Leeway // Joe Mazzello

Door Octavia_Mazzello

~LEEWAY~ "What are we doing?" "Ruining our lives" "I'm glad we're doing it together." "I wouldn't want to rui... Meer

"Cast & Author's note"
1|| "Reverie"
2|| "Dinner"
3|| "Coffee"
4|| "Opportunities"
5|| "Cloud"
6|| "Oxy Octavia"
7|| "Irony"
8|| "Golden"
9|| "Job Positions"
10|| "Conversions"
11|| "Fuel to the Fire"
12|| "What Now?"
13|| "World's Worst Jenga Game"
14|| "Reality"
15|| "The Promise"
16|| "Average Joe"
18|| "September 8th"
19|| "Boss Ass Bitch"
20|| "The In Between Life"
21|| "You Know What's Funnier Than 24?"
22|| "Star Shopping"
23|| "The Beginning and the End"
24|| "Mary Austin"
25|| "Roger Taylor"
26|| "Brian May"
27|| "Paul Prenter"
28|| "Freddie Mercury"
29|| "John Deacon"
30|| "Mozzarella Stick"
31|| "Say It One More Time"
32|| "What Happened?"
33|| "Loverboy"
34|| "I Think You're so Pretty"
35|| "When in Rome"
36|| "Delicate"
37 || "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

17|| "Speak French to Me My Darling"

290 11 47
Door Octavia_Mazzello

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

KEY FRAME
/kē frām/

(n.) A moment that seemed insignificant at the time but ended up marking a diversion into a strange and new era of life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calling Christian was not an easy thing to do. She felt guilty for even speaking to him because he had no idea what was coming. It took her forever just to hit dial, and even as she did it she couldn't hold back her tears. Now Octavia was not one to break up with someone over the phone, and she wasn't about to do it now. Christian, even though they would not leave each other's lives on good terms, deserved an in-person breakup.

After her long talk with Lucy and Amelia, Octavia realized that she couldn't wait any longer for her life to be fixed for her, and instead decided to take charge for once. And after being convinced, again, that noodle-shaped skater boys with a weed addiction were not her type, she finally came to the conclusion that she and Christian were wrong for each other. Now, granted, Christian was not in the least bit an Ethan, Octavia also wasn't going to step back and let him turn into one.

Now she sat back, on her little stool next to the door, patiently waiting for Christian. Or her next panic attack. Whichever came first. Gwilym was home, and Octavia wasn't sure if that was the best idea. But alas, you can not kick out someone who offers up more than half the rent each month.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What are you doing? And why are you just sitting there? That can not be comfortable." Gwil rolled his eyes at his sister, slouched on the little wooden stool. He was coming down for yet another cup of coffee and Octavia hoped that he would hurry up before Christian arrived.

"This is my stool of small emotional panic attacks." She defended herself as she crossed her arms.

"Did you buy that stool just for that?" He asked, still giving her a "What the hell?" look.

"Yes, in fact I did. It keeps me from pacing. Now, if you would go back to your room, that would be greatly appreciated."

"You are being ridiculous." He said, mixing creamer into his coffee.

"I stepped out of your way when you broke up with your college girlfriend." She fought back.

"Wait, are you breaking up Christian tonight?" Gwil paused and then turned around to look at his little sister.

"...yeah I am. I think it's time." She said after a pause.

"Oh well if you need anything afterwards, just let me know." He gave her a sympathetic grin before turning around and taking out his phone, his grin spreading into a full on smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IMESSAGE GC

"I"M IN A BAND + ALLEN"

Gwilym (Bri 2.0)
Ben (Rogah)
Rami (Freddie)
Joe (Deacy)
Allen (not prenter)

Bri 2.0
You will never guess what's happening right now

Rogah
You've finally managed to talk to a girl for once?

Bri 2.0
No, you blond bimbo
Octavia is breaking up with Christian

Deacy
Wait are you serious??

Freddie
This is your chance!!

not prenter
Damn Joe, haven't you been waiting for this?

Rogah
He totally has. It's all he talks about.

Deacy
Oh it is not!

Bri 2.0
Someone's lying...

not prenter
Oh come on Joe!! You practically begged me to find out if she was attracted to you by asking her her favorite band member.

Deacy
Well I'm not her type anyway so

Rogah
She lies just as much as you do
plus, you're everyone's type ;)

Deacy
Ben sweetie thank you but now is not the time

Freddie
Joe really is the king of missing his chances

Deacy
Now I feel like I'm being ganged up on and I do not approve.

Bri 2.0
That's because you are.

Rogah
Quit being such a baby and go get her!!

Bri 2.0
You know when her brother approves of you, it's serious. I swear if you don't, I will personally erase our entire friendship.

not prenter
Joe you better not blow this

Deacy
Okay but seriously, I stand no chance against Christian. He is who she's attracted to, and I'm nothing like that.

Rogah
You really are that dumb, aren't you? If you didn't stand a chance against Christian, do you think she would be breaking up with him right now?

Deacy
I've noticed I'm being called out so for obvious reasons, I will be passing away.

not prenter
Oh my god always one for dramatics

Rogah
You'll just never admit to it will you?

Deacy
nope =]

Freddie
🤦🏽‍♂️

Bri 2.0
I give up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Everything was awkward. But when was it not? Octavia got nervous easily, especially when she had no idea what she was doing. But talking to people was never really an issue, sure she hated being judged for her awkward exterior, but at the end of the day she got over it. Talking to Christian was a whole different battle. Of course she was in the wrong, but how do you casually talk to someone after they've said such horrible things about you, to you?

