Lies, Lies And More Lies✔️

By krystall_xoxo

Book #2 - 'Nothing But The Truth' is now up on my profile ***************************************************... More

Lies, Lies And More Lies
1: I'm Engaged
2: Let's Get Married
3: I'll Take That Bet
4: I Can't Wait To Prove You Wrong
5: Ignore Him, He's Drunk.
6: Don't You Dare!
7: It's A Date
8: I'm Done With You
9: It Was Love At First Sight
10: We Made Bad Choices
11: You Dated Michael B Jordan?
12: Angry In Peace
13: Who's Your New House Guest?
15: Beggars Aren't Choosers
16: On Second Thought
17: A Good Looking Tree
18: A March Wedding
19: Tell The Truth
20: This Not So Lovely Midnight
21: A Friendly Game
22: A Win Is A Win
23: What's The Plan?
24: Let's Kidnap My Cousin
25: I Wasn't Alone
25.1: Such A Screw Up
26: Above Water
27: This Isn't My First Rodeo
28: I'll Call You Cady
29: In Your Dreams
30: One Lucky Lady
31: Tee Tee, Do You Love Me?
32: Derrek Dune Is Derrek Done For
33: Can't Take A Joke
34: Who's In trouble Now?
35: Liars Are Loosers
36: Scooby Dooby Ruby!
37: Surrounded By Criminals
38: Can You Hear Me?
39: Not Out Of The Woods Yet
40: Hear Me Cry
41: Twilight
42: What Do You See?
43: Once Bitten, Twice Shy
44: We Could Use A Time Machine
45: I'm Sorry She Hurt You
46: The first time is always nerve wracking.
47: You Poor Thing
48: The Big Sister I Never Had
49: Another Woman's Fiancé
50: The Heartache
51: Don't Play Dumb
52: Two Truths And A Lie
53: Destination Unknown
54: The Biggest Fool In The world
55: The Girl Who Torpedoed My Life
56: In The Rain
57: Selfish Reasons
58: I Call It The Broken Wife
59: You Should Leave
60: If The Truth Came Out
61: Because Of You
62: Not Murder But Close
63: Midnight Sugar Picnic
64: The Truth Is
65: You Need To Leave
66: Promise Not To Tell
67: That girl and her anger issues
68: Tough Girls Cry
69: Sunlight
70: Name Your Price
71: I Was Framed
72: Understand
73: Truthfully
74: I Would Never Do That
75: Everyone Struggles
76: Apartment On Fire
77: Fireworks
78(Part I): Till Death Do Us Part
78(Part II): A Moment's Peace
79(Part I): The Fear Was Real
79(Part II): The Fear Was My Reality
80(Part I): Ghost Of The Past
80(Part II): I Love You!
Book #2: Nothing But The Truth

14: Trouble In Paradise

604 108 14
By krystall_xoxo

"Derrek! You're home." I said awkwardly as I turned around to see an annoyed looking Derrek. He looked passed me to Luke and Cassidy and I instantly felt embarrassed as he had totally ignored me.

"Who the hell is she?" Derrek asked, his confusion morphing into annoyance.

"T-This is Cassidy from school. She was in the area and dropped by to say hi to her best bruv, Luke." Luke lied so unconvincingly. It was like he was trying to get caught in his lies.

"And why is she wearing my t-shirt?" Derrek questioned further.

"It's his t-shirt?" Cassidy and I chorused.

"I was wrong, Luke. He's definitely going to torture you for decades, then, kill you slowly and as painful as possible."

"Exactly, what she said." Cassidy nodded in agreement and Luke swallowed hard.

"Look! Tiara's here! Question her instead!" Luke directed at me and Derrek glanced back at me with his angry eyes, causing my heart to pound in my chest. This was a big mistake, I should never have come here.

"Just to be clear. This-" I gestured Luke and Cassidy. "-had already happened when I got here. I am just as unaware as you are. I almost passed out in shock when I saw Cassidy, like, there's no way Luke would've let his girlfriend into the house without Derrek's permission, right? She must've been the ghost haunting the penthouse and stealing phones for the past week which would explain why you haven't called me in a week?"

