no," Stiles said, and they both ran towards the cells to see a blood trail. They looked at each other, worried.

"Hell, no," she said, and they ran into the deputy.

"Uh, just looking, um..." Stiles said as they all looked down at his leg.

"Aw, shi—"

The guy grabbed Stiles as they tried to run away, covering his mouth.

"Hey, let go of my idiot!" Haven yelled, running over and grabbing Stiles, yanking him towards herself.

She saw the box the guy was holding and somehow managed to kick it out from his pocket and onto the floor, watching as the syringe of wolfsbane hit the floor and poured out. The guy looked at it and the girl.

"I'm assuming that was for my boyfriend," she sneered, and kicked at him again, causing him to stumble back and release Stiles.

"When did you get so strong?" Stiles asked her.

"I run with wolves."

She ran towards the cells to see that Isaac's door was broken off the hinges and they heard a roar. The guy Haven had kicked was behind her, but Isaac, wolfed out, jumped on him, throwing him into a wall and knocking him out. He roared again.

"Isaac!" yelled Haven as Stiles tried to grab her and cover her with his body. He looked at Haven and Stiles and growled, causing her to cower in fear.

Derek came in, roaring at Isaac, and he cowered down himself, getting on the floor and trying to hide himself. He reverted back to human form, looking up with sweat on his face and fear across his eyes. Haven moved from behind Stiles, crouching down next to him and grabbing his face in her hands.

Stiles watched from the other corner of the room as Haven took on a role he had never seen her take on before. She was always his best friend, the girl in love with Scott, the mom of their group, then she was Lydia and Allison's bestie, but now? She was on the path of taking on a new role, and something about watching her like that made him watch with a sad smile on his face.

"How did you do that?" Stiles asked Derek.

"I'm the alpha," replied Derek.

✧☾✧
MALIYAH THOUGHTS!!
should i introduce a love interest for isaac
later on and eventually branch off into a story
of their own?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 24 19
Beacon Hills it looks like a normal town, it has houses, a few high schools, work places. The sun rises once a day, then it falls. People wake up, ge...
384K 14.3K 31
DYNASTY [ BOOK FOUR ] ✧ Harper Verum and Stiles Stilinski have been through everything together; from finding out their best friend was a werewolf, t...
924 49 13
❛ we were too close to the stars... ❜ Amalia, Scott and Stiles. An unshakeable trio. For 10 years, the three have resided in Beacon Hills like your a...
1K 43 39
There's a mysterious murder in the town of Beacon Hills. So of course what group of friends doesn't wanna go check it out. That's what Stiles Stilin...