WHY DO I STILL? | stiles stil...

By -despressos

ON HIATUS If there was one thing known about Haven Salazar, it was that she would do anything for Scott McCal... More

TRAILER
CAST LIST
PLAYLIST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
NEW COVER
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
EDITED
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

EIGHT

3.1K 119 91
By -despressos

✧☾✧

HAVEN RACED TO THE HOSPITAL,
SLIGHTLY ANNOYED WITH STILES.

When Jackson had called her in the dead of the night saying he was at the hospital, she really didn't care. It was when he said it was because he was dropping off Lydia that she sprung out of bed,

"Stiles told me not to tell you," he had told her over the phone when she asked why she was just hearing about it. "But I couldn't get ahold of Allison, and you're definitely more liked by Lydia right now than I am."

"Is she okay?" Haven asked as she grabbed her helmet to her bike, running into the garage.

"They're going to assume it's an animal attack, but we both know it wasn't," replied Jackson.

"Is she bitten?" Haven asked, her heartbeat quickening. Everyone around her was changing.

"Yeah."

✧☾✧

She looked around, seeing an elevator opening and Jackson walking out with a few deputies behind him.

She walked towards him hurriedly, calling out, "Jackson!"

The normally hotheaded jock turned to face her, panic stricken across his face. He rushed to her and surprisingly pulled her into a hug.

He pulled away from her, holding onto the back of his neck as he looked around frantically.

"Where's Lydia? Where is she?' he asked.

"Hey, hey!" Sheriff Stilinski called, grabbing Jackson's shoulder and making him face him. "What the hell happened to that girl?"

"I-I don't know," Jackson replied, his voice shaking. "I went out looking for her."

"W-what, you just happened to wander into the middle of that field, and you just found her there like that?" Sheriff asked, getting agitated. "Don't lie to me son."

"No, I—"

Noah grabbed his collar, angry, and Haven moved between them until the sheriff let go.

"Dad..." Haven said softly, keeping herself in the middle of them. "He's not lying to you. Lydia came by and told me she was going outside to look for him, and he passed me later, not outside so I told him Lydia was looking for. Whatever happened to her, he wasn't there."

"She's his girlfriend, it's his responsibility."

"No, she's not, okay!" Jackson replied. "She didn't go to the formal with me."

"Then who'd she go with?" Noah asked.

"Do you really wanna know?" Jackson asked, looking at Haven, who looked down.

This wasn't going to look good for Stiles.

"She went with Stiles," Jackson admitted.

Noah looked at Haven, his facial expression falling, "He didn't go with you?"

"Stiles took her," she replied, not being able to meet his eyes. It wasn't like she could tell her what she knew: Peter had done this.

"Somebody better find my son," Noah muttered, looking specifically at Haven as he said it.

✧☾✧

"Stiles!"

She peddled faster when they came into view at a parking lot structure. She wasn't even sure how she had found them, but she just thought about it, and there she was, making her way to a specific location. She left Jackson with Lydia, telling him to text her updates.

Peter rolled his eyes when he saw her while Stiles looked worried, eyes full of concern.

"How did you—" Stiles asked as she got off her bike, unclipping her helmet.

"Jackson told me about Lydia," she said, walking over to him, and he pulled her into his side.

"I told him—"

"Not to? I know," she finished for him, pulling away from him.

"Don't tell me your username and password is Haven," Peter said to Stiles.

"Excuse me?" Haven asked, bewildered.

"Ignore him," Stiles said. "Why are you here?"

"Your dad has the whole sheriff's department looking for you," she replied, crossing her arms. "Thought it'd be better I found you first."

"Are you a werewolf?" Peter asked her, and she shook her head. "Peculiar than you knew just where to find us."

There was howling, and Peter told Stiles, "Give me your keys."

Stiles sighed, tossing over the keys to Roscoe. "Careful, she grinds in second."

Stiles asked, "So, you're not gonna kill us?"

Peter turned around, and Stiles stepped back, making sure to keep himself placed in front of Haven. She snaked her arms around his, holding herself to his side.

