Turnover

Oleh ChildOfHypnos

After Vorona stabbed Izaya during his fight with Shizuo, he was taken far away from Ikebukuro to see an under... Lebih Banyak

Prologue: Empty
Chapter 1: "Healing"
Chapter 2: Change
Chapter 3: Yuu
Chapter 4: Feeling
Chapter 5: Moving
Chapter 6: Anime
Chapter 7: Celty
Chapter 8: Jealousy
Chapter 9: Kanra
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter 11: Culprit
Chapter 12: Hotpot
Chapter 13: Caring
Chapter 14: Weak
Chapter 15: Downhill
Chapter 16: Revelations
Chapter 17: Past
Tagged: End my pain
Chapter 18: Information
Chapter 19: Izaya
Chapter 20: Himi
Chapter 21: Loneliness
Chapter 22: Reunion
Chapter 23: Locked
Chapter 24: Amends
Chapter 25: (Kid)napped
Chapter 26: Rescue
Chapter 27: Rescued
Chapter 28: Monster
Chapter 28.5: Birthday Special

Chapter 29: Shizuo

682 37 16
Oleh ChildOfHypnos

-------------

Shizuo groaned as he sat up in bed. He rubbed his eyes and waited as they adjusted to the light. Once he was somewhat awake, he got out of bed and made his way to his kitchen. He checked the fridge for something to eat for breakfast, all he could find was milk and fruit.

He poured himself a glass of milk and drank it as he looked in the pantry for food. You'd think the ex bartender would know what food he had but he never really payed attention to how much food he had left. He decided to just go to a restaurant for breakfast.

He walked around Ikebukuro, he was used to being able to smell the flea since he now lived in the city. He groaned, just thinking about Izaya made Shizuo angry. He couldn't control the years of anger that he held against the informant, even if he was trying to become a better person. He couldn't exactly change his emotions that quickly, no matter how much he tried.

He sighed as he found himself in front of Russia Sushi. Of course. He walked in and was greeted by Simon. "Hey Simon. It's just me today."

"I see I see. We have new type of sushi, would you like to try it?" Simon was as kind as ever, having a constant smile on his face.

Shizuo forced a smile onto his face as he sat down. "Sure, I'm sure it'll be great." He knew he probably wouldn't like it, bitter flavors weren't exactly his thing but he'd suck it up for his friend. He pulled out his phone and lazily scrolled through the various social media platforms, he wasn't the type to post but he liked keeping tabs on the city to know what was going on.

'Omg I saw Izaya Orihara the other day. I didn't believe the news until I heard Heiwajima scream 'IIIIIZAAAYAAAA-KUUUUUN'. I ran away as fast as I could'

---> I saw them too! It was so scary!

---> Shizuo flew right past me and my friends, I thought I was gonna die!

There were many similar posts popping up and all Shizuo could do was groan. Did anyone have anything better to talk about? He only chased Izaya because he ran off! It wasn't his fault that the informamt wouldn't hear him out. He put his phone down before it got crushed, he didn't trust his own strength.

"Wow! I didn't expect you here!"

Shizuo looked up to see who entered and was face to face with Sakura. "Hi?"

"What a friendly reaction, would it kill you to smile?" The doctor pouted and took a seat across from Shizuo. "I'm glad I ran into you, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What did you want to talk about?" He had developed a good friendship with Sakura but it was a bit difficult to understand what was going through her head.

The underground doctor smiled, he did not like what intentions her smile held. "I just wanna pry into your love life a bit~ also my therapy talents increased since I met Izaya so I want to also help with your anger issues!"

-------------

Shinra was woken up early in the morning by a frantic knock on his door. He groaned and got mad that his precious sleep was interrupted but still went to greet whoever decided to wake him up at 5am. "Sakura? You're early-"

"Hide me!"

"What?"

"No time to explain!" The female doctor ran into the apartment and locked the door as fast as possible. "Phew, I should be safe for about 5 seconds."

Shinra looked at his colleague, extremely confused, and went to the kitchen to make himself breakfast. "Do I want to know why you're here?" He asked cautiously.

Sakura nervously laughed.  "I may or may not have said something and made Shizuo mad and he may or may not be breaking down your door at any minute."

He didn't even have time to respond to her since there was a loud banging on his door. "Well I don't think I'll be sleeping anytime soon..." He mumbled before looking through the peephole to see who it was. 'Yep...Shizuo...' He motioned for Sakura to hide before opening the door.

"Where is she!?"

Shinra tried to play dumb. "Where is who? Celty? She's out on a job."

Shizuo glared at his childhood friend. "I don't believe that one bit! Where is Sakura!?"

