Bad Boy Brady

By Bookworm_Tina

"I don't trust you." Amelia said in all honesty. "Smart girl." Brady said. Amelia took a step closer. "But... More

An Arrogant Stranger
The Bad Boys Territory
Rich Girl Schemes
Summer Party Gone South
Little Thing Called Guilt
The Bad Boys Warning
Sleepover at The Rylands'
A First Apology
Information Extortion
Daddy Issues
Friends?
Bad Boys Need Advice Too
The First Date
Uptown Girl Apology
A little Chivalry
A Kid Named Lukas
Tip into the Bad Boys Past
Brady the Bully
Seperated
Making Amends
Waltzing His Way into Her Heart
Leaving Each Comfort Zone
Small Sibling Spat
Meeting The Stantons
Driving Lesson
A Peek into the Past
Sparking Old Memories
Patronizing Pam
Her White Bread World
The Bad Boys Motive
Tending Fresh Wounds
Brady's Haunting Past
Kiss and Make Up
It's Holiday Season
Mia on a Mission
The Interns
Interns at Work
Confronting Pam
Lily Letting Loose
A Turn for the Worst
Bad At Goodbyes
B for Broken
Crossed Limits
Brady in Trouble
Dad's Dirty Secrets
May Justice Be Served
We All Hurt A Little Sometimes
I Miss You
Destination: Forever
Epilogue

Bumping Into The Past

895 60 65
By Bookworm_Tina

A/N Check out the awesome trailer made by @baadwriterrr

"I'm leaving as we speak mom." Amelia spoke into her phone receiver.

"I've heard those words many times before honey, don't be late." Chantelle replied.

"Promise I won't. I love you, bye." Amelia said in one breath and hung up.

Amelia grabbed her coat and purse as she descended her long staircase. She reached down and when she did, she glanced at the tall family picture hanging at the entrance hall of her childhood home and smiled. It had been five years since her father passed and it never got easier but in the five years that passed, she grew a hell of a lot and had learned to come to terms with her loss. However, she still missed her dad very much.

Summer had just begun, and she graduated college a few weeks ago, she was back home and even though she was sceptical about how she would handle it but much to her satisfaction she was simply fine. She was back at her home and in Chicago for a week and it was the first time she was leaving her house.

She was supposed to meet her mother in the city with some clients who flew in from Canada, but she was running a little late, as usual. So, brushing off her thoughts she shut the front door and pulled out her car keys.

She got into the driver's seat of her Porsche and after putting the keys into ignition she pulled out of her driveway. As Amelia drove down the road towards the highway she recalled the times she depended on Stan taking her places and her family rule about females not driving by themselves but so much had changed since her father passed away, she was given more freedom and the first thing she did was get her driver's license.

So much had changed yet remained the same in the last five years, she felt like a new person yet as the same old Amelia as well. With a bachelor's degree in finance she was going to start working at her father's company for a while to get the feel of it and thereafter she planned to get her master's degree.

As she drove, she felt the car jerk a few times and then it came to a full stop. She pulled the key out and tried starting again but it wasn't giving in.

"Are you friggin' kidding me right now." She said to herself.

She pulled out her phone and began dialling roadside assistance, just as someone answered she heard a knock at her window.

She dropped her phone from the shock and as she bent to pick it up off the floor, she heard a voice.

"Hey, is everything alright?" the masculine voice asked.

She grabbed her phone and was about to answer but her words got stuck in her throat as she looked at an awfully familiar face.

His expression pretty much mimicked hers, today when he left his house to head out into the city, he never thought he'd ever bump into Amelia Stanton.

"Amelia?" he asked.

She opened her window. "Yeah, Jarred?"

He smiled. "Yeah, wow I can't believe it's really you."

"I can say the same thing," she said.

She got out of the car and hugged him, it felt good to see a familiar face after so many years.

"I had no idea you were back." Jarred said when she pulled away.

"Yeah, I didn't really tell anyone I was coming back apart from my mom." She sheepishly said.

"Well you look great; I mean your hair is much shorter if I remember correctly but you look really good." Jarred said.

"Thanks, and so do you." She smiled.

"So, what seems to be the problem with this beauty you're driving?" Jarred asked admiring Amelia's navy-blue Porsche.

"Wait, you are driving!" he exclaimed. "When did this happen?"

"Shocker right." She grinned. "I got my license a few years back."

"Well good for you." Jarred grinned.

"I kinda had no choice when Stan retired, and I moved." She said. "Now this thing just stopped, and I really need to get into the city, do you think you can help?"

"Of course." Jarred said. "I do own a garage."

Jarred walked around to the hood of the car and after Amelia pressed a button from inside it opened.

She walked around to him and her mind idly wondered to someone she didn't think about for a long time but was still ever-present in her mind. Someone who was Jarred's best friend and also happened to work for him.

"Um, so how is everyone?" Amelia asked. "Cassidy? Adam and Lily?"

"They're all good." Jarred answered. "Cassidy is in New York, she has an internship there, Adam and Lily just got back from college for the summer."

"Wow, college huh." Amelia said more to herself. "It really has been a long time."

Jarred stood up straight and looked at Amelia. "It sure has, and a lot has changed."

He made his way to his car and came back with a bottle of water. "Your car is fine, just needed water so your engine was overheating." He told her.

She exhaled. "Oh good, thankfully you were out here or I'd be clueless."

He looked up from under the hood for a moment. "Déjà vu hit you yet?"

Amelia frowned. "Déjà vu?"

Jarred poured the water in and shut the hood before he looked at her again.

"I know the story, the Mercedes breaking down and your dress getting ruined because of some arrogant ass."

Amelia couldn't help but smile as flashbacks of the day she met him flashed into her mind. "Now that you mention it, this all does feel familiar."

"Only I'm not the guy you saw." Jarred pointed out.

She shook her head. "Nope, not the one."

Before her mind dwelled to thoughts she didn't really want to think of, she shook her head and took in a deep breath. "Thank you Jarred, you literally saved me."

He waved her off. "Don't mention it."

"Well, I'm running late I've got to meet my mom. Thank you again." She smiled politely as she walked towards the driver's side of her car.

She started her car and was about to drive off but before she could she stopped next to Jarred's vehicle. She rolled down her window and called out his name, "Hey Jarred?"

Jarred looked at her in response.

"How is he?" she asked. She knew if she didn't, she would most likely regret it all day and probably all week too.

Jarred smiled. "Where do I even begin? I'd say see for yourself but he's currently in New York but he really is something else now."

Amelia frowned and before she could ask further Jarred waved at her and drove off, leaving her to her thoughts and questioning Jarred's odd answer. What stood out the most was the fact that Jarred said he was in New York and he also mentioned Cassidy lives there too. Could they be together?

She shook away her thoughts, even if they were together, she had no place to feel the way she was feeling – a burning jealousy in the pit of her stomach even after all this time.

As Amelia made her way to the table her mother was sitting at, it was hard not to avoid Chantelle's glare.

"I know I am late, and I am so sorry but I had car trouble." Amelia ranted in one breath.

Amelia noticed that the table was empty and no one but her mother was there. "And look, the clients are late as well so spare me that dragon look mom."

"Late?" Chantelle said. "They were on time and the meeting is over, you're the one who's late."

Amelia sighed. "I'm really sorry mom, I didn't mean to let you down."

Her mother's expression softened. "I understand honey but please don't make this a habit, one day you'll have to handle all of this by yourself and I need you to be in top shape before that day comes... for your fathers sake."

"I know mom, I promise it won't happen again." Amelia reassured her mother.

Her mother dropped her napkin on her plate and stood up. She made her way to Amelia and kissed the side of her head. "I'm heading back to the office; I'll see you later."

"Actually, since I have no plans maybe I should join you." Amelia suggested.

