The Diggory Sister || Draco M...

By MalfoyInDaClub

Aurora Diggory's life is turned upside down when her beloved older brother is brutally murdered during the Tr... More

Introduction
1 - The Beauxbatons Student
2 - The Slytherin Prince
3 - The Quidditch World Cup
4 - Into The Woods
5 - An Exciting Prospect
6 - Furtive Flushes
7 - Draco's Gift
8 - Tree Surprises
9 - Dates
10 - Black Beauty
11 - Yuletide Kisses
12 - Our Own Little World
13 - Falling
14 - The Mysterious Disappearance of Aurora Diggory
15 - Draco's Stand
16 - Cabin Fever
17 - Blaise's Helping Hand
18 - The End is Nigh
19 - Birthday Twins
20 - The Fall (part one)
21 - The Fall (part two)
22 - The Fall (part three)
23 - The Poor Diggory Sister
24 - The Absent Hufflepuff
25 - Choose Your Side
26 - Lucius
27 - The Funeral
28 - His Last Request
29 - Prefects and Promises
30 - All Aboard
31 - Him
32 - P is for Punishment
33 - Bad Influence
34 - Umbitch
35 - The Quill
36 - Harry Potter is a Liar
37 - Prefect Privileges
38 - Bloody Idiot
39 - Bro Talk
40 - Getting it all Wrong
41 - A Wicked Idea
42 - Come Together
43 - For Cedric
44 - The Wrong Boy
45 - Yuletide Blues
46 - Crashing Down
47 - Dransy
48 - Opposite Directions
49 - Fireworks
50 - Dolores Demented
51 - The White Haired Monster
52 - How To Deal With Anger
53 - Scars and Shivers
54 - Kicking Off
55 - The Goodbye Kiss
56 - Sick... with Worry
57 - Feeling Positive
58 - The Girl Who Was In Love With Ronald Weasley
59 - Engagement Party
60 - Suck It Up
61 - Someone Else's
62 - Evil Doesn't Even Come Close
63 - Truths
64 - The Nag
65 - Draco's Biggest Sacrifice
66 - The Big Announcement
67 - The Pitfalls of Loving a Death Eater
68 - Panic! At The Ladies
69 - Ice Cold Fingers
70 - Her Wonderful Fred
71 - Blind Rage
72 - Labour of Love
73 - Nova
74 - The Potions Prince
75 - A Family Reunited
76 - Never Be
77 - Blaise's Proposal
78 - Gretna Green
79 - The Honeymoon
80 - The Day It All Came Crashing Down
81 - Hell Unleashed
82 - Harry's Request
83 - The Prisoner
84 - The Wedding
85 - Beauty Sleep
86 - Mothers
87 - The Lost Diggory
88 - The Saviour
89 - And One More Makes Four
90 - Arrival
91 - The Invitation
92 - Back to the Manor
93 - The Gift
94 - Do or Don't
95 - The Marital Bed
96 - Get Draco
97 - Shell Cottage
98 - Wit Beyond Measure
99 - Of All the Rooms
100 - Out of the Fire
101 - Rory
102 - Chalky
103 - The Final Stand
Nineteen Years Later

104 - Home

25.5K 587 851
By MalfoyInDaClub

Draco rapped his fingers nervously upon the table, his eyes glancing up at the clock.

The doorbell chimed just as the secondhand reached the twelve.

She was on time.

He shakily rose to his feet, taking a deep, steadying breath. He didn't know why he was feeling so nervous.

Even though it had only been three months; so much had changed. He had changed.

He left the kitchen, straightening his jacket as he walked down the cramped hallway to the front door.

It'll be fine, he told himself as his hand went shakily to the latch. She loves you, she won't judge.

He slowly opened the door, his heart instantly warming at the sight of the woman before him.

"Mother," he breathed.

*****

"Chalky!"

I looked up as Nova tottered delightedly across the room to our long eared friend, her arms outstretched as she clumsily crashed into him, sending them both toppling to the floor.

"Nova!" I cried, striding over to help them both back to their feet. "I'm sorry, Chalky, she just loves to see you so much."

"Chalky doesn't mind," the house-elf squeaked, warmly patting a gleeful Nova on the head as she flung her little arms around him. "Chalky always loves his Nova."

