Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 51

474 8 0
By Edentopia

Hydron's P.O.V

I sat in a lounge looking at Dryoid in his box while twirling my hair nervously. Everything was going according to plan and Shadow Prove and Mylene should be returning back soon with the needed data.

A video message came through and I saw a guard on the other end.

"King Zenoheld requests your presence," was all the guard stated.

I raised an eyebrow, "Why, what's the problem?"

"Please come down to the throne room," The guard said before hanging up.

The thought made me frown. I didn't know what was happening, but something inside me suspected it had to do with those lousy brawlers.

When I stood in front of the throne to face my father, I felt nervous. My body trembled despite the fact I tried to hide it.

"The last of your teammates has disappeared," My father said displeased.

The shock was evident in my face, "What? How?"

"I can only imagine that the brawlers are behind it. No thanks to you," Zenoheld grumbled, "They must have been expecting our arrival which suggests they're either in possession of or have knowledge of the data you failed to destroy."

My eyes widened in fear at the memory. No... It couldn't be.

"Once again you failed me, Hydron."

I gasped further trying to process it.

"It must've been Lync."

"I don't think you understand how unhappy I am," Zenoheld's warning tone spoke.

"Relax," I say arrogantly, "This wasn't my fault. It was that traitor Lync, but I'll take care of it."

"No more chances for you. You must learn that failure has consequences."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the cursed thing. The guards were approaching the throne room and my fear spiked an all-time high. As it grew closer to myself, I found it harder to hold back the choked cry I had.

"Since my words have failed to inspire you, perhaps some time with the agonizer will give you the necessary motivation," My father suggested cruelly, "I assure you, your suffering will only be a fraction of what it cost me."

The machine powered to life and I cried out as the pain hit me. My body grew sore after the torture and I forced my way back to my chambers in pain. My father was angry towards myself and I only thought of Grace. I hoped she was safer than I was. I collapsed on my bed weak and stared at the ceiling, "Father, but why?"

Flashbacks of my battles with Volt and Lync vowing for revenge from beyond the grave haunted me. They were once my comrades and I had taken them out. It was all to show my father my brawling skills, wasn't it?

More visions entered my head as Volt and Lync mocked me before their deaths. Their words cut deep as I jolted myself awake.

I panted and bowed my head calming myself down.

"Time to fight back," I heard Volt's voice tell me.

I lifted my head to see my fallen friend.

"Volt?"

"You can't let him push you around anymore, Hydron."

"He's right, after all you've done for your father, he should be honouring not tormenting you."

"How did you-" I say startled as the apparitions flickered and faced me.

"Destroy him. Take the throne form him. Down with Zenoheld, All hail Prince Hydron," They said in unison.

This time I couldn't hold back my fear.

I blinked hard finding the ghosts had vanished. Was I dreaming? I laid on my bed with a horrified expression.

"Oh man," I gasped and looked at my shaking hand.

"It was just a dream, why am I shaking? Come on, keep it together," I tell myself.

I couldn't be losing my mind at a time like this.

I stared at Dryoid and the idea dawned on me. I had to take my father down.

One battled later, I found myself put in the dungeons. I lost to him and he disowned me as his son.

"You blew it," I scolded myself, "You fool, you lost everything."

"Why are you sitting here?" Volt's voice echoed in my head.

"You need to take down Zenoheld and take his throne," Lync's voice chimed in.

"Right now," Volt agreed.

"Go away, Leave me alone. Get lost!" I say grasping my head and swiping the air to cause the illusions to fade away.

In a fit of anger, I punched my fist to the wall ignoring the pain it brought me. It didn't matter, I thought as I looked at my bruised knuckles. The pain had eaten me alive and I had nothing left to live for except to take my father down.

"This isn't over. Do you understand me?" I called out to no one, "I will destroy Zenoheld."

I bowed my head determined with my fists clenched at my sides. I thought of everything that had led up to this moment. Grace... She was with Spectra now and I didn't just lose her as a lover, but as a friend for my desperation for my father's. Right then, I made a vow to myself.

It didn't matter whether she would forgive me or not. I had to do everything in my power to protect Grace from my father. She didn't deserve to die by his hand. She was strong and needed to survive this war. And if it would be the cost of my life, then so be it. As long as my best friend has a bright future, that'll put me at peace.

Grace's P.O.V

Keith and I sat together on the sofa patiently waiting to see what the girls were planning in the back. I held Keith's hand tightly worried for the future. Keith rubbed his thumbs over my hand comforting me. I placed my head on his shoulder as the faintest of smiles grew on his face.

The other boys were sitting along with us silently. It would seem as though everyone had gathered together in the common area for the girls' surprise.

"Hey everyone," Julie smiled, "It's cake time!"

"Cake time?" Dan asked confused.

"I didn't know this would happen," Baron said lost as well.

I had no words. Cake?

Runo took the cover off smiling brightly.

Everybody's faces, including my own were wide in shock. What had they done?

"What the-" Dan said astounded.

"Alright, cake time," Mira and Julie exclaimed cheerfully popping the confetti wrappers as the all of the heroes' bakugan popped out and surrounded the tray.

All the boys were speechless and I looked at Keith as he blinked trying to process everything.

