Forbidden Experiments

Galing kay TheKittenWhisperer

From what anyone could tell, the Multiverse was at its most peaceful time from what they could remember. Ther... Higit pa

Author's Note
Laboratory
Home
Calculations
Growth
Outing
Life
White and Blue
Relations
A Sea of Questions
Rainbow
Sunshine
Sleep Issues
Morning
Vision
TV and Exhaustion
Kisses and Coffee
Training
Secrets
Spar
Curious Behaviors
Birdsong
A Painted Canvas
Empty
Predictions
The Rolling Fields
Frightening Similarities
Spy Mission
Temporary Scientists
Trespassing
Game Start
Sudden Suspicions
Glass
Disbelief
Flowers
Rain That Pours Like Tears
Another Day
Different Drawings
Children and Cookies
Your Idiot
A Casual Picnic
Midnight Kisses

Portals

654 34 29
Galing kay TheKittenWhisperer

"Is there a reason why we're heading to a different room today?" 1.1 asked.

Presently the two skeletons were following Dr. Catrone down one of the laboratory corridors, 1.1 having noticed a change in the usual path they traveled to get to the education rooms.

"You will see when we get there." Dr. Catrone replied.

"Oh, is it a surprise?!" 1.2 exclaimed. "Could we get a hint?"

"In a way, yes, it's a surprise. Hints though I can't give." Said Dr. Catrone. "You'll have to wait."

"Aw..." 1.2 disappointedly mused. "What do you think it might be, brother?"

"Hmm... To be honest, I'm not sure." 1.1 replied, thinking about it for a minute as they continued to walk. "Maybe we're going to meet a different person for some kind of different learning?"

"Maybe... Perhaps it's a gift?" 1.2 suggested.

"Err... That doesn't seem as likely." Stated 1.1.

Soon they noticed Dr. Catrone stop at a door at the end of the corridor. They watched as he pulled out some keys on a large ring and inserted one into the door, the room not having any fancy hand scanner like most. He jiggled the key and turned it, the door opening. He pushed it open and flicked on the light using a light switch to the side. He then entered the room, the two skeletons following behind him.

Both of their eyes widened at what they saw. In front of them was a giant mechanical, archway like structure of silvers, purples, and blacks. It had rough edges and was attached to a metal ramp that stretched the whole width of the average sized room, a computer of sorts sitting to the right side of the archway. Attached to this computer was a separate, smaller machine, that held a medium sized rectangular object - which unknown to the skeletons - was the portal gun.

"What is that thing?" 1.1 questioned, looking over every detail of the machine from afar.

"It's so cool!" 1.2 exclaimed, running over towards it, closely looking it over.

1.1 watched his brother closely looking at the machine, then he glanced over at the head scientist that presently stood at the computer to the side of the arch. Dr. Catrone glanced behind himself to see 1.1 glancing at him, then back at his brother. The head scientist smiled. The skeleton may not be one to show much emotion, but it was obvious he wanted a closer look at the machine.

"Just make sure not to touch anything." Said the head scientist, turning around to see 1.1.

The skeleton nodded in reply, then slowly approached the machine. He looked over every detail, taking it all in and exploring it just as his brother was doing.

Dr. Catrone glanced over at them every now and then, making sure they weren't doing anything they shouldn't. When he wasn't looking, he was setting up the machine to start the second phase of his experiment.

Within minutes, the machine was ready for launch, purple orbs that lined the outer edge of it's arch starting to glow white. The two skeletons noticed this and took a few steps away from the arch before wandering over towards Dr. Catrone, not looking away from the machine as they did so.

They stopped once they stood a foot away from the head scientist, both skeletons looking at him with an inquisitive expression.

"I'm assuming you wonder what this machine does." Dr. Catrone stated.

Both skeletons gave a small nod.

"Well, it's a complex idea to wrap one's head around, but there is more to this existence than this laboratory and what you've seen and read in books." Dr. Catrone began to explain. "There are other worlds out there more commonly known as different universes. These universes varying in multiple ways."