Nova showed her appreciation by offering him her half chewed, soggy biscuit, which Chalky happily accepted, depositing it in his mouth in one gulp.

My heart swelled as I watched the scene before me.

It had been three months since Harry had defeated Voldemort. Draco and I had immediately reclaimed our daughter from Shell Cottage, bringing her, and my mother back to my old Devonshire home which had lain empty for far too long.

We also invited Chalky to come and live with us whilst Hogwarts was in a state of repair; not forgetting the kindness he had shown us during the battle.

Hermione had been horrified until I reassured her that he was staying as a guest and not as a servant.

Much to the shock of almost everyone - this had actually been Draco's idea. He even converted the attic into a self contained living area for Chalky.

"I want to start being a better wizard; a better human being," he had explained, as I tried to hide my shock.

"You did that already," I assured him, cupping a loving hand to his cheek, "when you gave Harry your only means of defence during the battle. You showed everyone what a truly wonderful human being you really are."

It had given him the clearance from the Ministry, at least. In fact, they had tried to award him with a badge of bravery, but he had refused to accept it.

"I didn't do it for recognition. I did it for us." Draco explained to me when I voiced my surprise at him turning down a medal. "When I saw Potter wasn't dead, all I could think about was you, me and Nova. I would have done anything right then to make our future happen. And I'd do it again a thousand times over if I had to."

I heard the doorbell chime downstairs. His mother.

I stayed upstairs in Cedric's old room - now Nova's, listening as I heard Draco cross the landing to answer it. I decided to remain upstairs a little longer to give them some space.

It was the first time Draco was seeing her since the battle. She had spent a brief spell in Azkaban for her hand in war crimes, including the murder of Pansy Parkinson.

She had taken the fall for it, writing us a letter explaining that my mother had suffered enough. It was her way of trying to find some kind of redemption.

Draco and I worked tirelessly campaigning for her release, begging the Ministry to see that Narcissa had just been a victim to Voldemort's war as much as Draco had been. In the end, it was a good word from Harry which made them see that they were wasting a cell room.

I sat on the floor with Chalky as we entertained Nova with a giant wooden jigsaw. Nova was more interested in climbing all over Chalky, however, constantly thrusting her toys in his face and trying to pull his ears.

"We should probably start getting her ready." I murmured quietly to Chalky as I heard the kettle turn on downstairs. "The car will be here soon."

"Chalky will be so proud to see Nova in her dress!" Chalky squeaked. "Chalky has never been to a christening before. Never been to anything."

"She probably wouldn't want to go herself if you're not there," I smiled, walking over to the wardrobe to remove the small white gown that probably wouldn't stay white for very long knowing Nova.

Once Chalky and I had wrestled a very angry Nova into it, I decided it was probably the right time to go downstairs.

It was unfortunate that Nova refused to remove the scowl on her face as I carried her down the stairs; furious at me for making her wear such an atrocity.

"Sorry darling, but it's tradition. You won't have to wear it for long, I promise." I tried to assure her. But her angry pout told me she just wasn't having it.

I gave the kitchen door a gentle knock before entering. Draco and his mother looked up from the kitchen table, both cradling mugs of tea.

Narcissa's face lit up instantly.

"Nova!" She cried, placing her mug down and holding out her arms, "oh my sweet beautiful darling!"

A frown crossed Nova's face and I felt her suddenly cling her fingers onto the fabric of my dress as her little legs griped tightly around my waist.

No, I thought, looking desperately over at Draco, who was instantly rising to his feet.

"She's just going through a clingy phase, mother," Draco said, taking Nova from my arms who had started wailing in panic, her little arms reaching back out for me as her face screwed up.

It was true; ever since Draco and I had returned to her, she didn't like going to anyone else except for my mother. And Chalky, whom I was pretty certain she thought was a living breathing toy, though.

"It's okay, I understand," Narcissa said at once, but I didn't miss the look of hurt flit across her face as she watched Nova sobbing hysterically in Draco's arms.

I felt awful for her, she had, after all, been there for Nova for a huge chunk of time in her first year.

Draco took the chair next to his mother, hushing and soothing Nova to his chest as he gently rocked her.

