Magi: Hiraeth

By lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... More

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
54: Summit

53: Moon

569 34 4
By lilyofthelamplight_

Moon

In the Black Libra tower where sunlight was limited, Aladdin sits there alone reading scrolls written in an ancient language with the help of a magic tool.

"You're reading quite a difficult piece of work, Aladdin." A voice said.

"Not at all, this magic tool translate it directly to my head--hm?!" He immediately turned around when he realized that he was engaging in a conversation.

"Hi! It's me! Yunan!" The male with braided platinum blonde hair greets the small child. "I like the shade in here. The sunlight in Sindria is harsh." He sighed as he hovers above air using his staff.

"You surprised me, Mr. Yunan..." he replied looking up to him, "What do you want?"

"I came to see you of course. I wasn't able to speak with you in Magnostadt properly since you left right away."

He smiled kindly at the child after reading his face.

"You don't have to worry about things with the three great superpowers. There won't be any fighting again soon."

"You're just like Mor said. Mysterious but kind."

"Hm.." he hummed before his smile was reduced. "..but I'm not that nice."

Yunan closed the scroll he was holding and spared a side glance to his right.

"Hey now! No eavesdropping, Sinbad!" He protested a a tropical bird perched on the railings.

In his throne room, Sinbad has his arms crossed infront of his chest with an annoyed look on his face after being discovered.

"A conversation between two magi? Let me join. I'll prepare a room. Since I am king, you can't say no."

"Umm..." Yunan trailed off before a displeased look decorated his face. " No. I simply don't trust you."

"I don't trust you either, you scoundrel!" Sinbad rebutted.

Aladdin remained on the ground looking up to Yunan, confused about the situation between the two. They appear to completely dislike each other.

Moments later, the door to the library slammed open revealing a clearly annoyed Sinbad. Stomping his way towards the two being, he started, "I demand to join, Yunan!"

"No. I'm talking to Aladdin privately." The magi defied the king which made Sinbad collar him and continued berating him to let him join with Yunan shaking his head continuously.

Yunan picked up Aladdin then floated upwards.

"Get away from him, Aladdin!" Sinbad yelled as he points at Yunan.

"Calm down, Uncle Sinbad!" Aladdin said trying to ease the situation.

"Yes, calm down Uncle Sinbad!" Yunan mimicked Aladdin which made Sinbad irritated upon being called Uncle by Yunan.

"You shut up! You are way older than me! Also, you're just like Judar. You raise dungeons all willy-nilly around the world and upset it!"

Yunan teared up a bit at the accusation, looking away, "You're being unfair! I actually retracted the dungeons Judar raised for Kou." He exited the tower through an open window along with Aladdin.

"Wait! Dammit!" Sinbad exited the tower and tried to go after them.

"I'll prepare my own room. Alchemic magic!" He chanted which made rukhs gather at the tip of his staff which produced a tree out of thin air.

"A TREE?!"

Rukhs from around the island flew all together in the palace and produced more cedar trees out of thin air. The people stared in awe as they marvel at the sight of streaks of light turning into logs. Soon after at the center of the courtyard, a log cabin stood proudly.

The two magi landed on the wooden porch and cooly entered the structure.

"Bye-bye, Sinbad~ No peeking!" Yunan teased the man who is flying towards them in his djiin equip. Before Sinbad could reach them however, a borg surrounded the cabin after Yunan shut the door.

"Open up! Hey!" Sinbad continued to hit the borg with his sword before landing on the ground. He held his head in his hands as he groaned. "Don't just build a house in the middle of somebody else's courtyard!"

"Was that Yunan?" Yukiko asked Sinbad as she walks towards him. Her eyes stared at the log cabin that stood there gleaming. She was surprised to see a tree appear out of thin air earlier while having tea with Aoren and Kurosaki near the Black Libra Tower. She caught sight of a male wearing green garments and platinum blond hair and wondered who it was so she went to seek for him.

"Yes! That old guy just do as he wishes!" He complained as he dissolved his equip. "Building a house in the middle of my palace. He wouldn't even let me join in on their conversation. Also, he called me old!"

"But you are old--ah." Yukiko covered her mouth as soon as she said those words but it was too late.

"I am not!" He argued back. "You're the one who is old." Age has always been a sensitive matter to the purple haired king.