They sat at the kitchen island, huddled around Octavia's meager attempt at making dinner. She wanted to seem like she cared, but giving Christian food poisoning was not at the top of her list.

"You just wanna order pizza or something?" She asked after making a disgusted face at the green bean that fell limply from her fork and splattered on her plate.

"Is it rude if I say yes?" Christian asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

God he was so cute, she thought.

No, Octavia. You're defeating the purpose of this whole evening, she thought again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Their pizza arrived in record time and Octavia couldn't help but thank the delivery man for speeding the process of this awful evening. She steadily placed the box on the island and lifted the lid.

"What kind of dork orders pineapple pizza?" Christian judged.

"This one!" She pointed at herself and took out two piping hot slices and placing them on her plate. "It's good, don't judge me."

"Oh trust me, I've already judged."

"Wanna eat on the balcony? It's a really nice evening." Octavia offered as she struggled to slide open the door to the balcony.

It was one of the last warm days of the year. She set her plate on the patio table and glanced up to the city, a gentle breeze blew through her hair and she cleared her thoughts. What a beautiful night for a breakup.

"What's this?" Christian asked, picking up a small paperback book to set his plate down.

"It's a poetry book I got in a french book store a couple of years ago."

"What about this one?" He flicked her card stock bookmark, positioned on her favorite poem.

"It's my favorite." He was being so sweet, she started to question breaking up with him.

"Read it to me, I love poetry." He admitted.

"Seriously? I thought you only liked skateboarding."

"There's more to me than that, I'm more than surface deep." He said.

"Well okay, anyway... here it goes..." She took a long breath.

"Speak french to me my darling
as we gaze upon the stars
together we share this moment
it will be only ours

Speak french to me my darling
when we have to be away
my paper fresh with ink
of all the things I did not say

Speak french to me my darling
when we've chosen to be this far
when I know you've read my letter
before you say au revoir

Speak french to me my darling
as I memorize your features
just one last little glance
you were my favorite creature

Speak french to me my darling
for I long to touch your soul
Stir my finger in your aura
but alas we are not whole

Speak french to me my darling
for I've found the constellations
when we discovered only stars
I've reached my jubilation"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"That... wow..." Christian trailed off.

"Yeah it's about people staying on good terms and keeping familiarity after-"

"...They break up."

"...Yeah" Christian was putting the pieces together.

"You're breaking up with me?" He whispered.

"Look Christian I- well.... yes?"

"You're not making any sense. Are you or are you not breaking up with me?" He questioned her, raising his voice.

"Yes Christian I am." She stated bluntly.

He looked at her perplexed. Of all the things he expected from tonight, this most definitely was not on the list. He couldn't say anything for several seconds, he just kind of stared at her, waiting for her to take it back or kiss him or something other than just meet his stare.

"And you're... serious?" He still couldn't wrap his head around it.

"How are you so shocked? Of course I'm serious. As pretty as you are Christian, and as much as I would love to make this work, we're not right for each other. You are exactly my type, and that's exactly why we can't be together."

"You make no sense! One second it's 'Christian I need you' and now it's 'Christian I can't be with you' what do you want from me?"

"I want you to listen to me and understand, please! Yes, I screwed up terribly and I understand that and I don't want forgiveness or anything but whatever, and then you pointed out some very terrible character flaws that I have, and I've been working on those. But then I realized that if I'm going to grow away from my past and try and fix myself, I need to let go of my past, and you just remind me too much of it. And I'm not blaming you, I just don't want you to become something you're not, and I don't want to be suck in a constant loop either."

"We're wrong for each other, in every way possible, we bring out each others worst qualities, we hate different things, we persue different adventures, we're polar opposites, and yet we're identical. Doesn't that tell you something?"

"You can't poison someone into loving you, Christian. You just end up killing them. I know everything and nothing about you, and when there's nothing to learn nor nothing to forget, you're stuck. And I don't want to be stuck."

He cupped her face in his hands, gently caressing her jawline, and when she thought he was going to kiss her, he whispered, "We'll meet again as characters in a different story, in a different lifetime, I'll search for a girl with beautiful brunette hair and a Bass obsession, and maybe... just maybe, she'll be mine." And with that, he lifted her chin and kissed her for the last time. A last goodbye.

When the kiss finally broke, he grabbed his stuff and shuffled slowly to the balcony door. he rested his hand on the handle, pausing only momentarily.

"Je t'aime, Christian." She turned to face him as her eyes welled.

"Je t'aime , Octavia."

He didn't slam the door this time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN:: I attempted poetry so let's see how that goes. Also, I will spoil (sorry), filming chapters will start up soon and I honestly have no idea the order that they filmed the movie in (besides Live Aid of course) so please don't come for me😂 ALSO I think I have pretty good music taste so if any of you want me to link my Spotify let me know!! And I'll see you all in the next chapter!!

~🦖

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4K 183 9
" ๐ข'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ...
5.1K 210 9
I'm Gonna Love You I Mean It โ€โ€โ€Ž social media & real life mzzystars ยฉ 2023
73.5K 2.4K 21
โ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐˜€, ๐—œ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป. ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ, ๐˜†๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
2.6K 167 60
Just something to improve my writing & creativity ! ;) *NO SMUT* *written with mostly British grammar/words* Please keep in mind that this is *purel...