Belonging | Alec Lightwood

By Itzwhatever

'He said, there are thousands of Shadowhunter's, but great love comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky, and... More

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER PROFILE
TRAILER
COVER ART
AESTHETICS
πŸ—
(1) Happy Birthday
(2) Meeting Blondie
(3) Hello hot eyes
(4) Still an asshole
(5)Thanks for the tat
(6)Female anatomy
(7) Meth Dealer
(8) Time for Boys
(9) Si bitch, her too
(10) Burden
(11) Fuck the accords
(12) Teach me
(13) Alec's answer
(14) As funny as Ebola
(15) One step forward, two steps back
(16) Hotter than Jace
(17) Memory
πŸ—
(18) Lies and open wounds
(19) I can't
(20) Hibernating
(21) Torn
(22) Intoxicating
(23) One in a million
(24) Wrapped around my finger
(25) Short end of the stick
(26) Male Anatomy
(28) I did it
(29) Warnings and intruders
(30) Seeing red
(31) Save him
(32) One knee
(33) Arrangement
(34) Obligations
(35) What I liked about you
(36) Heaven
(37) Beginning to fade
(38) Sister Sister
(39) Threesome
(40) Family United
(41) Bad idea
(42) The Wedding
(43) Him and I
πŸ—
(44) Crazy
(45) Right Choices
(46) Adios
(47) Back again
(48) Hurricane
(49) Interrogation
(50) For Jace
(51) Getting between us
(52) 3 words, 8 letters
(53) Running out of time
(54) Hope
(55) Shattering
(56) Hunt
(57) Alone
(58) Darkness
Acknowledgements
!!!!

(27) Always goes wrong

2.8K 97 120
By Itzwhatever

"God, we've been waiting here forever. What is taking Jace and Clary so long" I groan, my right foot lifting to ease the pressure on my suffocated toes.

Note to self: Don't wear heels on a long ass mission.

"You don't think they're..." Izzy insinuates, a sly smirk on her face, instantly making me giggle and Alec scoff in disgust.

"At a time like this? Impossible" Alec mutters back, gruffly folding his arms and turning his head expectantly to the precinct door, looking out for a certain blonde and red head.

After magically putting my mothers JC box into the notepad, I realised where the cup was; in an old stack of taro cards we had at home. Luckily for us Luke had it hidden away for safe keeping in the NYC police office, but unluckily for us Luke was arrested and being questioned due to string of demonic murders.

Hence why we've been waiting for like an hour for Clary and Jace to go in and find it.

"I don't get why you couldn't just get it Cam? I mean, you're the one with the ability to take it out" Izzy asks, confusion on her face, and as Alec turns to I see he's thinking the same thing.

"Well, " I start, blushing slightly, "I don't have the um- best reputation in the police precinct since, you know, I've been there a lot for not such innocent reasons... And angel Clary hasn't, so it's better and less suspicious if she goes in"

"You've been arrested by the same precinct your mothers boyfriend works at?" Alec asks, an amused smirk lingering over his lips as he raises his brow at me.

"Yeah, not exactly ideal" I mutter back.

"Wait, what where you arrested for?" Izzy suddenly questions, a huge smirk across her face and I feel the blood rush to my face.

Oh god no.

Luckily for me, just as I open my mouth to lie my ass off, I spot Jace and Clary rushing out of the precinct, their conversation seemingly tense and heated.

"Someone called for backup?" Izzy says sarcastically.

"What took you guys so long, we where beginning to wonder what you guys where really doing in there" I ask teasingly, a insinuating smile covering my face, making Jace scoff in amusement and Clary blush, a harsh glare being thrown my way.

Karma's a bitch and so am I.

"It's complicated. We found the Cup." We all perk up at the news, happy to know that we had it within our reach.

" Yeah, but then we lost it. We have to sneak back in the precinct to get it." Clary scorns, clearly showing that they're original plan had not gone right and we would need to act quickly before something inevitably went wrong.

Because lets' be honest, something always goes wrong.

Before any of us have time to hatch a plan, Clary's phone rings loudly, causing her to jump and pull it out of her pocket swiftly. As soon as she sees the number she sighs, a frustrated groan escaping her.

