Running For Miles | ✓

By Gemma_Grace_

Eden Rivers is the new girl, she transferred from Pennsylvania in the middle of the year, on the run from an... More

Running For Miles
Characters
Prologue
01 ➳ Meeting Lila
02 ➳ New Girl
03 ➳ My Personal Bully
04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone
05 ➳ Tater Tots
06 ➳ Emotionless Player
07 ➳ Are You Stoned?
08 ➳ Few Screws Lose
09 ➳ You're All Pathetic
10 ➳ Loneliness And Anxiety
11 ➳ It's A Drug Thing
12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes
13 ➳ Jump Off Of A Cliff
14 ➳ I'm Just Fucked Up
15 ➳ Drugs Are Bad
16 ➳ Rich People
17 ➳ My Old Friend Molly
18 ➳ In A Friend Way
19 ➳ Lila's Almost Doppelganger
20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?
21 ➳ Option Two
22 ➳ The Comedown
23 ➳ The Party
24 ➳ The Rooftop
25 ➳ Arden Roson
26 ➳ Sorry Dad
27 ➳ New Haven
28 ➳ Pinky Promise
29 ➳ Trauma
30 ➳ I Love You Too
31 ➳ Hard, Meaningless, Sex
32 ➳ Kian Karrington
33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships
34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit
35 ➳ Feelings Are Overrated
36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?
37 ➳ Until Lila Hayes
39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too
40 ➳ Until Miles Hale
41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types
42 ➳ Suck Him Off
43 ➳ Enemies With Benefits
44 ➳ I Love You
45 ➳ Lila's Story
46 ➳ Beautiful Ghost
47 ➳ Boys Can Cry Too
48 ➳ He's Broken
49 ➳ That Wasnt Sex
50 ➳ Bye Mom
51 ➳ Found You
52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird
53 ➳ The Kian Thing
54 ➳ Forever And Always
55 ➳ I Would Punch Hale
56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?
57 ➳ Forever And Ever
58 ➳ Incest
59 ➳ Goodbye
60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire
61 ➳ Lakyn or Boston
62 ➳ Let's Play A Game
63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen
64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him
65 ➳ Get Off Me
66 ➳ Blood, Tears, And Heartbreak
67 ➳ I Deserved Hale
68 ➳ What Did You Do?
69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged
70 ➳ It's Just Us Now
Epilogue

38 ➳ Baby Steps

7.3K 198 465
By Gemma_Grace_

RUNNING

FOR MILES

There is only one word I would use to describe how I am feeling right now and that would be excitement.

Prom is in less than an hour and a half as it is currently four-thirty, which means prom starts at six. Lila had insisted that we girls get ready at her house as we had decided on letting Lila do all of our hair and make-up.

But I'm not excited for prom, I'm actually far from it and I was still trying to think of ways to get out of it, I was even hoping I would break my ankle or something from the heels Lila will probably try and force me into wearing. So, what I am actually excited about is the food. The lovely and large amount of five-star level food being served to us this evening.

I guess a little part of me was also excited about going to prom as I was going to look absolutely stunning. I was going to show everyone at school that I am capable of looking like a model and not a garbage bag.

A little part of me was hoping a certain six foot four, the brown-haired idiot would drool over me and regret what he had done and said to me the other night at the Ridgewood party.

Most proms have a theme, normally they are under the sea, enchanted forest, and even masquerade, but the academy had chosen to make us look back at our childhoods and let us relive the night as our favorite princesses.

Personally, mine would have to be Mulan hands down. My reasoning is because she isn't really a princess but she puts her family before herself as she literally goes to war for her family name as there were no sons in her family and she did not want her elderly father to go back to war, so she dressed up as a boy and used her smarts to save all of China.

In the end, she is also given the opportunity to have all the power and rich's she could have ever wanted but instead but she had already done her duty which was saving china and most importantly her family. She was also selfless as she had never had a second thought about taking a sword for her friends.

My face had pretty much dropped when I had asked Lila who her favorite princess was and she had said 'I do not know; I have never seen any of the films.' I wanted to scream at her but instead, I sat her down at her house with some snacks and made her watch all of them.

Lila had agreed with me which I was very thankful for.

