2. Shadowlight | βœ“

By chrltt-t

βπ’”π’Šπ’„ π’”π’†π’Žπ’‘π’†π’“ π’•π’šπ’“π’‚π’π’π’Šπ’”.❞ (thus always to tyrants) ━━━━━━━━━━ π’ƒπ’π’π’Œ π’•π’˜π’ 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂�... More

Author's Note
Character Showcase
Kingdom Showcase
1. Their Return
2. Worry
3. Threats
4. Tell Me Your Love
5. Let Me
6. Haunt and Blood
7. Unconditional Love
8. Rowan's Gift
9. Soulmates
10. Heartbeat
11. Sincerity
12. Second Princess Of Rivia
13. Foretell
14. Fidus Amor
15. A Name
16. Earl Martin Wayland
16.5 Leap of Faith
17. Unbridled Passion
18. The Warmth In Snow
19. Hamley's Research
20. Hospital Visit
21. Seized And Captured
22. Guilt and Worry
23. Uncanny Semblance
24. Running Against Time
25. Monster
26. Deadly Revenge
27. Sacrificed Light
28. Perpetual Darkness
29. Inseparable Bond
30. Heartwrenching Reunion
32. An Encounter
33. Staying Away
34. Mystifying Presence
35. Last Farewell
36. The Pain They Felt
36.5. Light In The Dark
36.6. Stars, Moon and You
- ELYSIUM TEASER -

31. From Up Above

5.3K 369 147
By chrltt-t

"and you need to know,
that you keep me up all night, all night."

Rivia: Ajayib, Town of Central Rivia, Elianna's Residence

Elianna

After Thunder left, she sat in her room by herself wondering why the room felt so empty even when she couldn't see to accurately grasp the concept of space. His words tugged at her heart, knowing the truth in what he said. She sat around and waited for him to return. Time crawled by, but the silence in the hollowing space of her room still remained. Perhaps it's already late because weariness had hit her but she promised to herself that she would be awake at the first sound she heard. She rested against the soft cushions at the seating area and drifted off.

"Eli." Someone pushed against her shoulder gently and she jolted awake. The voice sounded again, "Why are you sleeping here?"

"Thunder?" She tried reaching for the arm that nudged on her. Once she caught it, her hands bunched onto the material of his sleeves tightly.

"I'm sorry for just now," Thunder muttered apologetically. Pulling on her arm, he said, "Come, let me bring you to rest on the bed."

She stood up and followed. Dropping her head low, she murmured softly, "You're right, Thunder. I feel remorseful."

"I'll forgive you if you promise that you'd not leave me."

"Thunder, I'm human," she laughed softly. "I would have to leave you when I'm too old."

"Then, make sure you'd only leave when you're too old to breathe," he tutted. 

"What will you do after?" she asked, careful in approaching. 

"I'll look after your little brat," he said though his tone fell, knowing that a parting would be inevitable eventually. 

"Look at you, my immortal father," she poked fun at him, chuckling happily. 

"That's gross, Eli. I'm still a youngling for my race!" Thunder scolded. "And you're being ridiculous. I'm not immortal, I simply have a longer lifespan." 

Elianna burst out laughing, immediately erasing any tension that existed between them. She held onto Thunder's arm as she walked with him to the bed. He settled her down and tucked her in before mentioning, "I'll be settling down in the quarters just beside yours, call me if anything."

"Kiran arranged it for you?" she asked.

"Yes, she told me when I returned."

"That's great. Good night, Thunder." she grinned.

"Good night, Eli."

When she heard his fading footstep, she immediately propped herself up on one elbow and called out to him again, "Thunder?"

"What is it?" he responded.

"Thank you for being here with me."

"I wouldn't choose otherwise, Eli" he said simply as he left her quarters.

━━━━━━━━━━

Three months later.
Ifita: Lyx Palace, Balcony

Rowan

"Congratulations on the crowning," Ilias bowed, presenting a letter towards him. "The Queen of Thethia sent her felicitation." 

Rowan folded the letter back and turned to look at Ilias to place it back on the letter tray. His fingers fiddled with the crown in his hand, the edges of the embedded jewels scrapped his fingers lightly. The pain on the pad of his fingers was nothing as compared to the ache he felt in his heart. He should be feeling glad of becoming the Crown Prince and walking a step closer to avenge for all that he had lost. But why do I feel so empty on the inside?