"Don't you understand yet?" Peter asked him. "I'm not the bad guy here."

"You turn into a giant monster and bite my friends," replied Haven, shaking her head. 

"With red eyes and fangs," added Stiles.

"Are you sure you're not the bad guy here?" added Haven.

"The finishing sentences thing you two do," Peter said, pointing between the two of them. "It's so... adorable it's disgusting. But I like you, two, Stiles, Haven. Since Stiles has helped me... and Haven seems to be smart enough to randomly find you... I'm going to give you guys something in return. Do you want the bite?"

There was a silence as both teens processed what the alpha was offering them.

"What?" asked Stiles.

"Do you want the bite?" Peter repeated. "If it doesn't kill you—and it could—you'll become like us."

"Like you?" Haven said warily, and she looked down at Stiles's hand, intertwining it with one of hers as she kept the other arm wrapped around his arm.

"Yes, a werewolf," replied Peter. "Would you like me to draw you a picture? That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you, Stiles. You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl. You'd be equals. Maybe more."

Stiles looked down at Haven, gulping. She tried to silently tell him to say no, but she had a feeling he wanted to say yes. Peter grabbed Stiles's hand, bringing it up to his face.

"Yes or no?"

When Stiles didn't answer, Peter opened his mouth to bite it. Haven closed her eyes, squeezing Stiles's hand, but when she opened it, Stiles had pulled away from Peter.

"I don't wanna be like you," Stiles said.

"Do you know what I heard just then?" Peter asked. "Your heart beating slightly faster over the word 'I don't want.' You may believe that you're telling me the truth, or maybe you're just saying it for her sake, but you are lying to yourself. Goodbye, lovebirds."

When Peter walked away, Haven let go of Stiles's hand and pulled her entire body into him, the boy wrapping his arms around her in a hug. 

"I'm sorry," he muttered, running his hands through her hair. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" she asked, pulling way.

"I wanted tonight to be the night you get to be normal," Stiles admitted, placing his hands on her face, stroking it endearingly. "You looked so happy with Isaac... I... I just... I didn't want to ruin it for you."

"We're in this shit together," she replied. "C'mon, let's go figure out what to say to your father when we get to the hospital. And I need to call Allison again, she's still not answering any of my calls."

✧☾✧

They stormed into the hospital and Sheriff Stilinski pushed his son back.

"You know what? It's good that we're in a hospital because I am going to kill you," Noah said to his son.

"I'm-I'm sorry," Stiles scrambled, scratching the back of his head. "I lost the keys to my Jeep. I had to run all the way here," he lied.

"Stiles, I don't care!" Noah yelled.

"Is she going to be okay?" he asked, peering over his father at Lydia's room.

Mrs. Martin was brushing her daughter's hair.

Noah sighed, "They don't know, partially because they don't know what happened. She lost a lot of blood, but there's something else going on with her."

"W-what do you mean?" Stiles asked.

"The doctor's say it's like she's having an allergic reaction. Her body keeps going into shock."

Stiles started to breath heavily at the information, and Haven rubbed his back.

"Did you see anything?"

Mrs. Martin looked out her daughter's window and saw Haven, sending her a smile and beaconing her forward. She had recognized her from the few times Lydia had her over.

"I'll be back," Haven told them, squeezing Stiles's arm before she apprehensively entered the room.

"Hey," she said to Mrs. Martin, her voice small.

"Hi, sweetie," Lydia's mom said to her. 

"I... I saw her go outside... I didn't..." Haven tried to form a sentence, but she couldn't, tears forming in her eyes as she looked at her friend. "She's only ever been such a good friend... I should've gone after her..."

Mrs. Martin stood up and pulled Haven into a hug, and said, "It's not your fault you didn't go outside with her. I'm glad you didn't. I wouldn't want both of you hurt."

Haven walked outside and stood next to Jackson while Stiles talked to his dad.

"Hey, I know I'm mean to your idiots a lot..." Jackson started, looking down at the shorter girl. "And that you don't exactly like me..."

"Jackson..."

