Picture Perfect (✔️)

By -pcyxoxo-

Never give up the beauty in you, just to fit in with the crowd. After all, you're a diamond and you're not su... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 14

9.1K 314 17
By -pcyxoxo-

Emily

The food looked delicious, the music was loud and annoying, but people seemed to be enjoying and having fun. While my Dad and I sat quietly in the corner. He was eating while I was picking on my foods, my appetite was gone for the second time in a day.

"How's school?" He asked.

"Good." I said.

"Have you send in your applications, yet?"

"Not yet." I said.

His fork paused midway to his mouth as he looked at me.

"When are you planning to?" He shove the food in his mouth.

"Soon." I said.

"Good, because it's high time you start thinking about your future." He said. "The world is harsh and cold. You need to prepare for all the thunder and storms. It's not always colours and rainbows out there."

"I know." I said, quietly.

"You are not hungry?" He asked looking at my foods.

Not when you are talking like I'm a stranger. Maybe, I am and I feel like a burden to him, now that I know he's upset with me. He do regret adopting me. I heard that a couple of times when he argued with Mom.

"I will look for a job." I said to him and he raised one of his eyebrow.

"Did Mom asked you to?" He questioned.

"No." I said.

"You don't need a job, currently. I want you to focus on school and get into a good college. It's your last year in school, don't mess it up."

"I can find some job, just to gain experience."

"I want you to focus in your studies." He said coldly.

And I kept quiet after that.

After dinner, we drove back home. Mom have closing shifts, so she won't be home before midnight.

Dad walked to his room as soon as we reached home. I walked to my room dejectedly and shut the door behind me.

All I was hoping was a good dinner with Dad.

My back was to the door and I sank down to the floor and started crying.

I knew this was coming, but I didn't know it was coming like this. This week was rough- I lost my two friends whom I thought was the closest thing to family. I found out why my Dad doesn't like me, but on the positive sides. I have Bloom, I have Aaliyah and most of all I have Everett beside me.

They will leave you like all of them.. my mind said and I sobbed harder than before.

What felt like eternity, my phone vibrated and I see a text from Everett.

"Hey beautiful."

And I started crying more. He will hate me if he knows the truth. I hate myself after knowing how much my Dad must have grown through all these years. I hate myself knowing that my parents fought all the time, and it was all because of me.

And just like that, I cried myself to sleep that night.

The next morning, my head was throbbing and my eyes was swollen. I have to go for my piano class and after yesterday's talk with my Dad. I don't want to miss the classes.

I got ready and took my violin case and backpack with me. The house was eerily quiet and I don't know if I was the one avoiding them or the other way round.

I left the house and walked to the bus stop. I didn't reply to Everett's text from last night.

Even though, I wished things have went differently yesterday. I wouldn't want to change anything. My parents were able to speak about what was bothering them, I had a good time with Everett and even though Dad took me out because he wanted to talk about that subject.

We still had a good time, we ate good foods at a good place. We spent sometime, although he may not have liked it.

The bus was half empty. I sat at the back of the bus and put my earphones on. It takes me forty-five minutes to reach my piano academy.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I see Bloom beside me.

"Oh.. hey, Bloom." I said to her.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'm going for my piano class." I said to her.

"Is that violin?" She asked looking at my case that was on my lap.

"Yea.." I said.

"You play both?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"That's so cool." She clapped in delight.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"My brother wanted to eat McDonald's for breakfast." She pointed to the young boy that was sitting on the other seat beside her with an older woman, whom I assume is their Mom.

The boy was playing with his phone. He seemed to be around five or six.

He have a cute chubby face and a serious look as he played with the phone. He give me side glances while the woman looked at me with a grin on her face.

"Hello, Mrs. Zhao." I said with a smile on my face and looked at the child. "Hello there."

"Hello." He said shyly.

"Since when are you shy?" Mrs. Zhao asked her son. Mrs. Zhao was loud and funny.

Bloom kept reminding her to talk softly, but she brushed her off.

Bloom's brother Gregory, didn't seem to mind at all. I like them and watching how they tease and talk with each other made my heart tighten a bit.

Their stopped was before mine and Bloom told me she will be around this area after that, so she will see me later if I wanted to hang out.

When they left, I put my earphone back and went back to listening to music.

"Are you ignoring me?" Everett texted me.

"Hello Everett." I texted him back.

I got down the bus and my phone rang. It was Everett.

"Good morning, Everett." I tried to sound happy.

"Emily, are you ignoring me?" He sounded nervous.

"No." I said. "Why would I ignore you?"

"I don't know? You didn't reply to my text last night and I just didn't know how you were feeling.. you said you were unwell."

"I'm fine, Everett." I said to him as I opened the door to enter the academy.

"Do you have piano class today?"

"Yes. I'm actually in the academy now. My class starts in ten minutes." I said.

"Can we meet after that?" He asked. "I want to know you are fine."

"I'm fine, Everett. I'm actually meeting Bloom after my class." I said.

"Can I stop by?" He asked.

Everett have been nothing, but nice to me. I don't know why I was pushing him away though? A part of me was scared that if I allow our feelings to grow, one of us will end up getting hurt and Everett deserve nothing, but happiness. I can't hurt him. I have to protect him, even if it hurts me. I wondered what he would say if he found out the truth about how my family feels about me?

Would he be ashamed for liking me? Would he still like me? My family couldn't like me because of my biological Dad.. I doubt he would.

"It's girl's day out." I said, hoping it sounded kind and polite.

"Please... a little bit?"

"Emily, are you coming in?" My piano teacher asked as she opened the door for our class.

"I have to go, Everett. I will see you in school? Bye.." and I ended the call and shoved my phone in my bag and walked inside the large room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 107 24
"You guys I had the most epic night," I say as I take my seat, sipping from my bottle of coke and then I glance round the table and I see him, I almo...
15.5K 1.8K 26
Losing somebody you love is one of the most heartbreaking things ever. And, something exactly like this happened with Blaire Evans when she lost Elij...
187K 5.8K 27
His face was only inches from mine, but yet it still seemed his confidence was beaming. "You seem to forget that I am the king of getting girls to...
1.3K 49 13
Harper Jones: A normal girl who just wants a normal high school life to the point that she moves from Georgia to Virginia to get that experience. Unf...