Chantelle pursed her lips. "Well, I don't mind but there was someone who asked me to help them arrange a meeting with you."

"Mom." Amelia drawled. "Who is it? You know I made it clear I didn't want to see anyone, not yet at least."

"Amelia." A voice from behind her spoke.

She froze and looked at her mom.

"Honey, leave the past in the past and move forward." Chantelle said. "I'll see you at home."

"Mo-" Amelia began but her mother would not hear it and instead left.

"Amelia." He called again.

Taking in a deep breath she turned around to see her once best friend, Hugh standing opposite her. He looked pretty much the same, but he matured a little, he was wearing a white buttoned-down shirt with black pants.

"Hi." He breathed as he stood face to face with his best friend after so many years.

Amelia just stared at him, unable to find the words to say, looking at him wasn't just like looking at Hugh, it was like staring at a kaleidoscope of memories, he was connected to so many memories; good and bad. He reminded her of being in school, he reminded her of growing up, he reminded her of friendship, and he reminded her of Brady. But he also reminded her of betrayal and pain but when she outweighed all the memories, good triumphed over bad and in that moment all her resentment towards Hugh was gone.

"Hugh." She breathed and hugged him tightly.

It took him a moment to register before he hugged her back, perhaps he expected a slap instead of a hug.

She stood there with her arms around him for a long while, feeling like a missing piece from home was finally complete.

She pulled away and smiled at him. "It's so good to see you again."

He returned her smile and swallowed down a lump in his throat. "You have no idea how good that sounds to my ears."

"I thought you'd never want to see or speak to me again." He added.

"I didn't but looking at you now... I feel like I'm finally home." She said.

Hugh was feeling overwhelmed with emotions. "I never apologised to you about everything and I know no matter how many times I say it, it won't erase what happened but I am truly so very sorry for the pain I caused you, I never meant to hurt you Lia. Whatever I did was because I thought I was doing it for your wellbeing."

"Hey, you heard my mom it's all in the past and all's forgiven now." She earnestly said.

"You mean that?" he asked.

"Since when does Hugh ever need to be reassured about anything?" she smirked.

He grinned and hugged her again. "Oh Lia, this was all that was left for me to be truly happy."

"Oh yeah, how can I forget?" Amelia smiled widely as she pulled away. "You and Hillary huh, I'd be lying if I said I never saw that coming."

"Yeah, she was in love with me since eighth grade I think." He playfully rolled his eyes.

"I think it was sixth." Amelia corrected him. "But I am so happy for you two, my two best buds about to get married."

"Didn't you make any other best buds back in college?" Hugh asked.

"I did actually, just one." She answered. "Mark, he is very gay and back home in California with his family for the summer."

"So, no plus one's to our engagement party tomorrow night?" Hugh asked.

She shook her head. "No, my love life is as dull as yours is going to be once you're tied down to Hillary."

"Don't remind me." Hugh whined. "One girl for eternity in my bed, how am I going to live?"

She giggled and playfully slapped his arm. "Hey, that's my best friend you're talking about."

"Although maybe the three of us can make an arrangement when we want to spice things up a little." He smirked as he bumped her shoulder.

"Never in your wildest dreams even." She retorted. "If Hillary was here, she'd have you castrated."

Hugh chuckled. "I had to flirt with you at least once, it's tradition."

She genuinely smiled at him. "I missed you Hugh including your stupidity and annoying flirting."

"I missed you too Lia, so much." He earnestly said.

"Okay before you start crying, let's sit down and order lunch. I want to hear everything I've missed out on." She told him as she took a seat.

"Hillary didn't fill you in on every little detail of our life together?" Hugh questioned as he took a seat.

She shook her head. "No, she knew mentioning you was a sensitive topic for me. She didn't even tell me you two were together until you were six months into your relationship."

"Hillary actually keeping her mouth shut, that's got to be a first." Hugh said.

"Yeah, it's like she grew a superpower over night." Amelia said and together they laughed.

