The 7 Deadly Sins: The Cursed...

By ravenmoon_

Within the realm of the Celestial Palace, where everyone maintains peace and order down to the world of morta... More

Chapter 1: The Mission
Chapter 2: Pride
Chapter 3: Envy & Wrath
Chapter 4: The Secluded House
Chapter 5: Lust On A Rouge
Chapter 6: Sloth
Chapter 7: The Underworld
Chapter 8: Gluttony and Apologies
Chapter 10: Finally Complete
Chapter 11: Broken Child
Chapter 12: Hide and Seek
Chapter 13: When Love Turned into Lust
Chapter 14: Double Encounters
Chapter 15: Carrot Cakes and Books
Chapter 16: Workaholic or Just Greedy?
Chapter 17: Swallow Your Pride Part 1
Chapter 18: Swallow Your Pride Part 2
Chapter 19: An Emerging Betrayal
Chapter 20: One Point For The Underworld
Chapter 21: The Slap of Failure
Chapter 22: Fears
Chapter 23: Captivity
Chapter 24: Gearing Up
Chapter 25: Save Yourself
Chapter 26: My Nightmare Came True
Chapter 27: Saved By A Traitor
Chapter 28: Who Came To Visit?
Chapter 29: Bloody Battlefield
Chapter 30: The King's Jackpot
Chapter 31: Checkmate
Chapter 32: Lost Hope
Chapter 33: The Eclipse
Chapter 34: The Final Battle pt. 1
Chapter 35: The Final Battle pt. 2
Chapter 36: In Its Time (The Final Chapter)
The Original Ending

Chapter 9: Pretentious Greed

570 38 37
By ravenmoon_

"So is this really the last time I'm eating these?" Xion pouted as he looked at the now empty plastics and containers of the food he ate, as well as the plates in front of him which earlier had Seoho's carbonara. They decided to explain everything to Xion during dinner.

Gabrielle looked at Xion once again. She cannot believe that's how he reacted to their explanation about him being cursed.

"Is that it? You're not going to react about your curse?" Hwanwoong asked. He also cannot believe that's how he reacted. He had the only different reaction of them all so far.

Xion sniffed. "I mean, I'm not that surprised. I always felt something off about me." He paused. "Even this mark here below my collarbone doesn't even look like a birthmark at all."

That statement made all the guys touch the area below their collarbone.

"I have one too." Ravn's eyebrows furrowed.

"Me too." Leedo peeked through his green sweater.

"I got one too. Look at my collarbones. Aren't they sexy as hell?" Keonhee bragged, exposing his collarbone as well as the mark below it by pulling the collar of his white shirt.

Seoho rolled his eyes. "We're talking about marks, Keonhee. Not collarbones." Keonhee rolled back his eyes at Seoho, hiding his collarbone once again. "Stop interfering, kimchi."

Hwanwoong tapped on his mark through his shirt. "I thought I had two birthmarks."

Gabrielle scratched her head, smiling awkwardly. "Right, I forgot to mention those marks on your body." All of the guys just looked at her, waiting for an explanation.

The mark below their collarbone was as small as a coin. It does look like a birthmark, except for the mixture of the colors red and brown within it. If looked closely, they'd look like distorted flames.

She cleared her throat. "Well, those marks are basically what marks you as cursed." She made a silly grin at her explanation. "We only know you've gotten rid of your curse when those marks completely disappear. It'll slowly fade, as you slowly get rid of the curse."

They all nodded in unison.

Gabrielle took the bag that hung on her chair from behind. "I almost forgot." She fished out five cellphones from her bag and placed it on the table. Ravn's, Keonhee's, and Hwanwoong's eyes widened in excitement as they saw their phone at the middle of the table.

"I got your phones because I think you all probably need it. You aren't supposed to have one when you're here but since I heard people go insane without their phones." Gabrielle shrugged her shoulders. "However, we need to make a deal."

"What deal?" Hwanwoong protested when his hand almost grabbed his phone, his fingers already touched the screen.

"You cannot call the police or tell anyone about this." She eyed them with suspicious eyes. "It's even like I kidnapped you guys here to get your organs."

"Of course we won't, Gabrielle. We'd be the one to look crazy." Ravn looked at Gabrielle like it's an obvious thing.

"That's not all." Gabrielle said. "Your accesses are limited. Like for example," Her eyes darted from Keonhee and Hwanwoong.

"Hwanwoong, you cannot play games all the time. You need to get up when I tell you to. We'll talk about the details soon." Now her eyes met Gabrielle. "Keonhee, you can never watch those videos. Not even a clip. I know what that is, and I know what's on your mind."

All the boys bursted out laughing, while Keonhee looked heartbroken. "Dude, seriously!?"

"Yes, seriously.... Darling." Gabrielle smiled sweetly at Keonhee, mocking him by using the nickname he's used for her. Keonhee just slumped to his seat, his lips pouting.

"Your pouting won't get through me, Lee Keonhee. Please sit properly."

"Yes, master." He muttered as he sits straight.

"That actually applies to all of you. No excessive activities with your phone. I hope you know your limitations and be honest. I don't like getting lied behind my back." She told them and they nodded, completely understanding her.

"Yes, mom!" Xion said with a smile.

Ravn chuckled. "You sound like an idol's manager."

Gabrielle shrugged her shoulders with a smile until she remembered another thing. "By the way, these two are yours, Leedo and Seoho." She handed the two remaining phones to them. "I bought them for you two to be fair with all of them."

"You have money?" Seoho looked at Gabrielle with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course, I do!" Gabrielle instantly replied. "My superior provided money for me."