"Other worlds, really?" 1.1 asked. "That sounds ridiculous."

"Ridiculous?" 1.2 questioned his brother. "I think it sounds cool!"

"It's impossible though, or at least it is according to all the science books I've been reading!" 1.1 exclaimed. "There's absolutely no way."

"That's where you are mistaken." The head scientist replied.

"But it is!" 1.1 argued back, frustration showing on his face.

"Keep in mind that those science books are old and slightly out dated." The head scientist began to explain. "Science has greatly advanced since then, allowing new possibilities and opportunities."

Dr. Catrone lifted up the bulky portal gun, a clicking sound from the machine being heard as the gun was removed.

"Today, I plan to bring you to a couple of these alternate universes." He continued. "This being possible due to the machine in this room and the second part of it I now hold."

"So, we actually get to see them?!" 1.2 exclaimed.

"Yes, you both do." Dr. Catrone replied with a smile.

The head scientist pressed a button on the control panel of the machine. The room shook as the machine formed a portal inside of its arch. The skeletons' eyes widened in awe at the sight. The portal was of a pastel rainbow that rippled, and it glowed with a soft light.

Dr. Catrone approached the portal his machine had formed, smiling at the success. He had finally achieved a machine that could safely bring him to other universes at the click of a button. He glanced over his shoulder at the skeletons behind him, their eyes filled with fear and wonder as they saw him stand only inches away from the portal.

"Shall we get going?" He asked.

1.1 and 1.2 hesitated, waiting for the other to take a step forwards. Finally, 1.1 took a step, his brother following close behind as they approached the portal. Both stood near the head scientist, one of each side. They watched as Dr. Catrone walked through the portal with a smile on his face and portal gun in hand. Once he disappeared into the portal, they looked to each other for reassurance. They then stepped into the portal together.

It was a little discombobulating at first for the skeletons, going from one scene to a completely different one in mere seconds, appearing out of thin air rather than a portal. One second they had stepped through the portal, the next they had appeared in a world of green grass, green trees, flowers, blue sky with white clouds, and beautiful song birds. They looked around their surroundings in awe.

"It's a lovely view, isn't it..?" Said Dr. Catrone.

He stood a couple feet in front of the skeletons, looking over the hill they had appeared on, glancing down at the quiet town far below the hill.

"Where are we?" 1.1 asked. "How are we here? This shouldn't be possible."

"You're questions will be answered soon enough." Dr. Catrone replied. "Give yourselves a minute to take this all in..."

"Wow... There's so many pretty flowers." 1.2 mused, crouching down to get a closer look at the yellow and pink flowers around them.

He spotted a bumble bee, flying near one of the flowers, intriguing his curiosity. He had never seen such small living creatures in person before, only having read about them in books.

Meanwhile, 1.1 only sighed and decided to glance around his surroundings again. It was an odd experience to him, he had never imagined he would end up in such a place. It all felt unreal as he stood there beneath the blue, lightly clouded sky. He found himself continuously looking up at the sky above him, watching the clouds float across it in the light breeze.

"I still don't understand..." 1.1 mused, looking away from the sky and back over at the head scientist.

"Eager to get answers, are we?" Dr. Catrone asked.

"Yes!" 1.1 shouted back in reply, temporarily disrupting the peace around them.

The eruption from him caused 1.2 to jump in surprise. He quickly stood up and turned around to look at his brother.

"Well," The head scientist began, turning away from where he was staring and walking towards the two skeletons that were not far from each other.

"There's a reason why I brought the both of you here." He began. "This universe here is the original, the start of this entire multiverse. Us scientists recognize it as 0, most scientists unaware of its actual name. I though, have found the files that tell it's name along with many others..."

"What is it's name then?" 1.1 asked.

"Undertale." The head scientist answered. "This is it's surface, monsters having been sealed inside a mountain underground for years before being able to once again be on these lands, thanks to a human child."

