She's Golden

De bellenuit

(Also affectionately known as "Wolves in the Big City"). Meet George, twenty-eight year old university libra... Mai multe

She's Golden
Preview Phase - Human and Wolf
Prologue Phase - The She-Wolf
First Phase: Who's that Chick?
Second Phase: Smell Like a Manly Man
Third Phase: Snarl like a B***h (Edited)
Fourth Phase: G'Day, Mate! (Edited)
Fifth Phase - OMG, M-A-T-E!
Sixth Phase: What the Hell Just Happened?
Seventh Phase: Dress to Impress
Eighth Phase: Anticipation, and Linguistic Flirtation
Ninth Phase: Seduction in Esperanto
Tenth Phase: Always
Eleventh Phase: Mate Tracking 101
Twelfth Phase: What Has Been Seen...
Interlude Phase: Weird Tales of Wolves in the City
Phase Thirteen: ...Cannot Be Unseen
Phase Fourteen: Moondance
Phase Fifteen: The Flirtatious Interruption, pt. 1
Phase Fifteen: The Flirtatious Interruption, pt. 2
Phase Sixteen: Here Cad, Have Medicine
Phase Seventeen: Within Earshot
Phase Eighteen: A La Milonga
Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 1.
Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 2
Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt. 3
Twentieth Phase: Well, this is awkward...
Interlude Phase: A Sharp-Dressed Man (L&D)
Phase Twenty-One: Sweet Beginnings
Interlude Phase: A Note from Belle Nuit
Interlude Phase: Werewolves These Days/Sh*t City Wolves Say
Phase Twenty-Two: She's So Stealthy, pt 1
Phase Twenty-Three: Hello Again, Goodbye
Phase Twenty-Four: The Damn Trophy
Phase Twenty-Five: The Girl is Golden, pt. 1
Phase Twenty-Five: The Girl is Golden, pt. 2
Phase Twenty-Six: Every Bit the She-Wolf
Phase Twenty-Seven: The She-Wolf's Temptation
Phase Twenty-Eight: Feeling You
Phase Twenty-Nine: Bond
Thirtieth Phase: The Morning After
Phase Thirty-One: Dressing to Impress...Again
Phase Thirty-Two: Fumbling Toward Ecstasy
Phase Thirty-Three: Role Reversal
Phase Thirty-Four: A Marked She-Wolf?! pt. 1
Phase Thirty-Four: A Marked She-Wolf?! pt 2
Phase Thirty-Five: Those Pesky Pheromones, pt.1
Phase Thirty-Five: Those Pesky Pheromones, pt.2
Phase Thirty-Six: B***h, Please!
Phase Thirty-Seven: Playing House, pt. 1
Phase Thirty-Seven: Playing House, pt. 2
Phase Thirty-Eight: Golden Protection
Phase Thirty-Nine: Madness in Apartment G, pt 1 (edited)
Phase Thirty-Nine: Madness in Apartment G, pt. 2
Fortieth Phase: The White Wolf
Interlude Phase: No Update This Week
Phase Forty-One: We Belong, pt. 1
Phase Forty-One: We Belong, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Two: Purring on the Job
Phase Forty-Three: Into the Wild, pt. 1 (Edited)
Phase Forty-Three: Into the Wild, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Four: Setting the Trap, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Four: Setting the Trap, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Five: Luring the Bait, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Five: Luring the Bait, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Six: Animal Magnetism, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Six: Animal Magnetism, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Seven: She's Coming to Get You, Sophie...
Phase Forty-Eight: The Final Showdown
Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt, 2
Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt, 3
Fiftieth Phase: The End, pt. 1
Fiftieth Phase: The End, pt. 2
Epilogue Phase: We're Golden, pt 1.
Epilogue Phase: We're Golden, pt. 2
Author's Note

Phase Twenty-Two: She's So Stealthy, pt. 2

28K 379 16
De bellenuit

George didn't normally use her wolf-based abilities very much, but when she did, she made sure that it counted in spades.

And the surprised look on his face let her know it did just that.

She set him for this - and she didn't regret it either.  Both she and her wolf were in a playful mood, eagerly hoping for his arrival, and when she somehow felt his presence step into the library, it took quite a bit to hold back the excitement building inside her.  It also took quite a bit to stop her from going down there and punching that old cow Florence in the face after speaking so disrespectfully to her mate.

No wonder she has five ex-husbands.