But when she had stated that I looked a lot like princess Jasmine I had to agree with her. Both princess Jasmine and I have long dark hair, tanned skin, and slim figures. Yes, I don't have black hair and I don't have brown eyes but hey close enough right?

So that is who my dress was going to be based on and I couldn't have been more pleased especially when Lila had insisted that she would make my dress. I pretty much squealed like a pig being picked up as I asked and made sure that she didn't mind doing it as it was her true calling to life or something.

When I had asked her who her dress was going to be based on, she had said Rapunzel. Rapunzel was pretty much perfect as she just like Lila had blonde hair, a pale skin tone, and a slim figure. She would also look stunning in a lilac-colored dress.

"So, Eden." Blaire began as Lila sectioned off my hair and curled a strand of it. "I never did find out. Why did you transfer so late in the semester?"

Blaire was done first, she laid on Lilas bed listening to the house shaking music with a tight scowl on her face as she looked over at both Lila and I awaiting my answer.

"Blaire!" Lila growled at her friend.

I inhaled deeply, closing my eyes for a brief second before opening them, my anger could probably be seen through my emerald-like eyes as they bored into Lila's who shared the same annoyed look plastered to her bare face.

"Because, Blaire," I turned to face her, "much like Tru, I wanted a better education and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to go to Dayton Academy."

That was a lie, obviously. Not once have I really made a massive effort in my education since I've been here, I'm not failing but I'm not getting solid straight A's like Lila is, but it really doesn't bother me nor does it bother my father.

"Hmm," Blaire narrowed her eyes at me as Lila placed another curled strand of hair onto my shoulder, "what was Pennsylvania like? I've never been."

I shrugged, "It's nice, I guess." I replied, trying not to sneeze or complain about all of the hairspray that was now in my mouth and in my nose due to Lila spraying it all of a portion of my hair, "The weather is similar, but the schools are less strict and people are not controlled by money there either."

"And where exactly in Pennsylvania are you from?" she asked, continuing to pry at my personal life that was not any of her concern.

"Is this investigate Eden day or something?" Lila asked sternly.

Blaire shrugged, rolling her eyes, "It's just a question." she defended herself. "I'm just getting to know the real Eden Rivers."

Bullshit, I don't believe a single word that had just come out of her mouth. Never once has that girl ever tried to talk to me nicely or even give me the vibe that she wants to befriend me or get to know me.

It's just seriously weird that she was trying to act like she was now, I think it's because Lila's full attention is not focused on her. I guess Blaire is one of those creepy obsessed best friends that believe that their best friend can't have any other friends or anything like that.

Deep down I know that Blaire is insecure.

The only way I know this is because she likes to bring down others and pick at their flaws and then get some weird satisfaction or confidence for bringing down another even if that's her own supposed best friend.

Blaire and Boston would be a perfect couple.

But even though I don't really like Blaire I would never ever want her to be with him because even though they are both equal monsters I know that he would be able to break her and make her feel all of the things that he had made me feel and believe, I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemy, that being Blaire.

"Green Meadow." I replied bluntly, "That's where I lived."

Before Blaire could question me any further Lila's angelic voice spoke pretty much saving me from Blaire's annoying voice and further interrogating, "How's your father going, Blaire?" She asked her.

Now it was my turn to be intrigued.

She cleared her throat, sitting up properly, "Better."

With that last word the conversation had died completely with was weird as I wanted to know all about her dad and especially what his job was like and oddly enough what he was like. Was he anything like his horrid daughter? Or was he kind and caring?

After a few songs had played loudly through Lila's massive speaker she had deemed me done and allowed me to peel myself out of the chair I had sat in for a few hours and finally look at myself.

"Who the hell is that?" I blurted out as my eyes widened, "I have never seen myself look like that."

What I had seen first was the big dramatic eyelashes that sat on my eyes which had taken Lila a few minutes to put on due to me moving too much, she left my lids bare and putting a pop of aqua eyeshadow in my inner corner as well as a dot of highlighter, she had said something about opening my cat eyes? I really don't understand makeup talk.

Lila was like a make-up wizard as she had also managed to get rid of my dark under eyes and my slight acne break out due to my stupid period. Lila had also managed to make me even more tanned as he used a shiny yet pretty bronzer on my cheeks and the crown of my head and to finish, she used a sheer gloss.

