Secrets (Zayn Malik)

Oleh britishirishtea

19 year old, Ellana Rivers begins her new life in a new university right in London England after the infamous... Lebih Banyak

Secrets
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Thank You
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Confessions
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue

Chapter 69

1.5K 89 7
Oleh britishirishtea

If I can upload a video up here for the song I was inspired by, I'll post it later. But for now, enjoy! I might update again tonight too.

Zayns POV

"Are we still on for this Friday night Zayn? I hope you haven't backed out just yet." He sighs into the phone, and I can just imagine him with his feet propped up on his disgusting mahogany desk already.

"Of course." I roll my eyes as I stroll down the streets of London. My intention was to clear my head, and relax before seeing Ella in the morning. And I can only hope she made it back to her dorm safely, since I didn't think it was the best decision to follow her.

"Great. Now, my last encounter with her didn't go so well. Tell me everything you know so far, that I should keep in mind."

"Wait, what?" I stop in place, along with my heart. Giving details was never part of my job. I made sure to steer clear of that the minute I knew I liked her, so that I never felt more guilty than I do now.

"Details, Malik. I need to know things, to ensure that she has no idea what's really going on. If she does, then I'd just have to get rid of her a lot quicker. No big deal." He says with such ease that makes me sick. "That, and she's worth so much money."

"You're disgusting." I mutter into the phone, knowing damn well he heard me.

"You're not the cleanest lad out there either. Give me details, Zayn." He spits this time, and I can feel his patience wearing thin.

"I won't."

"Excus-"

"I won't. That's not part of my job, to snoop and lie to-"

"Have you forgotten who gave you this job? You came from shit Zayn, yet I'm the one that hired you to take care of little things like this. You go out, pretend to either befriend the person or clearly, fall in love with them. And this is not pretending I'm sure. You befriend them, tell me what I need to know, I handle them whichever way I please, and that's it. So yes, that IS your job. To snoop, and lie. Whether you like it or not. Do you understand me now?"

I bow my head in silence, and take a moment to breathe.

"Yes." I sigh and glance up at the full moon tonight.

"Wonderful. Because if you so much as blink in hesitation when the time comes, I will put a bullet in your head without another thought." He threatens, but I hear him take a deep breath away from the speaker.

"Now, tell me what I need to know."

Part of me knows he's mentally insane, and going against him would be my worst decision. But my loyalty doesn't lie with him anymore, and it's come to a point where I can no longer deny it or pretend otherwise.

"No." I blatantly say, and lean against the wall of an old building on the side of the street.

"Okay, have it your way. Take a left immediately, into the alley next to you."

This fucker would be watching me.

I do as he says, and glance around for anything suspicious. "What now?" I ask warily.

"Well now, you'll see that it's best to listen to me. And you will do as I say once I'm done with you. Enjoy." He hangs up quickly, and I'm left in complete darkness of the alley, only able to see what the tiny lamp above provides light to.

Two men enter the alley, one from each side, dressed in heavy black coats. Very muscular and intimidating, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. They crack their knuckles like some kind of stereotypical thugs, and walk closer until I'm pinned against the wall in their grip.

"Hey pretty boy. Seems like you can't do shit right." One spits in my face, and the anger resting in my chest from Michael, ignites into flames. I shove him away from me, causing him to fall into a pile of garbage bags.

The other still holds my shirt, and throws me back against the solid brick wall, making my vision fade black briefly as my head hits the pavement.

"If you won't listen to Michael, then I guess you might just listen to David." He chuckles, and chews the gum in his mouth obnoxiously loud in my face. "But don't worry, we'll make sure you're still pretty when you see him."

He releases my shirt, and before I can say another word, his fist slams into my eye and my whole world fades to black.

--

"Zayn?" I glance up in horror to see Ella standing right in front of me. Her eyes are glossy and a tear streams down her cheek. She's dressed in sweatpants, some shirt I can't fucking see, and a black leather jacket, which tells me, knowing her, she didn't put much thought into her appearance.

"Wha-what," I cough up blood once again onto the carpet, and wipe it away before looking back at her. "Are you doing here? What the fuck?"

She kneels down to me, and presses her hands gently on top of the bruises across my cheeks. "What happened to you?" She whispers, and sniffs as a tear escapes her eye.

"Lovely. You're both here!" David chimes in, and stands from the booth. "I must say its a surprise seeing you two are clearly closely acquainted. Honestly love, of all people, him?"

