Gourmet Goddess (Toriko!Vario...

By OtakuGirlInAnimeland

It is said that a young girl was born into the world with an insurmountable gift. One that could shape the ve... More

~Ch.1: A Reunion Long Overdue~
~Ch.2: The Baron Archipelago~
๐ŸฝReader Profile๐Ÿฝ
~Ch.3: The Rainbow Fruit~
~Ch.4: Brawl in Biotope 8!~
~Ch.5: Meet the Gentleman of the Heavenly Four~
~Ch.6: In Search of the Puffer Whale~
~Ch.7: Dance of Death with a Devil Python~
~Ch. 8: Devil Python's Defeat~
~Ch.9: Brought Back to Life By Uncle Jiro~
~Ch.10: The Cavern Lagoon of the Puffer Whale~
~Ch.11: Biotope 1 Battle Arena~
~Ch.12: Battle Wolf & Culinarian Dragon~
~Ch.13: Breathing New Life~
~Ch.14: A Mother's Love~
~Ch.15: Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned~
~Ch.16: Battle Won, Loses Suffered~
~Ch.17: In Search of the Regal Mammoth~
~Ch.18: Sunny's Sensors~
~Ch.19: Forced to Split~
~Ch.20: Scattered Amongst Biotope 1~
~Ch.21: The Devils' Playground is No Place to Play~
~Ch.22: Scaling the Regal Wall~
~Ch.23: Unexpected Backup~
~Ch.24: Here Comes Trouble~
~Ch.25: Into the Regal Mammoth~
๐ŸฝCh.27: Approach the Jewel Meat with Caution๐Ÿฝ
Ch.28: Gourmet Goddess on Her Last Legs?!
Ch.29: Unlikely Assist
Ch.30: Super Toriko & the SweetsBeasts
Ch.31: Feast Upon a Food Treasure

๐ŸฝCh.26: Rumbly in the Mammoth's Tumbly๐Ÿฝ

1K 35 2
By OtakuGirlInAnimeland

Someone once said:

There is a cut of meat that shines like a precious gem, it combines the flavors of every cut of meat: the most tenderness of a filet, the high-grade marbling of sirloin, affirm texture of shoulder, and the unique flavors of gizzards that get you hooked...The Jewel Meat!

Ancient people use this treasured, shining meat instead of a wedding ring. And in the present a great number of people have set off on quests for this mystical meat!

The world is in the Gourmet Age! An age in which people quest for yet unknown culinary delights!

(First Name), Toriko and the others have made their way inside of the Regal Mammoth's body, where they encounter the GT Robot controlled by Cedre, who is also under order to obtain (First Name) for reasons still unknown, in the stomach.

Sunny took up the challenge, and the others hurried on forward.

A fierce battle unfolded between Coco and the giant GT Robot...while elsewhere, Starjun's GT Robot appeared in front of the waiting Terry.

Coco had his back against the wall with a bigger opponent, but he succeeded in shooting aqua regia, a chemical powerful enough to dissolve gold, into the GT Robot's core and won.

But then, Starjun's GT Robot appeared before the collapsed Coco!

🥢🍴

Rin can't help but pout at the romantic scene shared between her own romantic interest and her best friend/sister-figure. 'That was way too close. Nee-chan is already so close to Toriko, and she's not even trying.' As much as she wanted too, Rin couldn't just walk up to her and tell her to back off Toriko. As nice as the goggle-wearing Gourmet Hunter could be, she's intimidating sometimes and could easily break the smaller ravenette like a twig.

Tina, on the other hand, is relishing the two's possible romantic relationship. The beefy, gluttonous, Toriko falling for the graceful, yet wild (First Name)!

Komatsu...Well, Komatsu's not sure how to feel about the possible romance brewing between his older sister-figure and his slowly budding friendship with Toriko. Wanting to take his mind off of the awkward situation, he thinks about how he can solve Toriko and (First Name)'s hunger problems. "If Toriko-san and nee-san don't eat something, we're going to be in trouble...Oh, right! The Cream Mushrooms!"

He recalls the Gourmet Case he brought with him. But when he looks to his side he finds nothing but air. "Huh? Where's the Gourmet Case? It must have fallen off when we fell into the stomach..."

When the group decides to move one again, Komatsu glaces worriedly at the obviously exhausted Gourmet Hunters. Out of the corner of his eye, he catches sight of what looks to be some sort of fruit tree. "Those are..."

Tina joins the short chef's side with her camcorder. "This is orangesalt!" She exclaims. "It's a tree that grows rocksalt like oranges."

"I bet that sees on the Regal Highlands entered the body and sprouted..." Komatsu reaches out and plucks one of the fruit-minerals, letting his tongue flick across the rough surface of the fruity rock-salts. "Ooh, it's salty and fruity!" He hums.