"This is to awesome," Baron commented.

"Why so glum, guys?" Drago asked, "We wanted to throw a party for Keith, Grace, Helios and Titan to say..."

"Welcome to the family you guys," Mira, Runo and Julie finished.

The boys now realized what was happening and turned towards Keith and myself. I broke out into a grin.

"Humans can be so silly," Helios murmured.

"Don't be such a downer Helios," Runo frowned.

"Yeah, no one likes a party pooper," Julie agreed teasing the bakugan.

"I'm not a poopy anything," Helios said agitated.

Runo and Julie laughed as Helios got off Keith's shoulder and chased after them.

"We wanted to do this earlier, but well you know how crazy things were," Mira smiled at the both of us.

The three of us looked at the brawlers who surrounded the cake.

"Thanks for doing this Mira," Keith said graciously.

"Yeah, Mira, it's just like the good old days," I say smiling.

I stood beside Mira laughing as Dan attempted to get the strawberry off the cake when he was stopped by Runo.

"We can't start without Keith, Grace, Helios and Titan," Runo snapped.

I smiled, but it faded when I felt Keith shift beside me. I turned to face him and look at the screen as Mira grew a concerned look.

"Is there something wrong, Keith?"

"Sorry," Keith shook his head, "I guess I zoned out."

"Don't give me that big brother, I know you remember?"

There was a standoff between brother and sister and I felt unsure of what was happening. There was something else going on, I just know it.

"I'm telling you Mira, it's nothing," Keith told his little sister coldly.

"Bologna," Mira opposed.

"Guys, come on let's not fight," I sighed trying to break the tension, "It's supposed to be a party, right?"

Keith grabs my arm and pulls me to his side much to Mira's dismay.

"Let's go," Dan announced.

"Go where?" Marucho asked.

"Maybe it's the cake talking, but just think instead of waiting around for King Zenoheld to finish the alternative, let's storm the palace."

"At first light," Shun joined in with the other boys.

All three of us had no words but Keith and I tensed when two plates of cake were placed in front of us courtesy of Dan.

"Come on Keith and Grace, eat up. We got a big day tomorrow, but for now we celebrate," Dan advised.

"Thanks," Keith smiled, "I had forgotten how unbelievably good to fight as part of a team."

Mira and everyone else smiled as Keith began to eat the cake, but something as off. I knew him better than anyone else. That tone of voice was hiding something. And I intended to find out.

Keith's P.O.V

Everyone had gone to bed after the party and it was just Grace and myself in my room. She wore one of my shirts which I had to admit looked amazing on her. My mask laid on the desk beside the bed as I looked out to the lit up city.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Grace walked up to me.

Her arms wrapped around my waist as she stood by my side.

"Can't sleep thinking about tomorrow?" Helios asked backing me up.

"Actually, I was thinking of my father if you must know. He must be stopped."

"And he will be when you hit the palace tomorrow."

I left Grace's embrace and walked over to the desk putting my mask on.

"Tomorrow is not soon enough, Helios," I told him.

Grace widened her gaze and stood in front of me.

"You're going to leave in the middle of the night to take on Zenoheld?" She inquired.

I stepped towards her caressing her cheek, "I won't be too long, besides the brawlers will start tomorrow. If I can weaken Zenoheld now, we can defeat him."

"But Keith," Grace opposed, "We're still trying to track Zenoheld."

"My dear, I've always known where the ship was," I revealed.

Her eyes pained me as they looked at me with betrayal, "Then why didn't you say something before?"

"I have my reasons," I tell her.

Grace shook her head, "I thought we were part of a team, but you seem to have your own agenda."

"I am a part of the brawler's team," I argue and she stops me.

"I mean our team as in you and me," Grace spoke leaving me silent, "I thought you could trust me."

"I do trust you, but I don't want to see you hurt, that's all. We're going into war and I can't afford to lose you."

Grace shook her head, "You'll never lose me."

She leaned forward touching her lips to my own. My body responded to her touch as we stayed in each other's embrace.

"I can't stop you from leaving, can I?" Grace yawned.

I shook my head, "This needs to be done."

Grace backed away from me and opened a drawer in the night table. But once she did, she didn't move.

"Grace?" I asked concerned walking behind her.

When she turned around I had no words. She wore her Storm Brooke mask and her eyes full of love now held the deadly stare that I used to see back when we were part of the Vexos.

"Grace?" I asked.

"It's Storm Brooke," Grace's harsh voice answered as she raised her head to meet my gaze.

Titan hopped onto her shoulder as she spoke with determination, "And I'm coming with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 946 18
Another story to keep me busy and keep you all entertained, this time we're entering the World of the Bakugan battle brawlers. Y/N=your name L/N= la...
25.2K 926 39
Maria Galveston a girl who was born with out a Quirk in America. Her father abused her, her mother and her siblings. But one night after her fath...
1.7K 77 48
it's been a whole year since Dan, Marucho, and Shun defeated Emperor Barodius, and ever since then, Bakugan Interspace has flourished into a bigger a...
16K 390 54
Co-writer: @Banunu ~Warm blood trickled down her shoulder while shielding him. There were spots onto the ground. Head hanging low from the recoil of...