The Avenger's Soul

By baeareavibez

Billy doesn't know what her powers are. She has too many to count. She was taken by HYDRA when she was just a... More

Author's Note
CopyRight/CopyWRITE
Escape Attempt #9
New Life - Take 1
New Life - Take 2
0-8-4 (Part 1)
0-8-4 (Part 2)
The Asset (Part 1)
The Asset (Part 2)
The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 1)
The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 2)
FZZT
The Hub (Part 1)
The Hub (Part 2)
The Well
Repairs
The Bridge
The Magical Place (Part 1)
The Magical Place (Part 2)
Author's Note
Seeds (Part 1)
Seeds (Part 2)
T.R.A.C.K.S
TAHITI
New Life - Take 3
Hello, Goodbye
Lexi - Defender of Man (New Life - Take 4)
Meeting the Team
Loki
Thor
Discord
Author's Note
Released
Publishing?!
Potential Crossover
Loki's Escape
The Battle of New York (Part 1)
The Battle of New York (Part 2)
Suspicions
New Life - Take 4
There's No Place Like Shield
End of the Beginning (Part 1)
End of the Beginning (Part 2)
Turn, Turn, Turn (Part 1)
Turn, Turn, Turn (Part 2)
Providence (Part 1)
Providence (Part 2)
The Only Light in the Darkness (Part 1)
The Only Light in the Darkness (Part 2)
The Cap's Birthday
Nothing Personal (Part 1)
Nothing Personal (Part 2)
Nothing Personal (Part 3)
Ragtag (Part 1)
Ragtag (Part 2)
Beginning of the End (Part 1)
Beginning of the End (Part 2)
Shadows
Making Friends & Influencing People
The Secret Room (Part 1)
The Secret Room (Part 2)
A Fractured House
The Writing on the Wall (Part 1)
The Writing on the Wall (Part 2)
The Things We Bury (Part 1)
The Things We Bury (Part 2)
Ye Who Enter Here
Author's Note/New Story!
Another New Story

Phase 2

1.3K 51 21
By baeareavibez

Lexi's POV

I watched as Steve forced open the entrance to a storage room. We walked in, looking around then silently jumped up to the catwalk above.

Steve and I open walled over to one of the containers that filled the room and I could tell that what we found was shocking to Steve. The containers were all filled with HYDRA weapons and equipment.

"Well now, isn't this interesting," I commented into the dead silence, not being able to think of anything else to say. "Let's get back to the others, they'll want to know, Steve," I added. Steve looked up at me and I could see the emotions flickering across his face as he stared from me to the guns in the containers.

After a long pause, he finally nodded and grabbed one of the guns and stormed off down the hall, causing me to play catch up. As we got closer to the others, my sensitive ears picked up their conversation.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh- kind of been wondering the samething about you," I heard Tony respond.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury was saying.

"We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," I hear Bruce say as Steve and I approached them from down the hall.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. What is Phase Two?"

Steve and I entered the room, and I watched on as Steve slammed one of the large HYDRA guns we had found on the table.

"Phase Two is SHIELD used the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're -" Fury started to say

"I'm sorry, Nick. Tony turned the screen towards Fury. It shows a plan for somea missile. What were you lying?

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit," said Steve as Thor and Natasha walked into the lab. I shifted nervously on my feet as I noticed Bruce staring angrily at Natasha.

"Did you know about this?" He asked.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha responded.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." My head turned to and fro as I tried to keep up with the conversation. I wanted answers as well. Fury wasn't just toying around with anyone, after a few months spent messaging back and forth with these people, I had started to consider them friends - friends I wanted to sleep with but that was besides the point. I was still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of friendship let alone relationships. Hydra drilled the opposite into me - I was built for one purpose - to infiltrate and extract and kill on my own - no attachments (according to Hydra).

"Because of him," said Fury pointing at Thor.

"Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Said Steve.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?"

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something."

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down."

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?"

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep..."

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me!"

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" I couldn't help but giggle at that comment. Tony and Steve both stared at me and I shrugged my shoulders with a smirk.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this."

"Excuse me, did WE come to YOUR planet and blow stuff up?"

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust?"

"Are you all really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threats."

"Captain America is on the threat potential watch list?"

"You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?" Tony said with a glance over at Steve. I frowned at Tony. Not liking the way he was talking.

"I swear to God, Stark, one more crack..."

"Threatening! I feel threatened!"

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos."

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb."

"You need to step away," said Fury. Personally, I thought Fury was the one that needed to step back before all of these superhero's whooped his ass!

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony said as he put an arm around Steve.

"You know damn well why! Back off!"

"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me." I frowned at Steve and Tony hoping that they didn't start fighting.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you." Ouch! I thought - not that it wasn't necessarily true. But I liked to give the benefit of the doubt.

"I think I would just cut the wire."

"Always a way out...You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!"

"Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds."

"You people are so petty... and tiny," Thor said with a hearty chuckle.

"Yeah, this is a team..." said Bruce. I nodded my head, unable to find any argument. These people reminded me of when I first just Coulson's team and we were all struggling to find a way to get along.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr.Banner back to his..." Fury started to say.

"Where? You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case..."

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried! I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" I looked on in horror at Bruce when he said that. He smiled reassuringly at me but I wasn't sure how to feel about what he had just revealed. "You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

"Doctor Banner...put down the scepter," I said as Bruce picked it up.

We all turned to the computer as it beeped.

"Got it," said Tony.

Bruce put down the scepter and walked over to the computer.

"Sorry, kids. You don't get to see my little party trick after all."

"Located the Tesseract?"

"I can get there faster," said Tony.

"Look, all of us..." Steve started to say.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it," Thor interrupted.

Tony turned to leave, but Steve stopped him.

"You're not going alone!" Steve said.

"You gonna stop me?" Oh no, were they going to start this up again! I thought as I shook my head in annoyance. This was like watching Fitz and Ward argue all over again. It was going to get us nowhere.

"Put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit."

"Oh, my God!" I exclaimed. This was madness. I also noticed the tesseract acting strange and figured it wasn't a good thing. We should all be focusing on the danger at hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...
28.3K 729 15
Soulmates, suck. We all have them in this world. There are a whole much of ways to find yours. Some get tattoos, the first words that you say to each...
13.3K 355 24
TW: Mature Audiences Only (18+) Y/n has had major anger issues since she can remember. So bad, that Hydra kidnapped her when she was young and used i...
754K 19.3K 51
In a world where people have their soulmates mark/s on their body, Flora has found herself in a bit of a pickle with a soulmark number far larger tha...