"It's okay, darling," he murmured gently, pressing his lips to the top of her head. "Look, it's Nanna Ciss. She's come to see you because she's missed you so much, just like Mummy and Daddy had missed you."

Nuzzling her face into Draco's shirt, Nova's wailing started to cease. Her whole body trembled as she released a small shuddering sob.

"It's been a confusing time for her," I explained apologetically to Narcissa, who stood up to greet me with a warm hug. "It's difficult for her to be passed onto people she doesn't know very well. Please, give it time. I know she'll be back to adoring you soon enough."

"Don't explain, love," Narcissa said, planting a firm kiss on my cheek. "The main thing is she's got her family back where they belong."

"I want to thank you for what you've done for us," I said, clasping her hand in mine. "But I'm afraid there are just no words worthy enough."

Narcissa shook her head as tears pooled in her eyes. "There's no need, please. I'd do it all over again."

And she pulled me back into a fierce hug as tears splashed down both our faces.

"Hey," Draco said softly, standing to join us. I felt his arm go around my back as little fingers pulled at my hair.

"Mumma," Nova cooed, now clumsily patting my head. "Mumma."

I pulled out of Narcissa's embrace to kiss my little girl.

"She's looking just beautiful," Narcissa sighed, splaying a hand to her chest. "And that dress is simply divine."

"Try telling her that," I grinned, poking a fingertip to the tip of my cheeky daughter's little round nose. "Little Miss Stubborn wasn't best pleased at being forced into it."

Draco chuckled from above me, wrapping his arm around my waist as he kissed the top of my head. "Our girl certainly knows what she wants."

The blare of a car horn sounded from outside, making us all start.

"That'll be the car," Draco said, checking his watch. "Come on, it's time to get going."

As we made our way down the garden path, Narcissa and Chalky leading the way, towards the large black car waiting for us, Draco, still with Nova on his hip, tugged my hand, bringing me to a brief halt.

"You look beautiful by the way, Aurora," he murmured huskily, his silver grey eyes twinkling adoringly down at me. "I'm so happy we're finally doing this."

"Me too, Draco," I smiled up at him, standing on tip toes to brush my lips briefly against his. "I assumed it went all okay with your mother?"

He nodded, his eyes flashing slightly in the sunlight. "She wants us to move into the Manor with her once we've finished school."

"Oh." I said, not knowing how I felt about that. I was still trying to get my head around the fact that we would be returning to Hogwarts in a few short days to repeat our final year. Nova was going to stay at home with my mother whilst Draco and I would return every weekend to be with her. It seemed like the best option to give her a stable home at last.

"We don't have to decide anything now," he said quickly, "and I know it would be difficult to be back in that place after everything, but with your father now better and coming home, it's going to be a little cramped here. Not that I mind. But I worry about mother being all alone in that place-"

"Draco, it's fine," I said placing a fingertip on his lips to silence him. "I'll go wherever you go. You are my home. You and Nova."

"Believe me when I say the feeling is mutual," he smiled, pressing his lips firmly against mine, "Now come on, before Blaise sends out a search party. I still can't believe he sent an owl at midnight to remind us to set our alarm!"

"Bless, he's just excited." I said as a bubble of laughter escaped my throat. "He's taking his role as godparent very seriously."

"Would he have even accepted it if we had chosen someone else to be godfather?" Draco chuckled, closing the front gate behind us.

"Nope," I laughed, "but I'm sure him and Cho will do a fantastic job. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it."

"I love you, Aurora," Draco murmured, his eyes twinkling as his lips pulled into a beautiful, heart warming smile, Nova giggling delightedly in his arms.

My heart fluttered, feeling a warmth spread throughout my body as I gazed lovingly from my husband to my daughter.

They were my everything. They were my home.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 7.6K 74
There exists four realms. The realm of the humans, the realm of the wolves, the realm of the fae, and the dark realm. The dark realm has become incr...
903K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
2.1K 111 52
When Monarki found herself tied inside a dark castle dungeon, she merely thought that it was all just a product of her dream. But when knights appear...
722K 56.2K 42
(Sequel to Plutonian) Aria's actions have created a rift in the Plutonian empire. The universe is divided and the fight for power has never been mor...