She turns back to me, with a confused face. "Why would he say that?"

I use all the strength I have left, to stand on my own two feet. At first my vision fades in and out, but the blood settles and I can finally see straight. "I told you Ella, way back, that I couldn't tell you about my job. This is exactly what I was trying to keep from you."

I wipe a drip of blood that escapes the corner of my chapped lips, and wipe it on my black jeans. She continues stare up at me with wide, blue eyes, in shock.

Completely speechless.

"Is there something I should know?" Her voice is shaky and on edge, fearful and cautious of the situation.

David steps forward a bit closer, just a few feet away from us. "It seems Ella, that Zayn couldn't do his job correctly. Hence why he was brought here."

"Wait, you work for him?!" She backs away immediately, distancing herself from me. For once, I'm grateful.

Please do go.

Run, as far and fast as you a can.

Keep yourself safe, because I certainly can't anymore.

I nod my head slowly, and she covers her mouth in shock. The tears are endless afterwards, after the realization sets in. But I'm not too sure she completely understands the situation.

"You don-" I hunch over, and cough once again, thankful that this time didn't include blood. "Don't, understand babe."

"He's right you don't." David winces awkwardly, pointing between us. "He does underground work for me, but I'm sure it's not what you think it is." He blatantly lies to her face.

She couldn't be more right, and it's exactly what she thinks it is.

"Then what the hell is it?! I'm so confused." She runs her hair through her shaggy short hair, messing it up completely.

"Drugs, Ella. Drugs." I spit out, and she whips her head back at me.

"As in-"

"Illegal substances yes love, use your brain." David steps in, and I'm ready to actually kill him.

He reaches for his phone, and smiles as he looks at the screen. "Hello? Yeah, he's right here."

He scans the both of us up and down, before reaching the phone out to me. "Your boss wants to talk to you."

I take the phone, and shakily place it to my ear, careful not to touch the fresh gaping wound on my cheek. "Hello?"

"I'm tired of your shit Zayn." He yells into the phone, and I flinch away slightly.

"Bring her to me, exactly where I told you to. You couldn't listen, and now everything is falling apart. But, for some fucking reason, there's still hope on this earth left for you. If you can prove to me that you don't care about her? I'll let you live."

He hangs up, and I'm left with even more shit on my plate than before. I glance at her, and she's already a good ten feet away from me. Backing towards the wall.

"We need to leave." I mutter, and brush the scratches over my knuckles gently.

"I know. I know that, and I know why. Which is why I'm letting you go with ease. Could you escort these two outside gentlemen?" He snaps his fingers, and two bulky muscular men walk up to the both of us, and grab us by the arms.

Ella whimpers in pain, and I lunge for him. "Do not, hurt her!"

"Easy Zayn, easy. Mark please do be gentle with the lady?" David backs away, and stuffs his hands in his pockets as we're escorted out. The man grabbing me is a lot harsher than the other is with Ella, but I don't care.

They burst open a door, letting the light from a nearby street lamp illuminate the sidewalk. We're shoved out on the sidewalk, and the metal door slams behind us.

She's quiet, too quiet while she stands in place, shaking and scared. Her arms are crossed over her chest, and she refuses to look at me. Instead, glancing at the concrete beneath her feet.

I reach for her to pull her close, and ultimately come up with a good ass explanation. "El-"

"Don't you dare touch me!" She pushes me away, and finally meets my eyes. The once light, electrifying blue that I've come accustomed to is now, dark and resentful. Terrifying, and murderous.

"I can explain!"

"You have five minutes." She shakes her head, and I know very well, it took everything for her to even give me that.

"Thats the thing. I need about thirty." I wince, and my heart picks up at the terrifying thoughts running through my head.

"Why?"

"Because I have to take you somewhere that'll really help you understand."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

17.4K 226 25
Jasmine is a 17 year old with the best friend she could ask for. Her job leads her to meet One Direction!!!! but what will happen when her ex comes...
177K 4.2K 28
Ellie Wilson is a normal seventeen year old girl. Her life has had its ups and downs. She lives with her aunt in Doncaster, England. She was adopted...
1.2K 68 31
When Ryan Jackson finally turns 18 she is ready to leave her horrible foster home and start a new life with her 14 year old brother. Just as she fina...
35.1K 510 43
18 year old Alexis Davidson lived a normal, boring life in a small town in Ohio. Instead of going straight to college, Alexis decides to take a year...