"What?" Derrek said the same time Luke said, "Well, that took a turn."

"Why haven't you called me?" I questioned, crossing my arms. I shouldn't have been saying this in the presence of Luke or Cassidy but I'd blurted it out before I could realize what I was saying. Derrek gave a small sigh before walking up to me.

"Come with me." He said before walking past me and heading into his room. "Luke, you better not go anyway or I will be calling your mom."

"Yes, cousin Derrek." Luke nodded like a good little boy and I would've laughed at how terrified he'd looked if I wasn't so sure his expression had mirrored mine.

I frowned and crossed my arms once again as we walked into Derrek's room. I reminded myself that Derrek had been the one at fault and not me. I didn't have to explain anything to him but he had a lot of explaining to do.

"First of all, why are you in my house?" Derrek questioned, turning around to face me.

"No, no." I wagged my index finger at him in disagreement. "You do not get to ask the questions. I do!" I pointed out, taking a few angry steps towards him.

He was about to speak up when I covered his mouth with my palm. I felt a slight tingle in my palm as I did so. His lips had felt so soft on my skin, however, I ignored it. I should've been thinking about that.

"You will answer my questions first." I stated firmly and he rolled his eyes, pulling my hand off his face, then, he took an intimidating step forward, forcing me to take one back.

"And what would you do if I refuse to answer your questions?" He arched an eyebrow at me, challengingly. He looked more annoyed than anything else as he stared down at me.

"Why haven't you contacted me the past week?" I questioned, ignoring his previous question.

"I was busy." He simply said and I got even more annoyed.

"Busy? What do you mean you were busy?"

"I mean, I was busy." He turned around and headed to his closet. He searched through his clothes for a couple of seconds before pulling out a gray t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, then, he laid them neatly on his bed, completely ignoring my presence.

"Busy doing what?" I questioned further, trying my very best not to spark at his nonchalant attitude. He was acting like it wasn't a big deal that he hadn't contacted me in so long. Sure, our relationship was fake but it was an agreement and whether he liked it or not, he was stuck as my fiancé for the next six months which meant he couldn't just cut me off without a good explanation. He was bound by a contract. If he needed space, he should've told me and then, I would've come up with a cover story to tell anyone that asked about him.

"It's none of your business, Tiara." He said as he began to undo the buttons of his white shirt.

"Like hell it isn't!" I took angry strides towards him. "Why have you been avoiding me? Tell me!" I demanded answers.

"I was out of town on official business!" He yelled and I frowned, extremely pissed off in that moment. How dare he yell at me?

"Don't use that tone with me!" I yelled back and Derrek gave a sigh before pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"I am not in the mood to fight with you, Tiara. Please, leave." He said with a calmer tone but I was still highly offended. He was kicking me out of his house.

I glared daggers at him for the next few seconds as he pulled out a towel from his closet and swung it over his shoulder. Without as much as a glance in my direction, he headed straight into the bathroom.

"Fine, then!" I yelled out, so he could hear me from the bathroom. "If this is how we're going to be, fine! Don't contact me ever again!"

I stormed out of his room and slammed the door shut behind me before proceeding into the living room to get my purse and leave.

I couldn't believe how unreasonable and annoying Derrek was being. Was I wrong to ask him where he'd been and why he hadn't contacted me? Why did he have to be so rude and mean? I'd done nothing wrong.

"Stupid." I hissed as I picked up my purse. I hadn't even realized Luke was sitting across from me until I heard him clear his throat.

"Trouble in paradise?"

"Mind your business, Luke!" I hissed at him and stormed off to the door, slamming it shut as I walked out. I was done with Derrek, for real this time. I was done with this entire fake relationship.

"Tiara, wait!" I heard Luke call after me but I made no attempt to stop as I hurried towards the elevator. I wasn't in the mood for any more disrespect, especially not from Luke. "Tiara, please!" He grabbed my arm in an attempt to stop me and I turned back to glare at him.

