Treasure

By CapSwanJones

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 3

627 18 2
By CapSwanJones

They had been at sea a couple of days, still on their way to Arendelle. Emma spent her time talking with August and her other crew members, she even helped in the kitchen to keep busy. She was currently in her quarters below deck, preparing for the day. The princess studied herself in the mirror as she brushed her long blond hair, erasing the tangles. Her face, still slightly red from sleeping. She studied her dress, it was royal blue with small sleeves that barely passed her shoulders and a slight v-neck, it hugged her small waist and flowed out just above her knee. She felt it was perfect for just walking around the ship. She then finished off her outfit with the swan necklace her parents gave her a few days ago.

Emma was about ready to leave her quarters when all of a sudden... BANG. The boat rocked with great force, knocking over the pile of books on her bedside table as well as her lantern. Then another bang had sounded this time she lost her balance. The boat continued to rock with great force as Emma tried to regain balance. Unsure of what was happening she made her way to her door and found many of her knights running down the hall, none showing any manners as they rushed past her without a word. Normally rude manners like this at the castle would have been addressed, but Emma had no time to worry about their mannerism at the moment, she knew something was wrong.

As the princess made her way above deck she only saw true horror. Many of Misthaven's finest knights were on the ground, blood surrounding their lifeless bodies. Limbs not moving nor their bodies moving to breathe, they were dead. She had never seen such horrible things as her parents made sure she never had to. Her eyes watered, the pain of seeing her knights dead ached her heart, their job may have been to protect her but that was still her people, the people she was one day to protect.

    "Princess, you must go now and hide! They haven't seen you yet they're in the armory, we may be able to ride this out.." August said in a panic, not making any sense.

Emma was confused and still distracted from all the bodies in front of her, tears running down her face.

    "Hide from who, August? What has happened to my people?" Emma asked as August pulled her into the shadows of the ship.

    "You must remain out of sight, they don't know you're here. They've come for treasure." August said, ignoring her distraught state. He was only focused on protecting her like he always had.

Before Emma could get another word in, he left as sounds of grumbles and heavy footsteps came from the other side of the ship. She couldn't see much due to the tears in her eyes, but she heard swords clash and loud thumps as bodies hit the floor. She wiped her eyes, now was not the time to cry.

Emma stepped out of the shadow, ignoring August's earlier demand and she was glad. What she saw was pirates, overpowering her army. She had to admit these strangers were indeed strong as they took out many of her finest knights effortlessly. Her thoughts halted when she saw August's body hit the wooden planks of the ship. His sword had flung out of his hand and was too far for him to reach as a heavyset man hovered over him, sword held to his throat.

    Before Emma could think she ran out of the shadows and yelled "STOP!" her voice cracking only a little.

Surprisingly, her few remaining knights and the pirates stopped and looked at her. She ignored the pirates' hungry looks at her and focused on August.

     "Let him up." The princess said firmly, trying to compose herself.

    "Now why would we do that?" A voice with an accent said from behind her.

She turned and saw a slender man, all dressed in black. The only color to his outfit was a blood-red vest. His face was thin with stubble over his jawline that met his jet black hair. His eyes full of mystery and bluer than the ocean itself. He seemed so confident in himself, too confident.

    "Because I ordered you too." Emma swallowed, not letting the man get to her.

    "And why would we take orders from you?" The blue-eyed man said.

    "Because-" Emma was interrupted.

    "Because you're a royal? I don't take demands from royals, let alone a pampered princess." The man continued...

    "The name is Jones, Captain Killian Jones... of the Jolly Roger." He said with an evil smirk on his face.

The name echoed in her ears, Killian Jones, she had heard tales of the man who owned an enchanted ship, fastest in any realm, a man killed with no mercy, a man who left villages wrecked from invading homes. He was a man who got what he wanted from being nothing but cruel. Killian Jones was a man who did horrendous things, even the bravest men feared him.

    Emma tried to hide her fear as she spoke, "I asked you once, let him up" she said referring to August.

    "Or what, you'll tell your father to kill us? You'll send us to the dungeon?" Killian laughed, his crew following.

    "No... I'll... I'll fight you myself. Just leave my people be." Emma said picking up a nearby sword, not entirely sure of what she was doing.

    "Emma, don't." August choked out.

    "Are you sure you know how to use that?" Killian chuckled, stepping closer to the princess. Now inches from her face. He wreaked rum but his eyes were cold stone sober.

    "Kill him." Killian said firmly to his crew member that was still hovering above August.

    "No, wait!" Emma said just as the man raised his sword, then stopped.

    "What do you want?" She asked Captain Jones.

    "What do you think?" He said bluntly, getting annoyed. "We've come for treasure."

    "What does killing an innocent have to do with treasure?" The princess demanded, pushing her fear away.

