That Gilbert Girl

By VampiresAdoreMe

My name is Gemma Gilbert, or as many like to call me, GG. Don't get me wrong, I love my name, but the only re... More

That Gilbert Girl
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 18

3.2K 100 5
By VampiresAdoreMe

We had barged out of the grill and raced home to Jer. My head was spinning, yet I still had to focus on what was going on. He had to be alright, if he were hurt, it'd be my fault. I killed those people, which triggered their friend. I was to blame.

Everything was so quiet when Damon had broken through the door. All on my mind was hoping that Jer was just sleeping. Nevertheless, I knew it wasn't true when we found no trace of him, and his room was trashed. Tears fell from my eyes, as I fell to my knees.

"Gemma!"

I waved Elena off, and stood up on my own accord. "We have to find him Elena!"

"Calm down. The only thing that was traded was his room, nothing else," Damon spoke. "We can't be sure he didn't just do this, you know how he's been acting."

I looked at him and glared. "My brother isn't crazy. If anything, he's the most sane one of us!"

That silenced them up. Nevertheless, I knew what was wrong with Jer. I thought back to today's earlier events. "Tyler's missing."

"Huh?" Caroline mumbled.

"I was walking home with Tyler, and then he was gone. No less than a second later I was confronted by the werewolf." I started cleaning up Jer's mess in spite of the clutter.

Both Tyler and Jer were missing. I still don't understand how Tyler could've gone missing right under my nose. He was right next to me, I heard, nor saw, anyone force him out. Yet Jer, was here all alone and bad things happened when you're all alone.

Really bad things.

"Look, I can help you find Jeremy, but I'm going to need your help Gemma. You're his sister," Bonnie spoke.

I looked at her confused, and nodded. "I understand." I looked at Elena, and she just turned to Caroline. "Why can't Elena do it?"

I obviously was going to do it, but I knew there was a reason as to why I was chosen. They'd never chosen me before for anything.

"Well because she's not his sister, silly," Caroline responded.

"What?"

"Caroline!" Bonnie exclaimed. "Dammit Blondie, you've done it this time," Damon said.

"Wait, she doesn't know Elena?" Caroline asked as she turned to Elena in shock.

Elena looks at me, and simply shakes her head. "Elena?" My voice sounds broken, but it is ignored by the rest. What do they mean Jer and Elena aren't brother and sister. Of course they are! We've been through the whole 'you're adopted' stage to know we are siblings.

"I'm sorry, Gemma," Elena whispers.

"What does that mean?" I asked desperately.

"Uncle John came back one day, I found out he once had a little baby." I gasped at Elena. I know where this is going. "Him and his girlfriend were too young to take care of a baby. So he did what was best. He gave the baby up, to his brother."

"Stop. Just stop!" I tried to cover my ears, but it was hopeless.

"That baby's name was Elena. Gemma, I'm not your real sister, but I feel it in my heart! You're my sister to me still," Elena explained as she stepped closer to me.

"Please stop," I whimpered.

"An extra year was paid because I wanted you safe! I even had Jer sent away as well, but that didn't work out. You're my little sister, I can't have you getting hurt."

I sobbed quietly to myself, and when I had calmed down, my eyes made contact with Elena's. "No more secrets Elena, please!"

She shook her head, and I hugged her tightly. "No more secrets."

"Wait," Caroline started, "Tyler was with you?"

I pushed away from the embrace, and nodded. "Yeah. He was walking right next to me, then suddenly left right before the werewolf appeared in front of me. It was weird actu..."

I trailed off on my words, and remembered what Nik had told me earlier. A werewolf and vampire had good hearing, but a hybrid had a better one, as well as scent. Was it possible Tyler left before the werewolf showed.

"I think we need to visit Tyler's home guys," I replied emotionless.

"Why werewolf boy?" Damon asked annoyed.

"Because I know who took Jer."

At the Lockwood's home.

I knock furiously at Tyler's front door and yell at the same time, "Tyler! Open the door!"

After finally a few minutes of knocking, he comes to the door with a serious face. "Where is he?" I ask. He motions upstairs, and as I'm about to dash up them, he grabs me firmly by the wrist.

"I don't think that's a good idea," he says.

"Whys that?"

"He's psychotic Gemma, he does things that hurt others. I can keep him under supervision. I'm stronger than vampires and werewolves, he'll be safe here."

I look down at the floor, and watch as a tear falls onto the floor where it has created a small, tiny, splash.

I look at him sadly, and he wipes my tear trail away. "I can't lose my only strength," I whisper.

My arms suddenly find their way around his neck, and now nothing is impeding me from crying. I could care less if the rest think I am weak. Jer has always been my strength, he is my strength. That's what older sisters are there for, to keep strong when the other is weak. I've lost that challenge.

"Please Tyler, please don't let him fall. If he falls, I go down with him. My mind has been messed with too much, loosing Jer will only be the death of me. Keep him safe," I reply to Tyler as I let go of him.

He nods understandingly.

"I'll keep him safe. I won't break my promises to you."

"I know," I answer content.

"Gemma?" Elena asks behind me.

I turn, and nod for her to continue. She tries to say something, but her voice just cracks mid voice when she's saying-barely-a word. It has been tough for her. I don't understand how Elena can still be around Damon, nonetheless Stefan.

She loves both brothers very much, I just don't understand why. Maybe it's because I'm barely figuring my way through relationships with Elijah, despite still not being anything.

"I-I...you're the fault in all of this."

My eyes widen at her words, and I stand there shocked. Caroline says that she's just kidding, but Elena just repeats the words over and over.

"It's all your fault, Gemma! If you wouldn't have come back, we would've been fine!" she exclaims through tears and anger. "You're the one who holds so much power, yet haven't figured how to use it."

"Explain yourself Elena," Bonnie asks.

"She got tangled with an Original! She took Stefan's blood, and she also had an Originals blood. She can't even hold down human blood without almost puking. She's a powerful vampire and a waste of space. I blame you for everything Gemma." She points a finger at me, and I just simply shake my head.

"You're wrong, nothing you said was true. I'm not powerful, I'm just me."

"Stop lying!" she exclaims furious. "I've seen what you can do with your blood! It's not like our blood, you drink an Originals blood, and suddenly you can cure the worlds strangest diseases. You've tangled yourself with a bloodline."

Damon steps up, and stops Elena from accusing me any longer. Elena knows, she knows, now and everyone will believe her. It had to be a secret, no one should've known.

"Elena, calm the hell down," Damon proposes. "Gemma said she only had Stefan's blood in her system. You have to believe her." Elena shakes her head, but Damon doesn't stop there. "She's the only family apart from Jer you have left."

"It won't change anything Damon," I call out. He turns to me, and furrows his brows. "What do you mean?"

I take a deep breath, which doesn't seem to help, before answering, "she's right."

"What so you mean Gemma?" I look at Tyler in astonishment that he didn't understand, but then Caroline cleared it up.

"She's basically an Original without being one."

_____
She always gets dragged into something.

Poor Gemma.

Short update. I'm making the next one longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.4K 12
Alison Rose Black is the older sister of Jacob Black. And only daughter of Sarah and Billy Black. Her best friend is Leah Clearwater. One day Leah an...
140K 3.2K 58
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
143K 2.9K 45
We all know Jonathan Morgestern, the evil psychopath brother of Clary Fairchild... But what we didn't know that he wasn't born evil and psychotic. A...
24.6K 891 25
DISCONTINUED! blurb; ➤ in which a former allemey (ally-enemy) of the mikaelsons breaks the curse that was bestowed upon her, seeks to wreak havoc upo...