Lila chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Do you like it?"

My eyes analyzed my own reflection for a minute, twirling around in my gorgeous dress before nodding, "I love it." I said gratefully, "Thank you so much. For the dress and everything."

Lila nodded, "It is the least that I could do." She said truthfully, shoving my shoulder playfully, "Enough this sappy-ness or we will both cry."

I nodded in response, chuckling, "Yeah, yeah." I waved her off, "Okay, but I hate to be one of those girls that are just so quirky and different that they can't wear heels, but I refuse to wear heels, especially when no one's going to see them anyway."

"Understandable." Lila answered, "Go put your dirty converse on then."

I grinned like the cherisher cat as I tried not to squeal, before prancing out of her wardrobe and sitting down on the bed next to Blaire, slipping my already sock clad feet into my not so white, white converse.

Lila and I had joked that she would make Blaire's dress into a villain theme or something like that but we knew it was mean so Lila had thought that snow white was perfect due to her being annoying.

So, Lila has created a tight-fitting navy dress. It was simple, yet pretty. The dress was perfect for Blaire's abnormal skinny body and her tallish figure. Lila had also styled Blaire's hair up in a high ponytail, all her baby hairs gelled back and a luminescent highlighter painted the highest points of her face. Blaire also wore gold accessories instead of having yellow on her dress as Lila thought the colors weren't working together.

I hate to say it but she did look pretty.

A good few minute's pass as Lila does her make-up and hair, we are running quite low on time so when Lila grabs her dress and rushes into her wardrobe I calm as we should be able to leave on time.

"Holy shit." I said jumping onto her feet as did Blaire when Lila had come out of hiding.

Much like my dress, the straps were thin and the back was open with a crisscross design, but the dress itself was entirely different. The neckline a semi-sweetheart, showing her cleavage, whereas mine was not on show. Then hand-stitched lilac flowers covered the entire top portion of the dress and even at the waist, the flowers cascaded down the sheer thicker lower-half of the dress, whereas mine was just a plan aqua silk. Layers amongst layers of white and violet tulle rested beneath the top layer of material.

She looked exactly how she was supposed to, a princess.

Blaire gawked, "You look. . ." she paused, analyzing her best friend, "so beautiful."

Lila grinned, walking over to us before pulling both Blaire and I into a tight hug, "When will the boys be here?"

"I think they already are." I answered her, stepping out of the hug as I placed my phone into the nude envelope clutch, Lila had kindly gifted me.

Lila's eyes widened in panic before she hastily grabbed her silver crystal-embellished Jimmy Choo heels, slipping into them effortlessly, then giving her phone to me to put into the clutch I was taking as it saved her taking one and having to carry it all night.

Then as if it were straight from a movie, the three of us descended the stairway, which I was not excited about as I seriously didn't want to ruin the masterpiece on my face that Lila had done. Blaire and I were on either side of Lila as we made our way down a large number of stairs.

To our surprise, the boys were waiting already waiting right at the bottom, along with my father and Hale's standing behind them with Lila's father too.

I tried not to looked shocked as Lakyn had actually shown up and the fact that he was also wearing converse with his suit. He looked absolutely bad boyish in it as he wore the black blazer open which exposed his white button-up shirt. His blonde hair was pushed back but not quite as neat as it probably should be.

Then there was Miles Hale. Again, I tried to keep a straight face as my eyes peered over at him looking him up and down. He looked neat in his black and white suit and tie. His slightly overgrown hair gelled back, his hands crossed as he watched us all, taking in each one of us at a time, but when his glance came onto me, I looked away and at my father instead who had a massive grin on his face.

I stood awkwardly away from everyone as I really didn't want to follow Lila who went straight to Hale and I didn't really want to be near Blaire, I stood by myself until I was pulled over to someone.

"You're so fuckin' awkward." Lakyn murmured awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes, "Well I'm sorry I got fifty percent of my mother's bad genes and fifty of my father's worst."

"What do jeans have to do with it?" Lakyn muttered to himself which made me want to smack my hand to my head before he spoke again, "Um here." he said handing me a clear box, "Hale said you're supposed to give girl them or something."

I took the box and opened it and inside was a corsage that was just two plain white roses with two green leaves on either side of the roses. It was plain but I really wasn't even expecting one in the first place.

