2|| "Dinner"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

DISAPPOINTMENT
/ˌdisəˈpointmənt/
(n.) a person, event, or thing that causes disappointment.
⤷ alternative definition: Octavia Lee in a nutshell

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia wasn't sure why, but she was totally dreading this dinner tonight. Of course, Gwil had to go all out just to please mom and dad, something Octavia could never seem to do. Her parents where always obsessed with Gwilym and his fancy new career as an actor. They constantly asked him what celebrities he has met and how much money he would be making and how much fame that would get him. It almost seemed like they cared more about his career than him, and in some odd way, that put Octavia at ease.

She rummaged through her closet to at least find something that would say "I'm the sister of an outstanding actor" instead of "I bought this off the clearance rack because I spent all my money on 2 am Taco Bell trips".

When Octavia realized that she couldn't find anything, she desperately needed help from the one person with an actual decent fashion sense.

IMESSAGE

Amelia (Amelida Badelia🧚🏻‍♀️)
Octavia (Mrs. Deacon💍)

Mrs. Deacon💍
HEY I know we literally just saw each other and this is SUPER annoying, but I'm in a CRISIS and I need professional help ASAP!!

Amelia Badelia🧚🏻‍♀️
Okay, no need to pull a Britney, what's the issue?

Mrs. Deacon💍
I have to have dinner with my parents AND brother and I need to not look like a homeless person!! In other words, I need to borrow your ENTIRE closet

Amelia Badelia🧚🏻‍♀️
Oh no, if Momma's involved, we've got a lot of work to do, i'll be over there like YESTERDAY!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia plopped on her bed in a fit of frustration, She had less than three hours and there was no way Amelia would be able to fix her. It would take her mother one swipe of the elevator eyes and she could point out every flaw on Octavia. It used to not be this way, and Octavia secretly wished everything would go back to the old times, before her mother discovered the Kardashians and anti-aging cream; before Gwil was some "big time" actor.

Lost in thought, Octavia jumped when she heard the loud raping of Ameila's hand on her door. She quickly rushed to open it, being greeted with a frazzled Amelia covered in 50 dress bags.

"I think you went more insane then I did." Octavia stated, taking some bags from Amelia's arms.

"Well your text said "I need to borrow your entire closet" so i brought like 1/5 of it!" Amelia said with a small smile.

"you know what, that's perfect, now lets get to work!"

"Hell yeah!"