37 || "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

Octavia's guide to the hell that is the English language

HOME
/hōm/

(n.) the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household

⤷alternative definition: what Joe was to Octavia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Octavia had genuinely not thought about opening any form of social media since they arrived in Paris, but since she managed to get an actual decent picture of herself, on the first try, she might add, she decided to go ahead and post it to Instagram. Opening the app could not have brought her less joy.

It was a big mistake.

Filtering her Instagram notifications had failed her again. The app did not, at all, hesitate to draw her immediate attention to her recently followed tab, one she never visits. It was suspicious so she decided to take a peak, for fun. And lo and behold, another account created by none other than Ethan had followed her with an attempt to contact her.

She wasn't new to this, so she immediately blocked the account, adding it to the rather long list of additional Ethan accounts, most likely disabled after their attempts at sparking a DM from Octavia had failed.

While she admired the dedication, she found it pathetic. Octavia could name so many girls, then and now, that would absolutely flock to Ethan if he gave them the time of day. Why he never did was always her question. Why he kept trying to come back to her was an even bigger one.

And then she was instantly reminded of something she thought she got her mind off of: her lie. Damn it.

She needed to confess to Joe. It wasn't worth the stress, and Joe had proved over and over that he loved her more than anyone else had, so she wasn't really sure what she was waiting for.

She figured now wasn't the right time, they were nearing the end of their trip, and there was no point in ruining it now. She made a promise to herself to tell him the full story once they landed back in London.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

CAMERA ROLL: ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE