How To Lie {OHSHC}

By Lockyheart

We've all get secrets. You've got them too. The more you look into them, the less there is truth. We lie to... More

Smol Disclaimer
00 - Prologue
01 - How To Lie
02 - How to Call
04 - How to Make an Entrance!
05 - How to Get A Nickname
06 - How to Go to the Beach!
07 - How To Pass the Physical Exam! Part 1
07.5 - How To Pass the Physical Exam! Part 2
How to Have A Day Out!
How To Relate
How To Make A Pact
How To Shock
How to Be Drugged
How to Travel
How to Ride Coach
How To Touch Our Hearts
How to Read The Note She Left Us!
How to Go Out?!
How to Fall
How to Flashback
How to Blow Your Cover
How to Waken
How to Recall
How to Propose
How to Propose Part 2
How to Fall... In Love
How to Play Games
How to Leave
*Alternate Ending*
Fin Follow Up: How to Lie

03 - How To Deal With The Host Club

14.5K 582 316
By Lockyheart

"If first, you don't succeed... You should consider your options carefully."

"Welcome," I smiled to the customer across from me. I smiled politely, ushering him to an empty couch that sat to the right of music room three. 

I observed his stance; it was an awkward position as if he was trying to hide a nervous habit. Judging by his fingernails, he was a nervous nail biter.

My hands were firmly placed against my lap, as I kept my back straight. I had learned this by have an instructor make me sit with a ruler to my back when I sat down. It was uncomfortable, but it worked, making my Father pleased.

And when my Father is happy, I'm happy.

Socialization was a skill I was trained to have as a future heir to the Kage Group, but it still didn't beat the fact that I was in a Host club. I found it incredibly awkward.

"Hello, Antoinette! How are you today?" The boy asked, a faint blush on his face. Finding that amusing I gulped back my giggle.

"I'm quite well, thank you. We're having lovely weather."

"You know, it is lovely." He smiled with a nod, munching on a cookie, "And these snacks and tea are amazing as well."

"Thanks. I made them."

"They're amazing! You know how to bake?" The boy exclaimed as he winked to me. I laughed before bowing my head in thanks. I was going to take it as a compliment.

They were, in fact, not baked by me, but that's what Kyoya told me to tell guests. Well, told everyone.

"Hey, you!" Tamaki yelled from across the room. I looked over to him. "Yes you," He exclaimed running dramatically over to me, his face flushed with anger. "Just what do you think you're doing?" He accused.

"Me?" I raised an eyebrow. Tamaki's eyes softened.

"No, Milady, you're perfect," He flirted, sending me his signature smile and side glance. I ducked my head as he ruffled my hair.

"I am. Aren't I?" I flipped my hair back behind me, trying to lighten the mood. Tamaki turned to the boy,

"What exactly are you doing?"

"Me? I'm at the Host Club..."

"I know that! But why would you be talking to MY Antoinette!?" Tamaki accused, jabbing his finger into the boy's chest.

"Dude, chillax." The boy insisted.

"Tamaki... What are you doing?" I tsked.

"HE'S FLIRTING! THIS BOY IS FLIRTING WITH YOU! YOU'RE WAYYY OUT OF HIS LEAGUE!" Tamaki cried as he stopped his feet like a child.

"Oh, ~ Is King... jealous?" The Hitachiin twins cooed.

"AM NOT!"

"Are too~"

My face reddened, but I took a deep breath before saying, "Well as a Host... Hostess," I corrected, "I have to talk to guests. And plus he was only talking about-"

"Talking leads to listening, listening leads to bonding, bonding leads to trust, trust leads to cell phone number exchanges, phone talking leads to dating, dating leads to marriage!" Tamaki insisted. "TALKING LEADS TO MARRIAGE!"

"Oh, brother." I laughed, blushing. Tamaki did have a way of jumping to conclusions - I mean, we talked on the phone all the time, we should be at least engaged by his standards. I chuckled at the thought, ridiculous.

"You two are disrupting the Host Club," Kyoya called. Tamaki and I blinked, both looking over to him, "The boy was paying a very large sum to have just one hour with Antoinette. He's gone now." He sighed, typing on his computer.

"Oh." I looked to see an empty outline of where the boy once sat. "I guess you're right."

"I am. Aren't I always?" Kyoya inquired. My lips curled into a Cheshire cat grin.

"Well there was that time you decided to eat a full lemon in one minute and Tamaki challenged you to-"

"THAT WAS SO FUNNY!" Tamaki interrupted, as flashes of the memory danced around both of our minds. We held back giggles as Kyoya glared.

"I hate you both."

"No you don't~" Tamaki and I sang, as we both went up behind Kyoya with a smile on our faces. Hugging him, Tamaki and I snickered a few comments, before Tamaki returned to his work, and I sat across from Kyoya at the table.

"What time is it?"

"Time leave me alone," His hands flickering across the lit up laptop.

"That's not a specific time." I countered his insult.

"You're right. It's all the time." Kyoya smirked victoriously. I gave up with a huff, before glancing out the window. Something brown had caught my eye.

"Oh," I mumbled as I see a bag that looks awfully familiar to mine, floating in the pond just outside.

"Something wrong?" Kyoya asked, following my gaze that I directed elsewhere.

"Nothing at all," I said back. I knew people at this school didn't like my family - But I didn't expect such rude behaviour. After all, I could make or break their family company in the years to come.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine Kyoya. I'm just going to go for a walk." I stood. Kyoya didn't need to know about this. He didn't need to worry about me.

His eyes connected with mine, as he watched me stand up, and walk out of the room. Ootori Kyoya... Just what are you planning to do, behind those Glasses of yours?

.
.
.

"Where is it?" I wondered as the bag floated to the side of the pond. I grabbed it, rummaging through its pockets.

I sighed in frustration, pulling my bag in the sun. It looks like I'm going to be doing something very unladylike.

I looked around, when the coast was clear I started to take off my shoes and socks, The Banana dress sleeves rolled up to my elbows and thankfully was just above the throw water line when I stepped into the water.

"Father will kill me if he finds out I did this." I worried under my breath.

"Antoinette Andorra Kage, you would be correct that he'd kill you." I froze. Pressing my lips together. "Seeing as you are doing it anyway, I don't think you saw me follow you out of the Club."

"I'll buy you a commoner coffee?" I offered.

"Annie, I'm not going to say anything - Although I'm sure that a commoner's coffee would be great. After all, I would get in trouble too." He laughed.

I blinked, "René Tamaki Richard de Grantaine Suou! You're the worst!" I placed my hands on my hips, gritting my teeth as I held back a small fit of laughter.

A splashing noise came from my left, and I looked over to see that Tamaki had rolled his pants to his knees and was searching by my side.

"I couldn't let a princess be in a pond soaking wet, while I was dry out here, could I?"

"Hey, I'm told that I'm already dripping with good looks." I laughed, pushing my red hair out of my face.

"I'm going to use that line." He noted, looking at my hair that proceeded to get in the way.

"You used it on Haruhi. That's how I know about it."

"What?" He blushed, looking away, "I don't know what you mean."

"This isn't the first time you've been in a pond, Mister. Besides, you only have, like, four pick-up lines - I've heard them all. Our school should really have more security, Dontcha think?" My hair flopped back into my face at the remark.

It was a furious red as Tamaki had described as we were kids. Usually, including some sort of failed karate kick or punch. I smiled.

"Something funny?" Tamaki asked as I snapped out of thought.

"Oh, I'm just thinking of the first time we met."

"That was so long ago!" Tamaki gasped, recalling the subject.

"I swear," I laughed, "You were the first one to love my hair."

"Well, it is a Fury of Red." He said, effortlessly trying to kick nothingness as he jumped into the air. He landed with a splash, sending water all over me. I gasped in surprise by its coldness.

