Phase Thirty-Five: Those Pesky Pheromones, pt.1

"What is she, a fucking ghost?"  Sophie stormed away from her computer desk in disgust.  "I can't find anything on her.  It's like she doesn't fucking exist!"

"Maybe she's one of those girls who all uppity about her information being on the internet."  Sophie's stomach turned at the sound of Randy's voice, full and moist with whatever the hell he was eating - either way, it would have been better if he kept his damn mouth shut.  "She doesn't seem like the type to have like a thousand friends on Facebook.  Now, me on the other hand..."

"Save it, Randy!  Everyone knows that all you friends on Facebook are either family members or very desperate women."  Randy looked like a child who just found out that Santa Claus wasn't real, but Sophie couldn't care less.  She was a woman on a mission.  "Urgh, this is so frustrating!  I need something on her!  Why can't I find anything on her?"

"Are you sure she goes to our school?" Randy suggested.  "You know Julian could just said that to get you off his ass."

"And what is that suppose to mean?" she asked darkly.

"It means that as hot as you are, you definitely have the grounds to plead cray-cray - OW!!"  The force of Sophie's slap sent him flying off the couch, hitting the floor with a hard thud.  "What the hell was that for?"

"For being much a classy gentlemen!" she replied, voice seeped in sarcasm.  "Now stop being such a smartass and help me think!"

"How the hell am I suppose to think after you scrambled my brain with that hit?"  Randy crawled back onto the couch, rubbing his head.  "Seriously, is my name Tina and is your name Ike all of a sudden?  I deserve better treatment."

"Nobody cares, Randy.  Nobody cares."  Sophie rubbed her temples, feeling the onset of a headache.  "This is really pissing me off.  Every minute he's with that girl, she sinks her claws into him further and further.  And the messed up part is that he allows it.  It sickens me how much he's fallen for her ridiculousness - she's not even that cute."

"Why do you even care Sophie?  It's not like you want him anymore - you've got me!"

"Ugh, now I feel even sicker."  She stared daggers at him, even as she laughed in amusement.  "Haven't you figured out by now that you're my in to keep tabs on Julian and that bitch?  You seriously believed that I hooked up with you because you're attractive and because I wanted to make her jealous?"

"Yeah!" he replied, full of himself.  "What other reason would there be?"

"You really are a delusional douchebag, aren't you?  I've told you this repeatedly, and you still don't get it."

"I'd prefer to think that I'm wearing you down, baby."  He gave her his best come-hither eyes, which made him seem more creep and less casanova.  "I'm wearing you down..."

"Ugh, you smell."  With her frustration at an all time high, Sophie dangerously close to ripping that smelly bastard apart.  This wasn't happening!  She wasn't going to let that woman win!  "There has to be something I haven't thought of yet."

"Well, maybe she uses a different name online," Randy suggested.  "You know, because no one ever wants to be themselves on the internet."

"A different name?  Seriously, that's the dumbest thing I've - " As if on cue, something stirred from the recesses of her memory.  Memories of that disastrous milonga began play within her head - particular one piece of conversation she'd never given much thought to before.  "A different name...a different name..."

She sounds like she's no good to me, Sophie remembered herself saying on the way there.  What is she doing seeking comfort from you when she has a boyfriend for that, an attractive boyfriend I might add? Being a total skeeze, that's what. The fact that she's not even that cute makes it more shameless.