"I didn't know what colored dress you'd be wearing—and I honestly didn't care—so I just got a white one." Lakyn explained as he slipped it carelessly onto my wrist.

I rolled my eyes, "You're so romantic." I said, my tone dripping with sarcasm, "I love it though, thank you." I said giving him a small side hug and quickly getting off of him as it felt weird and awkward.

"Love it enough to ride my magic carpet later?" Lakyn asked somewhat seriously until we both pissed ourselves at his stupid remark.

My father was quick to grab out his phone, standing in front of the five of us who were kind of stood next to each other, "You guys look amazing." he grinned with that contagious smile of his. "Say cheese." he instructed.

I'm pretty sure I had internally told myself a million times not to say 'Cheese' but when the flash went off, I found myself yelling the words out as I pretty much wanted to run back up Lilas many stairs and then throw myself down them as no one else, like every other time, had not said cheese, leaving me in pure embarrassment.

"Dad," I whined, leaving Lakyn's side that I had been awkwardly pressed to, "I think that's enough pictures."

Father nodded, rolling his eyes playfully, "Your limousine is here anyway." he patted me on the shoulder.

Hale opened the door and we all said goodbye to our parents. As my father had stated, the limousine was indeed here, so as soon as we entered Lila's large driveway, the driver was quick to exit the car and open the door for us. Lila got in first, then Blaire who had pushed past me as I guess she had wanted to childishly sit next to Lila which had then left me and then the boys to climb into the large limousine.

The limousine was spacious with dim blue lights illuminating the space. I spent the first ten or so minutes taking pictures with Lila and Blaire, posting several on Lila's Snapchat story whilst the boys cracked open a window and began sharing a joint.

Real classy, guys.

"Who the hell are you supposed to be?" Hale asked after a while, his question directed towards Blaire as I tried to hold in my laughter.

Blaire, folded her arms across her chest, "Snow-white."

Lakyn snorted, "More like hoe white."

"And who are you supposed to be?" Lila asked Lakyn.

"Your prince charming."

Lila snorted, "Maybe the frog version." She scoffed.

At this point I was so close to pissing myself with laughter at all of them, I really do appreciate all of them even though they are all heavily flawed and filled with trauma, I wouldn't want any of them any other way.

The limousine pulled up in front of quite honestly one of the wealthiest looking buildings I have ever seen. Due to the classiness of it, I guessed it was some type of conference holding place that big businesses rent to have meetings and other important campaigns.

Once we were all out, we made our way into the building and over to the front desk where a middle-aged lady showed us to the elevator when noticing our choice of attire, sending us to the ninth floor.

When the doors of the elevator opened and we had all stepped out, we were met with neatly set tables orderly lined the perimeter of the room, leaving the center open for people to dance whilst a stage was at the front with a middle-aged woman singing into a microphone.

Then faux trees lined the walls and hundreds of twinkling fairy lights were slung from one side of the room to the other, white balloons placed everywhere randomly and there was even a balcony to the left.

Before I had even moved another conversed foot both the boys had already vanished, most likely gone to the bathroom to try and down some liquor, they have stashed in their suits.

"Oh, there's Conner!" Blaire said.

Lila and I both looked at each other at the same time, "Four years of high school just for this." I snorted, "I can't believe that in three months, all of this is over."

Lila nodded sadly, "I honestly cannot imagine being older and looking back on high school and enjoying it." She spoke my thoughts. "My parents—well more so my mother—used to say how high school was the best time of their lives.

"I know right." I agreed. "I honestly just wanna graduate already."

"Did you get into Castleton?" Lila asked as we sat down at one of the tables that had our names on it.

Castleton university. I had heard from them about a few weeks ago saying that I had obviously got in and that I would be ready to start once summer break is over. That is one of the reasons why I still like Hale because he did help me get into a university when he barely even knew me.

I nodded, brushing my curled hair off of my shoulder, "Yeah," I said warily, as I knew it was a somewhat still touchy subject, "I got my acceptance letter a few days ago."

"Oh," She smiled, "I am really happy for you."

I nodded, giving Lila a thankful smile, "Why don't you come to Castleton?" I suggested, "It'd make sense, right? Sammy said it's a good school and you're smart, I'm sure Hale would be able to get you in too, he'd do anything for you."