"I'm actually almost three years younger than you. I haven't hit thirty yet. You're almost there." She tilted her head to the side as she explains to him. Sinbad's mouth went agape as he hears her statement. He held her by her shoulders and shook her repeatedly.

"I am not. I am not. Take that back, Yuki." He murmured over and over at the girl who pushed him off harshly as she feel her sight spin, getting dizzy from his action.

She frowned a bit before clearing her throat.

"I actually came here to speak with Yunan about something. Yunan!" She yelled from outside the borg. "If you have time later, please speak with me. I have an important question and only you can answer it."

Yunan peeked from the door and stared at Yukiko. He tried to read her expression and gave her a small yet sad smile after a while. He signaled her an okay before shutting the door once more.

"What the--that's unfair!" Sinbad turned to look at Yukiko with a shocked face which the female dismissed with a wave of her hand.

"Don't worry, Sin. It's not going to be a talk about the world and ways to win wars. I am just going to talk to him about me and why I was born despite my rukhs' circumstance..." she trailed off as she looks down on her hands.

"I just really need the answer to why I am here and for me to have such an abundance of power...what is my purpose in this world?" She smiled sadly. "I'm afraid that Xerxes' words are getting to me, of why my existence is an anomaly. Why I am an abnormality in this world that shouldn't really exist."

She bended her knees slightly downwards and look under his fringe to see his expression. She slightly let out a small laugh upon seeing it.

"Come on now, Sin. You're frowning again. What is with you this past few days?" She placed a finger on the crease forming between his eyebrows. "See this? You'll get wrinkles if you continue scrunching up your face. You'll look old!"

Instead of rebutting it, he just held onto the hand she reached out to him, placing it against his forehead. His warm hands seemingly trying to comfort her cold ones as it trembles in nervousness in knowing the answer to what she seeks.

"You will be fine, Yuki. You aren't an unwanted being in this world." He said with full conviction.

She smiled kindly at him before retracting her hand from his hold. Her eyes then broke away from him and remained silent just looking at the cabin while deep in thought.

"How was your talk with Yunan?" Sinbad asked of her as they sat there on the balcony of his royal chambers at the Purple Leo Tower. She has remained silent all afternoon after she came out of the makeshift cabin build by the magi named Yunan.

"..." remaining silent, she looked up to the moon, hands together on her lap. "What a beautiful and peaceful country you have built. Full of love and happiness in every corner of this island nation as if you are in an eternal peaceful dream." Closing her eyes to prevent showing more emotions, she lowered her head. "...thank you for everything, Sin."

Silence. The salty cold wind from the sea filled their ears as Sinbad stares at the lady beside him who seems to be going through an internal turmoil. The words that comes out of her lips were heavy. Sinbad couldn't read her.

Reaching out a hand to her, Yukiko was a bit confused but accepted it nonetheless.

Sinbad pulled her close to him, placing her other hand on his shoulder while his other free hand wraps around her waist slightly.

"Shall we dance?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her which surprised the female monarch. She laughed at his expression and nodded in acceptance.

"I'll sing for you, so just enjoy the moment and relax." Sinbad grinned as he starts humming a soft tune audible enough for only them to hear. He leads her movements as they sway slowly from side to side, feet carefully dancing on the marble floors.

The song was melodic and mellow, perfect for a slow dance. Closing her eyes as she goes along the rhythm of his tune, she reaxed in his hold.

"To have you in my arms once more is a dream come true. Searching my whole life to find the only you. What a beautiful dance under the night sky since you are the one in my arms. Hold my hand and listen to the beatings of my heart."

Sinbad started singing the chorus when the melody came to it. It was a love song. Like a message for the lady in his hold, dancing under the soft glow of the moon.

The monarch has spend years looking at that silver spehere in the night sky as he goes around the world, only seeing the female in it. How much has he longed for her all that time apart from each other? Now, the moon was finally in his arms.

"Wherever fate may lead the two of us in this wide world, I only wish for you to be happy. Always remember that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.3K 20
The phrase "keep your enemies close" is one the King of Sindria - untamed and proud - embraces when a skilled assassin chooses him as her next target...
1.2K 42 27
"She was once Innocent until she was thrown into a pit. Stolen from her homeland" - Ugo Guardian Of The Sacred Palace Working to your hands bl...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...