🍫And look over here.🍫 Chocola calls out, pointing out some horsetail-like plants that smell of sweet cinnamon growing near the roots of the Orangesalt tree. 🍫Cinnamontails!🍫

Komatsu picks one and holds it to his nose, taking a deep whiff of the calming scent it gives off. "The spring-like taste of horsetail mixes together with the sweet fragrance of cinnamon! That's it!" The chef recalls the Gourmet Spicer he received from Toriko, removing it from his backpack. "If I crush it with this Gourmet Spicer and season some ingredient with it..." Komatsu's eyes wander around for anything he can cook for Toriko and (First Name).

The Sweetpets have been exhausting their own sweets for the two hungry Gourmet Hunters but it's hardly enough to feed their voracious appetites.

(First Name) comes to a stop when she realizes Komatsu, Tina, H.C. and the Sweetspets have lagged behind.

"Komatsu! What are you doing back there?" She shouts, but is answered with only silence.

"What are you doing?" Toriko calls out to them.

"Hurry up!" Rin urges.

"There's something going on within the Mammoth!" (First Name) informs, her other senses warning her of something amiss. "We need to press on!"

Komatsu and Tina look to the Gourmet Hunters with confused expressions.

"I can smell strong acid in the air. A great deal of digestive acids are being produced in the stomach."

"That is proof that the Mammoth is undergoing a tremendous amount of stress!" (First Name) continues.

Toriko nods agreeingly. "It's similar to having your own life eaten away by some virus...A rejection reaction to foreign objects in bathing its body!"

And just like she interpreted, the cavernous innards of the Regal Mammoth begin to shake wildly.

"Damn you, mammoth! You plan on spewing out all foreign objects inside of you?" Toriko snarls.

"We need to hurry! We haven't got much time!" (First Name) presses, dropping her fatigue to push on. But for how much longer?

The others waste no time in following her lead.

In mid-run, Toriko and (First Name) share a knowing look.

'That familiar dark, suffocating presence...The black GT Robot the exudes evil and death...He's here.' A nervous sweat breaks out across (First Name)'s brow just recalling the overwhelming feeling of dread from the automaton's presence.

🍽🥢🍽

Cedre laughs madly as his GT Robot bounces away out of the range of Sunny's feelers.

As Sunny gives chase, the GT Robot's head does a 180 as it continues its sprint firing another blast of blue energy.

Sunny is forced to stop and defend himself. "Hair Leash!"

With microscopic precision, Sunny deflects all of Cedre's blasts.

Seeing as the smaller multitude of blasts weren't doing any damage, Cedre gathers energy and fires a more powerful energy blast.

But Sunny is ready to take him on. "Spatula!" The energy blast is flung harmlessly into the strong stomach lining of the Regal Mammoth.

"You could shoot 10,000 of those and you'll never hit me as long as you live. Instead of running around out there, try getting a little closer!" Sunny taunts.

"Then you'll release that hideous monster again, right?" Cedre queries, though knowing the answer already. "That thing's a real problem, you know?"

A soft growl escapes Sunny's lips.

"I pretty much know your range, now."

Sunny sneers at the automaton. "You can't keep using that power forever, am I right?"

"Damn him..."The touch-gifted Heavenly King grits his teeth.

Cedre sits calmly on the ground. "Now then! I'll take a nice little break, and wait until you're powerless." Reaching into the coil of rope wrapped around the GT Robot's waist, he pulls out a small case. "I'll just be taking a gander at the collection I gathered on this island..." 

Upon opening it, he reveals numerous colored eyeballs within, freaking Sunny the heck out.

"What the heck are those?! Ew, gross!"

"They're eyeballs! From various beasts." Cedre states, like it's the most normal thing in the world, treating the still blinking ocular organs bouncing around like jumping beans like a typical hobby.

"Sick! I think I'm gonna be sick! Just die already!" Sunny shrieks in grotesque horror.

"It's my hobby to collect the eyeballs of beasts." Cedre responds calmly, treating the eyes like prized jewels. Especially the pretty ones that take a liking to me! Perhaps I should add the Gourmet Goddess' to my collection."

Sunny's fearful disgust morphs into shocked anger. "What?!"

"Now, those would be a true prize! No one's ever seen them, or at least that's what I've heard." Cedre chuckles madly. "What hidden gems could she be hiding under there? Brown? Blue? Green? Or maybe something even rarer like amber? Heterochromia, perhaps?"

"Go anywhere near her eyes and you'll be feeling every bit of damage down to that walking scrap pile you're controlling right now!" Sunny snaps.

The Gourmet Hunter's hostility is met only by more cackling from Cedre. "There are some eyeballs which keep moving for a while even after they're dead! Do you think the Gourmet Goddess' would have that same effect?"