"Not again. Just give me a second." She says, walking off to the side to answer the call, "Simon, this is really not a good time."

Clary argues slightly with Simon, clearly trying to calm him down and make sure he's ok. Whatever happened must've been serious, considering Clary looked a little concerned.

However, mid-way through the conversation, a irritated Jace rushes over and takes the phone from her hand, slamming it shut, hanging up on him.

"Hey—"

"That could've been important, he could be in trouble" I sneer, annoyance filling me at Jace's asshole behaviour. Simon was in trouble once, who knows if he needs our help again.

"Simon's little problem can wait." Jace mutters, pocketing Clary's phone.

"I've got a plan" Jace states, ignoring what I said.

Dick.

"Oh, there's a first." Clary scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Just follow my lead." Jace orders, a sarcastic smile on his face "Oh, and don't worry, in my plan, no one gets slapped." He states, looking poignantly at Clary, who merely scoffs in reply.

"She slapped you?" Alec asks, a look of confusion and slight irritation on his face, the look ten folding as Jace nods, side eyeing Clary.

"Good job, Risa. I hope it hurt like a bitch" I say, a devious smirk on my face aimed right at Jace.

***

"Here we are again, being the distractions" Alec complains, a bitter expression covering his face as he, Izzy and I walk into the NYC precinct, needing to find a way to the back.

"Well, if I recall properly it wasn't that bad last time" I say, a nostalgic smile on my face as I remember how we fought off the vampires.

My first fight and it already felt like a life time ago.

"Yeah, I guess being the distraction last time wasn't as bad as I had anticipated" Alec mutters, his eyes monetarily meeting mine, a small smile gracing his lips as we glance almost longingly at one another.

It was obvious the kiss we shared had changed things between us, things felt better and more open. Yet at the same time I felt like it was all a big secret and even looking at each other like this was going to blow the whole thing.

I awkwardly cough and turn my gaze from him, whilst doing so I see his expression drop, probably not anticipating me to pull away from a moment like that.

Not that I exactly wanted to.

"So, I'm guessing you're the distraction" I say chirpily to Izzy, my eyes meeting hers as she smiles, shaking her head in a modest manner.

"Nope. I've decided to grow up, remember? No more distracting for me."

I sigh, internally saddened by Izzy's change. It wasn't just the fact she was wearing 'modest' clothing, or that her hair was in a pony tail, it was the fact she felt she had to change who was in order to fit into her mothers mould.

I wished she could see how perfect she already was.

"Oh well, we can find another way in" I mutter quickly, trying to move past Izzy only to be quickly stopped and pushed back.

Oh no.

"Not so fast Fairchild," Izzy taunts, "You're up, and look he's pretty cute too"

Instinctively my eyes travel in the direction Izzy points and just as she says, he is pretty cute. The police officer at the desk was around 25, brown hair, brown eyes and had very pretty, baby like features.

He was attractive, for sure.

Not Alec attractive, but still attractive.

"She's going to what, seduce him?" Alec suddenly asks, stepping forwards to glare harshly at Izzy. He seemed annoyed, his arms where folded, his chest was slightly puffed and his eyes were trained starkly at Izzy, who merely smirked in victory.

He seemed jealous.

And it looked good on him.

"I'm not seducing him, Alec, "I scoff, laughing slightly, "It's light flirting to get what we need"

Alec merely scoffs, and turns away, muttering lowly and totteringly moving back and forwards, clearly unimpressed with the plan.

"Exactly" Izzy says, her hands turning me around, "Let's fix you up a little though" She states, her hands coming up to push my curled locks off my shoulder and to my back, before she unzips my leather jacket, and before I know it she's shifting down the front of my sleeveless crop to expose some of my cleavage.

"Izzy!" I scold, pulling back from her and covering my chest, a rush of blood heating my cheeks.

"Relax, it will help, besides you look hot... Alec will love it" She whispers, a cheeky smirk on her face as she turns back and calls Alec over, to 'give his opinion' as she put it.

I'm going to die of embarrassment.

I mean, it's not like my tits where hanging out, but it was more showing than I was used to, especially in front of Alec.