    Killian approached her once more, coming close to her face, "Dead men tell no tales."

    "What if I gave you a reason to spare him, as well as everyone else on my ship?" Emma said not even sure of what she was doing or saying.

    She continued... "You know my status.."

    "A princess so what, there's many of those." He cut her off.

    "I'm my kingdom's sole heir." she started rambling...

    "My parents are Snow White and Prince Charming... My kingdom has great wealth.." She still had no idea what she was going or offering.

    "And?" Killian asked, slightly intrigued by what she was saying.

    "Take my life, for there's." Emma blurted out without thinking.

    "You want me to kill you, and leave them? How stupid do you think I am?" Killian said, anger rising in his voice.

    "No. I mean, I'll go with you on your ship. Leave my people be. You can hold me for some sort of ransom, I assure you my parents will pay for my return." Emma said finally becoming somewhat level headed, given the circumstance.

    Killian debated it for a minute and then spoke, "How do I know that once I've returned you, you won't just kill my crew and I?"

    "I assure you, you have my word. You let my people go, I go with you. You'll get your ransom and that will be all." Emma said, truly sounding like a ruler.

Killian continued to think, would he really just take her word for it? Him and royals had a nasty past. He continued to think of all the times he's been in chains and escaped, surely he could do it again and if he couldn't he didn't have much too loose. He had heard of Snow White and Prince Charming, they were known to be forgiving as well, and this princess seemed to have them wrapped around their fingers...

    "Do we have a deal?" Emma interrupted his thoughts.

    "Aye, love. We have a deal. Go gather your things." The Captain said quickly before he changed his mind.

She let go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding onto, relieved when she watched the heavyset man get off of August.

    August quickly approached Emma. "Great work your highness! We must get you to the lifeboat, quick before they realize you've been gone too long." August said, not realizing how serious Emma was about her deal.

Emma looked at August confused of how he thought she could just leave on the lifeboat without the Captain noticing. She knew if she did he would surely kill everyone on her ship, maybe even her, or worse her parents. It wasn't worth the risk of so many lives.

    "August, I'm not running away... I meant what I said. I'm going with Captain Jones..." Emma said as she walked to her quarters to grab a few of her possessions.

    "Em... you can't be serious..." August responded.

He hadn't called her that since she was a little girl. Sometimes she forgot August had been with her the majority of her life, his job may be to protect her but he was also her friend, her best friend. She used to get him in trouble so much as a girl running away and hiding from him, telling him nonsense about her day and making him play the girliest games. He only started referring to her as "Princess" or "Your Highness" when she became a teenager.

    "August... please... you've heard stories about this man just as I have." She responded with sadness in her tone.

    "What will I tell your parents?" August asked, choking back his tears.

    "You won't tell them anything. Continue on to Arendelle and the rest of the kingdoms as planned. They're expecting us. I will tell mother and father once I'm able to write the ransom note." Emma said composing herself.

    "I can't just let you go on that ship with a bunch of pirates. You don't know what they'll do, you don't know what the Captain will do. Emma, they're pirates! Let me go with you, it's my responsibility to protect you." August said, panic in his voice.

    "Now I order you to do as I said. Continue on with the trip, I can take care of myself." She spat back, not meaning to be rude.

August knew there was no reason to continue to fight Emma, she was too stubborn and he knew more than anyone she could take care of herself, she was a spitfire and brilliant with any weapon. He watched her pack only a few clothes and her journal she brought that was intended to log her journey.

The princess met the pirate above deck once more and saw a plank connecting her ship to his. It was time to leave her crew and join him. She was scared, more than scared. She didn't know what was going to happen once she crossed over but she was even more scared to think of what could have happened if she let August die.

She held her head high and walked the plank over to the Jolly Roger, its Captain not too far behind. One of his crew members offered her a hand to step down, she took it surprised at his mannerism. She took a look around and was even more surprised to see how neat everything was kept.

It didn't take long for the Jolly Roger to sail away from her royal ship. She didn't know what was going to happen after she was out of her ship's eyesight but she just had to trust herself and hope she was strong enough to face the most feared pirate in all the realms.

Please leave comments and suggestions! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.6K 34
Just another tale of Princess Emma Swan falling in love with Captain Hook? I don't think so. Emma Swan- 20 years old. Sexy, and intriguing, but al...
114 2 18
Imagine a reversal of roles: Emma becomes a pirate, while Killian takes on the role of a prince. As the prince sets out to find his lost brother, he...
83.8K 5.7K 33
Emma Swan thought that falling for a guy, at first sight, was impossible, until one day she met Killian Jones aboard a train. The strong and unexpec...
79.1K 3.5K 40
Emma Swan, also known as the fairest of them all, just like her mother Queen Snow, turned 18, and she knows she will need to get married soon, accor...