"You disgust me!"

"This little eyeball's looking at me, see! How cute!"

"Damn you!"

"Oh yeah...There's one that's taken a liking to me inside the mammoth..." Cedre states menacingly, opening the head of his GT Robot to let its tentacles wiggle out.

The increasing sound of low growls catches Sunny's ear, forcing him to look away from his opponent to see that it's not just the two of them.

Mega Octopus (Molluscan Beast)

Capture Level 25

A giant orange cephalopod sporting tens of thousands which conceal most of its true appearance, except its barely seeable bright pink eyes crawls its way towards Sunny.

Sunny reels back in disgust. "Damn it!"

"This guy's eyeballs are pretty cute, too! I'll pluck 'em out later." Cedre chuckles. "But before that, he's got a little job to do."

The Mega Octopus' tentacles go flying right at Sunny.

However, despite the creature's less-than-pleasant-to-look-at disposition, Sunny stands his ground, letting his mane of Feelers float about around him. ""

He sends out throngs of golden energy, batting away the molluscs beast's incoming tentacles.

Seeing his beast back away from its opponent, Cedre releases a whip from his GT Robot's wrist and begins to lash at its backside. "Come on! Attack again and again! Use more tentacles! However! Don't get too close now. Do it while keeping some distance."

At his orders, the Mega Octopus sends out another wave of tentacles.

"Spatula!" Sunny deflects the mollusc's appendages.

Cedre chortles smugly as he watches on. "His range is about 20 meters. If that monster needs all his hair in one place, he can't use it except within 3 meters for close combat. The power to control each strand of hair independently...That's got to take a considerable amount of concentration. As long as we keep enough distance so we can't use the hair monster, he'll eventually be too fatigued to use it! I wonder when his battery will run out?"

Sunny is already panting heavily for breath. "Get outta my way! Stop!"

The Mega Octopus readies to send another waves of tentacles at Sunny, but the Heavenly King is the first to make a move.

"Hair Lock!"

He binds the tentacles ready to come at him but the Mega Octopus still has plenty more to spare.

"This octopus still has more?"

Sunny spreads his Hair Lock's range to block all of the beast's tentacles but in his weakened state, the massive mollusc pushes back against his bindings.

The Heavenly King of Touch suddenly pulls back all his Feelers. "Quit it already...This is annoying."

The Mega Octopus backs off fearfully.

"Crudely fighting 'til we reach the breaking point isn't beautiful...Let's just settle who's on top once and for all. That is a beautiful conclusion. I've put down my weapons, so come at me!"

Cedre roars aggravated. "Nice try putting on a brave face!" Lurching forward he clocks Sunny across his face.

🥢🍽🥢

As the group continues in their seemingly endless trek through the cavernous innards of the Regal Mammoth, Toriko's strength finally gives out, leaving him to crumble to his knees.

"Toriko!" (First Name) skids to a stop, turning around to kneel to the bluenette's side.

"Toriko, you okay?" Rin inquires worriedly.

"Yeah..." The Heavenly King breathes heavily as he forces himself to stand and continue on.

(First Name) looks on with worrying glances at Toriko continues to push himself to the brink.

Komatsu shares in the young woman's worries. "Toriko-san...His strength is draining too fast! And with how much after power she's used, nee-san is probably worse off." He mumbles. "Could it be because of those Gourmet Cell things?"

This catches Tina's attention. "Gourmet Cells?"

"Y-Yes. Sunny-san mentioned them." Komatsu shifts his attention away from the drained Gourmet Hunters. "He said that (First Name), Toriko and the others carry them. The cells make it so the more delicious food you eat, the more superhuman you become...But there seems to be a large risk!" He elaborates.

"Gourmet Cells... I've heard of them." Tina trails off in thought. "They're the legend that was discovered by The Gourmet God, Acacia."

"A-Acacia?" The short chef echoes. "Who's that?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 203 36
"Have you been lost before? If so, you are capable of understanding how confusing that is. This life represents the core of confusion, especially fo...
115 3 6
A curse that never would meet the embrace of death, bonds with lonely girl in a moment of desperate, give to each other a bit more of will to live...
8.4K 194 22
๐•Š๐•’๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฉ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•˜๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฉ๐”ฝ๐•–๐•žโ„๐•–๐•’๐••๐•–๐•ฃ ~ แด‡ษดแด‡แดส แด›แด สŸแดแด แด‡ส€๊œฑ แด›ส€แดแด˜แด‡!!!! ๐’๐‹๐Ž๐– ๐๐”๐‘๐ & ๐€๐๐†๐’๐“ Y/N has never felt as much hatred for someo...
664 25 23
Imagine a world full of "Gifts"... Well, not a present but a special type of power. A power of a "Gift". Imagine a world that builds around these "Gi...