"But I hate feeling this helpless for her, while your nerds are the only ones who can help her," he admitted. "And maybe if I hadn't gone outside looking for the Alpha, Lydia wouldn't have came outside, too."

She rubbed his back, surprised at this new perspective on him as he looked inside the window at the strawberry blonde, fear written on his face.

"I thought that if I had the bite, I wouldn't have to count on McCall to be the only one who can protect any of us. I was helpless at the high school... even Lydia was a bigger help than I was."

"Trust me, everyone around me seems to be trying to keep me out of this world," Haven admitted. "I know how you feel."

"They're not trying to keep you out," Jackson shook his head. "Stiles is trying to keep you from ending up like that." 

They both looked forward at the unconscious strawberry blonde, and she leaned her head against Jackson's arm.

"So... you and Cemetery boy? You know he's my neighbor?" Jackson asked, causing Haven to laugh for the first time she he had called her, and she shook his head at him. "C'mon, let's go get coffee from the cafeteria. We might be here a while."

She nodded and he extended his elbow out for her. She looped her arm with his, peering over her shoulder at Stiles as they left. He looked at them with furrowed eyebrows, his lips tight, but she just smiled at him before looking in front of her.

✧☾✧

"Where are you going?" Jackson called after Stiles.

Both boys had now loosened their lies and untucked their button ups. Haven was rushing behind them, still in her sweatpants and t-shirt, glad she had the chance to shower and change before Jackson called her. She moved furiously, trying not to spills her coffee as she trailed behind the two boys.

"To find Scott," Stiles replied.

"You don't have a car," reasoned Jackson. "What are you gonna do? Find him on Salazar's bike?"

"I'm aware of that. Thank you."

"Here, I'll drive," Jackson offered, grabbing Stiles's shoulder. "Come on—"

Stiles smacked his hand away and said, "Just because you feel guilty all of a sudden doesn't make it okay, all right? Half of this is still your fault."

"Look, I have a car, you don't. Do you want my help or not?" Jackson asked.

Stiles looked at the pleading expression on Haven's face then back to Jackson.

"All right, did you bring the Porsche?" he asked.

"Yeah," Jackson said, pulling his keys out.

"Okay, I'll drive," Stiles said, snatching the keys from him.

Before they could take another step, Chris Argent was in front of them with two men behind him. Stiles and Jackson both stepped closer to one another, shielding off Haven.

"Kids, I was wondering if you can tell me where Scott McCall is," he asked.

"Scott McCall?" Stiles questioned. "Um... haven't seen him since the dance."

"Hmm," Argent said, obviously not believing Stiles, even though it was the truth.

"Jackson, you?" Stiles asked.

"Uh... I uh..." Jackson shook his head.

"Oh, for the love of God," muttered Stiles.

"How about you, Haven?" Argent asked, looking past the boys at her.

She put her hands up and shrugged, letting them fall back down to her sides. "As you can tell from my attire, I was about ready to fall asleep before I heard one of my best friends was in the hospital. I didn't even have the chance to change, let alone go see Scott."

✧☾✧

"Watch it!" Jackson and Stiles both yelled at Argent's men when the three of them were thrown into a hospital room, glaring at them for how they handled Haven. 

"Is that really how you treat a girl?" Jackson scowled as Stiles wrapped an arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to him.

"Let's try this again," was all Argent said. "Where is Scott McCall?"

"You really think it's a good idea to hold minors against their will?" Haven asked, crossing her arms and glaring. "Especially the Sheriff's kid? Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Haven, I love you, but shut the fuck up," Jackson mumbled to her.

Stiles scowled at Jackson's statement.

Chris grabbed Stiles by his collar, slamming him into the wall while Jackson grabbed onto Haven protectively.

"Let go of him!" she yelled, and when Argent's men turned to look at her, Jackson stood in front of her, shaking his head at them.

"Let me ask you a question, Stiles," Argent said. "Have you ever seen a rabid dog?"

"No," Stiles replied. "I could put it on my to-do list if you just let me go."

"Well, I have, and the only thing I've ever been able to compare it to is seeing a friend of mine turn on a full moon. Do you want to know what happened?"