Lila shook her head, "As tempting as that is, my father would never allow me to go anywhere other than Yale."

I bit down nervously on my bottom lip, "Okay, I know this sounds harsh, but," I paused, looking up at her, "you aren't going to Yale. They didn't accept you and though I think they're completely stupid for not doing so, you need to find somewhere else to go before it's too late."

"I know." Lila replied with a heavy sigh, "I just need one more week, then my mother comes back and I can talk to her about it."

I nodded, "I can't wait to meet her." I grinned from across the table.

Apart of me has always wondered what Lila's mother is like. What she is really like. Is she exactly like Lila, kind of bittersweet? Or could she be like her husband? I highly doubt that because I've heard bit s and pieces about Lila's mother and I don't believe she is anything like her husband.

Lila sent me a heartwarming smile, "She is going to love you."

I truly hope so.

Lila and I then go tonto talking about a million other different things like how Truman had toilet paper stuck to his shoe but was too drunk to notice as he danced with some boy from my English class. Then how Poppy Huntington just had to wear a majorly way too short dress, you could almost see the ever so slight curve of her almost flat butt.

"Do you think that they get enjoyment out of breaking girls' hearts?" I asked curiously as I rested my chin on my hand as I peered over at Hale who had poppy pretty much clung to his side.

Lila nodded, "Sometimes." She replied nonchalantly. "I just do not think that they know how to love someone because they have never been taught how too."

My heart broke at her words. What if what she had said was pretty much spot on and is exactly why both Hale and Lakyn are known as the heartthrob and the heartbreaker. It's such a sad thing to think, that these boys are the way they are because they were never shown love or loved enough.

It would make almost perfect and complete sense that that could be the reason why Hale did what he did to me at the party. He's not used to someone actually showing him love and affection and I guess that is all due to his mother dying when he was only young, leaving him with only his father and himself.

I turned away from the two and focused back on Lila, "You really think so?"

Lila nodded her head yet another time, "I know so."

We both went quiet as we looked around the place our eyes probably training on two things or two boys. My eyes had found their way back onto Hale, just as poppy was now pretty much dry humping him, while I'm sure Lila's eyes were on Lakyn who probably was in the same situation as Hale.

"Some people seriously have no self-respect." Lila said in disgust as her eyes were trained on a girl that some boy touching her and almost exposing her breast, it was disgusting but then I realized who the guy was, Lakyn Westbrook.

"Ew, what the hell." I said before turning my gaze back to where she sat, practically shaking from anger, "Lila. . ." she said in a warning tone.

Lila stood up, pushing her chair in, "Go vote for me for prom queen," She instructed, pointing over to the voting ballot. "I will be right back."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I watched Lila pretty much march her way into the direction of Lakyn and that girl that I seriously have no idea who is, deciding to just ignore it and wish Lakyn all the luck in the word as she will tear him apart or well that's what it looked like to me.

My chair scrapped as I got up and made my way over to the voting booth. On the booth were two boxes, one read prom king and the other read prom queen, on either side of the table and in the middle was a large stack of white, rectangular strips of paper and four black sharpies.

I, of course, wrote Lila's name down for Prom queen, not just because she's my friend but because I believe that she deserves it and let's face it she is the prettiest girl here and I couldn't imagine anyone else standing up there.

Choosing Lila for prom queen was easy but prom King is a little different.

First off there is no way I am going to choose Kian Carrington all because he is a straight-up dick and in no way deserves to be prom king. I then also don't really know any of the other boys in my year, which is kind of weird but I haven't really wanted or had the chance to really get to know the other boys here.

So, I guess that only leaves the two boys that I do know, Miles Hale or Lakyn Westbrook.

Miles, in my opinion, will most likely win prom King, he's pretty much the star lacrosse captain and Dayton Lakes poster boy, so he shouldn't have any problem with

Apart of me wants to choose Lakyn for prom king because one he would look so cute standing up there with the queen herself and in hopes that he will be able to beat Hale at something and take all of the spotlight away from him for once.

I wrote down Lakyn's name and made sure to cross my fingers and wish that he would get prom king. I was about to turn around and walk back over to our table when I felt the presents of someone behind me.

