Phase Thirty-Three: Role Reversal

Author's Note:  I just want to remind all you ladies that Julian is purely human and there is a method to my madness.  That is all. :)

------

Even if she carried enough strength within her to be one of those bad-ass Alpha Females that rule the forests with an iron paw, her tail was firmly in between her legs tonight.

Julian was here - in her house.

He was going to stay the night.

And the kicker - she was the one who engineered this turn of events.

I must be a glutton for punishment, she thought, unimpressed with herself.

George's wolf, on the other hand, was completely ecstatic.  It scampered so much, not knowing how to handle this much excitement.  And while her wolf was always happy to spend time with their mate, there was something in the air that increased its elation twenty-fold. 

Happy hump day, happy hump mate day, her wolf repeated in a sultry purr that would make even a dominant alpha give pause.

George might have offered Julian a pleasant smile as they walked it, but she knew she was on the brink of a meltdown, complete with pained barking and whining.  What the hell was she thinking, inviting him home like this?  It was one thing to spend the night together at the hotel - they were stranded after all - but to intentionally invite him into her home to spend the night?  Wasn't their steps involved in getting to that point, like getting to know each other, getting closer, and hell, maybe an STD test taken for good measure?

 Our mate!  Our mate no have fleas.  No need test!

George mentally rolled her eyes at her wolf's faith in Julian.  What did a wolf know about STDs anyway?  Did wolves even get STDs?  Probably not.  Wolves were exactly know for their promiscuity - their human counterparts on the other hand...

"W-Well, here we are," she began, willing herself to stay calm.  Her body wasn't listening so far.  "Welcome to my, uh, humble abode."

She found herself holding her breath as he took in the sights of her apartment.  "Are you sure this is your house, or a display at Ikea?"

"Huh?  What are you talking about?"

"This place is amazing!" She'd never seen his smile so wide.  "Like something I'd see in a home decorating magazine or something."  He pointed toward the living room.  "Do you mind if I look around?"

"Uh..."  George couldn't hide her anxiety.  "Y-Yeah, I guess."

If he could sense her apprehension, he didn't give any indication of it.  Instead, he slipped off his shoes, taking everything in.  George took a deep breath, unstrapping her gladiator sandals.  As she watched his fingers glide across her glass dining room table, starting at her purple dining room tables in awe.

"This place makes my house look like a rowdy frat house," he admitted, shaking his head in embarrassment.  "And we actually tried to do something with it.  We should have just asked you to help us?"

"It's nothing much, really."  George took pride in the way she decorated her apartment, but she still felt the need to downplay it.  "It took me a really hard time to get everything.  It's still kind of a work in progress."

"It completely suits you."  She watched as he walked over to her living room, admiring the purples, grays, blacks, and soft whites that coloured it.  "You even have a lot of books, like I imagined that you would."

"What can I say?  I'm a voracious reader."  She slowly made her way toward him.  "Being a librarian doesn't help my habit either."

"Probably not, no."  Julian eyes darted over to the big screen LED TV, his smile growing even bigger.  "Damn, what is that, fifty inches?  I live with two other guys, and yet all we have is a 37-inch!"