There was a comfortable silence between them as they picked up a menu and read over it.

Amelia was deciding what to order when Hugh spoke.

"Have you seen him?" he asked.

"Who?" Amelia mindlessly asked as she contemplated over calamari or lobster tails.

"Brady." Hugh said.

Hearing his name out loud after five years stirred an emotion inside her, her stomach churned, and her heartbeat picked up a pace. She lowered her menu and swallowed.

"No." she said in an almost whisper. "I haven't."

She composed herself, trying to hide the fact that he still had an effect on her. "I bumped into Jarred earlier today and he mentioned something about New York, but I didn't ask any more."

"He's there for work purposes." Hugh told her.

"Work?" Amelia repeated. "What? For a mechanic conference?"

"Well I see the bitch is still in you." Hugh remarked.

"What do you mean?" She raised a brow. "And why are you getting so defensive about him?"

"He's actually got an engineering degree and he's there to meet investors for a car assembling plant he's about to open." Hugh told her.

"What?" Amelia said, utterly shocked. "Brady went to college?"

"Yeah and he's on the road to become a very successful businessman." Hugh stated quite proudly. "The man has come a long way."

"Yeah, he has." She murmured under her breath.

She smiled. "He deserves it, I'm really happy for him."

"Don't you want to-" Hugh began but Amelia cut him off.

"Hugh, can we not talk about this and order lunch please?"

Hugh nodded. "Sure."

"Tell me about the ring you selected for Hillary, it must've been really special." Amelia changed the subject.

"Oh yeah, Hillary wouldn't accept anything else, I got the diamonds especially imported from South Africa..." he went on to explain and their conversation effortlessly flowed thereafter.

**

Amelia stood in front of her mirror, making sure she looked fine for Hillary and Hugh's engagement party. She turned to the side then to the other side, looking at her long silver cocktail dress. It was simple; it had spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline and had a slit down the right side. She matched it with simple nude heels. Her shoulder length hair was curled, and her makeup was a bare look apart from her bright red lipstick.

As she reached for her silver purse she took in a deep breath, she was nervous about going as she knew she was going to be seeing a lot of people from her past and even though she was ready, she knew she would most likely get stared at. The old Amelia loved making an entrance and getting all the attention for herself, but she wasn't that person anymore; it was Hillary's big day and she deserved to shine.

Amelia decided to leave her thoughts and she met her mother downstairs and together they made their way to the hotel where the party was being held.

The butterflies in her stomach grew more for some reason as they reached the front of the hotel.

"Ready to go honey?" her mother asked her.

"How did you do it?" Amelia asked her mom. "Get over the looks from everyone after dad died?"

"I didn't pay any attention to them; I am a Stanton woman and I walked with my head held high and let people think whatever they wanted." Chantelle answered honestly.

Amelia grinned at her mom. "You're right, I shouldn't worry about what others are going to say or think, I'm here for my two best friends."

Her mother put a hand over hers. "That's my girl."

They exited the car and together made their way to the hotel. They entered the foyer and as Amelia and her mom were making their way to the elevator, her phone rang. She looked down and reached for it in her purse but as she was doing so, she bumped pass someone.

"Hey watch it." She snapped without looking up.

She took her phone out and seen that it was Hillary calling, she answered and at the same time she turned around to see who bumped her but all she saw was the back of a tall, dark haired man wearing a black tuxedo.

"Ass." She mumbled under her breath before she averted ger attention back to Hillary's call.

"Yeah Hill, I'm on my way up." She said.

"Everything okay?" Chantelle asked as they stood in the elevator waiting for the door to close.

"Yeah, Hillary is panicking and nervous, but I-" Amelia began but trailed off when she heard a masculine voice shout just as the elevator door closed.

"Hey hold the elevator..." he said.

Amelia tried to stop it, but they were already heading up to the top floor. She stood back and a small frown covered her forehead.

'Where have I heard that voice before?' she thought to herself.

