12|| "What Now?"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

MEND
/mend/

(v.) repair (something that is broken or damaged).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia didn't get out of bed much the following day. Christian left early in the AM for work, which Octavia probably should have done, but Joe's backup for Saturday saved her at least some guilt.

Gwil had finally returned to his long-awaited room too. It was nice to at least have some things in order, kept the outside disasters at bay. He too wasn't the most active the next day. Word had spread to cast that their parenting situation was not at top peak, but people knew not to ask questions.

But wildfire news of the perfect Lee family split did not limit itself to just the cast. So when Amelia found out about how rough Octavia was having it, she decided, finally, that maybe now was not quite the time to let all hell break loose.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At the decent time of 11:54, Octavia finally rolled out of bed. She checked her phone to 3 missed calls, all from Joe, 7 unopened DM's from Lucy, and 2 texts from Christian. Never in her life had she ever felt so popular. Of course now everyone was going to treat like she was glass, which she hated. But hey, they were just trying to be nice.

The world just felt more stressful today. Nothing was going her way and she felt selfish for that but she also rationalized it to the point of: what did she do to deserve this in the first place?

She started a pot of coffee for Gwil, but she honestly didn't even know if he was still here. And as she was dipping her tea bag into her cup of hot water, there was a meager knock on the door.

At first she dismissed it but then the sound grew to a full fledged knock. Octavia shuffled her way over to the door, and when she opened it, she was greeted with a face that she never expected.

"I'm...sorry." Amelia looked and sounded defeated. Her blonde hair could use a good brush and trim. Her eyes bore the same dark circles that Gwil had and the pigment in her skin seemed to have permanently drained itself.

In short, she looked like hell.

"Amelia? What are you doing here?" Octavia, still dazed right sleep, could barely comprehend anything.

"I don't know how to say I'm sorry to you in anyway that will suffice for the damage I've created. I've thought about it, a lot, and I was being really really selfish and dumb and I.... I'm sorry." Tears wells in her eyes and she was unable to continue her speech.

Octavia didn't know what to say, Amelia had brought her her most vulnerable self, allowing herself to be completely open. And on one side she wanted to embrace her best friend and completely erase the past weeks, and on the other she just wanted to shut the door and walk away, finally ridding herself of all the problems.

The door remained opened, and she invited the blonde into her home.

They didn't talk for several minutes, instead sat there and revised the words they would soon say to each other.