George listened to his footsteps intently as he moved closer and closer to her office, only sneaking when he was just around the corner.  From across the room, she watched as he walked into her office, as she thought she would.  Oh sure, if her door was closed, he'd just sit beside the door, waiting for her return.  No, she had a feeling that if she left the door ajar, curiosity would get the better of him, and he'd want to take a look inside...

Which is exactly what he did.

He took inventory of her sparse office, noting her lack of personal effects.  That was intentional of course - as a city wolf, she had to do everything in her power to keep her secret, and personal effects had ways to contradicting that.  Besides, she didn't want anyone prying into her past.  Frankly, it was nobody's business, and she didn't need reminders anyway.  The one family photo she had left was quite enough, and it would remain sitting on to of her living room mantle, a sepia memento of happier days.

One day, I promise to give you all sorts of memories to bring here, Georgia...There was something about those words that went straight to her heart, warming up the walls of ice that stood firm.  Wouldn't that be nice - someone to call your own, to fill your life with happy memories until time and times were done?  There would never be fear of loss or abandonment, and there would never be fear of loneliness or walking this earth alone again.

She might have been stubborn, but secretly, it was what she wanted - what every wolf wanted.

A few moments more, and Georgia sprang into action.  Making sure that no one else was near by, she made her way to her office, speedy enough to remain undetected.  While his back was still turned, she stepped inside, closing the door.  The moment he spun around, she moved again, getting to her desk just as he reached the door.  She was a tad afraid of bumping into him, as her office was so small, but somehow she made it work.

We so clever, her wolf yipped in approval.  We play with mateIt fun!

George knew she accomplished her goal when she saw that look on his face.  She certain that if he wore a pair of Depends underwear, he'd allowed himself to pee in his pants because he was just that shocked to see her there.  She couldn't help but smirk as she walked over to him, pleased that she could keep him on his toes.

This is for freaking me how in nothing but a towel, she thought, amused.

As he sputted her reasons for being there and his apologies, she placed her finger on his lips, quieting him.  There was something about looking into his eyes and feeling his lips pursed against her finger that made her blood run hot.  Or maybe it was that her body was pressed against his ever so lightly.  Or maybe still, it was the sound of his quickened heartbeat vibrating in her ears, or that rich scent filling her nostrils.

In any case, if these were the perks of trying, then she could get used to this.

"Now, I want you to listen to be very cafefully, Julian," she whispered softly, keeping her eyes on him.  "If you can do that, then I can forgive you for sneaking into my office, and I'm quite sure that you'll like what I have in mind.  You can do that for me can't you?"

He nodded eagerly, and her smile deepened.  "Good.  Now listen to my instructions.  On the lower level, there's a room I want you to go to on the lower level.  Hardly anyone goes there, and I'm very certain that no one will disturb us nor will they see you with me.  If I am going to try, then I need to keep my position safe.  Is that all right with you?"  Julian nodded once more.  "Good, you'll find it all the way on the east end of the library, where compact shelving is.  Hardly anyone goes there - so no one should trouble you.  You head down there first, and I'll be there in ten minutes."

George removed her finger from his lips, watching as he exhaled deeply.  She continued to smile as he made his way out of the room, listening to his footsteps once more.  Only when he was further enough away did she finally sigh in relief.

"Who knew that a finger could have the power to turn me on?" she whispered, fanning herself.

------

Julian weaved his way through two floors of long stairwells, pushy students, and clipped conversations before making it to the lower level, doing exactly what he was told.  His heart sped in anticipation as his eyes searched, then spotted the compact shelving section.  Sure enough, there was no one to be found, silence padding all three of its walls.  The area was dimly lit with dull flourescent light, which grew dimmer and dimmer the further he moved in.

"No wonder no one ever comes here," he murmured to himself.  "It's like a room you'd find in a horror movie.  All it needs is a cleaver-wielding psycho."

He willed himself to continue on deeper until he spotted - a small study room at the other end of the section, a few steps away from another stairwell.  He didn't hesitate, slipping inside before anyone had the chance to spot him.  With a flick of a light, he found himself bathed in bright, flourescent light.  He sighed deeply, feeling much better about his situation.

He would do anything for Georgia, but still, this creeped him the hell out.  What exactly does she want with me here...?

The room wasn't much - four white-painted walls with a white table and two black chairs.  There were no windows, and blinds on the door that kept prying eyes from peeking inside.  This was definitely a place where people come either meet or study without interruption, as how it was far away from everything and everyone...