They reached the top floor where the banquet hall was and walked down a long corridor. Two men standing outside the tall wooden doors let them in, she looked at the room which had a theme of gold and white, fairy lights around the ceiling skirting, the tables were adorned beautifully with crystal centre pieces and candles.

It looked like a ball in honour of the prince and princess and she knew her best friend would have it no other way.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Chantelle muttered from beside her.

"Yeah." Amelia agreed.

"I can't wait for the day I'll be hosting one of these for you." Chantelle grinned at her daughter.

"Mom." She rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you."

"Chantelle." A woman whom Amelia didn't know waved her mom over.

"Time to socialize." Chantelle said.

"Yeah, I'm going to find Hillary or Hugh." Amelia said as she made her way inside.

As Amelia walked down the red carpet in the centre of the room she could feel people's eyes on her and even though she felt extremely self-conscious she put on a confident face and strut her way to the front table which Hillary and Hugh reserved for their closest friends and family.

She recognised a few faces as they were part of their friend circle back in high school and she also recognised a few from her parent's social circle.

She was about to take a seat but someone from behind her spoke.

"Drink?"

She turned around to see a familiar blonde haired and blue eyes boy offering her a glass of champagne.

Her lip curved into a smile as her surprise wore off. "Adam?"

He grinned. "In the flesh."

"Oh my God." She muttered, shocked. "I never thought I'd bump into you here."

He shrugged. "I never thought I'd see you here or anywhere as a matter of fact."

She ignored that, not wanting to talk about the past. "It's so good to see you, you've grown, I mean you're looking so handsome."

"What are you saying?" he raised a brow. "Are you say Addy Mc Adam wasn't handsome before?"

She rolled her eyes but smiled, nevertheless. "I see you haven't changed that much."

"Me?" he asked as if she was absurd. "Hell can freeze over but I will never lose my cute quirks."

She laughed. "Yeah don't, ever. As frustratingly annoying as you are, it's what makes you special."

He gasped. "Amelia Stanton just called me special, I cannot believe my ears."

"And you just made it weird." She muttered to herself. "Yeah don't make me take back my words."

He offered her a glass again and she took it. "Don't tell me you're still a waiter here?"

She shook his head. "No, I'm actually somebody's plus one."

If Amelia wasn't done taking a sip of her champagne she would've choked. "You have a girlfriend?"

"Don't look so surprised, apart from being extremely adorable, I'm pretty handsome you know and," he paused and dramatically flexed, "I've been hitting the gym."

"I know you're all those things, but I mean someone has to have a really high tolerance to be in a whole relationship with you." She teased.

He put a hand on his chest dramatically. "Break that glass and stab me in the chest with those pieces, would you?"

"My point exactly." She commented. "Now come on, you have to let me meet her, I need to see which lucky girl won your heart."

"Lia, I don't know-"

"I don't want to hear it." She cut him off. "I've missed out on a lot, don't make me feel more out of place than I already am."

He nodded in understanding. "Okay, let's go."

Amelia smiled at him and she followed him a few tables down from hers, she didn't let her eyes look at anyone, she didn't need anyone's eyes on her again.

As they reached the table Amelia didn't really notice anyone except a young man, maybe around the age of fifteen or sixteen. He was tall and dark haired but what caught Amelia's attention was his eyes, they were blue, the kind of blue she only seen in one specific man. It wasn't just the colour but his eyes were almost exactly to Brady's, even his dark hair resembled Brady's, this kid would easily pass as Brady's brother.

Realization dawned over as she looked at everyone else at that table, she looked up to see a familiar blue-eyed woman, she looked as if she didn't age one bit only her hair seemed to be coloured a dark red. She looked at the man next to her and she was right, that was Pamela and Kurt, they were conversing to themselves for them to notice her, she looked at the young man again and it hit her.

She couldn't believe it, the little cute kid she adored and used to babysit had grown so much. He was glancing at his phone to notice her, but she didn't care nor did she care about how sour hers and Pam's relationship went, she felt like an old aunt that wanted to just pull her grown up nephew's cheeks.