"Aww look who it is, little miss 'Obsessed with other people's boyfriends.'" I high pitched voice spoke as I came in contact with none other than Poppy Huntington and her friends Beau and Indie on either side of her.

I rolled my eyes at her, "I'm not obsessed with anyone's boyfriend so I don't know what you're talking about." I sighed as I really didn't want to waste my breath on her.

"Yes, you are, I'm pretty sure everyone has seen the way you look at him." she said as she put a hand on her hip.

She's obviously talking about Hale but what I don't understand is that he doesn't have a girlfriend so why is she accusing me of liking someone's boyfriend?

"He doesn't have a girlfriend Poppy." I stated, "So if you just came over here to try and get to me it's not gonna work."

Poppy sighed as she bought her finger to her mouth, "Oh but he does, me."

I shook my head as I let out a laugh, "Your delusional."

"Call me whatever you want but I'm the one dating him and not you." she said as she sipped at her glass of red punch as she took a step in front of my, "So keep your pesky eyes off of him or else."

I scoffed, "I'm not scared of you so how about you just leave me the fuck alone." rolling my eyes I tried to step past her but poppy seemed to have other ideas.

As I went to walk past her, she made sure to move her hand that had the cup of red punch an angle it just enough so when I walked past I walked into it causing the drink to 'accidentally' spill all down the front of my vibrant aqua dress.

"You fucking bitch!" I yelled growing instantly mad as she had just ruined quite possibly the best dress I have ever worn and a dress that Lila had probably spent days trying to make.

My vision somewhat blurred as I hand managed to grow that angry, I turned and faced her, I bought back my arm and went to swing my right hand at her until I felt myself being pulled away by strong arms but not before my hand had managed to slightly skim across Poppy's nose.

Her hands flew up to her nose as she started to cry and wail about how I had just assaulted her, all while I'm still in someone's hold. I kept trying to wriggle my way out of their arms as they kept pulling me back and away from poppy who was lucky because if I was able to escape from the unknown person, I was going to go beat the fuck out of that girl, Lakyn style.

"Fucking chill out." the person said as I had accidentally managed to punch them, "Fuck Lake was right you can punch."

That voice, I knew it as if it was my favorite song that I knew off by heart.

"Hale! Let me fucking go!" I yelled at him.

"Promise you won't go back and rip her head off?"

I sighed rolling my eyes, "I promise I won't rip your girlfriends head off."

Once he had let go of me, I went to run but for some reason, we were outside of the massive building we had been in a few minutes ago, how the hell did I not even notice that he had managed to pull me into the elevator and outside?

"Girlfriend?" he asked with a smirk, "Is someone jealous?"

I scoffed as I walked over to cement steps that had a flat-topped cement rail wall that followed the stairs down on each side, I pushed myself up onto the top part of the wall railing. I tilted my head down as I had calm down now and was no longer angry instead, I was slightly sad.

Sadness somewhat consumed me as I couldn't help but blame myself for what poppy had done to the dress; I know shouldn't blame myself but I couldn't help it if only I had kept my big mouth shut and just ignored her and walked away then it wouldn't have happened.

Apart of me was slightly sad and ever so jealous as it kind of made sense if hale was indeed dating Poppy, I mean they kissed at school that one time which could have easily been the millionth time they did it at school, I'm sure she's also been to his house probably a heap of times as well and it would make sense as well because I swear she has been the only girl I've seen around him instead of a few different.

I'm kind of sad because what if they are dating? What if she's right for once and is with him but they are just keeping it lowkey and out of the eyes of everyone?

It's just he could have dated me, yet he chose her, I'm nowhere near ready to date but just the thought that we might have been able to and yet he pushed me away and got with her makes me want to kind of annoyed and sad.

"What's wrong princess?" Hale asked as he tilted my head up so that I was looking up into his brown eyes.

Hale is that tall that I was somehow almost eye level with him instead of being under his broad shoulders. My heart rate quickened as he looked into my eyes as if searching for something.

"Don't call me that." I spat, "You have a girlfriend."

Hale laughed, "Oh is that right princess?" amusement evident in his husky voice.

I nodded my head, "Yeah I almost beat her ass."

"Her almost beat her because she's my supposed girlfriend?" Hale asked, raising his eyebrow.