"Ah, you found it."  Julian turned around to see Georgia slipping into the room, carefully balancing a white box in her hands. "You followed my directions perfectly - so that means I must forgive you."

"That's what you said," he began, willing himself to sound normal, "but I don't know if I can forgive you for sending me to such a creepy place."

"Yeah, it isn't kind of creepy, isn't it?  But then again, that's what makes it the perfect place."  She took a seat in front of the desk, placing the box on top of it.  "No ever likes going into the creepy part of the library - not even my co-workers who have to come here from time-to-time.  So, it's the perfect place to meet during the week."

"Meet...during the week?"  His excitement eased away the uneasiness. 

"Umhm...during the week.  That is..."  Her voice grew quieter.  "...if you prefer simply meeting on weekends."

"No, no, this is great!"  Julian quickly took the other seat in front of the desk, unable to stop himself from grinning.  "If this is a place where we can see each other without you having to lose your job, then I'm all for it - creepiness and all."

Georgia giggled, nodding her head.  "I figured you might say that.  Are you hungry?"  She pulled the white box apart, one sumptuous slices of strawberries, whipped cream, and cake appearing before his eyes.  Delicious...  "The Bibliocafe has strawberry shortcake today.  I though we could share a little bit before I have to get back to work."

"I'd love to," Julian cooed as she handed him a fork.  "Usually, I lay off the sweets, but it looks too good to pass up."

"That's precisely why I bought it - and you know how much I love my sweets."  Georgia broke off a small piece, happily taking it into her mouth.  "Umm...nothing like the Chocolat Patisserie, but still pretty good."

"I think it's safe to say that no one can beat that place."  Julian pierced a whipped cream-covered strawberry with his fork, eating it quickly.  "It's just a shame that it's only open late nights - and that it's downtown."

"Yeah, that is a shame, but then again, that's probably a good thing.  I'm still kind working off last week's sweets, though those macaroons were worth it."  He watched as she shifted in her chair a little bit, a timid smile on her face.  "So...um...how are you doing?"

Aww...she's getting shy.  "I'm okay, especially now that my class has ended, and my paper is out of the way."

"Ah.  Did you work hard enough to get the 'A' that I asked for?"

"Of course, I did."  He smiled confidently. brushing off imaginary dirt off his shoulders.  "Thanks again for your help with those sources - they were bang-on."

"You're very welcome, but the biggest thanks will come from when your final grade is posted."

"You don't think I'll get it?"  He gave her a look of mock sadness.  "Ye of so little faith."

"Oh, I'm sure you will, Julian."  He tried not to stare as she had another piece of strawberry shortcake, licking the whipped cream off her lips.  I will not lose my breath this time...  "Besides, you promised that you'd do nothing to break my heart.  If you paper comes back with a grade other than an 'A'..."

"Wow, you're all about the emotional blackmail, aren't you?"  Julian covered his mouth, unable to stop the loud laughter in time.  "Oh man, I'm sorry, Georgia.  I didn't mean to laugh so loudly."

"Silly Julian," she began with a giggle, "don't you realize that there's a reason I picked this room.  Look around you."  Julian looked around at the room once more.  "The door is heavy, which means it keeps in the most sound, and the walls are heavy and well-insulated.  It's supposed to be a quiet study room and a media room after all.  It's just never used because this area freaks everyone out.  People don't like it when things are too quiet."

"I can't say I blame them.  I admit, when I came down here, I was...a little worried."

"Worried?"  Georgia looked at him quizzically.  "Why would you be worried?"

"Well," he began nervously, "when someone asks you to walk into an area that reminds you of a horror film, one can't help but feel a bit antsy."

"I guess that's true.  I don't like coming to this area, and I work here.  But you don't have to worry."  Her smile was as warm as the rays of the summer sun.  "I wouldn't never do anything to do anything to cause you any harm - secret rooms in creepy areas nonwithstanding."  She narrowed her eyes toward him, and his heart sputtered.  "You know that, don't you?"

Julian didn't hesitate to answer.  "Oh yeah - I know.  If last Saturday was any indication."

Georgia's face may have been a rich, dark caramel color but he swore he saw her blushing.  "I'm still a little embarrassed about that."  Her eyes hardened slightly.  "Has she troubled you at all?"

"No, not even a dirty look."  Pain radiated throughout his body, the last remnants of his bruised ego flaring up.  "I guess I really wasn't worth her time."