"Lukas." She muttered.

Lukas left his phone and looked up. "Yeah?"

His voice wasn't sweet and childlike anymore, she could imagine him singing 'Lia' as a child and it brought a smile to her face.

He frowned for a moment before realization dawned over his featured.

"L-Lia?" he asked in disbelief.

She nodded with a smile. "You remember me?"

He stood up and she had to look up at him that's how tall he had grown. He wrapped an arm around her and gave her a hug.

"I could never forget you." He grinned as he pulled away. "You were my first crush." He chuckled.

She raised a brow and she could see that he was already quite the ladies' man, he basically wore confidence as cologne.

"I can't believe you're the same kid who loved playing X-Box and watching Shrek with me." She gasped.

He smirked. "Yeah, well what can I say, I grew up and pretty alright if I say so myself."

"I'd say." She smiled at him and wanted to ruffle his hair, but he pulled backwards.

"Whoa, not the hair. It took an hour to get it to look like this." He said.

"I must say though Lia," he added as he checked her out. "You still look as stunning as ever."

Amelia laughed. "Okay Lukas, I'm still at least ten years older than you and you're always going to be a kid in my eyes."

"What?" Lukas seriously said. "No, I didn't mean it that way, I would never, you're my brothers' girl."

Amelia's smile dropped, she froze and had no reply to what he just said.

"I'm sorry, I mean was." He corrected himself, scratching the back of his head.

Amelia opened her mouth to say something, anything but Pamela's voice stopped her.

"Hello Amelia." Pamela who was standing beside her with Kurt, greeted.

"Pamela, Kurt. Hi." Amelia politely greeted.

Pamelia smiled at her and took her off guard by hugging her.

"It's so good to see you honey." She said after pulling away.

"Yeah, you too." Amelia, who was still so overwhelmed replied.

'If everyone is here and if Lukas referred to Brady as his brother could that mean that all is well with his family? And if it is, does that mean he is here too?' Amelia thought to herself as she began scanning the many faces in the room.

"When did you get back?" Pamela asked.

"Hmm?" Amelia looked at her. "Um, about a week ago."

"That's great, it's really so wonderful that you're back Amelia." Pamela said. "I know the last time we seen each other things weren't so good but,"

"It's all in the past." Amelia cut her off. "We were all different people back then."

"Yes, we were but I am so grateful to you, because of you my Brady has grown into such an exceptional man today and you had a big role in that. You're really one of a kind Amelia and I am so sorry I misjudged you." Pamela said.

Amelia wanted to ask but she feared the answer, she wanted to see him so badly but another part of her also didn't, all she knew was that the butterflies she had on earlier was far worse now.

"Is he-" Amelia began but Adam came back.

"Lia, meet my girlfriend." He said.

Amelia looked at a girl who walked from behind him and Amelia's face lightened up with a smile, there in front of her as beautiful as ever was Lily.

"Hi Amelia." Lily smiled.

"Lily!" Amelia exclaimed.

They hugged each other and it felt so good to Amelia to be reunited with Lily, she was the most genuine and kindest friend she ever had.

"I am so so happy to see you." Lily smiled widely when they pulled away.

"Me too Lil." Amelia genuinely said.

"You just left without a word that I thought I lost my first girl best friend forever." Lily said.

Amelia shook her head and felt herself on the brink of tears, seeing all these people who became so close to her in only a year was so emotional, all of them was a crucial part of who she grew up to be but moreover they were all associated to the love of her life and seeing them made her remember everything about him.

"So you're dating Adam?" Amelia teased.

Lily blushed. "I mean one day we were studying and the next thing I know we're kissing and it all just happened so fast."

Amelia laughed, "I'm so happy for you, really."

"I will leave you kids to catch up, Kurt and I will be at the bar if you need us." Pamela said before she excused herself.

"I wanna hear all about where and how you've been." Lily said as she grabbed Amelia's hand.