"Like the humans in some of the story books?" 1.2 questioned.

Dr. Catrone nodded in reply.

"There's a lot more to this multiverse." He continued. "And you two are very important to it."

"What do you mean?" 1.1 asked.

"You two play very important roles in this Multiverse, at least, before they defeated you so they could steal your roles for their own." The head scientist began to explain.

"'Important roles'..?" 1.1 mused. "What are you talking about?"

The skeleton almost looked frustrated, trying to recall memories on what the head scientist was saying, not remembering any such thing. 1.2 shared a similar expression.

"I'm not surprised neither of you can remember." Replied Dr. Catrone. "They made sure of that once you were defeated... They removed your memories, weakened your powers, reducing you both to just your souls and locking you both away. Luckily, my team of scientists managed to find you, bringing you to the lab you woke up to, and with hard work we revived your physical forms so you can rightfully take back what is yours."

"Who are 'they'?" 1.2 asked.

"Clones of both of you with your magic, your roles, and now your belongings... Stealing away the universes you both were in charge of creating and destroying." The head scientist explained.

"They stole them?" 1.1 asked, a small anger caught in his voice.

He felt a hatred boiling up inside him. If what was said was true, then him and his brother had been robbed greatly of multiple things.

"Indeed... Their creators making them so they could control the entirety of this multiverse, which is what us scientists do not want." Dr. Catrone replied. "That is why I have made it my laboratory's priority to help the both of you control this multiverse once again."

"What are we waiting for then..?" 1.1 asked. "Standing around won't help anyone."

"How could they be so greedy?" 1.2 mused, a bitterness hidden in his voice.

"I know it's hard to stand around without doing a thing, but right now neither of you are ready for battle. Neither of you are prepared for a war." Dr. Catrone told them, a strange sternness to his voice. "Relax... Within time and with training you will be ready to claim this Multiverse back."

He then shifted his portal gun, firing it, summoning a portal, similar but smaller than the one they originally went through, in the middle of the air where the gun was pointed.

"How about seeing another universe?" Dr. Catrone asked. "Perhaps it will spark a memory..."

The skeletons both gave a determined nod. A new desire had been lit inside of them both, a new meaning to their lives had been given to them. The sugar was sweet in the lies they were served, allowing them to be blind to the bitter taste of truth of being deceived by the one monster they completely trusted.

"You two must step through first," the head scientist stated. "If I go in with the gun, then the portal will close up once I'm through."

The skeletons eagerly stepped through the portal, one at a time, the head scientist following behind them.

1.1 and 1.2 could hardly believe their eyes... Above them was a sky filled with bright stars, and around them was water filled with the reflections of the starlight; water falls, but with water flowing upwards instead of down, and normal rivers around the little floating rock island they had appeared on. Soon appeared the head scientist behind them through a few pixelated sparkles.

"This is one of the most wonderful universes, especially for an astronomer..." He stated. "This one is called Outertale."

"It's beautiful..." 1.1 mused as he glanced around at all the stars and the shimmering water.

It was something out of a dream. It was something hard to comprehend being real, yet it was there in front and around them.

Dr. Catrone smiled as the skeletons glanced around in curiosity and awe. To him, their reactions to the sight truly meant nothing... What mattered was the fact that they bought his twisted lies.

Phase 2 has successfully begun... Was the one thought that crossed his mind.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5.4K 154 36
Alphatale and the other rare ones was the first Au... And the rare monsters or skeletons like gods and guardians,like Reaper,Dream,etc.,they live on...
9.4K 239 26
There were two opposites. The creator. And the destroyer. They were mortal e...
109K 3.6K 15
20 year old (Y/N) is no ordinary human. About five years ago she was taken from her universe by Ink, a Star Sans who creates and protects AUs. He c...
6.7K 336 35
Well....this is my first time to write a story,so I'm sorry if there's any mistakes or something,I'm not really good at writing stories,AND DON'T TAK...