"She doesn't have work until later-"

"I know you're hiding her!"

Shinra sighed, he didn't understand why he was dragged into these types of things. He was a doctor, not a shield. "What did she even do?"

"She decided it would be funny to try and use weird mind games on me and pry into my love life."

Shinra had to laugh at that. "What love life? Not to be rude Shizuo but you have like...no tact."

"Says the guy who spent half his life trying to get Celty to love him only to fail miserably..." A female voice said from behind him.

"You just ratted yourself out! Why did I even bother helping you?" The poor man just wanted some sleep, was that too much to ask for?

Shizuo yelled and chased Sakura around the apartment. Shinra just sighed and went back to his room. The doctor fell onto his bed and yelled "Don't break anything!" before going back to sleep.

Sakura whimpered when she realized she had backed herself into a corner. "I'm really sorry Shizuo! I was only trying to help!"

"Well just stop then, I don't need help."

Sakura frowned. "How many times have I heard that? I've lost count." She put on a smile and looked up at Shizuo. "Oh well, I won't bother you with love or your anger problems anymore. I really did want to help. I'm sorry for pushing you too far."

Shizuo couldn't stay mad at her, for some reason she just seemed like a pathetic little kitten that needed protecting. "Whatever, if you promise then I guess I won't kill you."

Sakura giggled and stood up. "I promise! Now let's go get some breakfast!"

-------------

Shizuo sighed as he sat on his couch. Thanks to Sakura, he wasted a whole day that he could have used to prepare himself to face Izaya. He had been avoiding the informant for too long, using any excuse he could think of to try and throw that issue under the rug.

He didn't even really know how to feel about Izaya. It was all so confusing and he hated it. He couldn't just instantly forgive everything the flea had done but he also couldn't just ignore the progress he had made with not hurting others anymore.

It was a strange situation for Shizuo to wrap his head around. He regretted his promise to Celty, he only had one more day to talk to Izaya and try to patch things up, did Izaya even want to talk to him? He did willingly date Shizuo though, knowing full well the history they had with each other.

If Izaya was willing to take a bet on that then was it fair for Shizuo to run away from it all? That wasn't fair to Izaya who had been scared out of his mind without Shizuo ever knowing. Just how much did Izaya stress about their relationship when he was hiding his true identity? He must have been terrified.

Shizuo grunted and began doing push ups to try and escape his train of thought. He was doing nobody any good by thinking too deeply about things he wouldn't understand. He just needed to gather his courage to go and see Izaya. He couldn't be some coward who ran away from his own feelings, not when Izaya had put everything on the line by just associating with the man who almost killed him.

'I'll text him...but what do I say?' He grabbed his phone and tried to think of an opening line.

Shizuo: Hey flea

Shizuo: Hey fle

Shizuo: Hey fl

Shizuo: Hey f

Shizuo: Hey

Send

Shizuo let out a sigh and set his phone down on the kitchen counter. He sat on the floor and waited for a response to his message. If you told Shizuo 5 years ago that he would be eagerly awaiting a text from Izaya, he would have punched your lights out.

He didn't have much time to think before he heard a little chime come from his phone. 'That was quick.'

Flea: Shizu-Chan? How unexpected! Need something?

Shizuo: We need to talk. ASAP

Flea: I'm swamped with work today though, I'm free tomorrow though!

Shizuo: Then let's meet at Russia Sushi. Lunch work for you?

Flea: Yea, promise not to kill me?

Shizuo: You're making it tempting...

Flea: It was a joke! I'll see you then. Gotta get back to work now. Bye bye Shizu-Chan!

Shizuo didn't have the emotional capacity to even send ant sort of goodbye. That entire conversation took up all of his energy.

He opened his messages and clicked on Celty's contact.

Shizuo: I am talking to the flea tomorrow...

-Sky

[Wow it's been so long! I've been swamped with college stuff and I'm really sorry about that. I still won't have any sort of schedule but I hope you enjoy this part anyways! Thanks for the support guys!]

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

101K 4.3K 19
Izaya questions all he ever works and lives for. Then when finding the answer he looses himself completely. Spiraling into a depression he can't pull...
12.4K 520 41
"Izaaaa-Chaaaaaaaan!" "(N/n)-Chaaaan!" "When will you die?" "Ladies first!" "then I'll die" "My Angel can't die!" A woman who hangs out with Shizuo,S...
2.2K 156 10
Izaya Orihara was struck with a vending machine and knocked unconscious. He wakes up in another world where people have unique abilities. "I hate the...
7.6K 242 16
Durarara Fanfic Nara goes undercover around Ikebukuro, acting as a normal citizen during the day. Her one job is to keep the streets safe. But her pe...