"No, I almost beat her because she ruined my dress, the one Lila made for me." I corrected him which caused his eyebrows to furrow as he looked at my now stained dress.

"That fuckin bitch!"

I smiled, well maybe they aren't dating because I don't think most guys call their girlfriends bitches, well except for Boston who some reason preferred to call me a 'bitch' instead of 'baby' or something like that.

"You shouldn't talk about your girl-" I started to say but got cut off.

"I swear to god one more time I will shut that pretty little mouth of yours." He spoke, "She isn't my girlfriend Eden, I don't know where you got the crazy idea from."

"Crazy idea? Hale, you literally making out with her at school the other day and you've danced with her quiet suggestively a few times that kind of indicated to me that you guys were dating." I looked up at him, "Plus she told me you guys were dating."

Hale shook his head, normally his brown hair would flop around but due to the gel it was stuck in its place and wasn't going to move until it was washed out, "Well she isn't my girlfriend, she was just a quick fuck whenever I wanted it."

Well isn't that just splendid, he chooses to fuck her and not me. He was the one that was all over me for a while, wanting to fuck me, and then as soon as I want to, he doesn't all because I'm not a virgin. I'm sure Poppy isn't a virgin so what's the difference.

"Well, she doesn't think that Hale, you're leading her on." I stated, "It's not right."

Hale sighed as he shook his head again, "Your just like Lila, trying to tell me what to do and what not to do with girls."

"I'm just trying to say, you don't want to lead her on because she will end up falling for you Hale." I said softly looking him in the eye.

"Falling? As in, in love?" he laughed, "She's pathetic just like any other girl that has supposedly fallen for me because love is just a pathetic emotion and I'll never give it to anyone, even if it kills them."

"That's your problem Hale!" I yelled at him as I crossed my arms over my chest, "You've never once thought you deserved love or capable of giving or maybe even receiving it so you just ruin anyone that tries to show it to you!" I yelled again.

"Maybe your fucking right Eden! Maybe I ruin things or well people because I don't think I deserve love or capable of giving or receiving it because I've never been able to love, not since my mother died!" he tried to calm down as he looked down at me.

I instantly went quiet; I hadn't meant for this to happen I kind of just word vomited what was on my mind and because he had made me mad by saying that he will never love anyone like that's so stupid because when he actually grows up and gets out of this stupid teenage mentality he will fall in love with someone whether he wants to or not.

"Is that what you wanted to hear? Did you want to hear that I'm also scared of loving someone because I loved my mother with everything within me and then she fucking died!" his features seemed to soften as if his mask had fallen and was exposing a part of the real him, the real Miles Hale, "She left me so what's stopping another person that I love from leaving me?"

I sighed, "I wouldn't leave you, Hale, you're not the only one that carries a trauma filled past."

"W-what?" he asked as he seemed to be taken back as if he wasn't expecting me to say that.

Nodding my head, I started to speak, "It's not just you that has been slightly fucked up in the past, the real reason as to why I moved here was so I could escape from my now ex-boyfriend, he would do horrible things to me and my mother? She left me as well."

"Head up princess your crown is falling." Hale said softly as he slowly lifted my head up so I was no longer looking down but at him instead.

My heart fluttered at his words; I don't think I will ever get sick of hearing him call me princess.

"How about this." Hale proposed, "How about we take whatever this is slowly if you don't leave, I won't leave; if I trust me, you trust me and so on."

"Baby steps?" I asked as I offered him a smile.

He nodded with a crooked smile, "Baby steps." 

Hey Hi Hello

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

Omg, it's finally prom for our characters and honestly, it was so fun to write about because we actually talked about the dinner or more so what it's like at prom unlike other books, how do you feel about Eden and hale? was it okay or was it slightly not right?

Please don't forget to vote, leave a comment and go read 'Loving Lakyn' by @sharnahespinosa

GemmaGrace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 8.7K 42
Ava moved from a small town in Minnesota to a busy town in California. Soon after her move, she meets the towns "Bad Boy." Will she be able to resist...
233 43 13
Katherine Moore has been waiting for her first mission ever since she could remember. However, it turns out that replacing yourself in a different un...
237K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
48.4K 971 28
Ella Stone is used to blending into the background. With her insanely athletic family and the fact she can barely run the mile. it's a pretty easy th...