Phase Seventeen: Within Earshot

Julian looked at George's visitor through slits of eyes.  He didn't care a bit for the man who sat across from Georgia, staring at him with bright happy eyes and pearly white teeth.  Who the hell was he?  What the hell was he doing here with Georgia, looking so damn good like he just stepped off the runways of Paris and Milan?

And more importantly, why was Georgia enjoying his presence in the first place?

If he weren't so infuriated, he would happily melted at the sight of those beautiful, golden eyes of hers. With the sunlight from her window streaming in, they looked even more vibrant, warming the soft smile on her face.  It he weren't so concerned for that loser sitting in the room, he'd have the fortitude to walk right up and finish the job he couldn't last night.

She might have sent him away, but he wouldn't hesitate to walk right up and kiss her deeply on the lips.

"Mr. Chang," she began quietly in her professional made that made him shiver, despite the anger.  "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

Julian gave a cold glance to Georgia's visitor before speaking.  "I came here because I was hoping to see you."  He glanced over to her visitor again, who gave him a nod and a smile.  His face remained like stone.  "Alone."

"Alone, hmm?"  Georgia chuckled under her breath, exchanging amused glances at her visitor.  Julian gritted his teeth.  Stop looking at him like that!  "Well, as you can plainly see, I am already in the middle of a meeting.  And distinctly remember telling you that they was no further need for us to meet anymore."

"I know, but I was hoping you'd reconsider."  He took one step forward, and she responded by standing up tall.  She may have been slightly shorter than he was - five-foot-five by his estimation - but with that firm looking on her face, it felt like she stood even taller.  "I came to tell you how sorry I am about all this, Georgia..."

"George," she reminded flatly, eyes distant and vacant.  "I've told you time and time again to stop calling me that.  You are not allowed to call me by my full name - especially after the crap you pulled last night.  In fact, even if you didn't, I wouldn't allow it because I don't allow anyone to call me that."

"You allow me too!"  The man in the chair interjected with a smile.  "I call you that all the time, that and..."  One icy stare from George quieted him down.  "Sorry - not the right time." 

Julian couldn't help but smile at the egg on his rivals face.  That's right - keep making yourself look bad, you dumbass pretty boy. 

"As I was saying," Georgia continued, "I don't allow anyone to call me by the full name.  Not even the other librarians here call me that, so why should you?  It's not as though you spe- "  Her voice trailed.  No, it wasn't that it trailed.  She was trying to finish the sentence, but something seemed to be stopping her.  "Well, I mean is, it's not as though we have more than professional relationship.  So mind your tongue."

"So does that mean you share a special relationship with him?"  Julian asked, voice dripping with venom and he threw a heated glance over to the visitor, who continued to smile at him, relaxed and content.  "Who is this guy, anyway?"

"That's none of your business," she snapped back.  "And I don't think I like your tone.  You'd do well to drop the attitude now or else I'll get rid of it for you."

"Whoa, easy there, loba."  The visitor strode over to George's side, placing at hand on the small of her back.  Julian mentally seethed at the site of that asshole touching her so easily.  I should be the one touching her like that!  "No need to get yourself so worked up.  Besides, I don't mind introducing myself to him.  You know me, I like to get to know people."