"I already placed my number on your phones so you can call me anytime, but with limitations." Gabrielle said once again. They all took their phones with a smile on their faces, except Ravn.

Gabrielle caught on his serious face, remembering something. "Oh, Ravn, I almost forgot. Your phone kept vibrating in my bag, but I don't want to answer it since it's not mine. You might think of answering it."

Ravn didn't answer at all as he stared at the numerous missed calls on his phone. He turned it off, and that's when he gave Gabrielle a nod.

°°°°°

Excitement was evident on Gabrielle's face. She made it to the company building of the last cursed man. She's finally having them in her hands before anything happens. She's currently looking through the window on the 24th floor of the building.

Her hair was flowing everywhere as she peeked through the window but she couldn't see anyone inside. Puzzled, she decided to enter the room anyways.

Her eyes wandered around the spacious room.

Brown walls surrounded her. There were about three paintings displayed against it. Gabrielle soon realized she was stepping on a gray carpeted floor with different shades. A few meters near the door was a black leather couch and a glass table with a stack of magazines below it. Across the room was a large desk covered with glass. The computer was on and there were opened folders all over the desk. At the front edge of the table was a black rectangular glass with something written on it.

Gabrielle walked towards the desk and read what's written on it.

Song Mingi
CEO

Gabrielle nodded her head. Of course, Mingi is the CEO of KQ Corporation.

Her eyes wandered around once again, finally stopping at a shelf full of frames, certificates, and plaques. There were pictures of him shaking hands with other men and women in suits. Some were pictures of him with a building. Gabrielle thought of how Mingi seemed to like buying companies and having a lot of connections. Even achievements.

He's indeed competitive, Gabrielle thought. However, she remembered how his competitiveness made him lose a lot of things, which Mingi was completely unaware of. He was busy with everything, and in return, he's starting to lose something more valuable than these goals he's trying to achieve.

"So are you an angel or a ghoul?" A deep voice echoed through the room, making Gabrielle jump in surprise. She turned around and saw Mingi leaning beside the door, his arms crossed to his chest. His orange hair was parted and you could see his forehead and eyebrows. He wore a white button up long sleeved shirt fixed with a black necktie that was loosened. It was paired with black slacks and black leather shoes.

When Gabrielle didn't answer, Mingi tilted his head to the side, still looking at her deeply.

Gabrielle looked back at him, completely puzzled. Her brows were furrowed. "How do you..."

"I'll assume you're an angel." Mingi interrupted Gabrielle as he observed her. His eyes traveled from her face, down to her feet. He looked at her eyes once again, which were met by her eyebrow raising up. "Your get up seems to be like an angel. Your white dress and your shoes. I don't see any wings but if you're not trying to pretend to be one, then I'll stick to my first answer."

Gabrielle's confusion grew bigger and bigger as Mingi spoke. She was sure this man in front of her is Song Mingi. A mortal. A CEO. The cursed man of greed. But why is he acting like this?

"The tables seemed to have turned, eh?" Mingi smiled in amusement, completely interested at Gabrielle's reactions. "Isn't the mortal supposed to be confused instead of the angel?"

When Gabrielle didn't respond, Mingi motioned at the chair behind her. "Sit down. Let's talk."

Gabrielle glanced on the chair and sat down, her eyes never leaving Mingi who is walking towards his swivel chair. He sat down and released a sigh. He brushed his hair back as he met Gabrielle's eyes once again.

Gabrielle eyed Mingi suspiciously. She felt something off and she's not letting her guard down. "Who are you?"

Mingi's eyebrows rose up, his smile spreading in amusement. His right hand fiddled with the sleeves on his left wrist. "I'm Song Mingi. The cursed man of greed. I assumed you already know me--"

"Prove it." Gabrielle sneered at him.

Mingi laughed. "What? Do you want me to give you my birth certificate?"

"Show me your birthmark."

"My what?"

"The one below your collarbone. Show it to me."

Mingi raised his eyebrow. "Below my collarbone? Do you want me to strip?"

"You're not stripping off. You just have to show it to me. Undoing three buttons is not that hard." Gabrielle stood up from her seat and rested her hands on Mingi's desk, her eyes glaring at him.

Mingi shook his head this time. "I'm not unbuttoning my shirt for you. I am a human being, okay? I have a birthmark below my collarbone."

Gabrielle stared deeply at Mingi's eyes, waiting for a slight change on it like turning black or something. There were no changes at all.

She concluded this is a first-rate ghoul.

"Don't think you could fool me, ghoul." She snarled as she jumped over the desk and lunged at Mingi who is now in shock.

Gabrielle straddled Mingi so he couldn't escape from her. Mingi was fighting back as Gabrielle grabbed the collar of his shirt. She pulled the shirt apart, sending its buttons flying over the floor.

Her eyes instantly looked at below his collarbone, widening in shock before looking at Mingi who smirked at her in return.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 6.4K 46
An angel escapes heaven's gates, purely driven by her extreme fascination with Earth. Kang Soojung plans to live a new life on Earth with her brother...
31.4K 2.3K 40
"the end of the world hongjoong." "an apocalypse is upon us and if you guys don't save the day, i can't be sure that there will even be an earth afte...
11.8K 781 49
(In Editing/ Fixed Chapters will say edited) Being a prince, king, or guards can be one thing but when you add demons and reincarnations what do you...
167K 2.7K 23
this is an old ass oneshot book that i wrote in 2020 so if you want to read it venture at your own riskπŸ’€πŸ’€ its definitely cringy and poorly written ...