This harrowing feeling had beset him since he woke up from the unusual sleep months ago. Unknowingly, he also found a mark of resurrection that had appeared on the left of his chest out of no reason, vexing him further.

"Ilias, are you still unable to explain what had exactly happened to me?" he asked, nettled.

"I'm afraid I had already told you what I know of, Ro," Ilias responded apologetically.

"None of it makes sense," he breathed in exasperation. He held his hand over hand his chest and kept his head down while closing his eyes. In a soft murmur that was only audible to himself, he breathed, "Why does it always hurt here if nothing had happened?"

"The temperatures have dropped recently, please refrain from staying out for too long," Ilias reminded.

But the cold and snow wouldn't bother him as much than the deafening and smothering silence in Lyx since he woke up that day.

━━━━━━━━━━

Rivia: Ajayib, Town of Central Rivia, Elianna's Residence

Elianna

"Why are you standing in the cold again?" Thunder reprimanded as he draped a thick mantle over her shoulders.

"The room gets a little stuffy and I wanted some fresh air to clear my head," she smiled, listening to the assembled chorus of subtle rustlings and quiet chirps from afar. "Nights in Rivia are nice and peaceful."

"You are thinking about him again, aren't you?"

"Of course, he's on my mind all the time," she admitted sadly. Her hands reached out into the empty space in front of her, moving in motions as though tracing the jaw of someone's face. In her mind, she pictured him and taking note on every detail that she knew of his face. His slightly long lashes, his high nose bridge and his soft, full lips. She tried to map out his freckles in her mind, tracing across each and every one of them to imprint them in her memory. Yet, there were times that when the thought about him scared her more than anything else. She would wonder if her memory could fail her and all that she had known of would be wrong. Maybe his eyes were a shade darker than she thought of and the tone of his voice was a lot deeper and richer than she could recall.

There were other nights when she would lay in her bed at night, rolling her blanket up and rest beside it, longingly wishing that it was him beside her. In her memory, his skin was always comfortably warm when holding her to sleep and searing hot when passion rose headily between them. There was also the scent of a perfect mix of mint and sandalwood. Rowan, Rowan. His name was like melting sugar on her tongue. But the sweetness would later turn bitter when she realised that no matter how many times she tried calling, he would never appear.

Then, she would place her palm over her left chest, listening quietly to his heartbeat pumping firmly and steadily within her chest in a way to comfort her that he's alive and living. Holding onto whatever she had, she would always remind the life within her that his father would always be with them through ways like this.

"You know that you can—"

"Don't," she hushed him.

Thunder sighed, "If only once, you would selfishly think for yourself."

"I didn't want him to feel guilty seeing me like this," she responded quietly. "It's not a burden he should carry on his shoulder."

Thunder remained silent thereafter, whereas Kiran entered her quarters with a pot of freshly brewed chamomile tea. She mentioned, "Elianna, I heard that you haven't been sleeping well. So, I brewed some tea for you."

"That's really thoughtful of you," Elianna thanked her. "Where's Jana?"

"She turned in early for the night," Kiran replied.

"All that running around must've tired her out," Elianna chuckled. "Kiran, won't you have the tea with us?"

"Can I?" Although they had stayed together for three months, she felt that Kiran and Jana still maintained their formalities towards her. They reminded her of how Lylia used to be strict on herself at all times, making sure that she behaved accordingly.

"Of course." That was also the reply that she would give Lylia whenever she's in doubt. No matter how much time passed, those memories with everyone would always remain dear to her. Knowing that she had avenged and brought justice back to their names had been a huge relief for Elianna and the nightmares she used to have had also ceased to wake her in fear. Instead, she began having pleasant dreams about everyone because the weight had finally been lifted off her shoulders. Tonight, the wind felt colder than usual but the tranquillity in her heart remained.

She placed her palm over her slightly grown baby bump and thought quietly. Mother, Jason, Lylia and Marie, please continue to watch over us from up above. 

i hope you guys are well. please take good care!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 346 25
[COMPLETED] She looked into space, the spark in her eyes were gone. "I will be strong for my sister". She muttered to herself. Tears ran down my...
8.9K 1.7K 44
| Featured on @anime reading list under - light novels (July,2022) | | Featured on @teenfiction reading list under - supernatural (May,2023) | ______...
869 20 18
A girl was several abused and neglected by her mother and only her childhood friend/playmate cares for her making her to run away age thirteen and li...
1.5K 308 120
Living nearly four hundred years apart, two brave young women born of the same soul face the harshest trials neither would have ever expected. Wheth...