"You should be glad for that."  Julian inhaled deeply as Georgia timidly placed her hand on top of his.  "If that's how she shows favor to people, then she's not worth your time or anybody elses.  You're much better off without her."

Georgia...you do care...  "You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"No, I'm not, I'm speaking the truth," she insisted.  "She may be pretty, but she's got an ugly personality, and she proved that when she made all those baseless accusations against me.  And then, she had the audacity to put her hands on you?"  Georgia willed herself to calm down, taking a breath.  "I may have only just met you, and I have no business prying into your personal life, but you deserve so much better than her, and God help her if I catch her messing with you again."

You deserve so much that her, and God help her if I catch her messing with you again.  The cold, steel edge of her voice made him shiver, both in fear and in delight.  While he wasn't the first time he'd heard Georgia sound so fierce, it still reminded him that while Georgia may have looked like your typical, docile librarian, she did have it in her to be anything but, if her handling of Sophie was any indication.  Yet it made him happy to know that Georgia was so protective of him, even though they'd only known each other for a short while.  

He knew he'd do anything for her.  It was wonderful to know the she'd do the same for him.

"Julian?"  He looked up to see Georgia eyeing him cautiously.  "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just surprised that you feel so strongly about the whole thing," he said quietly.  "And...it's nice to hear someone being so protective of me."

"Huh?  Oh!"  Georgia jerked her hand back, looking away, flustered.  He watched as she kneaded her hands in her lap.  "I, um, I, er, I didn't mean to make it sound like that."

"Yes, you did."  He wouldn't allow her to escape that easily.  "And I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the idea of your protecting my body."

"Don't you start!" she warned, trying to keep herself from giggling.  "I didn't bring you here to get cheeky with me, mister."

"Oh, but you like it so much!" he teased back.  "And I enjoy doing it."

"Of course you do - a little too much I might add."

"Just like I'm sure you'd enjoy protecting this body a little too much," he whispered huskily, unable to stop himself.  I just love riling her up.  "Or maybe I should be worried about the things you'd do if you had that kind of access..."

He didn't get to finish.  Georgia stuff the piece of strawberry shortcake into his mouth so fast, he almost missed it.  She smirked as he stared at her with wide-eyes, unable to do anything else but eat the cake.

"I think the only thing you have the worry about is whether these strawberries are sweet or sour," she mused.  "In the meantime, let me enjoy the silence - HEY!"

Julian smiled as Georgia recoiled from the brush of his tongue on her thumb.  There was whipped cream there - no way in hell was I going to ignore it.  "They taste pretty sweet to me, if your thumb is any indication."

"Hmph, and you call me the naughty librarian!"  If she was annoyed with him, she didn't show it.  And that was enough for him.

------

Time goes by so quickly, George mused sadly as they finished up the last of the strawberry shortcake.

Granted, she only had about a half an hour to spare with Julian before she had to head back to work, but she didn't think she'd enjoy her time with him so much.  Sure, he was cheeky, and loved to push her buttons, but for some reason, she enjoyed that.  She knew he did it to amuse her, much like Dominic traded barbs with her playfully whenever they hung out together.  But Dominic wasn't her mate - Julian was.  There was something about him riling her up that brought out primal emotions that never though she was capable of.

Yeah, he was definitely her mate.

George was surprised as how calm she managed to keep herself throughout that whole "protecting his body" part of the conversation.  There was nothing innocent about the way he said it, and there was absolutely nothing innocent about what popped into her mind.  The arousal of the human and the wildness of the wolf proved to be a powerful combination, and she was very close to giving into to her emotions as the image of her, naked and hungry, climbing atop him, eyes glowing golden, whispering "mine" possessively...

Stop that! she chastised herself.  Or you're going to need a cold shower.

But that was the power of the mate bond, and she knew it would only get grow stronger as time went on.  Still, it was all so overwhelming, and she felt like she couldn't keep up with it all.  It was all moving so fast, and she'd only agreed to try, not do...

Then again, if she could think of him like that and secretly enjoy it, maybe she was moving a bit faster than she thought previously.

In any case, she needed to get back to work, and she definitely needed a breather.

"As much as I loved this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get back to work," she began, sitting up from her desk.  "I've got a staff meeting in a half and hour, and then I'm meeting a graduate student who needs help with their thesis."

"Is that the polite of saying you're sick of me teasing you, so get the hell out?" Julian asked.