"Yeah and I want to know how you guys are here at Hillary's and Hugh's engagement party, when I left there was a huge barrier between the two words." Amelia said.

"Well it all started when Hugh and Brad-" Lily began but a voice from behind Amelia spoke.

"Lil, here you are, I've been trying to call you, where's your phone?" His voice spoke.

Amelia felt as if her heart just about stopped right then and there, she knew that voice too well. It was muffled at first when she stood inside the elevator so she didn't give it much thought but as he stood behind her, so close that she could smell his cologne and feel his jacket brush against her bare back, she knew exactly who it was.

But he was in New York, she thought. She never gave it much thought when Hugh mentioned him because her mind was so adamant not to think about him but here he was, right behind her and he had no idea that she was a mere few inches from him.

She looked at Lily and the look in Lily's eyes gave it away that Amelia was right, standing right behind her was in fact Brady Ryland.

"Lily." He asked again and his voice sent an involuntary shiver down Amelia's spine.

"Uh," Lily began looking at Amelia then at Brady behind her. "Yeah, I'm sorry, it was in my purse and I couldn't hear it ring, what's the emergency?"

"Hugh is looking for his cufflinks, apparently you were supposed to pick them up or some shit like that." Brady spoke.

Amelia felt like a pole, just standing there and he didn't even notice her or maybe he did but didn't care.

"No I didn't, I think Lukas was supposed to pick it up." Lily answered.

Lukas who took a seat again and was texting on his phone seemed oblivious to his surroundings.

Brady lightly slapped Lukas on the head. "Dude, can you be present for a moment."

"My hair man!" Lukas exclaimed.

"Do you have Hugh's cufflinks?" Brady asked him.

"Oh yeah, they're in my pocket. Hold on a sec." Lukas answered.

Brady tried to reach towards Lukas, but Amelia was in his way, like a stupid statue not knowing how to act or speak.

"Excuse me, do you mind?" Brady directed the question to her, but she was in too much of a state to comprehend.

Brady held onto her upper arm and gestured for her to move and when his skin got into contact with hers, goosebumps immediately erupted.

"Miss, do you mind?" Brady asked, sounding annoyed.

Amelia didn't say anything, she didn't know why she was reacting this way.

"Fuck it." Brady mumbled under his breath as he walked around Amelia to the opposite side which would leave the two of them face to face.

Amelia took in his features and he was as handsome as ever, he wore a black tuxedo with a white shirt and black tie. His suit was well tailored, and his hair was combed neatly over the side, his blue eyes shining in the light. He looked even more attractive than she could remember. Her heart was hammering in her chest and her stomach was doing somersaults as her mind played back every little memory she shared with him, from the day they met the to last time he said he loved her.

'I love you Mia, always.'

Brady took the cufflinks from Lukas without looking at her and placed it in his inside pockets, he turned to leave but stopped midway when something caught his eye, there she was, standing there in her gorgeous silver dress just staring wide eyed at him.

They both stood frozen in their spots, his face was as usual unreadable, and tears were forming at the brink of her eyes as she looked at him.

They stared at each other for what felt like hours, just looking.

"Well this is awkward." Adam mumbled under his breath earning him an elbow punch from Lily.

Adam's voice broke their moment, Brady swallowed and blinked twice before he looked at Lukas and mumbled, "Thanks kid."

He looked at Amelia one last time and as she opened her mouth to say something he turned around and walked off.

A/N So I wrote the last chapter and when I was done it reached over twelve thousand words, so I decided to turn it into two different chapters. The last one is complete but I just need to proof read it and since it's almost 4am where I am, I'll do so tomorrow and upload the final chapter.

Do let me know what you thought of this one.

Keep Safe

Hugs

Tina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
15.7K 2.8K 61
"For Fuck's sake. Amelia, I swear to God if you are not going to start moving your pretty little legs, I'm gonna throw you on top of my shoulders and...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
54.6K 781 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...