As Alec walks over Izzy slowly moves from in front of me giving Alec my full view. His expression quickly shifts to surprise and his eyes widen slightly, his gaze momentarily leaving my face. However, within a second his eyes are back on me and he's gulping nervously, nodding his as to silently give his approval.

I giggle lightly before turning on my heel, not wanting to embarrass my self my saying something stupid, or to make Alec any more uncomfortable.

He already looked tense enough.

Straightening my back, I walked as confidently as I could over to the desk, swaying my hips and arching my back like I've seen other girls do, in an attempt to be perceived as sexy.

Its been a long time since I've had to flirt with a guy to get something.

Let's hope I still got the chops for it.

"Hi, there officer" I purr, slowly taking a seat at the end of the large mahogany desk, my right thing placed on the edge, with my left leg dangling onto the ground.

Immediately, the mans eyes raise to my own, a look of disinterest at first but as he notices me, he seemingly perks up, suddenly more attentive of his surroundings.

"How may I help you, ma'am" He asks sweetly, his smile revealing identical dimples on his cheeks.

Cute.

"Please, call me Olivia, I've never been one for formalities. Especially not from cute guys in uniform like yourself" I reply, gently moving forwards to lean on my right hand, the movement causing my chest to perk up from the lack of space.

Something he quickly notices.

"Y-yes, of course Ma'am- I mean, Olivia. How may I help you"

I smirk in amusement, my conscience feeling bad but my devilish side enjoying the act. I reach over to my side and pick up a pamphlet, my eyes fakely scanning over the words as if to show my interest.

"Could you possibly tell me what this means- oops, I am so sorry" I drop the pamphlet behind the desk, my body lightly leaning against the desk, as I profusely apologies, my body staying close to the desk.

Distracted by my proximity, the officer falters, stuttering "Its ok, let me get that for you'.

As he pushed back his chair and disappears momentarily to get the pamphlet off the floor, my fingers swiftly grab the key card on his desk and I flick it to my left, relaxing as I notice Alec gruffly grasp it and stomp away, his eyes glaring in my direction before leaving.

Talk about jealousy.

The officer lifts back up and kindly hands me back the paper as I smile, thanking him. Getting up from my position, I stand up from the table, smiling thankfully, before preparing myself to leave.

"Thank you for you're help officer, but I must get going now. Maybe I'll see you around" I grin, waving and swiftly walking off, smirking at the small wave good bye I receive from him.

I'm a bitch.

I meet Alec and Izzy behind the furthest corridor, a victory smile on my face as Izzy grins, happy for my immaculate act.

"That was quite the performance Cam" Izzy cheers, making me giggle and bow jokingly in reply. However, my laughter is cut short from the tension in the air, and as my eyes finally meet Alec, I'm taken aback at how angry he looks.

"Yeah, great performance. Makes you wonder when else you've been acting" He sneers harshly, making Izzy gasp and me step back, as if he had slapped me.

What on earth?

Ignoring the look of bewilderment I give him, Alec merely rolls his eyes and stalks off, leaving me behind, hurt and confused.

I knew something was going to go wrong. 

Hi Guys :)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I know it's been a while and I'm super sorry! Even though the UK is currently in lock down and college is closed, I've been insanely busy with my work and since it's currently Ramadan, my time table has been a mess. But here I am, as promised, updating for all of you.

If you enjoyed the chapter make sure you VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

And I will see you all next update xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 969 53
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...
922K 15K 75
[π‘©π’π’π’Œ 1 - π‘©π’π’‚π’„π’Œπ’”π’•π’π’“π’Ž π‘³π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š] ❝Don't know where it goes But it's home to me, and I walk alone❞ ━━Green Day, Boulevard Of Broken Dr...
427K 9.1K 42
[HIGHEST: #1 in shadowhunters] [HIGHEST: # 1 in jacewayland] [ HIGHEST: #1 in themortalinstruments] [HIGHEST: #1 jaceherondale] [HIGHEST: #1 aleclig...
2.4K 180 43
After defeating Lilith and escaping Edom, the TMI gang finally returns to their common lifes in New York, ready to figure out different issues from d...