"Something like that," George said with a giggle.  "Though not in those words.  In any case, if you like, we can meet back here on Monday, when I come back to work."

"Ugh, another weekend without seeing you?  What are you trying to do kill me?"  He may have been joking, but the hint of seriousness in his voice wasn't lost on her.  "Isn't there anyway I can see you sooner than that?  Like maybe, tomorrow night?"

"Ah..."  She frowned, disappointed.  "Julian - "

"I know you said you just wanted to try, but I've really missed you this entire week," he continued on.  "And I always like spending time with you."

The feeling was mutual.  "I can't."  He looked like she'd punched him in the gut.  She felt the same way.  "I...I already have plans."

"Oh. I see."  It pained her to see him so crestfallen.  "Well, at least I tried..."

"It's just that, I have this dance contest I'm doing with Dominic tonight at a club out in the suburbs."  Yeah, that's right, reassure him, even though you really didn't have to.  Screw that, you totally did.  "We've been practicing for a bit now and he really wants to win.  Have you ever heard of a game called 'Dance Central'?"

"Yeah, I've heard of it.  Liam plays it sometimes, especially when he's trying to impress a girl."

"Sounds about right.  Anyway, this club holds game dance contests from time-to-time, and Dominic always drags me out to them.  He has to win that trophy, and since its always a doubles kind of contest, he needs me to help him achieve just that."  Her eyes twinkled as the idea popped into her head.  "Hey, why don't you come out and cheer us on?  I'm sure we can go do something after the contest, that is, if you are interested."

Julian stared at her in silence, and it didn't take long for her insecurity to eat away at her.  What the hell was she thinking, asking him that?  Whatever happened to just trying?  But it just slipped out of her mouth, and he really looked sad at the thought of being partned from her.  And she didn't like the idea of being parted from him either, even though she was supposed to take it slow...

"That is," she backed up nervously, "if you're okay with going to a club..."

"I'd love to go and cheer you on," he replied, a huge grin spread across his face.  "I mean, I'd probably need for my roommate to come with me since he's the one with the car, but yeah, I'm definitely in."

"Oh, good!"  Mentally, she breathed a sigh of relief.  "Good, well, we're in agreement then.  It's at the Club Maxibar in Schaum Heights at around nine.  I'm sure you can find it on Google maps, unless your roommate already knows where it is."

"I'm sure he does, considering he knows where everything is.  But will Dominic be okay with me and my roommate tagging along?"

"Oh yeah, he'll be fine with it.  He's quite the social butterfly, that one.  I'm sure he and Liam will be best friends once the night is over."

"Then they should get along just fine, considering Liam is a Big-Man-On-Campus himself.  Sounds like a match made in heaven to me."

"Me too.  In any case, I have to get going."  She nodded shyly.  "See you tomorrow, Julian.  Don't forget to put on your dancing shoes"

He nodded back.  "Yes you will, Georgia.  I look forward to seeing your moves, by the way."

Julian gave her one last wink before she left the room, leaving him behind before he could see the shyness on her face.  There was no need for her to inspect her surroundings - she'd already heard that there was no one who dared to wandered into the area.  It made it easier to hear him slipping out of the room a few moments later, skipping out of the library as though he'd won the lottery.

How a heartbeat manages to skip in time with the rest of the body, she'd never know.

If this is what it's like to try, she thought, then maybe doing won't be so bad at all...

"Hey, Georgia!" The she-wolf gritted her teeth, turning her focus to the crotchety old librarian sitting at the help desk, her name tag as crooked as her entire face was. "My, that was a long lunch, now, wasn't it?"

George looked away, smirking.  She didn't normally use her wolf-based abilities very much, but when she did, she made sure that it counted in spades.

And making that bitch Florence pee in her pants would do just that.

You a bitch, her wolf yipped in mischief.  Me like how you think.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

51.4K 2K 53
Sexual content 18 and older advised "Asher-" I tried but he tossed over my phone in my lap "Forget my number" he said walking out "Wait Asher" I tri...
261K 12.5K 25
This is the third in my 'Breaking' Series. Thomas Cooper has lived a hard life since leaving the ranch four years ago. The kind of life that changes...
317K 16.9K 34
The third book in my 'outlaw' series (for lack of what else I should call it!) Make sure to read 'Give my Love to Rose' and 'Give My Heart to Kaitlyn...
1.2M 34.1K 35
Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question if our presidents and our global leaders...