"What?" I spat rather rudely.

"I didn't mean to eaves drop on you and Derrek's conversation but I did." He confessed and I rolled my eyes. It didn't surprise me at all. "Look, Derrek's been pretty tense this past week. He was in a pretty shitty mood before and after he got back from his trip. He didn't tell me why but I think it has something to do with his company. He's been under a lot of stress lately."

"That's no excuse. He shouldn't have directed his misplaced aggression at me."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to. Just give him sometime to cool down and don't do anything drastic."

"What do you mean drastic?" I narrowed my eyes at him. What had he meant by that statement?

"I mean, don't be quick to dump him. You'd both regret it if you do." He clarified and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head in disagreement.

"No! I'm done with his ass! He can find himself another fake fiancée!" With that said, I turned away and headed towards the elevator. I was done with all of this.

I'd gotten home a little after four that evening and I was tired and frustrated all at once. I hadn't even noticed my father had been seated in the living room as I walked into the house.

"Tiara!" His stern, loud voice caused me to jump in fright. I turned in the direction of his voice to see him, staring at me from his position on one of the living room couches.

"Good evening, dad." I greeted as I proceeded towards him, dragging my feet as I did so. I was beyond exhausted.

"Where have you been?" He questioned and I stared at him confused. He'd never asked me directly about my whereabouts since I was nineteen. My mother usually informed him of my whereabouts after I'd informed her. He was barely home this early anyway.

"At a friend's." I answered simply and he narrowed his eyes at me for a moment before giving a nod.

"Well, your cousin, Ruby is flying in tomorrow morning and I need you to pick her up from the airport." He informed and I frowned at the mention of my cousin, Ruby.

Ruby Temilope Digiola was my cousin from my father's side. She was the last child to the first child of my father's family in which he was the third. Ruby was only a year older than me and always treated me like shit. She always acted entitled, thinking she was above everyone else in this world and we all lived to please her.

Growing up, Ruby and I got in a lot of fights because I was just as strong headed as she was and I never enjoyed being pushed around. However, she always managed to get the upper hand against me because she was such a good actress and always made me out to be the bad guy to my parents who then made me apologize to her. It killed me every single time.

The last time I'd seen Ruby was at the Digiola family dinner last Christmas and it had been a miracle that we hadn't gotten into a single fight. It wasn't because Ruby had suddenly become better behaved but it was for the sake of our grandmother whom our parents had made us promise not to upset. Grandma Digiola hated to see the family not getting along. It saddened her and made her worry which was something she wasn't supposed to do at her age of seventy-eight.

I just couldn't believe Ruby was coming here and now of all times when I was in this mess with Derrek. Why was she even coming over in the first place?

"Why is she coming here?" I tried not to sound whiny but the glare I received from my father told me I hadn't succeeded.

"Ruby's starting a business venture here in Lagos and she needs a place to stay while she goes house hunting." Dad explained and I held back an eye roll.

"There are hotels she can stay at. There's also-"

"Why would she stay at a hotel when she has a family with enough space to accommodate her in their home?" He was starting to get annoyed and I knew better than to argue.

"Okay. I'll pick her up in the morning." I gave a sigh of defeat.

"Refrain from any trouble making as well. You're grown up now and should've outgrown your childish behaviors." He warned and I pursed my lips to stop from saying something I was going to regret. It was rude to talk back at my parent but it hurt that no matter how many times I'd tried to convince him that I hadn't been a troublemaker and it was instead Ruby that had instigated all our fights, he just never believed me.

"Yes, sir."

************************

Who's excited to meet the new character Ruby?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741K 20.9K 42
Caira and Chris have always been best friends. Their moms were friends since a very young age, Caira and Chris are bound to be close and best friends...
112K 2.4K 24
He loved me, He loved me not He loved me, but not, in the way I needed him to say. "When you lose someone who use to be your everything it's like...
4.8K 258 63
Meet TASHA - Her goal has been to open her very own gym. Now back in London she's realised a lot has happened whilst she's been gone. She only ever h...
178K 34.5K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...