Phase Thirty-Seven: Playing House, pt. 2

Well, THAT was a bad idea, Dominic thought to himself once all was said and done.

Dominic put on his clothes in a mad, furious haste with intent to pursue the younger boy.  Who knew that humans could be so fast when they wanted to be?  He didn't have a chance - by the time he shift, Liam was out the door, screaming like a nine-year-old girl who watched "The Exorcist" thanks in part to her snotty older sister.  It didn't help that he screamed out "holy shit, he's a wolf, he's a freakin' wolf" over and over again before stealing away into the neighborhood.

He was pretty sure that the neighbors would pay no mind to it, but still - privacy was very sacred to a werewolf, especially in the city.

Dominic was beside himself with worry, wondering if he'd done the right thing.  Unlike his dear loba he'd never been uneasy about being a wolf.  So when Liam questioned it, he had no trouble showing him the truth.  But now, he couldn't help but wonder if he was being too cocky.  Yes, he carried his mate's scent within his nostril and he would no double be able to track him, but that didn't mean Liam would want to be found easily. 

This was definitely a case of when keeping it real goes terribly wrong.

I wish I could call Georgia right now, he thought sadly as he headed to his car.  He'd been meaning to tell Georgia the truth, but he'd never gotten around to it.  He was just so happy to be blessed with a mate, really, and she'd been busy with her own mate, getting closer and closer to him with each passing day no doubt.  And then there was the little fact that his mate just happened to be the roommate of her mate.  He knew that fact would not sit well with Georgia - it was pretty freaky after all - and really, he wanted Liam to himself for a while.  But as calmness gave way to anxiety and fear, Dominic felt even further alienated from his friend, the friend he needed so badly right now...

No - don't be a bitch about this, Dominic scolded himself, nodding in resolve.  You just need to go out and find him, and when you do, you need to make it up to him.  He needs to understand, but you also need to understand that this won't be easy for him.

Whatever happened, Dominic just hoped that at the end of the day, he'd get those pets somehow.

------

This...was going to be a problem.

For Julian, it was one thing to be turned on by the sight of Georgia in nothing but a bra and panties.  It was something very to see her completely dressed save for her bare arms uncovered by layered tanks of white and gray yet still wanting to carry her into the bedroom with the intent of doing very naughty things. 

Who needed pornography when watching a woman tidy up her house elicited the same reaction?

God, did she have to be beautiful all the time?  He was going to need to see an optometrist if this kept up.  He found it difficult to keep his eyes off her, and sometimes he stared at her so hard it hurt and her vision gave way to stark whiteness temporarily.  But he couldn't help himself.  He craved seeing her any chance he got, and it filled him with elation knowing that she chose him, and he would never be without her.  Living with her for the past week only exacerbated this feeling.  Now that he'd come home to her, picked up the house with her, woke up in the morning with her, and fell asleep beside her, he didn't know how he could ever return to that apartment of his. 

It was all happening so fast but he knew that he never wanted to be without her.  Hell, he felt like he couldn't be without her - it would be too hard.

The wildness inside him, the beast with passionate urges that he never realized he had until the night he felt compelled to bite her on the neck, absolutely refused to leave this place.  The beast's possessiveness toward Georgia would not allow for them to be apart.  In its mind, she belonged to him and no one else, and its duty was to protect her and to give her everything she needed.  Whenever Julian caught sight of the mark he gave her, the feelings intensified.  Georgia turned out to be right - the mark was permanent and refused to go away.  This pleased the wildness - the mark showed the world that she was bonded to him and would never be bonded to anyone else.