"Not really. No offense to your storytelling skills."

"He tried to kill me," Argent continued with his story anyways. "And I was forced to put a bullet in his head."

He hit Stiles's forehead as he said that, which irritated Haven. 

"The whole while that he lay there dying, he was still trying to claw his way toward me, still trying to kill me, like it was the most important thing he could do with his last breath. Can you imagine that?"

"Obviously you guys weren't that close of friends," snarked Haven. "If you weren't able to help to an anchor to him, your connection just wasn't strong enough. And it's probably because you're the type of person to hold three teenagers hostage and practically assault one."

Argent glared at her while his goons stepped closer to her. Jackson, who was scared out of his own mine, stepped to be in front of her more, trying to shield her.

"Can you imagine that?" he asked again, directing it back to Stiles.

"No. And it sounds like you need a little bit more select—"

Argent was irritated with the snarky commented from the kids, and he smacked the wall behind Stiles. "Did Scott try to kill you on the full moon? Did you have to lock him up?"

"Yeah, I did. I had to handcuff him to a radiator. Why? Would you prefer I locked him in the basement and burned the whole house down around me?"

There were tears forming in Stiles's eyes and Haven tried to move forward, but Jackson was content in keeping her safe behind him.

"I hate to dispel a popular rumor, Stiles, but we never did that," Argent said, finally moving a bit away from Stiles, but keeping a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh, right," Stiles said. "Derek said you guys had a code. I guess no one ever breaks it."

"Never," Argent replied.

"And what does your code say about holding three teenagers hostage?" added Haven, still on the topic of the fact that three grown men wouldn't let three teenagers go, which was probably illegal.

"What if someone does break your code?" Stiles asked, and Haven rolled her eyes as her question was ignored again.

"Someone like who?" Argent asked.

"Your sister," Stiles replied.

✧☾✧

"Seriously?!" Haven yelled down the street, watching as Stiles sped away in Jackson's porsche, dropping her off at her house before going to find Scott.

The door to her house opened, her mom stepping outside with crossed arms. "You have some explaining to do."

✧☾✧

She had finally fallen asleep when there was a ruffling in her sheets. Her eyes opened and her breath became heavy as she felt panic kick in, but it was overridden by the familiar smell of the deodorant on the person next to her.

"Stiles?" she said, calming down as she looked up at him. Both of them kept their arms to their own sides. "What're you doing here?"

"I, um... well I woke up your mom, first off," he said. "And then I told her I had a rough night and wanted to see, and she said you told her about Lydia being in the hospital, so I could stay here if I wanted."

"She said that?" Haven asked, confused.

"Well... she said for me to stay on the floor," Stiles said. "But... after the night we've had... I just... I want to be right here, if that's okay."

She nodded. She turned around so that they weren't facing each other, a blush on her face.

"What happened after you dropped me off?"

"Derek's the alpha now," he said solemnly.

"That's good, right? W-we like him?"

"I mean... yeah... but... the cure for Scott would've came from the one who turned him," Stiles said.

"So we're never going to be normal again?" she asked, her voice small.

"No," Stiles said from behind her. "But I promise to do whatever I can to keep you safe. We'll figure this out."

"Goodnight, Stilinski," she said softly.

"Goodnight, Hav."

✧☾✧

MALIYAH THOUGHTS
yes, the faceclaim changedddd.

thoughts on the chapter? what things do you want to see me explore in future chapters?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 1K 16
[Takes place in season 3A] Everything seemed to be perfect in the small town of Beacon Hills. True-Alpha Scott McCall and his pack of friends; Stiles...
1.4K 24 19
Beacon Hills it looks like a normal town, it has houses, a few high schools, work places. The sun rises once a day, then it falls. People wake up, ge...
94.9K 4K 37
Stiles Stilinksi x male oc Isaac Lahey x male oc Meet Arlo, Scott half brother, through his father. When Rafael goes to Beacon Hills to investigate t...
23.7K 626 48
I made a deal with my cousin, Scott, before I went home for the summer. His girlfriend Allison broke up with him and left for Paris, and my... friend...