"Oh, Annie I'm so sorry!" I swiftly spun around, sending a Tsunami of water towards Tamaki - Who was not soaking. "You missed a spot." He mocked, "But I could never be mad at you. So... Lemme give you a BIG hug!" He started walking over to me.

"Whoa, wait." I insisted as I backed away, "Tamaki no. No. N-" He wrapped his cold arms around me drenching me with water.

"Kya!" I gasped, with a laugh. Surprisingly, he had strong forearms, and he locked his arms around my waist. I didn't want to hurt him, I mean... He's Tamaki!

Victoriously, Tamaki smirked, "Gotcha!"

"Tamaki!" I laughed, as he chuckled. Before I could react, Tamaki slipped, pulling me along with him into the chilling water.

"They should really heat this pond," Tamaki commenting, sitting cross-legged in the pond. I did the same, with a nod in agreement.

His tie had loosened, as I watched him attempt to fix it. He failed miserably. "Here. We can't have the Suou heir in such disarray, can we?" I offered, he blinked but allowed me to lean towards him and fix his tie. I adjusted it, and when I was satisfied, I nodded with a smile. "You do realize we are both soaking now?"

"I know." Tamaki looked away, placing his hands on his hips as he waited patiently for me to fix his tie.

"How are we going to explain this..." I trailed, realizing the pending danger of someone catching us in the pond.

"We won't need to. No one will know." Tamaki held up my wallet, "I believe this is what you were looking for?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed; rushing over to beside Tamaki. I grabbed my wallet and flipped it open. "The pictures are safe." We both sighed in relief.

The picture was of My Mother, Tamaki's Mother and Tamaki and I holding hands together in Paris. That was when we were both very young.

The other was one of Kyoya, Tamaki, and I. We've been best friends since... As long as I can remember. Tamaki and I met Kyoya when we started School here in Japan.

Kyoya and Tamaki were on either side of me, all three of us smiling to the camera. I was giving Tamaki bunny ears, and I was smiling happily.

I didn't think I was photogenic, but when I'm in a good mood apparently I am. Who knew?

"Aw, we are all so adorable!" Tamaki smiled brightly. My heart warmed at the comment.

"We are, aren't we?" I closed my eyes.

"What are you two doing?" Tamaki and I shot around to see Kyoya, his hands on his hips.

"Ugh..." Tamaki looked at me. We both flushed, "Just floating around?" We offered.

"Well, I suggest you both get up and get changed. First, Kaoru and Hikaru are watching you from the window," my face paled as we saw the twins both making kissy faces at us, then laughing to each other before motioning for the others to come to view the scene. "Second you're limo is here."

"Really?" I whined. Time flies when you're drenched in water... Or something along those lines, as a commoner would say.

"Yes." Kyoya sighed, "come on, let's go." He held out a hand. I took it, sending Tamaki a side glance, before grabbing me and walking barefoot to Haruhi.

He happened to have an extra uniform that was the female attire, claiming he had found it in the host club's wardrobe of costumes. I thanked him, before changing.

"Agh! It's time to leave already..." I trailed, looking to my watch. I sauntered off to the limousine that pulled up to the school for me.

"Good day, Host Club! See you soon!" I called with a wave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 568 20
19 years ago, Reio Akiko gave birth to a daughter. Three years after that, Suoh Yuzuru fathered a son. Divorce with mutual resentment ensued. 15 more...
691K 21.7K 36
Zaira Bello hasn't been to Japan for more than a week at a time in five years. Upon facing her parents death, though, a friend and business partner o...
hcm By s

Fanfiction

251K 7.9K 52
2nd Place 2017 Winter Ouran Wattys Ranked #16 in Kyouya Ranked #80 in Ouran High School Host Club Ranked #25 in Ouran "The best way to not get your h...
5.5K 116 12
Tamaki's little sister now gets some recognition. She's feisty, stubborn, loving, and an overall crackhead. Read to find out what she will do now tha...