Fiftieth Phase: The End, pt. 1

If the howling in the distance was bad enough, all that blood are over her smoking outfit made it all even worse.

At least that bitch was dead.  She got exactly what she deserved.

Sophie tried to navigate her way through the deep, dense forest, agitated.  If she had the keys to Liam's car, it would be so much easier to get out of there.  But Julian had the keys, and he didn't bother to leave them with her when he left...

Her love, her only love had betrayed her.  He set her up, and he left her alone with that...that thing...

No - it wasn't true!  It couldn't be true!  He loved her!  He brought up there so that she could prove her love for him.  That bitch Georgia was just fucking with her head.  She'd do anything to mess with her head.  She lost and she was just being a bitter pill about it. She was just mad that Julian finally saw sense and picked his true love.

But it was all good.  Sophie smiled at the memory of her stabbing Georgia over and over again. The rush she got with every pierce was indescribable, and she harbored no regrets.  She told that bitch she'd kill her, and she did.  She saw her chance, and she went kept her promise.

It's just a shame that it stained her clothing, though.  She really liked this skirt.

But now, she had to focus on getting the hell out of there.  Everything else would have to wait.  She needed to get out of this forest, strip out of these clothes, and get herself in gear.  Even if she deserved to die, there was going to be fallout from Georgia's death.  Not that she was worried about anything.  It was self-defense, plain and simple.  If she didn't stab that crazy bitch, then she'd be the one dead.  She had no choice - it had to be done.  And that's exactly what she'd say if the cops gave sniffing around.  She's reveal everything about her relationship with Julian, and how that made her a target.  She'd make sure to take pictures of all the bruises all over her body to prove that Georgia put her hands on her, and that she had no choice but to protect herself.

She was the victim in all this.  She was.  She had no choice.  She did what she had to do.  It had to be done or else she'd be the dead one.  That was her story, and she would stick to it.  She had no regrets...

A loud, piercing howl echoed across the sky.  Sophie came to a sudden halt, unable to stop the cry from ripping from her throat.  Shit, why the fuck were these damn wolves howling anyway?  It wasn't even Halloween and there was nothing creepy about this night.  Yeah, the wood was thick and the clouds were dark and gray, but that didn't mean anything.  It wasn't like she was an enemy trying to breach their territory.  Besides, were wolves supposed to be known for their shyness?  Oh sure, the horror movies portrayed them as horrifying creatures with a taste for human flesh, but that wasn't the case.  They liked their privacy - any scientist worth their Ph.D knew that.  They were about as anti-social as that shady kid who always sat in the back of the class, writing names in a slam book and fantasizing about making everyone pay.

So, then why did she feel like breaking into a furious run into the opposite direction?

"Focus, Granger, focus!"  she hissed.  She smacked her cheeks a few times, gathering her determination. "You're going to get out of here - you're going to get out of here and you're going to find help.  It'll all blow over soon..."

The second howl startled her more than the first.  A slew of expletives came flying out of her mouth as her knees crashed hard onto the ground.  With a growl, she tossed away the branches and dried leaves scratching at her legs.  

"Shit!  This isn't funny."  Holding on to whatever was left of her sanity seemed more difficult as time marched on.  "Fucking wolves, you need to shut the hell up already!  Suck it up and take some damn drugs if you're that depressed."